Doctor Who, Lost Memories: Thrill Seeker [fireandblood & Villain]

Started by fireandblood, January 07, 2013, 07:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Villain

"You gotta love blue!" The Doctor cheered before darting across the floor of the TARDIS to the controls and rapidly slamming down lever after lever. He chuckled the entire time as he set the TARDIS on its next course, wildly spinning a row of cogs, pushing down a row of switches and pressing several glowing buttons, all in aid of changing their course.

"Okay!" The Doctor roared eagerly as he rubbed his hands and kicked off his shoes before jumping onto the control pad and kicking at the gear stick before he grinned broadly at Robin. "Once you've called your brother we're off to see the universe. Anywhere you want, your choice. You have the knowledge of the Time Lords running through your head, you should be spoiled for choice with ideas of where to go next."

"We could go to the land of dinosaurs, we could party down at a disco in the seventies, meet the first robot cowboy that ever existed or we could just fly straight into the orbit of a wandering cluster of star blazers and ride the impact, sending us hurtling through the Time Vortex to anywhere in time and space," the Doctor explained before lifting the red phone that lay on the controls with his foot and kicking it at Robin.

"Come on! Come on! We've got so much to see and so much time, but I don't like waiting," the Doctor said excitedly.

fireandblood

Robin giggled at the Doctor's antics, crossing her arms over her chest and following his feet with her eyes. There was no way she would ever touch such sensitive controls with her feet, but the Doctor had been flying the TARDIS for quite a long time. But then he reminded her that she was about to call her brother and the smile faded a bit. It was a conversation she was both excited for and very, very scared of.

When he kicked the phone at her, she caught it, trying another smile. It was still a bit more sad than she liked, but she managed all the same. Looking down, she realized that his number probably changed when the Doctor gave them new identities... But the TARDIS could probably connect her anyway. She clicked in his number and was glad when she heard the ringing start.

"Hello?" her brother's voice said after a moment, a little confused at the strange number that was calling him.

"Hi, Allen, it's me," she said, her voice thick with emotion. She turned away from the Doctor so that he wouldn't see her eyes fill with tears. "How are you?"

"Robin!" he whispered, and she could hear him run into his room and shut the door. "I was so worried, I got a new number and didn't have a way to give it to you... How are you? Is everything okay?"

"I think the TARDIS phone has a slightly psychic connection," she said, a wide smile spreading over her lips. "Everything's fine. How long has it been for you? It's only been a couple of hours for me."

"Wow," he said in a hushed voice. "It's been around six months here. Actually, I have kind of a request for you and the Doctor."

"Shoot," Robin said, sitting against the console.

"Well... He moved us to Houston. Texas. We live next to Rice University now," he explained. "And there have been some strange disappearances from there lately. I've mentioned it to Torchwood but they say they don't think it's alien. But my gut is telling me it is... Would you and the Doctor come check it out?" Robin's jaw dropped and she looked back at the Doctor.

"He's got you working for Torchwood?" she asked incredulously, shaking her head. "Wow... Well, let me ask him about it and I'll let you know. I love you, Allen. Bye." Robin tossed the phone back to the Doctor.

"So... Fancy a trip to Texas?" she said. "Apparently there have been disappearances from Rice that Allen is worried about. And Torchwood won't investigate." She smiled, walking over to stand next to him. "I wouldn't mind going back to school for a bit anyway..."

Villain

"Texas, how of Texan barbecue, black gold Texas tea, chili, long horns and their intimidating slogan 'Don't mess with Texas'," the Doctor said as he turned back to the controls and altered their journey a final time by tampering with the buttons, levers, cogs, joysticks and strange devices with no apparent function. "I don't see why not. If Torchwood is being lazy then it should be a doddle."

The TARDIS let out a loud hum and a series of bleeps when the Doctor was finished reprogramming their destination into the TARDIS. He beamed up at the TARDIS as its centre began to glow warmly and bounce as it went thundering through the Time Vortex to Texas, USA. He seemed to be enjoying the traveling so much that it took him a moment to register what Robin had also said.

"Wait...what?" He asked, confusion sweeping over his bristly face as he turned to the girl. "You want to go back to school?" He asked before scratching his head and asking. "Why?"

"I mean, don't get me wrong, school can be fun. You get to see your friends and play tig and stuck in the mud and kiss chase, but its also a place where you have to spend a large amount of time sat behind a desk reading stuff you're not interested in, like archaeology! Who on Earth would want to be one of them? I point and laugh at Archaeologists!" The Doctor exclaimed before staring blankly into the air as he realised that he had lost his train of thought.

"Sorry what were we talking about?" He asked before a small vibration shuiddered through the TARDIS as it completed its journey and dematerialised in Texas.

fireandblood

Robin laughed as the Doctor babbled on and on. Part of her wondered if the talking was simply a defense mechanism to cover up his sadness... But she guessed that he was just always happy to be traveling in the TARDIS. But as he continued she raised an eyebrow at him, marveling at how very quickly he could derail his own thoughts and completely forget about what he'd been saying.

"We were talking about the fact that you think it's strange that I want to go back to school," Robin said, placing a hand on her hip. "But it's not as though I'm going forever, I'll be an 'exploratory' major and only take classes I want to take." She thought for a moment before grinning. "And you don't have to come along. If you'd rather just dump me off and go off on your own that's fine. Time Lord brain now, remember?" She walked toward him and bumped her hip on his.

"As long as you check in on me, that is. Don't want you completely forgetting about me after all. It'll be fun though! Getting a flatmate, attempting to seem human, trying to remember what it's like having a lot less space in here." A long finger tapped her temple as she smiled at the Doctor. "Think of it as a test! See if I can investigate on my own without blowing up the university!"

Villain

"But, we have so much to see and so much to-" the Doctor began, but hesitated as the words caught in his throat. "I mean, there's whole galaxy's to explore and... there's a hole in a dimension that we could check out and.... Robin I really think that-" the Doctor paused again and scratched his bristly chin before eventually hanging his head.

"Alright, you're going to get your way anyway," the Doctor said with a grunt, leaning back on the controls and folding his arms over his chest stubbornly. "You go have fun at college. I'll drop by once a week...maybe twice if you're a good girl." The Doctor gave Robin a shifty eyed look before adding, "Maybe three times if your lucky."

The Doctor pouted and looked away from Robin, fiddling absentmindedly with a joy stick on the controls whilst he stared glumly at the ground. Much like a spoiled child who had just been told they couldn't have any more ice cream.

fireandblood

"Doctor," Robin said, a small smile touching her lips, "You seem to have forgotten that, as you've said, I have a frustratingly long life ahead of me. One that... Well, anyway..." she started to sound a little awkward but she soldiered on. "We have literally as much time as we could want to travel together. And I'd like to go back to college while I still find it interesting, and you know. See my brother before I can't anymore."

Her face had grown a bit sad but she smiled, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"And you can visit anytime you want. Literally," she said, laughing. "Come visit me everyday if you like. I'd love to see you. I won't promise to be a 'good girl' but you know you wouldn't have me any other way." Then her own shifty-eyed look appeared and she turned to face him, rubbing her fingers lightly up and down his arm.

"Also... would you mind if I steal some clothes from the wardrobe? I can't very well wear this dress everyday - though I'm sure you wouldn't object, naughty boy - and none of my old clothes fit me anymore. As soon as I can I'll shop but... Nothing compares to the TARDIS's clothes. Please?" she looked up at him, her purple eyes wide and pleading.

Villain

The Doctor met her gaze for a moment and stared into her eyes in silence, a blank look on his face, until eventually he rolled his eyes and let out another sigh.

