News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Printing problem with Firefox

Started by Oniya, March 09, 2013, 08:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Does anyone know why Firefox might suddenly start locking up when trying to print?  This is happening with Mr. Oniya's machine to such an extent that he has switched to Chrome until he can find a solution.

(While I would ordinarily not give a damn what browser someone uses, the simple fact is that I do not have the same familiarity with Chrome as I do with Firefox, and so when he asks me for tech support, it ends up with him getting frustrated because I don't have the answer off the top of my head.  In addition, I get frustrated because when I go over to look at the actual menus, he insists on showing me the thing that he's already tried several times and had not function, when I've told him time and again that re-doing the same steps and getting the same results is not productive after the third time.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Trieste

Is it just when he prints? Or is he doing something like trying to change the printer?

Is Firefox up to date? And the printer's drivers?

Is it a new printer? Or one that has worked for some time before this?

Has he tried resetting the printer through Firefox? (about:config in FF address bar -> print.printer -> select printer, preferences, reset, then restart FF) This is apparently something that isn't present in newer updates; you can see how long it's been since I've had to troubleshoot a printer. ::)
Has he tried uninstalling/reinstalling the printer on his computer?
System restore to a date before which this was happening?

Those are all things I would be looking at, and looking for.

Oniya

It's only when he tries to print, which is something he has been doing quite often for work.  Firefox is up-to-date, and the problem started about the same time that it updated.  Haven't checked the printer drivers, but that's something I can probably do while he's gone tomorrow.  The printer is the same one he's always had, and still works in every other application.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Dovel

Hello Oniya~

If you haven't fixed it yet here is some information I found on it.

Firefox freezes when printing

Printing webpages causes lockup

Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay