Welcome to The Salem Institute of Magic! - [ Recruiting!! Adults now Open!!][HP]

Started by Codexa, April 15, 2016, 10:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellific

Quote from: Ceralilly on May 11, 2016, 07:07:37 AM
Almost?

Haha we can publish it and send it to her from Christmas.

Signed XO Mellific, and Ceralilly's SEXY Dominant Rafiki23(take note for your next atrocity)

But hey. I can't talk too much shit. I appreciate all forms of literature, and at least she made it past her forums...I'd love that. ^_^

And despite all of the negatives, I also being involved in the lifestyle, enjoyed the first two books...for what they were. A quick, albeit poorly written read...that satisfied my curiosity about the desperate housewife mania associated with the fame of said series.

LOL. Thanks for signing on behalf of me, Cera!

But yeah, I had to read it to figure out what the fuss was about. Everyone around me was talking about it and I was like 'Alright, fine.' -Insert eye roll here.-

Quote from: Caela on May 11, 2016, 07:40:11 AM
I think my favorite thing that I ever saw about those books was a meme that went around my fb page for awhile that showed a picture of a nasty rundown, rusted out, really sketchy looking trailer and was tagged something like, "If Dorian Grey hadn't been a billionaire, 50 Shades would have been a Criminal Minds episode".

I admit I haven't read them, but the excerpts I've seen from them make me think that's not an entirely inaccurate supposition. I feel badly for the bored housewives, or experiemental students, who get ideas from poorly written crap like this and get hurt because they don't know any better.

I'll stick to my Dominant/Top types I have as friends and who know how to respect the boundaries of consent.

I think you mean Christian Gray xDDD We won't mention the name Dorian! >.<

But yes, absolutely true! It would've been a Criminal Minds episode. Well, if he killed her at the end, specifically. But, still. It would've at the very least been a case for abuse. I know what you mean, I feel badly for them too. We can only hope that they discover that it's fiction because it was poorly described and not an accurate representation of the lifestyle.

O/O | A/A | MM

Caela

Quote from: Mellific on May 11, 2016, 07:53:09 AM
LOL. Thanks for signing on behalf of me, Cera!

But yeah, I had to read it to figure out what the fuss was about. Everyone around me was talking about it and I was like 'Alright, fine.' -Insert eye roll here.-

I think you mean Christian Gray xDDD We won't mention the name Dorian! >.<

But yes, absolutely true! It would've been a Criminal Minds episode. Well, if he killed her at the end, specifically. But, still. It would've at the very least been a case for abuse. I know what you mean, I feel badly for them too. We can only hope that they discover that it's fiction because it was poorly described and not an accurate representation of the lifestyle.

Ack! Yes I meant Christian!!! See my brain even tries to protect me by inserting better literary material instead of focusing on this book! lol

Unfortunately, I think fair number will be hurt and turned off from exploring and learning in a safe way, possibly forever and they'll miss out on how rewarding and gratifying learning about that part of themselves could have been. Some will, luckily, find their local communities and be able to learn and grow in a safe and supportive manner if they have a good community. Personally, I'm glad I found my local community long before these books ever existed and had the experience to know that what people were talking about wasn't a good representation of the life that the people I knew and cared about were living.

Praxis

Quote from: Mellific on May 11, 2016, 07:53:09 AM

It's a goddamn tragedy how she depicted dominant/submissive interaction.

Codexa

*Wakes up.... finds everyone talking about THAT book*

*Slips out*

Ceralilly

Quote from: Codexa on May 11, 2016, 09:20:06 AM
*Wakes up.... finds everyone talking about THAT book*

*Slips out*
Sorry love..
Lol

Just trying ro be nuetral...but clearly I am outvoted on the fact that a book burning is in order.

Azazel wants in.
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Codexa

Quote from: Ceralilly on May 11, 2016, 09:50:58 AM
Sorry love..
Lol

Just trying ro be nuetral...but clearly I am outvoted on the fact that a book burning is in order.

Azazel wants in.

Peyton wants to light the first match.