"Fine, go off to your fancy college and raid my wardrobe!" The Doctor groaned, but not angrily. "But if I end up regenerating again and turning into a woman, you have to give all of my clothes back!" The Doctor said before getting up and taking off his suit jacket. He took the item of clothing and made a move to hang it off the periscope, but rather than hang off it, the clothes slid off and the periscope fell to the ground with a clang.

"Now that I think about it. I really need to repair my TARDIS properly. She's been through a lot since the Master shot her," the Doctor said whilst rubbing his hand over the controls almost soothingly.

"Oh and one last thing before you pop off to pack," the Doctor said as he turned to Robin, hesitating for a moment before saying with difficulty. "Keep my jumper. It suited you," the Doctor mumbled and picked up his jacket and the remains of the periscope before tossing them onto the control panel. "You look cuter in it than me"

fireandblood

Robin grinned happily even though she'd known she would get her way. Apparently the Doctor found it very hard to say no to her... A fact that she would have to remember in case it came in handy later. An idea struck her then... One that might get her into trouble but one she couldn't ignore. She began to walk toward the wardrobe, but as she reached the stairs she paused. Slowly, Robin reached around her back and pulled down the zip, letting the dress drop to pool at her feet. If the Doctor looked he would see her flawless, pale back, bare except for the pair of black lace panties she wore. Then she walked down into the wardrobe, looking until she found a bag.

She set to work quickly, pulling things that looked about her size from their hangers and throwing them haphazardly into the bag. Though she knew she'd go shopping soon, she wanted access to things she probably wouldn't be able to find on Earth. As she worked she hummed, some long-forgotten song that she only knew the melody to.

When she'd finished raiding the closet, she pulled on a bra she'd found, then looked at the outfit she'd chosen. First, she pulled on the black tights, and over that she slid into the tiny black miniskirt. On top she wore a tight, purple tanktop. Grinning, she pulled on the cowboy hat she'd found, placing a huge pair of black sunglasses on top of it. On her feet she put the black boots from earlier.

Robin sauntered back to the deck of the TARDIS, finding the Doctor's jumper and putting that in the bag as well. She walked to stand in front of him and twirled, giving him a wide smile.

"What do you think?"

Villain

Deers that had been caught in the headlights of oncoming cars had looked less shocked than the Doctor when Robin stripped from her dress in front of him. He gawked after her, unable to resist leaning forwards on the controls to keep up the stare, before suddenly letting out a yell as one of the buttons gave way and the TARDIS began to let out a loud blaring alarm.

"ITS OKAY! ITS OKAY! CALM DOWN!" The Doctor yelled, picking himself up and frantically fiddling with the controls until eventually the alarms ceased. "Sorry old girl," the Doctor muttered as he patted the controls tenderly. "That was Robin's fault, she distracted me by being a minx." A jagged zapping sound came from the TARDIS and the Doctor let out a cry of surprise and outrage before pointing after Robin and yelling, "I am not! Don't be so silly!"

The Doctor's face was burning red as he affectionately pawed at the controls, stroking a few of the buttons tenderly. "Besides," the Doctor began. "You know you'll always be the only girl for me," he said before grinning at the TARDIS. "You and me have still got a heck of a lot more running to do."

When Robin walked in the Doctor let out a wolf whistle and smirked mischievously at Robin. "Looking good my dear. Your mother would completely disapprove of what you're wearing," the Doctor said before his expression turned stern, "So seeing as your mother told me how I'm obligated to look after you, I object to this style and you must be rid of it immediately!"

"I will not have boys drooling over sweet innocent Robin Baker on my watch" The Doctor said before breaking into a sudden laugh and saying with a chuckle. "Oh dear, can you imagine if I was like that?"

fireandblood

"Yes," she said, eyeing the Doctor with one eyebrow raised, "I met your first self, remember?" She laughed and winked at him. "Besides, Doctor, no matter how many boys drool and wink over me, not one of them could even hope to be capable of handling me. And I believe I heard you call me sweet and innocent? You certainly are a kidder, aren't you."

