Wizard of Oz with a Dark Twist [Accepting Players!]

Started by Dark Deception, July 23, 2010, 06:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CassieBear

Still trying to talk with Luphawk about linking backstory and whatnot. But I am working on everything else right now.
Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!
Random PMs always welcome.
Roleplays:Not actively seeking.
Posting Frequency: Up to a Month
Replies Owed: 1 of 4

Dark Deception

We got a good start on profiles. I'm not sure everyone who posted a profile in the past is interested in this or even alive lol.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Dark Deception

If we get Dorothy, Toto, and Alice profiles up, then we can go ahead and begin. Other players can join up either now or as the RP progresses. I can fill you guys in on a starter storyline to follow if you want. You don't have to follow it exactly but it was just a guide. Also, if the Cheshire Cat is still around or someone who sees this wishes to play him, I think the cat would make a good partner for Alice.

But here's an idea and the two players, playing Dorothy and Alice are free to comment.

Alice, Dorothy, and their companions meet each other when one is being chased by flying monkeys and the other, the Red Queen's evil card soldiers. The two dark heroines could then team up and fight off the monkeys and cards together. Short and sweet, yes? Once that altercation and meeting is settled, they can then set out on their next destination on the map.

CassieBear

That starting sounds good to me. Not sure about every one else, but I like it for sure.
Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!

Dark Deception

If anyone ever needs to find the link to the character thread, I put it on the front page so it can't be lost in this OOC. So if you still have a character that you plan to add to this RP, then go to the front page (of the character thread) and read up about it. I also wrote the names of some characters that are open to be played so that you have some ideas. If you need assistance or an idea of how you can make the character dark because I don't think we need a bunch of psychos running around and then the story line never going anywhere, feel free to ask me. I'll throw some ideas at you (gently).

bluemoon

I'll play Belle(Beauty) if someone will be my Beast
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Drift

actually in the original story Dorothy had more than just ruby slippers.  She also stole a magic hat that commanded the flying monkeys and one other thing too that I'm failing to remember.  Just a thought... flying monkeys could be damn wicked in some way... (though I think they will always make me laugh)

I've always been in love with the scarecrow :P so I don't want him to be a blow up doll or a zombie. :( *sniffles* but oh well.

I'm sort of interested in this.  Like maybe playing the eldest of the 12 dancing princesses as a Madame (her sisters work for her)... these girls were wearing out their knees, not their shoes...

But I think I might instead go with something out of the Snow Queen, one of my all time favorites.  I think the one I would want to play is Kay.  Kay was the boy who accidently got a piece of the wicked mirror in his eye and was later stolen by the Snow Queen.  I think I would change the story such that at the end of her quest, Gerda's act of selfless love when she sang to him the hymn:
"The rose in the valley is blooming so sweet,
And angels descend there the children to greet."
Instead of inspiring tears, drove Kay to madness (because the glass in his eye had so warped his perceptions) such that he killed her with one of the shards of ice that was meant to spell the word that would grant him freedom.  Because her warmth had melted the ice around his heart the bloody act left him scarred and tortured by the horrors he always saw around him.  He could not even find beauty in the ice of the Snow Queen's palace and only the Snow Queen could again freeze his heart to where he would no longer be in such terrible distress.

Gerda's intrusion forced him to start again solving the puzzle the Snow Queen had set before him which he still struggles over to this day, though he sometimes forgets why he is trying.

So anyway, that's my idea... I figure I could play either Kay or the Snow Queen, or maybe both.

Dark Deception

And what do they have to do with the Oz plot? How is that storyline in any relation as to why they would even be going against The Red Queen, Oz, and The Wicked Witch of the West? It sounded like you just presented a short story or solo one on one or something.

Drift

I'm sorry it was a character concept... I thought you were allowing characters from any of the fairy tales.  You have a Big bad wolf and a red riding hood and the little match girl.  Maybe I haven't fully figured out where the character fits in the grand plot yet but it was hardly fair to trounce on me for that.  The Snow Queen could easily be opposed to one of the queens and witches that you are placing everyone in opposition to.  She was always a figure of winter and not necessarily good or evil.  (She wasn't responsible for putting the mirror in Kay's eye, but she did kidnap him).  She might even be viewed as benevolent since she froze Kay's heart so that he would not suffer.

Forgive me for expressing an interest.  I'll leave this thread alone from here on out.  All I did was present a fairy tale character that was 'messed up' and I assumed (apparently wrongly) that people might consider discussing the idea within the context of everything else.

Again, I apologize for my error since apparently my ideas are unwelcome.  Good luck with your RP.

Dark Deception

Forgiven and goodbye.

For any future ideas, if anyone ever reads this thread, be sure to read the character thread link and when you think of a character, try to think how he or she can be incorporated into the current plot. Saying a short story explanation doesn't really do that. It'll make integrating your characters into the story line a lot easier and also, your character if he or she has a partner, you can come up with as I said some situations with one of the enemies and say where they are in fairy tale land. You can make the location or region up so that so far I think Dorothy can find you since I'm not seeing Alice's player active.

Dark Deception

Well, we have the main cast. This RP was always difficult to recruit for. I don't know why, but yes, so far we need a Beast for Belle, Little Red Riding Hood, and possibly a Cheshire Cat or Mad Hatter for Alice. Whoever wishes to play so. Other people can join on other characters but those are the ones I put out there in dire need. I think I have a Red Riding Hood, but I don't know of her whereabouts yet.

Oh yeah, what of Toto's whereabouts because he seems rather on and off as well o_o

CassieBear

Luphawk and I have been in contact and have thrown together a backstory that intertwines. I have just been really busy to update my own. Real life has taken a toll on me as well with working and babysitting. Within the next couple days it will be updated since I will have nothing to do. Not next weekend (well, next weekend Saturday) but the weekend after that, I won't be on that much because my boyfriend is coming down from college and the fair is that weekend so I'll be busy with that and working.
Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!

Dark Deception

I updated the front page of the Character Thread now that we got some new characters. We're still looking for interested people, so if you're interested please join only if you have time to RP. If you don't have time for RP, then don't waste my time. I wouldn't want you in this RP because IRL comes first.