Hunting the cat.

Started by Chrystal, June 30, 2010, 04:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markjohn510

As Justin wakes,just in time,he realizes he does not have much time,quickly getting dressed and taking the doll in his pocket,Justin leaves for the docks,where he finds Igor patiently waiting,as usual with his fleet of guards. Justin approached calmly and asked Igor if he had brought the money,Igor showed a line of briefcases all which the guards opened to show they were full of money,he asked them to be dumped in the river,Igor seemed confused but obeyed,little did he know justin asked for water proof briefcases for a reason,they brief cases were thrown in but Justin already had a  net in place which wold allow him to collect the money later,this was just a twisted joke that amused him,he enjoyed being able to throw away huge sums of money. As e handed Igor the doll,Igor smirked,this was too easy,Justin was the victim. his guards showed Justin the real briefcases,which they had switched,Justin remained calm,but his mind went blank,nice doing business with you,Igor smirked as his guards tightened a mask around Justin's head and threw him into the river.He gagged and eventually died,but he also had one last trick up his sleeve,as he was being tied up,he threw his lighter at the barrels of gunpowder around the docks,as soon as he died,the docks burst into flames,killing Igor and his guards,but the doll lie there,in the middle of all the blood and guts,scratch less,peaceful.

((OOC:I got rejected,sorry to have entered your roleplay without prior permission,enjoy))

Chrystal

((OOC: Aww. Sorry to hear that, MJ. I hope it wasn't because you jumped in here, because quite honestly your character was a good one and added something (saved me making a NPC for the fence!), and I do recall Aviva pointing you to the thread, which IMHO was an invite to have a read with a view to joining at the very least! I'll miss you!))

Kathy sat down in one of the arm chairs. This, of course, was the tricky part. She had done her homework before leaving the library earlier, but the last thing she wanted was to leave the door open to an awkward question that she did not know the answer too. "Oh, um, well, not that well... We've met once or twice on the social circuit. My mother was a good friend of her mother, before she passed on. Look, what is this all about? Who are you?" Kathy started to rise from the chair again.

This is such fun! She thought. This is why I do what I do.

((OOC: Viv, honey, I think you've missed one very important question that someone should have asked by now...))

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Aviva

((Even though you have been rejected you can still if you wish continue to role play in the non adult threads and extremely sorry if that is the reason you got put on hold.))

((OOC: Perhaps I have or perhaps planning to see what Miss Kathy does.))

*Edmund nodded his head slightly though he glanced ever so briefly over his shoulder to Annabelle her fingers rising and falling in a light tapping notion as if to indicate him to push ahead. With a nod barely perceptable he turned his gaze back to the female.*

"And who exactly would Sarah be? "

*The man asked as a eyebrow rose. Annabelle turned and moved to the remaining constables to have any other doors covered for the first time they seemed to obey her without question as Annabelle herself moved into the room sliding in discreetly between the door way and Edmund herself.*

"Annabelle watched the female closely as she waited the answer tot he question. Then as she moved tot he chair placing a hand on the womans shoulder gently she finally spoke up.*

"And who would you be?"

*She could not help but feel some odd sense of recognition of the female now she was up close though currently she could not place where.*
Back from a very long break.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

Chrystal

The first question from Worthington actually genuinely confused Kathy and she allowed her confusion to show. "Who...? Lady Sarah Mitchell, the lady of the house of course... Surely you know that..." Why on earth would he ask that. Surely he knew, and why would he suspect that she didn't?

The hand on her shoulder made her look up. That pretty face, concealed behind those thick glasses. there was recognition in those eyes. More than just that of knowing a kindred spirit - but surely that as well, Kathy felt. "Me? I'm... hold on, you still haven't told me who you are, and I believe I have a right to know! I mean, you could be anyone!"

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

markjohn510

((OOC: Don't really know the reason,but 'm trying to find out,thanks chrystal,I would love to do a non-adult role-play with you if you like))

Aviva

*Annabelle's gaze turned to Edmund a moment as her hand gently squeezed the shoulder, the touch seemingly meant to calm and soothe her.*

"The owner of this property was not owned by a Sarah Mitchel nor has it been for many a year."

*Annabelle squeezed the shoulder a little more firmly as she added a little of her weight to the grip, though it was not obvious it was a silent hint for the woman to remain in her current place.*

"This is Detective Edmund Worthington Miss and I am Annabelle Jones. Now rather than avoid answering the question on who you are you may find it best to answer us...now."