Robin stepped close to the Doctor, her body again pressed to his like it had been when they were dancing. Placing a finger on his shoulder, she trailed it down his arm and back up, pressing just hard enough so that he'd feel it through his shirt. Again she looked up at him with wide eyes.

"So, I'm going to need a flat," she said. "And some bed linens... And some things to decorate... And I need to get enrolled - preferably under a different last name... And school supplies... And decorations..."

---

A couple of hours later, Robin burst into her new, spacious flat. Placing several bags on the ground, she cupped her hands around her mouth and called out loudly, the noise bouncing off the walls of the large living room and kitchen.

"Hello, new flatmate!" she yelled, a wide smile on her face. "Are you there? Are you a Texan? Can you cook? Do you like scary movies? Are you there??"

Villain

The questions were met with the sound of an explosion as one of the bedroom doors flew off its hinges and crashed onto the ground. Green smoke poured from the open doorway, accompanied by the sound of loud blaring rock music, passing over the floor and quickly making the spacious Texan flat seem more like the misty moors of Scotland.

Something stirred amidst the green smoke, followed by the sound of coughing and spluttering. A figure walked out from the smoke, a young woman, dressed in black leather jacket, tattered grey shirt and skin tight jeans. Her skin was the color of bronze and her black hair was tied back in spikes, making it bare a slight resemblance to a pineapple. She rubbed at her eyes with tattered fingerless gloves and let out a groan as she looked down at the heavy boots on her feet.

"Awww bugger. I think I just blew up my new boots," she cursed in a British accent whilst surveying the damage dealt to the thick leather boots, that looked so hard that it seemed as if the explosive had done barely any damage to them.

The girl looked up from her boots, as if noticing for the first time that she wasn't alone, and gave Robin a small wave and a slight smile of embarrassment, "Uh...hi, sorry about that. A little experiment of mind went wrong," she said with a chuckle, striding across the room to the kitchen, completely ignoring the vast amounts of green smoke still pouring from her room.

"A little experiment involving Glycol and a few other chemicals. It turns out that peppermint mentos wasn't the best of choices," she said as she opened the fridge and pulled out a pizza box before dumping it on the counter and ceasing a piece with a greedy bite. "The names Nitro. Who are you?"

fireandblood

Robin's face was completely shocked as she watched the girl. Her eyes darted quickly between the tight outfit, the crazy hair, and the green smoke billowing out of the girl's room. Of all the things she'd thought her flatmate would be, this was the exact opposite. Slowly, a wide grin began to spread across Robin's face, until it seemed that all of her teeth were showing. She walked forward, stepping right up close to the girl and examining her from just a few inches.

"I'm Robin," she said in her own British accent, still beaming. "I'm your new flatmate. Nitro, is it? That's a lovely name." After a moment of examining the girl, Robin grabbed a piece of pizza herself without asking and stepped back. Holding up a finger, she called out the door as though addressing someone.

"Doctor! Get in here! You're gonna love my new friend!"

Villain

Nitro seemed to chew the pizza in the most unladylike manner possible whilst she watched Robin. She leaned with her elbows on the counter and grinned at Robin with a mouth full of cheese and tomato. She didn't say anything else, the introduction seemed to suffice, but when her new room mate called for her friend, a look of confusion crossed over her pretty face.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" The Doctor yelled as he dashed into their apartment, carrying a box under one arm, a suit case in his hand and several dresses on his shoulder. In his other hand, he carried the sonic screwdriver, that he waved about in alarm, as if hoping to stab and slice at whatever danger had appeared.

"I'm here! I'm here and the place smells of mint!" The Doctor yelled before finally turning to Robin and Nitro and looking at them blankly for a moment. Once he realised that there was no danger, the Doctor frowned and put the screwdriver away, looking disappointed that there was no immediate life threatening danger.

