"Exploding" Dice

Started by wigglebiscuit, June 07, 2016, 01:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wigglebiscuit

Is there a way to make dice "explode" on the dice roller? In other words, if you roll a 6 on a d6, automatically reroll, adding the result, until something other than a 6 is rolled?

Avis habilis

Put "6" in the "Extra" box.

Test Roll: Avis Habilis rolled: 3d6, extra dice at 6
Comment:
Result: 4, 4, 6, 2,
Total: 16

Oniya

Will that re-reroll if any of the 'extra' dice are also 6?

EDIT:

Apparently so.
Test Roll: Oniya rolled: 10d6, extra dice at 6
Comment:
Result: 6, 3, 6, 4, 6, 5, 4, 2, 2, 3, 2, 6, 2, 3,
Total: 54
Note that this is a test roll and not saved.
Shortline: At 2016-06-07 14:59:39, Oniya (uid: 3144) rolls: 10d6e6 Result: 54

Color added for clarity
Red numbers are the original 10, with 3 6's showing up.  Blues are the first round of 'extra dice'.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

wigglebiscuit

Oh wow, thanks guys! I could not figure that out!

Vekseid

It's all explained on the base dicebot page >_>

Gods that script is old : /

wigglebiscuit

Where is this dicebot page you speak of?

Oniya

https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php

It's below the matrix where you enter the number and types of dice
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wispyr

I need to do this in reverse... And I'm positive it can be done, my brain is just not working with me.

I need to roll 4d6, reroll 1's and keep the highest 3. When I attempt to make it reroll 1's it simply either rolls into infinity (even if not for any apparent reason) or if set to -1 (my assumption as to how this should work) doesn't reroll 1's at all.

Vekseid

It's included in a bit of a roundabout fashion - roll d5s instead and add 1 to each die.

The newer parser I wrote doesn't force you to do this, but that's what it does behind the scenes.

Wispyr

Quote from: Vekseid on July 18, 2016, 02:29:15 AM
It's included in a bit of a roundabout fashion - roll d5s instead and add 1 to each die.

The newer parser I wrote doesn't force you to do this, but that's what it does behind the scenes.
Huh... See. If I had been thinkin' straight I coulda figured that out. Thank you.