My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Kunoichi, April 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Callie Del Noire

Kunoichi

Oo; Hmm.  That's certainly an... interesting OC pony.  I guess I should probably work on one of my own, for that matter...

Ah, by the way, The Hub recently made another nice commercial for the fans. ;D

There's a Pony For That HQ Version

Callie Del Noire

Webcomic.. called Skin Horse.. one of the characters is a half white/half black zombie girl called unity. :D

http://www.webcomicsnation.com/shaenongarrity/skinhorse/series.php

Kunoichi

Ah, so it's a pony version of her...  Okay, that makes a little more sense. ^^;

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 09, 2011, 08:03:58 PM
Ah, so it's a pony version of her...  Okay, that makes a little more sense. ^^;

Particularly with the needle and thread.. she's sown herself back together before

Kunoichi

Yeah, the little blurb on her character profile page mentioned that she was capable of repairing herself when need be. ^^ I have to agree, it certainly does fit...

Dhi

Quote from: TheSilkenVoice on June 30, 2011, 05:06:35 PM
I had My Little Pony Toys growing up as a kid and watched the old cartoon and loved it back then...but now the new cartoon is so different in appearance and not as nice in my opinion in the way they draw them.  I have not watched it because of that but considering what you guys are saying about it and that it is a good show, I will give it a shot - I still hate the way they drew them though.  I liked how "round" and "fluffy" the original My Little Ponies looked.
Did you end up watching the show? I'm curious if it changed your mind.

I was a My Little Pony girl as well, and I thought the new show was charming. I thought it captured the adventure and spirit of the original 80s show, which featured evil magic and lava monsters. The 90s MLP, by comparison, was about looking pretty and being popular in school. MLP:FiM is a show for girls that doesn't condescend and pander to stereotypes, instead it's clever enough to be enjoyed by a wide audience.

Kunoichi

Callie Del Noire

Shouldn't their roles be reversed? The PC as the work horse type and the Mac as the glitzy glam type?

Dhi

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 20, 2011, 02:36:41 AM

I love this fandom. ;D
Haha, MLP fans are sure creative. I wish I had something to contribute!

Even before things exploded from the new show, I used to see around DeviantArt and MLP Arena custom-crafted ponies that were just amazing. A couple of years ago there was a steampunk theme that caught on for custom ponies, and I liked those and the Egyptian ponies a lot. I wanted to commission one for myself, but the nice ones go for like $100.

Oniya

I used to have a friend that would re-make Barbie dolls.  It's actually more work than you'd imagine, especially if it involves changing up the hair (which involves opening up the doll and threading in individual strands with a long needle) or re-posing (which involves heating the doll just enough to make it pliable).
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Shuffles in.. drops this.

Pinkie Pie Likes Space

shuffles out..

note.. do NOT play at full volume

Kunoichi

What's that?  Play at full volume?

I think I'm deaf now. x3

ofDelusions

Is there any info on when season 2 is coming btw?

Kunoichi

No, though people are expecting it in a few months at the most. ^^ Work has certainly been going on it for a little while now, at least...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kunoichi on August 02, 2011, 04:00:32 AM
What's that?  Play at full volume?

I think I'm deaf now. x3

[evil monkey pose]
I warned ya!
[/evil monkey pose]

Kunoichi

So you did. :P

Quote from: HopeFox on August 04, 2011, 01:51:22 AM
So is anyone still thinking of running an MLP:FiM game? I suspect there'd be quite a lot of interest in such a thing.

I'd certainly be interested in such a game.  I don't think I could run it, though...

Oniya

The Unlikely Origins of the Brony

Quote"My Little Pony is the only group to take on 4chan and win. 4chan once took on the F.B.I. and won. So you might say that My Little Pony is more powerful than the F.B.I."

Dude.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Empyrean

QuoteSo is anyone still thinking of running an MLP:FiM game? I suspect there'd be quite a lot of interest in such a thing.

I decided to test that theory, Hopefox, by opening up such a game in the Non-Adult section. Let's see if there are takers. :)

Dhi

You've got me curious. I'm not sure what my schedule's going to look like, or what I'd want to play for an original character.

Callie Del Noire

MY LITTLE PONY: Live-Action Trailer

It's bad.. really really bad.. BUT the bit at the end with the little girl.. :D

Dhi

Wolfy