"Hello, I'm the Doctor," he said to nitro, lifting the fedora hat in greeting, before frowning again, this time in embarrassment, as he realised how strange he must look, dressed in 1930s clothing. "Excuse the look. I'm trying to bring back the 1930s gangster look"

fireandblood

Robin took a bite of her own pizza and watched with amusement as the Doctor came, running, into the room. A giggle bubbled up in her throat as she gazed at him carrying her things and waving the sonic frantically. She still hadn't told him that she had ahold of her mother's... That would be a fun conversation for later. After she'd updated it a bit. Laughing, she turned to Nitro.

"This is the Doctor," she said, gesturing to the strange man. "I've got him whipped. The mighty Doctor, carrying my shopping!" Her laugh was louder when she looked back at him. "And no, dear, this one isn't trying to kill me. You can deposit all of those things in my room if you don't mind." With a mischievous smile, she looked back at her flatmate.

"So, Nitro, where are you from?" she asked, winking. "What brings you to Rice? I take it you're a chemical engineering major or something of the sort? Do you like Texas? What's your favorite color?" She stopped, eyes widening. "That's new. I'm very... question-y. I like it!"

Villain

"Whipped?" The Doctor cried, spluttering with disbelief. "I am not whipped. I'm the oncoming storm, the guardian of time and in some cultures I'm known as the great egg and spoon race champion. No one can whip the Doctor," the Doctor protested, dropping the box and clothes down with a stubborn grunt and crossing his arms as he pouted. "Then again..." the Doctor began, a thoughtful look on his face, "...there was that time in Egypt when someone actually whipped me."

Nitro spluttered as her pizza went down the wrong way and flung herself at the kitchen sink, turning the tap on and gulping down a great mouthful of water to clear the blockage. Once she was done she let out a giggle, her head still halfway into the sink, before straightening up and turning back to the Doctor and Robin with a grin on her face.

"Wicked, you're both weirdos!" She said happily, her brown eyes brimming with mischief as they darted back and fourth between the two. "Fantastic, I've always wanted a weirdo for a flat mate."

"That is the first time I have ever heard someone say that after meeting me," the Doctor said curiously before looking around the apartment. Only now did he notice the small burn marks on the ceiling, the rare blue stains on the carpet and the bullet hole in the wall. "Is this the first time you've lived with a weirdo?"

"Yup, all the others were so normal and boring," Nitro tutted, grabbing another slice of pizza and biting the end off it. "They got so uptight over the smallest things, like being woken up at night by explosions, finding bullets in the fridge and liquid nitrogen under the sink. They were so petty."

The Doctor stifled a laugh as he obtained a new perspective on the war wounds that covered the apartment, "Just out of curiosity, how many flat mates have you had?"

"Lets see..." Nitro began, leaning on the counter and looking up to the ceiling as she began to think it over. "I'm in the first year of my course. I've been living here for about ten months... so about... fourteen."

"That is astounding," the Doctor laughed before grabbing Robin's shoulders and pushing her towards Nitro. "Take her under your wing. There is much that you can teach her. I want her to be a mistress of destruction once you are done."

"I'll see what I can do," Nitro chuckled before turning to Robin and smirking. "And to answer your very question-y questions. I'm taking a major in chemistry. I came to Rice because my Mum and Dad have always been big on traveling, they run a world wide charity you see, so I got to see Texas and other parts of America quite a few times. I guess I liked Texas the best because of all the barbeque and cowboys. My favorite color is black, I'm from London, England and I have a tattoo on my back of an alien riding a Harley Davidson."

"Not that you asked, but I thought that since you're moving in you should know everything about me," Nitro spoke, before cocking her head curiously at Robin. "How did you manage that by the way? I thought they had started tearing up flat mate request forms to do with this place."

"Simple really," the Doctor said with a nonchalant shrug. "When you're the close personal friend of the governor of Texas, you can pretty much tell the cows when to moo."

"You're a friend of the Governor of Texas?" Nitro asked with surprise.

"Yeah!" The Doctor answered, before murmuring under his breath. "Just not the current Governor of Texas."

