Welcome to The Salem Institute of Magic! - [ Recruiting!! Adults now Open!!][HP]

Started by Codexa, April 15, 2016, 10:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebelle

Alissa White Gluz reserved for Rebelle

[b][color=purple]Alissa White Gluz[/color][/b] reserved for [i]Rebelle[/i]

Ceralilly

Ryan Newman reserved for Ceralilly
[b][color=purple]Ryan Newman[/color][/b] reserved for [i]Ceralilly[/i]

I know I have two more FC's...but I needs her.
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

RegretNot

I felt left out... 

Jack Falahee reserved for RegretNot

Ceralilly

Quote from: RegretNot on May 10, 2016, 08:37:59 PM
I felt left out... 

Jack Falahee reserved for RegretNot

*Swoons*

Oh the trouble I will get into when we get released for 4th...5th..10th characters....*giggles*
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Life in Color

I feel reallllllllllllllllly lame only working on one character sheet, rofl.

<3

Caela

Quote from: Life in Color on May 10, 2016, 09:04:59 PM

<3

lol...NEVER...not everyone wants, or enjoys, writing their own little army!

Mellific

LOL I am just stuck here wondering what Raf is planning to do with that Jamie Dornan FC!

O/O | A/A | MM

Ceralilly

<3

Never feel that way!!! EVER EVER. Your brain baby is JUST as special as any of anyone else's...AND YOU are JUST as amazing as a writer that can (or rather WANTS to) juggle 80 characters.

Psssh

Quote from: Mellific on May 10, 2016, 09:25:32 PM

LOL I am just stuck here wondering what Raf is planning to do with that Jamie Dornan FC!

Also:

FACT.

Rafiki23

Quote from: Mellific on May 10, 2016, 09:25:32 PM

Oh sweetheart I'm gonna show you what he should have done ;p

I Know the Dark Delight of Being Strange, the Penalty of Difference in the Crowd, the Loneliness of Wisdom Among Fools

Ceralilly

Quote from: Rafiki23 on May 10, 2016, 11:10:03 PM

Ironically, Mel is probably the only other writer prepared for this.....LMAO

Ahhh memories...*giggles* AND YAAAAY FOR NEW ONES!

Rafiki23

Quote from: Ceralilly on May 10, 2016, 11:11:39 PM

Fact.

I Know the Dark Delight of Being Strange, the Penalty of Difference in the Crowd, the Loneliness of Wisdom Among Fools

MistressofPen

<3

I feel the same.  I want to do more, but I do not trust the brain not to totally screw things up.  One for now is what I'm capable of.  I just hope I can cause enough chaos with only one...

Rafiki23

Quote from: MistressofPen on May 10, 2016, 11:34:59 PM
I feel the same.  I want to do more, but I do not trust the brain not to totally screw things up.  One for now is what I'm capable of.  I just hope I can cause enough chaos with only one...

From what I've seen everyone of you is an amazing writer. No BS, you could all do multiple characters with ease. But really what it boils down to is how comfortable you are with taking on those personalities. There is not a damn thing wrong with doing just one character and I still look forward to reading everyone's posts haha.

Caela

That depends on what someone thinks he should have done.... >:)

Ceralilly

Quote from: Caela on May 11, 2016, 12:22:47 AM
That depends on what someone thinks he should have done.... >:)
Touché my friend...hehe

Caela

Quote from: Ceralilly on May 11, 2016, 12:58:36 AM
Touché my friend...hehe

Of course I refuse to read those dispicable books or watch that poor excuse for a movie so I don't actually know what he did do. I can find much better S&M erotica than those when it's what I'm in the mood to read...though honestly I'd rather skip the erotica and just spend time with a particular friend or two when the mood is on me for certain types of play. lol

Ceralilly

Quote from: Caela on May 11, 2016, 01:09:09 AM
Of course I refuse to read those dispicable books or watch that poor excuse for a movie so I don't actually know what he did do. I can find much better S&M erotica than those when it's what I'm in the mood to read...though honestly I'd rather skip the erotica and just spend time with a particular friend or two when the mood is on me for certain types of play. lol

He never read them. I did...but only to appreciate the literature from one writer to another. He was like..."What do you think of this guy? He plade the huntsman in Once Apon A Time..." I was like...yeah he's hot. Haha

It wasn't until later that he was l like...oh!

Caela

lol...I couldn't read them. I got a sample chapter on Amazon and less than two pages in I was done. My brain just hurt too much.  I didn't expect much from a story that started life as Twilight fan fiction (they didn't have a lot to work with there IMO) but they were even worse than I expected! I will admit though...I'm a book snob. I read too much good - great writing just on here to be willing to pay for bad writing elsewhere lol.

I forgot he was the Huntsman! He was HOT in that part!!