On and Offs

Story Ideas

Chrystal

Kathy looked up again. "I didn't say it was. I said she is the lady of the house, which she is." She shrugged. "Pleasure to meet you I'm sure..." The sarcasm in her voice was biting!

The pressure on her shoulder was just a little unnerving. Kathy was sure she could break the grip if need be, but that would involve explanations. Besides, she rather enjoyed the feel of the woman's fingers on her shoulder. "I'm Miss Katharine Lake of the Bedfordshire Lakes. My mother, God rest her soul, was Lady Georgina Lake. My father is Ambassador Lake. He is currently serving overseas as Ambassador to the Royal Court of Norway."

Which, Kathy thought, was another reason why she did what she did. Boredom and loneliness, coupled with total frustration at the system that refused to let her or women like her be who they really were.

"Now will you please tell me what the devil is going on?"

Aviva

It is quite apparent you are not the owner of the house..but nor has there been a Lady Sarah for quite some time. The owner of this house was a Sandra Mitchel Miss Lake.

*Edmund stated, exaggerating some what on the word was. Trying to draw it out slightly in hopes Kathy would pick up his meaning without him having to be blunt with her.* 

*At the mention of Kathy's name, her grip loosens slightly the name was familiar though the face not quite. It took a few moments before she remembered the woman as a young teenager. The teenager then had been angry a lot of the time and one that was open about her feelings of womens terrible treatment. Not that Annabelle had ever been able to confirm her feelings then or even now.  She openly stared at Kathy surprised by how much she had grown up since she had left the school. She hoped the disguise she wore as a female would keep her from remembering who she was. For this would possibly get her dropped from the case and left for Edmund to run. Her face paling at the thought.*

On and Offs

Story Ideas

Chrystal

Chrystal

((okay, I'm going to try and repair the context without enormous amounts of editing posts.))

Kathy was stumped. "That's what I said wasn't it? Lady Sandra Mitchell?" She thoght back over the last few minutes and actuallay burst out in genuine laughter. "Oh Oh goodness. I didn't did I? I said Sarah? Why on earth...?" She honestly didn't know why she had said Sarah. Then it came to her. "Of course... Sarah Mitchell was an old acquaintance of Papa's from back when he was working in Whitehall... She died quite suddenly a few weeks ago - horse riding accident I understand. I remember reading about it in the paper. I probably got all confused, what with seeing the police outside."

That cleared up in her own mind, she glanced up at Annabelle again. "Why my dear, you've gone quite pale. What is the matter? Perhaps you should sit down?" She made as if to get up and give her seat to the Peeler's assistant.

Aviva

*A  few moments passed before Annabelle managed to pull herself together. Her head shaking slightly though a little too roughly causing her hat to almost tumble while her auburn plait fell down reaching passed her back, the tips of her hair just brushing against the curve of her skirt.. As she felt Kathy move her grip tightened on her shoulder while her weight increased. Her finger tips pressing the hardest against her shoulder though not hard enough to truly cause pain she felt slight concern she may end up leaving marks.*

"I am fine. Sorry just a slight dizzy spell."

*She nodded once more as she re-listened to Kathy statement through her mind. She tried to remember the last few weeks of news releases and a vague memory of Sarah's death did spring to mind though the true details currently eluded her. Her gaze turned to Edmund to nod her head slightly this time far mor relaxed as she regained her briefly lost composure.*

"Can you tell me , my dear girl was there any specific reason for why you were meeting her?"

On and Offs

Story Ideas

Chrystal

Kathy winced slightly at the fingers gripping her shoulder and moved a hand to cover Annabelle's. Her grip gently loosened the fingers. She listened to the Detective's question, and shrugged. "Why yes, I was to come over this afternoon for croquet... Now where did I put... Ah, here... no..." She rummaged through her purse taking care that the Peelers didn't see the small derringer she carried. She had forgotten it was there. The American firearm was a perfect lady's weapon, but its presence in her purse would give rise to unwanted questions at this time.

She gave up and snapped the purse closed. "I'm sorry officer, I don't seem to have my invitation. I probably assumed that as it was just the two of us and she was expecting me, that I did not need it." She sighed in exasperation. "Look, am I being investigated for some crime? Because if so I think I should contact my solicitor. If not, then I think you ought to get your girl to remove her hand from my shoulder and tell me what you have done with Lady Sandra!"