:P

Caela

Quote from: Codexa on May 11, 2016, 09:54:58 AM

Peyton wants to light the first match.

:P

Kleo and Siobhan would happily provide the accelerant!

Ceralilly

I read Peytons CS btw...AGAIN. Codexa...my muse is in LOVE.

SHE IS PERFECT.
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Ceralilly

Quote from: Praxis on April 29, 2016, 12:51:00 PM
Sometimes it helps me when I'm trying to generate a character...(and I'm rubbish at it)

* think about the end product.  What do I want the character to progress towards?  What do I want them to be and how do I want them to behave but not necessarily be like that right away?

* think about some of the scenes you are hoping to write and what kind of character you could write within that scene that you would enjoy.

Also...don't worry about fleshing it all out all at once.  I need to get three or four completed scenes done with my characters before I start to get an understanding of who they are and what they're about.

Also...don't look at everyone else's sheets. (in possibly only my opinion) For me...I find it fairly intimidating and I marvel at how fleshed out and complete their characters already seem to be.

I wanted to reshare this gem. Thanks to Praxis. It is so much wisdom..I had to.

*Back to faceclaim hunting*

Mellific

Quote from: Ceralilly on May 11, 2016, 12:13:36 PM
I wanted to reshare this gem. Thanks to Praxis. It is so much wisdom..I had to.

*Back to faceclaim hunting*

Praxis is full of gems. :-)

O/O | A/A | MM

Praxis

Mellific

O/O | A/A | MM

Life in Color

Ceralilly

Codexa

*Needs to update trackers... and add a third section*

O.O

Ceralilly

Quote from: Codexa on May 11, 2016, 12:51:07 PM
*Needs to update trackers... and add a third section*

O.O

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=249104.0

I was thinking of each person opening their own FC section in the FC thread like the Character Tracker thread, and then putting a note for updates (OOC or Interest) so I can update? What say you? *Giggles*

Life in Color

Ceralilly

Quote from: Life in Color on May 11, 2016, 04:47:05 PM
Sent my sheet in.

*paces anxiously*

Good luck darling! It will be quick and painless. Xoxox
Thryare super amazing with character sheets!

RegretNot

Life in Color

Ceralilly

Quote from: Life in Color on May 11, 2016, 05:59:10 PM
This, right here, is my kind of party.

We should get along juuuust fine...haha! Also WELCOME AND CONGRATS AND YAAAAAY!

Caela

Quote from: Life in Color on May 11, 2016, 05:59:10 PM
This, right here, is my kind of party.

I'd rather hear other things snapping, but it's not a bad start.  >:)

Codexa

We updated the Club Rosters in the INFO thread! as well as some other bits of information here and there. :D

MistressofPen

Quote from: RegretNot on May 11, 2016, 05:57:09 PM
I'll be the judge of that.  *snaps latex glove*

Geeze. :o  Sir, you scare the hell out of me in just six syllables.  (plus the glove snap)

Ceralilly

Can you ALL please look over the faceclaims, and make sure that they are correct? Eventually the GM's are going to put a spot in the CS so we can see who the active claims are and who they are playing, but until then, I would LOVE it if you guys sent me a PM with your active claims AND any that you want to keep for future use that are NOT properly labeled in The Faceclaim Thread. Also if they are missing or in the wrong spot. :-) Lastly, when issuing a faceclaim (in the interest thread or OOC), would you mind using the following code:

[b][color=green]MALE Celebrity Name[/color][/b] reserved for [i]Player[/i]
MALE Celebrity Name[/b] reserved for Player

[b][color=purple]FEMALE Celebrity Name[/color][/b] reserved for [i]Player[/i]
FEMALE Celebrity Name reserved for Player

AND When you claim someone, if you could double that claim with [ code ][ /code ] around it to make my job just a little easier (if you don't I promise I won't beat you. Hehehe)

Example:
Bellatrix Lestrange reserved for Ceralilly
[b][color=purple]Bellatrix Lestrange[/color][/b] reserved for [i]Ceralilly[/i]

Pretty Please with sugar on top??? xoxo

<3 <3Cera