Village

Started by Apple of Eris, December 12, 2007, 12:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apple of Eris

It's almost four am and I can't sleep!

Anyway, I've been thinking and I'm going to stay out of this for now. I just honestly don't have it in me to think of a character or try and post in any more games right now. I already have to force myself to try and keep up with some of the ones I'm in and I really don't think I can handle another right now. Maybe I'll be a late joiner, but as of right now, I think I'd have a nervous breakdown if I try.

Sorry...
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

VandalSavage

It is most unfortunate to hear that you will be unable to enjoy the fruits of your imagination, apple.

Nevertheless, know that there is always a space for you to enter.  You planted the seeds; we're just tending the tree.

Take care.

Stevej101

Agreed, I feel a little guilty that we hijacked this idea.

And VS said apple, you are of course more then welcome to join in if your posting schedule permits.  I would love to have  you...umm..in the story I mean.  :)
"But I like it in the gutter, its dark and warm and I meet all sorts of interesting people."

Ons and Offs

Apple of Eris

It's quite all right you two running the story, I feel confident it'll be in good hands. I'm just feeling really overwhelmed right now. I think it was the third job that did it. :)
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Silvester

This sounds pretty cool. I haven't watched the show (or even heard of it), but I'd like to give this a shot? Could the GM PM me if this thing takes off and a new character is welcome?

Airindel

It is unfortunate Apple that you are heavily bogged down with work. I was hoping that you'd be a mutual friend of the sisters...and hopefully once life settles down, you may be able to join us especially given that this was your idea. *snugs*

Silvester, this is based on a really cool movie. Here's a link for the trailer (and I hope I'm allowed to do this by site rules). http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/the_village/trailer/
Lips that taste of tears, they say,
Are the best for kissing
~Dorothy Parker

Preferences

VandalSavage

Quote from: Silvester on January 25, 2008, 08:43:17 AM
This sounds pretty cool. I haven't watched the show (or even heard of it), but I'd like to give this a shot? Could the GM PM me if this thing takes off and a new character is welcome?

Welcome, Silvester.

You are indeed most welcome.  If you review the thread, you can determine what manner of character we're looking for - either one of the villagers or one of the mysterious "monsters" that threaten to plague their lives should The Rules be violated.  Then PM Steve and myself with information as to your basic character concept and we will proceed from there.

As for the show in question, the basic theme of a mysterious village with mysterious rules was found in the movie appleoferis mentions at the beginning of the thread: "The Village" by director and writer M. Night Shayamalan.  To be candid, I did not think all that much of the film, but the elements of isolation and mysterious rules remain compelling and inspiring, as this writing effort evidences.

And as for the show Valerian referred to when she said, "Be seeing you," that is the incomparable Television production, "The Prisoner," by producer-writer-director-lead actor Patrick McGoohan.  For television as an art form, there has been nearly nothing like it, save perhaps David Lynch's "Twin Peaks."

In any event, I look forward to your PM

Valerian

Quote from: VandalSavage on January 25, 2008, 08:54:38 AM
And as for the show Valerian referred to when she said, "Be seeing you," that is the incomparable Television production, "The Prisoner," by producer-writer-director-lead actor Patrick McGoohan.  For television as an art form, there has been nearly nothing like it, save perhaps David Lynch's "Twin Peaks."
Ahh, I was afraid no one had caught that.  I loved every confusing minute of that series.  And Patrick McGoohan and I have the same birthday.   :)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

VandalSavage

Quote from: Valerian on January 25, 2008, 09:02:58 AM
Ahh, I was afraid no one had caught that.  I loved every confusing minute of that series.  And Patrick McGoohan and I have the same birthday.   :)

Yes, not to digress too far from the purpose of this thread, but I must say I thoroughly adore "The Prisoner."  Television is such a commercial venture that the concept of using it as a medium for abstract - even surrealist to some degree - art is a rare and astounding thing.  "The Prisoner" does it with a unapologetically bold excellence.  It was one of my first purchases of a TV show on tape.

And Patrick McGoohan I also think the world of.  I wanted him to win when he was Edward Longshanks in "Braveheart."

Nothing

Do you guys have room for yet another female villager? *shy smile*

VandalSavage

Most certainly, Nothing.

Might you send some character ideas to Steve and me?  We will work to get you citizenship posthaste.

RubySlippers

Ummmmm, you said marriage I didn't see anywhere in the rules that HAD to be a man and a woman, I might consider playing an apprentic to the healer that is really into other girls. So she might marry another woman, hell the monsters did just say married in the bargain not what that combination had to be as far as I can tell.

Unless you kabosh this idea but the game sounds kind of fun. I'm in a few free forms on RPOL and think I'm getting the hang of it now.