Aviva

*Annabelle felt unease curl up in her stomach, the feeling of a dozen snakes swirling about as they tangled around each other though her grip loosened as soon as she felt Kathy's touch. Her medium frame moving a few inches away to give her personal space. The story seemed sound though something, or many things did not just settle right. Her instincts telling her there was more and she was missing something.*

"We have done nothing with your friend though I am afraid to say she is no longer here. I am surprised you did not hear before your arrival. I am sorry to say your friend was killed last night we suspect while she was being burgled."

*Edmund responded to her questions and retort seemingly respectful of the death now while he watched her closely. Annabelle had turned to watch Kathy's face extremely closely from behind her glasses as she remembered the Kathy she had taught as a teenager. The way she was and the way she was now did not quite seem to fit comfortably in her mind.*

On and Offs

Story Ideas

Chrystal

Kathy was waiting for this. Oh my god, they are going to hang me by the neck until I'm dead! She said, in the privicy of her own thoughts. What have I done! She felt the colour drain from her face at the thought. She imagined her own corpse, bloated and decaying, dangling from a gibbet and the bile rose in her belly.

She suppressed the nasty little thought about it being a neat trick, because to allow it would break the feeling of nausea and shock she was cultivating. "K... Killed? How..? I ... I mean, why? Oh, poor Landy Sandra... Oh my, I swear I feel quite..." Actually, the mental image of crows pecking out her own eyeballs had been just a little too much and she gulped, swallowing back her nausea. "Oh dear!" She managed to mumble.

Aviva

*Annabelle watched as the colour drained from Kathy's face and seemingly even her neck. Was that a touch of green she saw? *

"I think it would be best if you did not know the finer details. "

*Edmund spoke loudly enough to be heard by any near by but for a brief time showed some either consideration for anothers feelings or perhaps he just did not want to go over the details himself again.*

"Do you need a drink of water? Or perhaps some fresh air?"

*Annabelle asked from her part of the room. Her voice quieter than before as she watched the effect of Edmund's news.It was at this point a constable delivered a few slips of papers to Edmund. Passing them over silently before leaving the room again. As Edmund glanced through them Annabelle fought the urge to walk to stand behind him and look over his shoulder to see them. He would show them to her later no doubt. Once it was more certain no one would be able to guess at what was truly going on.*

On and Offs

Story Ideas

Chrystal

Kathy looked up at the concern in Annabelle's voice. "I ... um... Something a little stronger, perhaps?" She nodded to wards a side table where a decanter of brandy stood, along with a couple of balloon glasses.

She had noticed the strange looks passing between the detective and his assistant, and was pleased that her theory had been confirmed. The bumbling fool she had encountered three years ago had been transformed into a brilliant detective by the work of his assistant. She stood carefully and walked with a deliberate wobble over to the brandy, helping herself to a generous portion. She wondered if there might be a way to seduce the lady assistant away from the detective.

"Miss? Oh miss, would you come over here please?" She asked.

Aviva

*Before Annabelle could prevent Kathy from getting a drink she had moved to the drinks cabinet and began pouring, with her wobble and the still  ill look touching her face she moved across the room rapidly. Scared the woman would suddenly fall from a faint or worse be ill from drinking while not feeling well. She stood next to Kathy and attempted to grasp the drink while at the same time Kathy's upper arm to prevent her from toppling over.*

"Are you alright Miss Kathy?"

*Her tone turning gentle and caring.*

On and Offs

Story Ideas

Chrystal

Kathy leaned heavily on Annabelle's arm. she smiled. "Thank you dear". She threw back most of the brandy and coughed. "Oooh That is better. Medicinal purposes, you understand?"

Annabelle's concern seemed genuine and Kathy decided to strike. With words, of course. "Miss Annabelle," She murmured softly so no one else could hear. "Doesn't it bother you that he takes all the credit for your work?"

Before the woman could reply she sipped her brandy again and launched into another coughing fit. "Oh dear, I fear I shall have to sit again." She said more loudly, and staggered back to the chair.

Aviva

Annabelle stared at Kathy's hand as it rested on her. A burning sensation flaring along her skin worrying that suddenly Kathy would point her out for their previous knowledge of each other, once Kathy speaks Annabelle sighs with relief. Her pale face gaining some colour at last as she turns to watch Kathy return to the chair.