Nitro's brow arched questioningly, but she didn't press on. Instead she turned back to Robin and said, without pause or shame, "I also sleep walk, listen to loud rock music and fix my motor bike in the kitchen. Is that going to be a problem?"

fireandblood

"Doctor," Robin pointed out, taking a thoughtful bite of her own slice of pizza, "since when do I need any help being a mistress of destruction? I recently was almost involved in a wedding that could have wiped out several races from existence, not to mention the fact that every time you look at me you almost have a heart attack." Her grin was wide and her eyes sparkled. Turning to her new flatmate, she placed her hands on her hips.

"Don't listen to the Doctor's braggadocio," she said, rolling her eyes and winking. "He's not all he thinks he is. In answer to your questions, no, none of that should bother me... In fact I think we're going to get along quite well. I don't sleep much myself and I have a feeling there might be a few explosions from my own room... So as long as we're on the same page as far as that goes I think we're good."

For a moment she seemed to think, then grinned mischievously as she looked between Nitro and the Doctor. A giggle worked its way out of her and she clapped a little madly.

"I do have a condition about the motorbike, though," she said. "You can only work on it as long as you teach me how to drive! And can I see your tattoo? What kind of alien is on the bike? Also I may have... visitors... at certain odd times... You'll be okay with that, yeah?" After thinking about this for a second her eyes widened and she hastily continued. "I mean... Not those kinds of visitors, more like... work associates."

Villain

"No problem at all," Nitro answered with a nod and a grin. She turned on the spot before lifting up her shirt (completely ignoring the Doctor's splutter of surprise) to reveal a tattoo of a little green martian, with a big head and tiny black eyes, riding the legendary bike towards her shoulder blade. She seemed perfectly at ease with showing off her back, even when in the presence of a man, but whether it was because she didn't mind or didn't care was unknown. "Little tattoo I got when I visited Roswell. To tell the truth I got it in Mexico, but it wasn't long after my trip to Roswell."

"Ah Roswell, good times," the Doctor said wistfully, staring into the distance with a small smile on his roughly shaven face. "That was quite a fender-bender."

"Um, right," Nitro said slowly, finally seeming to register the Doctor's strangeness for the first time as she noted the reminiscent look on his face. Her gaze shifted between him and Robin for a moment before she asked. "So...when you say work associates, what do you mean? Are you two part of a business or something?"

"You could call it that. I do make a lot of things my business," the Doctor said with a nod of consideration.

fireandblood

Robin leaned in to inspect the tattoo, a grin on her face. Of course she hadn't met any real aliens that looked like the typical human drawing of one, but it was still a great tattoo. It also meant that Nitro would be fine taking Robin along on her first trip to the tattoo parlor... A more secretive edge appeared in her smile as she thought of her plan.

"Doctor," she said in an amused tone, "In your quest to show off in front of my new flatmate, you seem to have forgotten who it was who decided to come here... Anyway, Nitro, yes. We're sort of... Freelance detectives of a sort." She grinned widely at the Doctor. "Does that title fit us? I think so. The Doctor and Robin, freelance detectives." She whirled again to face her flatmate.

"Are you interested in aliens?" Robin asked nonchalantly.

Villain

"Who isn't?" Nitro replied to Robin with a smile, but her eyes did not leave the Doctor. Something in her eyes seemed to stir uncomfortably, as if she were trying to remember something important, something that related to the strange man who stood before her. "So if you're detectives...what are you doing here?"

"Robin's going undercover. It's all part of a plan to rumble whoever is behind the great cafeteria food conspiracy," the Doctor replied as he swiped one of the pizza slices and sniffed it before shoving it into his mouth. "Its all hush hush, so watch who you tell. Otherwise they could be hamburgers by the morning," the Doctor said with difficulty as he chewed the savory treat.

"You just made all that up," Nitro said, a touch of curiosity lighting up her smile.

"Of course I made it up. I was hungry and thinking about food," the Doctor said after swallowing a mouthful of pizza and wiping his hands on his trousers. "Or maybe I just told you the truth and this is actually a lie to cover my tracks. Dwell on that until the next time I see you."

"Robin, it's time for me to go," the Doctor said before motioning to the doorway. "How about we go and get the last of your stuff out of the TAR...Tar...Car...the car!" The Doctor said after bumbling over a few words, lifting his hat to Nitro in a farewell gesture before he walked out of the room.

fireandblood

Robin knew that look on Nitro's face. Something about the Doctor just made you want to know who he was... But at the same time, it seemed as though you already knew who he was. She wondered if it was his voice, or something about him related to the recent attempt at world domination. Robin grinned. No one would remember her from the incident... Even though she was technically the one who started it.

"Ignore the Doctor," Robin said to Nitro. "He's got a bit of a stutter and an insane imagination." And yet she still didn't answer the girl's question. This was going to be harder than she thought, trying to act human. However, Nitro wasn't exactly the most normal of humans, so maybe she wouldn't notice. Robin walked over to the Doctor and linked her arm through his.

"Off we go. To the car," she said, smiling at Nitro. "Back in a mo'. Then we can... Bond! Is that what flatmates do? Bond!"

Villain

Once Robin and the Doctor had left Nitro stared after the two of them with curiosity. When they were finally out of sight, she crossed to her room, hopping over the blasted off door. Nitro's room was a mess, its walls were covered with posters, so much so that not one speck of what lay beneath could be seen, and there was chemistry equipment covering the shelves and desk. Amongst the tools on the desk was a PC computer with stickers littered about on its casing.

She started up the computer and sat down at the desk, rapping her fingers on the desk as she watched the screen boot up. She started up the internet and began to type out an email, all the time thinking about what she had just witnessed and the people she had met.

"The Doctor... the Doctor... the Doctor..." Nitro whispered as she rapidly typed on the keyboard. "I don't know you. We have never met," she hit enter and the message sent. "But... I know a lot about someone else."

Somewhere far away from Texas, a message bleeped on the screen of a smart phone. The owner raised it in front of her and looked at it curiously. They couldn't deny that it was the last text that they would have thought to receive from the young woman. Eccentric though she might be, what she asked of was something strange, something that they hadn't spoken of in a very long time.

Tell me again about the Time Lord

---

"So, you have clothes, cash, a mobile that can call me any time and a key to the TARDIS, just in case I loose the old girl," the Doctor spoke as he handed Robin the last of her luggage. "Which happens more than you think. Remind me to tel you about the Weeping Angels one day. They're very complicated bad guys."

They were stood in the car park of the University, parked between a large jeep and a big blue van, which the Doctor had insisted was a big improvement on the big creepy white van they had needed to drive during the war on Earth. The Doctor dusted his hands as he handed her the last bag and smiled at her before asking, "Are you sure you want to do this? You don't have to move in and start this whole...undercover schtick. There are easier ways of getting killed."

"We could fly into the heart of a black hole. We could go tell the Silurians that they're not allowed to live on Earth. We could even go to the French Revolution and get our heads chopped off," the Doctor said before his face suddenly lit up with excitement. "Hey, that's not a bad idea! Let's go to the French Revolution! We could see Marie Tussaud, one of the greatest wax work artists that ever lived. She could make my handsome mug and we could sneak it into the wax work museum in England!"

fireandblood

Robin accepted the miscellaneous items with a small smile on her face. But she really lit up when he handed her a key to the TARDIS. The Doctor treated this like it was no big deal, but Robin knew it was. It meant he trusted her... Trusted her with his ship, the most advanced piece of technology the universe held. His TARDIS, who had been the one constant companion through all his travels.

"I'm sure, Doctor," she said with a laugh, looking up at him. "As much as I'd love to see a version of your face that is actually capable of shutting up, I think this is the right place for me to be right now. I'm helping out my brother, I get a little more college experience... And you know you can drop in on me any time, I'll always be happy to see you." Her voice was a bit more sincere than normal, her face not quite as mischievous as it normally was.