Ceralilly

Quote from: Caela on May 11, 2016, 06:35:21 AM

I forgot he was the Huntsman! He was HOT in that part!!

Agreed. :-)

I read Siohbans post. Great work! I hope she doesn't fly off her broom!

Caela

Quote from: Ceralilly on May 11, 2016, 06:43:10 AM
Agreed. :-)

I read Siohbans post. Great work! I hope she doesn't fly off her broom!

lol...Nooooo, no falling off the broom! She landed on the roof of the ferry and tossed up a quick shield, but how it goes from there is anyone's guess lol! Will depend on how many of her Squad actually come help and what the GMs throw at them!  >:)

Mellific

Quote from: Rafiki23 on May 10, 2016, 11:10:03 PM

xDDD

Hmm, that almost sounds like a challenge! Mwahaha.  >:)

I'm looking forward to it! Maybe we can then send it off to E.L. James to show her how a BDSM romance novel should have looked. ;)

O/O | A/A | MM

Caela

Quote from: Mellific on May 11, 2016, 06:54:13 AM
xDDD

I'm looking forward to it! Maybe we can then send it off to E.L. James to show her how a BDSM romance novel should have looked. ;)

Nooooooo....just make sure all of us here know where to find it!!! Sending it to her would probably be a waste of time considering she fully admitted she didn't bother to do any appropriate research, didn't talk to anyone in her local BDSM community and actually has no interested (clearly) in BDSM herself. Just let those of us that would actually appreciate it know where to find it!!  ;D

Ceralilly

Quote from: Mellific on May 11, 2016, 06:54:13 AM
xDDD

Almost?

Haha we can publish it and send it to her from Christmas.

Signed XO Mellific, and Ceralilly's SEXY Dominant Rafiki23(take note for your next atrocity)

But hey. I can't talk too much shit. I appreciate all forms of literature, and at least she made it past her forums...I'd love that. ^_^

And despite all of the negatives, I also being involved in the lifestyle, enjoyed the first two books...for what they were. A quick, albeit poorly written read...that satisfied my curiosity about the desperate housewife mania associated with the fame of said series.

Mellific

Quote from: Caela on May 11, 2016, 06:59:07 AM
Nooooooo....just make sure all of us here know where to find it!!! Sending it to her would probably be a waste of time considering she fully admitted she didn't bother to do any appropriate research, didn't talk to anyone in her local BDSM community and actually has no interested (clearly) in BDSM herself. Just let those of us that would actually appreciate it know where to find it!!  ;D

LOL. Yeah, you're right about that. I heard the only experimentation she did was a google search to see what first popped up, and then convinced her husband to branch out from vanilla sex, to something... else. xD

But yes, her book (I only managed to get through one, and that took a great deal of effort) was a poor excuse for one, and the movie was extremely cringe-worthy. I feel like the whole story is supposed to appeal to women who never knew and never will know what BDSM is, and it just creates a poorly written visualization for them to fantasize about. Which is truly unfortunate because the boundaries of abuse were crossed in a way they never should be, and that relationship was far more power hungry just for the sake of power, than it should've been. Even the news media outlets that reported reviews on the movie afterward (with probably no knowledge of BDSM lifestyles) knew to report that the examples of 'love' and 'lust' in the film/book were not appropriate or accurate.

O/O | A/A | MM

Caela

Quote from: Mellific on May 11, 2016, 07:12:37 AM
LOL. Yeah, you're right about that. I heard the only experimentation she did was a google search to see what first popped up, and then convinced her husband to branch out from vanilla sex, to something... else. xD

But yes, her book (I only managed to get through one, and that took a great deal of effort) was a poor excuse for one, and the movie was extremely cringe-worthy. I feel like the whole story is supposed to appeal to women who never knew and never will know what BDSM is, and it just creates a poorly written visualization for them to fantasize about. Which is truly unfortunate because the boundaries of abuse were crossed in a way they never should be, and that relationship was far more power hungry just for the sake of power, than it should've been. Even the news media outlets that reported reviews on the movie afterward (with probably no knowledge of BDSM lifestyles) knew to report that the examples of 'love' and 'lust' in the film/book were not appropriate or accurate.

I think my favorite thing that I ever saw about those books was a meme that went around my fb page for awhile that showed a picture of a nasty rundown, rusted out, really sketchy looking trailer and was tagged something like, "If Dorian Grey hadn't been a billionaire, 50 Shades would have been a Criminal Minds episode".

I admit I haven't read them, but the excerpts I've seen from them make me think that's not an entirely inaccurate supposition. I feel badly for the bored housewives, or experiemental students, who get ideas from poorly written crap like this and get hurt because they don't know any better.

I'll stick to my Dominant/Top types I have as friends and who know how to respect the boundaries of consent.