Carisbrooke Revisited: The Siege Continues [Complete]

Started by Valerian, February 26, 2010, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn52

As her friend country lost his head to the headsman Lady Xandi hung her head in shame. She was sorry she had not trusted her friend and now he was gone. Feeling terribly lonely now she looked for comfort returning to her room in hopes that all would fair well through the night.

Tears streaming down her face Lady Xandi held a mourning ceremony for Country and all were invited to pay their respects.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Valerian

The next day dawned worse than the last.  This time the rebels had succeeded during the night, and taken the life of another innocent Councilor, Lord Ryven.  The situation was growing dire.  Would the remaining innocents be able to find each other in time to stop the slaughter?

• Amberghylles
  • country - Councilor, lynched
  • Imogen
  • LadySky - Councilor, lynched
  • Mithlomwen*
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven - Councilor, killed by rebels
  • sinera
  • Xandi

There are 2 Councilors, 1 Weaponsmaster, 1 Historian, and 3 Rebels.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mithlomwen

The lady Mith glanced around, in shock to see yet another loyal subject slain by the Rebels.  Pointing her finger at lady Sinera and sighed sadly.  "I still have suspicion you are in league with the Rebels." 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Remiel

Remiel awoke with some trepidation, relieved to find himself still alive.  He released his grip on the dirk underneath his pillow, and on the crossbow on the bed beside him beneath the sheets.  He rose and dressed, careful to peer into every shadowy alcove and darkened corner for possible assassins. 

He arrived at the lord's hall, groaning aloud when he heard of Ryven's untimely demise.  The innocent councilors were dropping like flies, and they had yet to identify a single conspirator.

He listened to Mithlomwen's accusation, his eyes narrowing.  "There m-may be truth in what you s-say, Lady Regent," he said, as boldly as he dared.  "Or maybe it is you who p-plots and s-schemes.  After all, you were among those who v-voted for Lord Country."

He shook his head.  Either Lady Mithlomwen or Lady Sinera was a rebel, he was sure of it.  Sinera voted for the innocent Lady Sky initially before accusing Mithlomwen.  Mithlomwen, on the other hand, had voted for Sinera before accusing the innocent Lord Country.  And now, it seemed, she was voting for Sinera again.  Both were suspicious, but one was clearly innocent and the other guilty. 

The only question was whom to believe?

He sighed.  "I'm s-sorry, Lady Mithlomwen," he said, "but Lady S-Sinera has a p-point.  It does seem like you're trying to pick us off, one by one."

Mithlomwen

"I am doing no such thing.  But I warn you, if you send me to the gallows you will be sending another innocent to their death, and the rebels will have won."  It was a simple statement, not meant to sway his vote one way or the other, only stating the simple truth of the matter that she was in fact no rebel.  Just as her aunt before her.  She found it eerie that things were playing out the same way once more, and wondering if she too would share the same fate as her relative, being sent to her death innocent of the crimes she was accused of. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Valerian

Current Voting (Lynch):

sinera (4) - Mithlomwen, Amberghylles, Moirae, Xandi
Mithlomwen* (1) - Remiel
Remiel (0)
Amberghylles (0)
Imogen (0)
Moirae (0)
Xandi (0)

Yet to vote:  Imogen, sinera

There are 2 Councilors, 1 Weaponsmaster, 1 Historian, and 3 Rebels.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Amberghylles

"I pray that your suspicious are true Lady Mithlomwen.  I tire of seeing us doing the rebels work for them.  But I have no better suspect to put forth and thus I shall place my vote with you for now.  Unless you can present something compelling in regards to your innocence Lady Sinera, I fear you shall see the headsman next."

desert ashes

"I'll lay trust with our Regent and also vote for Lady Sinera."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Autumn52

I will lay my trust with our Regent as well. I think Lady Sinera might well be in league with the rebel forces.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

sinera

Quote from: Mithlomwen on March 16, 2010, 08:36:34 AM
"I still have suspicion you are in league with the Rebels."

"And I still believe you're a backstabbing slitch," sinera sneered. She paled slightly when other councilors added their votes to Mithlomwen's.

"Amberghylles, what evidence can I produce? None. The fact that I haven't some elaborate alibi in and of itself should tell you I haven't any agenda. All I can do is protest my innocence and wonder why you all are intent on persecuting the innocent. Do you not realize that by sending me to the gallows-tree, you'll sentence all of those loyal to His Majesty to death?"

She narrowed her eyes, "Or is that your intent? Are you in league with Mithlomwen and the rest of the rebels?"
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Imogen

Imogen sighed and rubbed her eyes. "Lady Sinera, I cannot prove your guilt but I trust our regent and my vote lies with hers."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Valerian

Final Voting (Lynch):

sinera (5) - Mithlomwen, Amberghylles, Moirae, Xandi, Imogen
Mithlomwen* (2) - Remiel, sinera
Remiel (0)
Amberghylles (0)
Imogen (0)
Moirae (0)
Xandi (0)

The tide turned inexorably against sinera, all her arguments swept aside by her fellow councilors.  For she was in truth a Councilor, loyal to the King; but as her head rolled, those few innocents left knew they could not stand against the rebels -- unless, against all the odds, they could all survive the night, thanks to their Weaponsmaster...

There are 1 Councilor, 1 Weaponsmaster, 1 Historian, and 3 Rebels.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

That night, the fate of the kingdom was sealed.  The next morning, the little group discovered that Lord Amberghylles, the Weaponsmaster, had been slain by the rebels, killed while guarding the regent, Mithlomwen.  From that moment, none could stand against the rebels, who quickly placed the former Queen's son upon the throne.  Now, only time would tell if this particular revolution had been for good or for ill -- and perhaps once more, the next generation would regret the actions of their forebears....

This time I have a bit of a recap ready:

Day 1:

By a narrow margin, LadySky, a Councilor, is lynched.

Night 1:

Imogen, the Historian, researches Ryven, a Councilor.
Amberghylles, the Weaponsmaster, guards Ryven.
The Rebels target Ryven, the center of attention.

Day 2:

Country, a Councilor, is lynched.

Night 2:

Imogen researches Mithlomwen, a Councilor
Amberghylles guards Imogen.
The Rebels target Ryven.

Day 3:

Sinera, a Councilor, is lynched.

Night 3:

Amberghylles guards Mithlomwen.
The rebels target Amberghylles.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

Remiel wiped his bloodstained hands, his foul deeds at last fulfilled, and nodded to his fellow co-conspirators, Xandi and Moirae.  "At last!" he exulted. "The rightful K-King s-sits upon the throne once m-more!   B-but even m-more importantly, I have wreaked m-my vengeance upon the m-murderers of m-my uncle, Lord F-Farthinghamhamham!"