The Breath of Enoch (Sci-Fi/Fantasy Space Opera NC-Exotic)

Started by Elohim, January 04, 2009, 07:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elohim

It has been many years since humanity first entered the cold dark vastness that was outerspace. The trip to the moon was the first baby step into the unknown. Where earth’s children’s true destiny sat waiting for them in the place between the stars. For out there, it was the first time that these wandering children looked upon themselves and seen, just how small they wre when compared to the near infinite reach of outerspace. It was then, when they began to wonder why... And it was then that they started to search out other planets to terraform and populate. It was an ambitious goal, but, the goal of extending human kind’s grasp discovered something far greater

The Relics of Enoch

These relics as it were dated back to long before humanity had pulled itself from its bondage of primordial instincts. Yet, the term relic itself is a bit of a misrepresenation, though these objects are ancient, the level of technology that they possessed is like nothing that even the most brillant scientist would dream of creating. Yet, they exist none the less peppered on various planets throughout the far reaches of the ocean of stars. Foolish adventures have tried for years to gather these oddities together. Though, for a time they were useless until a brillant scientist unlocked their power, and perhaps sealed our doom

The man’s name has been lost in time, but, we know he was a genious and a madman who had created a group of children who possessed the capability to manipulate the intangible, it had been called many things over the years, magic, ether, psionics, or the supernormal, he designated it as possessing a hint of Enoch’s of Breath. These youngsters he theorized would hold the secret to activating the ancient relics, all tests showed the assumption to be true.

and it was....

No one knows for certain how but this nameless man, came into possession of a massive war machine of a relic, given the simple name Ul Bhaal. It was his goal to bring it to life, so, he gathered a large group of these special children together in a mockery of both ancient ritual and modern science, praying to not to any God, but to the power of humanity itself...

And the monster awoke.

Ul Bhaal came to life by feeding on the intangible spark of each one of those gathered children, and entered what can only be called an orgy of destruction that not only leveled a planet, but tore our dimensional doors wide open, allowing the others, into our universe.

What are the others you ask? Until you encounter one they cannot be defined. Yet, they are otherworldly creatures who, upon being released seems to have made it their goal to destroy humanity. Unfortunaly it seemed that humanity had no way to fight them.

Fortunaly they were wrong, some of those special children were off planet during the Hell of Ul Bhaal’s rage. These children grew old, bred, and spawned children of their own who, and so and so on, for generations occassionally these people would gain the capability to manipulate enoch’s breath. Unfortunatly, the artifacts themselves have been forgotten, stories of them lost because the attacks of the others were in the here and now. But, they remain... Out there, just waiting for the right hands to find them, and wield them against the forces that beseige humanity.

OOC:  In short, I am looking for a group of players ready to take on a Fantasy/Sci-Fi quest, most of the stories will revolve around the location of lost objects, battling it out with undefeniable cthonic entities.  They’re will be room for sexual encounters, and monster rape may occur depending on players taste.  Though, the story is set up to be more of an adventure then a sex romp.  I would like between 4-8 players to act as the crew of an small exploratory vessel.

Aether

May be interested in playing your Science officer  :)

Elohim

Awesome.

I may attempt to use a rather simple system in this game,  atleast for combat situations.

Mnemaxa

*Admits to more than passing curiosity.*

What sorts of crew are you needing? By which I mean, will it be a tight knit crew, or a slapdash group with a common goal and possible personality conflicts....

I have an idea, a character who keeps on failing to get enough of my attention due to game failure, who would probably be useful for once. :P

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Elohim

I do like the idea of a slapdas crew with a bit of an established history.   I really don't want to deal with the whole sort of hard to believe situation where a bunch of strangers suddenly decide to travel together after an incident or even worse after a night of drinking.

Apple of Eris

I like the sound of the game. I'm interested if you'll have me. I was thinking a kind of down on her luck pilot who was discharged from military service.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Elohim

Insanitosis

I am also quite interested. Perhaps a mercenary of sorts, or a lower officer who was kicked out of the military or deserted.
Edit: I may also play a monster
Inter dimensional baddies are my kind of thing
XD

Elohim

I hadn't even thought about opening up the game for monsterous character's it might be fun... and also make my life a little easier as the Story Teller.

Mnemaxa

How science fantasy is your space opera?  AI, low AI, no AI?  Weird tech we don't quite understand being the norm, or basic tech everyone knows about except for the Artefacts....

I'm interested in playing, but I want to make sure the character will work well. ^_^

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Elohim

Well,  the tech level I would say is admittedly standard Sci-Fi fair.  AI is possible but rare,  androids as such are a rarity.  There is a large market for cybernetics.  Do you have any specific questions?

Mnemaxa

Insanitosis

Well, of course, I can play a villain or monsters for you, though I will also play a human character on the sides.
As I said, Baddies are a specialty of mine

And how do you feel about Psionics?

Aether

Considering a slap dash crew, consider sceince officer as your sensor type o person.

Elohim

Psionics are doable in a way,  but I was planning on giving them a more mystic then scientific feel.  All character's will be capable of manipulating "Enoch's Breath" in a variety of different ways, outside the use of devices.  If you're interested in a more reality warping manifestation we could work something out.

WyldRanger

One question that I had after reading one of the responses. Is this going to be a system or freeform game? In other words, would I have to generate a character sheet type intro for this if I was to join up?

Mnemaxa

Okay, I'm in.  I have a character concept and will work on a descxriptive bit for her, eventually.

If someone is interested in playing an 'older sister' or 'guardian angel/demon' type female character for another female character, I may have a job for you.....  (Sexual scenarios are not initially part of the job, though!)

Insanitosis

That works, My primary character, Raven is a telekinetic, and a telepath (Optional), so we could work something out indeed.

Elohim

I'll happily accept TK but not TP,  I found it's not really all that conducive to games to have one character capable of reading other's thoughts.

Mnemaxa

I sent a PM to you Insanitosis; I've already discussed the character with Seraph and she has so far tentatively approved it.

Elohim

Quote from: Xana Cenad on January 04, 2009, 11:04:10 PM
One question that I had after reading one of the responses. Is this going to be a system or freeform game? In other words, would I have to generate a character sheet type intro for this if I was to join up?

I haven't entirely decided,  I was going to leave it up to the players.  If I do it will be something rather simply and home brewed.  Or perhaps, borrow rules from another game a freind put up. 

And alright Aether.

I'm going to be putting up a sheet soon,  it won't involve numbers but I do want details of the characters.

Insanitosis

That is fine, most people have scruples with Telepathy, I can play a telepathic character just fine, but I can stick with Telekenisis, or other forms of psychokenisis.

@Mnemaxa: Well, I have no problem with it, and I can play the keeper if you wish, or I can take special note of that when I bring out an multidimensional baddie or two

Mnemaxa

Either way works for me, thanks. *waits for character sheets.*

Insanitosis

Aha, Also Siren, if you allow me to play some monsters. Aside from Tentacally things, What kind of creatures would be emerging from the void?
Perhaps pm me so we could chat about our bad guys? I have lots of ideas.