Welcome to The Salem Institute of Magic! - [ Recruiting!! Adults now Open!!][HP]

Started by Codexa, April 15, 2016, 10:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codexa

Good to see you Untamed! Your faces are reserved!

Hope you feel better soon!!

-

Also everyone!

We're thinking about getting the game rolling after the 30th of the month, so sometime early May. :) Just so you guys know a beginning is being planned!

VioletPanda

OOOHH that's just in time for my finals to be done! Yay!

*Added wand specs and theme song

What about playing No-Mah born characters?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The Basics

Full Name: Darren Andrews

Nickname: Darry

Birthday/Age: June 20, 16

Blood Status: No Maj

Hometown: Fennville, Michigan

House: Andover

Year: Sophmore
Wand: Cedar | RouGarou | Length

Patronus: Yes, bear
Apparation License No

Physical Appearance

Description:

Distinguishing Features:

Delving Deeper

Personality:
Positive: Selfless, Ambitious, Trustworthy
Negative: Stubborn, Arrogant,
Neutral:
[http://ideonomy.mit.edu/essays/traits.html]

History:
  Darren grew up in a small town in Michigan, the first person in his family -that he knows of- to exhibit any kind of magical ability. It manifested itself in school, usually when he was trying to protect his younger brother from bullies. It was minor, like a book flying into his hand when trying to grab it from a bully. This happened twice before his brother, a year younger than him, told their mother.

His mother and father brushed it off as kids telling stories, but when it reached their neighbor, he took it upon herself to go to the proper authorities.

After long discussions, the choice was his as to whether he would go to to a No Maj school or one of the Wizard ones near Salem...He decided to go to the Wizarding School. It was...not easy. He had no idea when he made his choice what it meant to be a No Maj.

Family: [Who is in your characters family? - List name | occupation | relation | bloodstatus | Reputation if applies]

A Little More

Academic History:

Dislikes:

Habits | Mannerisms: [At least three]

Fears: (None is NOT an acceptable answer)

Extras:

Theme Song:
    The Light, Disturbed

Notes:
WIP
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Codexa

MistressofPen

*Pushes open the door, trips over the sill on the way in.*

My character is in.  I will do my best to keep wacky under control.  But, there are no guarantees.

I look forward to the story.

HannibalBarca

“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Untamed Skies

Quote from: Codexa on April 22, 2016, 09:21:56 AM
Good to see you Untamed! Your faces are reserved!

Hope you feel better soon!!

Thank you very much!

So I am going to proceed forward and make a pure-blood family for Salem.

Is there an area where the current American families are?

OR is there anyone else making a pure-blood family interested in linking into my Leventus Family?

Codexa

Quote from: Untamed Skies on April 23, 2016, 08:59:48 AM
Thank you very much!

So I am going to proceed forward and make a pure-blood family for Salem.

Is there an area where the current American families are?

OR is there anyone else making a pure-blood family interested in linking into my Leventus Family?

There are a couple pureblood lines being made / have recently been made :D

An area? Like a certain part of the US? Not really, your characters can come from any state.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

MistressofPen

Quote from: HannibalBarca on April 23, 2016, 02:13:10 AM
She better watch out for the Goblin King.

That would be quite the clash of universes.

Ludo may become her patronus, should the world's overlap....

LOL

Codexa

Codexa

Those of you with pure-bloods who've been accepted! Don't forget to get us your pure-blood family sheets (if you haven't already)

There is also now a pure-blood page in the information section thread! (link is on the front page as well)

Rebelle

CurvyKitten

I totally need to behave listening to music has made my muse think of another character LOL. DOWN MUSE...NO...I said NO!

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

GnothiSeauton

I just wanted to step in and formally rescind my face claim for the time being.

I apologize, and am truly appreciative of the patience as well as the effort and thought that went into the story and setting.  My little down time has just really bashed my muse to the point where I'm struggling to find the fire I had for the character that was in my mind.  I may give it ago at a later time, when I have the muse and proper character concept in mind, but right now, I've just got nothing in my head.

Thank you, and wish you guys nothing but the best of luck with this awesome story.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Rebelle

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on April 24, 2016, 01:59:01 PM
I just wanted to step in and formally rescind my face claim for the time being.

I apologize, and am truly appreciative of the patience as well as the effort and thought that went into the story and setting.  My little down time has just really bashed my muse to the point where I'm struggling to find the fire I had for the character that was in my mind.  I may give it ago at a later time, when I have the muse and proper character concept in mind, but right now, I've just got nothing in my head.

Thank you, and wish you guys nothing but the best of luck with this awesome story.

Feel free to come and see us in the OOC section and stick around!  And hope your muse starts kickstarting again.

Rebelle

Quote from: Praxis on April 20, 2016, 08:42:04 AM
Still trying to wrap my brain around Quodpot "visually".

Is it basically handball with an exploding ball?

Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENUIpiwU2aM

Also...how big is the explosion when the ball goes boom?  Does it only take out the person holding it?  Or is it a ten foot radius etc?

Seems pretty chaotic and random...which is fuckin' rad.

I think that is indeed what it is like... - This is RN's brain child so he'll be able to fill in more information (he's been in retail hell.)

Quote from: Crash on April 20, 2016, 09:37:31 AM
And it was noted the brooms were a part of this which seems to make it Quiddich with the goals on the ground. I would recommend dropping the brooms entirely and go with a cross between rugby and handball personally.

This is actually something that we are discussing, well he's throwing out ideas at us on it. 

So definitely a big thank you for the input!

SPEAKING OF INPUT

Is there ANYTHING anyone is really wanting to see in this game, that hasn't been mentioned - before we open the doors of the school year so to speak?

After all this our world all together.

Rebelle

And on the same note of input....

More for you.

Hey guys,

So we have been talking amongst ourselves about how exactly we're going to kick off this awesome adventure with you all and we've got two options.  Which is awesome, means that either way we're going to have a great story - but we're stuck on these two options and would love to give you guys, the players, a voice.

So option one is thus:

We begin our story at the docks, prior to getting onto the ferry and heading towards the island and to school.  This would allow students a chance to say goodbye to family, run into folks, look for folks, and typical going away hijinks.  The downside would be (and this is a worry) that it will bog down and perhaps get boring fast and the last thing we want to do is lose your attention.  The upside is that it would leave for some character growth and see how parents react etc etc. 

Example: Going to the train station to get onto the Hogwarts Express.

Option Two:

We begin our story actually on the ferry heading towards the island.  Interaction would be had by all and if someone really really really wanted to play the 'let's meet before we get to the school[/i] it's still doable.  Players would be able to summarize/write out the docks if they would like, saying goodbye to parents etc etc, as well as their post on the ferry in the same post.  The downside is the worry that it could be jarring to just start mid travel.  However, the upside is that we can move things along a little bit easily from there. 

Example: The story starts off on the train heading to Hogwarts

So what we would really like is to get input from you guys - because without you all.. well.. we wouldn't be doing this.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Praxis

Praxis

Quote from: Rebelle on April 24, 2016, 02:46:42 PM

SPEAKING OF INPUT

Is there ANYTHING anyone is really wanting to see in this game, that hasn't been mentioned - before we open the doors of the school year so to speak?

After all this our world all together.

*beams*

Nothing as yet from me but your desire to stay open to us is welcome and refreshing.

Clio

Signature by the amazing Amaris.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!