"And if I get in trouble, I have the mobile. I won't go anywhere without it. Besides, it shouldn't be anything too bad!" She grinned, her purple eyes full of life, and flung herself at the Doctor. Wrapping her arms around his neck she pressed a kiss solidly on his cheek. "I'll miss you," she whispered in his ear.

Villain

The Doctor sighed lightly and hugged Robin back, holding her tightly to his chest as he finally accepted the inevitable, Robin Baker was going to college and not even he could change that.

The Doctor knew that in a way this would be for the best. He still needed to investigate the gap in the universe and find out why the walls between dimensions were breaking down, and if experience had taught him anything, it was that catastrophic events such as that were bound to lead to something incredibly dangerous. It would be much safer for Robin to remain on Earth, safe and sound, living her odd new life.

"I'll miss you too Robin Baker," the Doctor mumbled as they parted and gave Robin a small smile as he kicked open the door of the TARDIS. "I'll be back soon. Try not to blow the place up while I'm gone. I would like the pleasure of doing that."

And with that the Doctor stepped back into the TARDIS, waving at the young Time Lord with a twinkle in his eye and a sparkle in his pearly white grin.

"Toodles!" He called before shutting the door and within moments the TARDIS began to flicker in and out of existence, its unearthly sounds resounding through the car park, as it dematerialised and began its journey, leaving Robin alone at Rice University, ready to begin her own adventure.

At least, it seemed that way at first. Before Robin could so much as blink, the TARDIS returned, slowly emerging once more on the concrete of the car park. The doors opened and the Doctor stepped out, still wearing the 1930s suit and the fedora hat.

"Silly me," the Doctor sighed, shaking his head wearily as he stepped out of the magical blue box. "Almost forgot something very important" the Doctor said and without a second of hesitation, grabbed Robin by the collar of shirt and pulled her into him, before planting a firm kiss to her mouth.

This time, the kiss was not innocent or light, this time the kiss was passionate, so much so that Robin's balance was almost taken away by the fierceness of the embrace. The Doctor held Robin tightly to him, his thumb gently brushing her cheek while his other hand placed itself on the small of her back, keeping her pressed to him, until eventually he pulled back and let out a small gruff chuckle against her lips.

"Now we're even," the Doctor said before smacking Robin on the backside and running back to the TARDIS, giving Robin one last wink before closing the doors behind him and setting off on a new journey, laughing loudly the entire time.

fireandblood

"I'll try my best... But if you ask me, it seems that Nitro might be more likely to do the blowing up," Robin smiled back at the Doctor as he backed into the TARDIS. Though she would miss him, she looked forward to her stay here, especially since it would give her a chance to see her brother again. Even so... When the TARDIS started up, Robin's smile faded a little and grew sad. She had just discovered an entirely new life, and here she was, leaving it behind...

So it was with shock that she realized the TARDIS was rematerialising in front of her. Either he's forgotten something or something really bad is happening, Robin thought, taking a wary step back. When the Doctor emerged, seemingly intact, she sighed with relief. But then he did something she was completely not expecting, pulling her roughly to him and... kissing her.

The kiss was hard and passionate, and Robin's eyes were wide as saucers the entire time. Of all the things she would have anticipated the Doctor doing, that was certainly not one of them. It was so often her doing the kissing, never him. Not that she was complaining, of course... He'd pulled her so roughly to him that she nearly lost her balance, and her breath was coming in gasps against his lips. Maybe I should just go with him, she started to think, but then all too soon he was pulling away from her.

An indignant yelp was all Robin could get out when he smacked her bum before he was hopping back into the TARDIS. Laughing maniacally, of course... Robin's eyes narrowed as she rubbed her sore backside and picked up the last of her belongings. Placing the TARDIS key in her pocket, she started walking to the flat.

"Even, right," she muttered as she reached the door. "You're in for it, big boy..." Pushing open the door, she smiled brightly. "Oh, Nitro! Let's go get ice cream or something!"