The upcoming South Park rpg...

Started by Teo Torriatte, January 24, 2013, 07:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teo Torriatte

Chris Brady

As of last week?  It's in legal limbo.  Apparently, with THQ chopped up like a salad, the South Park Studios guys are saying THQ can't sell the property off to someone else, but THQ says they can.  Now not having access to the paperwork, I have no idea who's right or wrong here, just that it seems that they're in for a fight.  Although Ubisoft currently has the property, the question is will it see light of day?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Arohk

I'm excited for it. I am a huge South Park fan. Legal issues or not, I'll wait to play it. Funnily enough, my dad is the one who is all for it and excited. He wants it. And it's all he's been talking about since before Christmas. XP

Wolfy

Course, we all know how most of the OTHER South park games turned out...<_<>_>

And with this one in Legal Limbo..well...it's going to be interesting. I'll be damn surprised if it makes it's announced release date.

BlightRaptor

Huh... I'm actually... kinda stoked for this to happen.

Revelation

With it being this close to its slated release date, I think South park Studios will try to clear whatever hangups are currently going on with the same, and seek to get it out. Given its by Obsidian and I don't think Obsidian is actually being rushed this time, it should be good. It has more direct involvement from Trey and Matt, and I have high hopes for this game. Trey and Matt have always been nerds and gamers, making a lot of oblique or more obvious references to games - especially Blizzard ones, and not just WoW!

Arohk

I actually have never really hated any of the other South Park titles. I especially enjoyed the N64 ones when I was younger.

This one looks like it was taken more seriously than other titles. So I don't really have any reason NOT to be excited about it. As for the release date... Well. I'll be surprised if they make it as well... But I can still hope that they do.

Alchemistry

From the animation and gameplay, it looks like one of those Flash games updated for console release like Alien Hominid. That means I'm going buy it!

Skynet

Quote from: Chris Brady on January 24, 2013, 01:27:18 PM
As of last week?  It's in legal limbo.  Apparently, with THQ chopped up like a salad, the South Park Studios guys are saying THQ can't sell the property off to someone else, but THQ says they can.  Now not having access to the paperwork, I have no idea who's right or wrong here, just that it seems that they're in for a fight.  Although Ubisoft currently has the property, the question is will it see light of day?

Oh no, this is very bad news!

Chris Brady

None of the sales of THQ have been finalized, and won't be until next week.  We'll see then.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Teo Torriatte

meep, sometimes I hate capitalism. I really had no idea what was going on with THQ, especially since Steam still has a definite seeming release date blissfully posted on their site for this game.

Here is to hoping that it gets resolved.

Callie Del Noire

Well the thing is I am betting that the folks at South Park were happy with THQ doing it BUT what input in whoever takes over the project. If THEY have the material done to date they have better control over who finishes it.