"I hope the medicine helped you greatly."

She barely kept her slightly flaring temper in check with Kathy's successful hit to a ever growing sore spot. Her eyes narrowing to thin slits then widening as she took a deep breath and turned to face Edmund a faint smile touching her lips.

"I would like to take your address details please Miss Lake, should we need to contact you for future more official discussions."

Edmund spoke as everyone appeared to settle down. He may not be a fine detective but he knew the situation was starting to spiral out of control and the women seemed to be running the show.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

Chrystal

Kathy nodded. "Of course." She fished in her purse again. "My card, sir?" She handed the card to Annabelle. "And may I have yours, should I need to contact you for any reason?" She shuddered. "My but this is a grisly business is it not? She was killed during a robbery did you say? Was anything taken?" She shrugged and added by way of explanation, "I have contacts in the world of insurance. It could be that someone, somewhere may attempt to sell an item and a valuation may be asked for. I may be able to assist you in your case, Miss Annabelle, Mister Worthington."

She deliberately named the assistant first, to see if it produced a reaction.

woegman

((Lol, I am so totally behind - ladies, if you wish, I will bow out completely - sorry my vacation and brief illness brought me so far out of the loop.  Let me know if you wish me to continue - if not, I will simply read and follow along! :) ))

Aviva

((Please continue on by me. I jsut hope Edmund has been acceptably played. Sorry you have been ill.))

On and Offs

Story Ideas

woegman

"Yes, uh, thank you," Edmund responded, taking the woman's card and sliding into the pocket of his vest.  His face remained cheerful, if stern, and a brief smile crossed his lips as she continued talking, though the smile never touched his eyes.  In fact, his heart began to beat heavily, and it took all his effort to maintain his composure.

Edmund had never been a great detective - he knew that, even if all the world, save Annabelle, thought otherwise.  He simply had no mind for it - remembering facts, keeping track of clues, all that was rubbish, to him at least, and he never could get a grasp on it.  There was one thing, however, that he excelled at...and that was acting.  It was his one true passion, his one great calling.  For all his blustering and pretentiousness, for however worthless he may be at actually detecting anything, the one area that he could honestly take pride in was his ability to act, to fool, to deceive...and to pick up when someone else was doing the same.

He missed the fact that Miss Lake had addressed Annabelle first.  With a flourish, he stalked behind Miss Lake, and then placed his hands gently, reassuringly on her shoulders.

"I am sure that whatever information you have will prove quite useful," he said cheerfully, but his eyes lacked cheer as he locked gazes with Annabelle, his facial expressions, hidden from Miss Lake, conveying his doubt in this woman's story to the true detective.

Aviva

Annabelle slipped a card out of a small pocket along her skirt. The cards of course were not hers but Edmund's. She could not truly advertise herself as a assistant without the cards seemingly mocking her but she managed to bare being able to advertise him , purely because even though no one else knew it the cards did help her in the long run.

She had her own suspicions of Miss Kathy Lake, aided by the fact of her previous knowledge of the girl and she could not miss Edmund's brief facial showing of his doubts also but she also felt there was something bigger to this murder and robbery beyond money.

Holding out Edmund's card to Kathy as she accepted the one offered at the same time.

"If you do remember anything that may be of assistance do not hesitate to let us know. As for the insurance friend perhaps simply give us their details and we can take it from there." 

On and Offs

Story Ideas

Chrystal

Kathy shuddered as the detective put his hands on her shoulders. They were cold, through her thin if proper cotton blouse. She accepted the card in return and placed it in the front pocket of her purse. The detective behind her would surely see the derringer if she opened the main pouch now. She felt something change in the air, something intangible, as if a message had passed that she was unaware of. Something told her it was time to leave.

But there was something else... Something nagged at her. She stood and turned and in that one instant, Annabelle was silhouetted against the window at just the right angle. It clicked into place. Of course! "Well, I suppose I had best be going", She gasped out. "Of course, I won't tell anyone what happened here? I imagine you want to keep it under wraps for now? So you can persue your investigations in some decorum?" She couldn't resist rubbing the detectives' noses in the fact that the press already knew and soon there would be no way to trip a suspect by getting them to reveal knowledge of the crime.

"It was lovely to see you again, Miss Annabelle, mayhap we can meet up again in more pleasant circumstances and catch up on old times?" With that, she turned on her heel and headed for the door.