How do you keep yourself busy?

Started by rosebud, September 30, 2010, 01:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Star Safyre

Quote from: Host of Seraphim on October 10, 2010, 04:38:16 AM
I don't need to keep myself busy. Life keeps me busy.  -_-

This.

There are only a precious couple weeks in July when I suddenly look up and say, "I think this is what boredom feels like!"
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Acinonyx

Honestly, I have a million things I want to do and then one of two things happens:

1. I get really, really busy and the free time is not enough to get anywhere near finished with what I begin
OR
2. there's such an overload of things I want to do that I end up doing nothing at all, but maybe surfing the internet - and actually feeling bored.

(okay, or 3. I phone with my girlfriend all day)

Wisdom of life: Too many hobbies do not go well with a 60-hour work-week and the necessary (like grocery shopping, grooming and householding).

Oh, and what IS it I keep myself busy with once I have the time and power to it?
Singing, drawing, roleplaying online with my girlfriend, cooking, meeting people, reading, playing the celtic harp (rarely so!), geocaching, writing, composing, making graphics, playing playstation, watching movies, surfing amazon, play with my cats, sew costumes, consider acquiring some more hobbies like knitting or origami, go to the cinema, think of going out but then decide not to because -EW HUMANS!-, baking, making videos with movie maker, attempt to learn some program and fail at it, play adventure games on the computer, listen to audiobooks, begin projects such as fantasy-stories-to-be-written, movies-scripts-to-be-written, song-to-be-composed, look for a new job and figure out that I like what I am doing too much even though its failing, comment on blogs, learn new songs, enjoy the silence, play DS, study things I feel I embarrassingly suck at, read online comics, attempt to sort my computer files, call my family, email my friends, craft birthday presents for people or personalized birthday/Christmas cards, redecorate my apartment and move all the furniture around, occassionally make small packages for my girlfriend or little gifts for my colleagues, surf youtube, lay on the floor and watch what my cats will do about it, sleep, go onto small trips with my friends, think of what I could do when my fiancée comes to visit me, let my cat drool on me while caressing him, accidentally destroy my dishes and clean up the resulting mess (I do that a lot), try to learn a different language (long time since I last tried that), practice piano (only when I am at my parents house or babysitting my colleagues cats, because I don't have a piano anymore), make schemes for projects like a self-made table that I never turn into reality, paint garage doors (okay, I only did that once and will never do it again), throw old stuff out (not enough room!), go shopping at the electronics store (love it), play badminton with my friends...

... well, you might see the problem as to why I don't know what to do first, so I often end up doing nothing at all.

Chriscadizzle

I'm always either at the gym, in my room chilling to music, or with friends. (or at school or work)

I bike to the gym and swim before school, and then walk the 100 feet to my school, then I go back to the gym, and I work there, then I go work out or train on the swim team, then I go home and do homework. 
repeat.

AtlasEros

I cannot stand doing nothing, so beside work & my time with my wife & son.  I play tt rpgs (currently FR D&D 3.5 & All Flesh Must be Eaten), run, weight lift, watch tv (MMA, HBO/Sho serieses), I also like sparing and of course the comp.
O/O