Vampire the Requiem

Started by Chameleon, July 13, 2007, 07:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chameleon

Alright, well I think that I’ll try my hand at running a game on this lovely looking site you’ve got here.  I’ve been tossing an idea around in my head lately,  though I must say I didn’t think I’d find the correct group to ever try it out.  It’s possible though that I might have found the correct audience amongst you.  So here goes nothing.

I’m sure there are people out there playing NWoD out there particularly Vampire the Requiem.  Well I picked up a little source book called Belial’s Brood, for those of you who don’t know much about the secretive little group they are essentially a covenant who attempts to find ascension through a personal closeness with their beast.  I guess this is all well and good if you like to be extremely violent and howl at the moon,  but that doesn’t exactly appeal to me all that much.

Wait, a moment there’s a sect amongst the brood known as the Scarlet Rite, who try to come closer to the beast by indulging in their appetites carnal and otherwise.  Sounds fun no?  Of course it doesn’t even pretend it doesn’t.  So I think you all might be seeing the direction I’m going in here,  I would love to ST a game involving a  Covey of the Scarlet Rite,  with  perhaps a few other brood cults mixed in for spice.   

This game won’t be for the faint of heart I assure you, but I’m also hoping to not have it devolve into some sort of vampiric blood orgy (A scene or two of vampiric blood orgies are probably a must though.)  I would actually like to experiment with what it is to be a member of the Scarlet Rite, and perhaps throw a few possibilities to convert NPC’s into the mix.

A major note, if you’re squeamish about incorporating death into your games this is not going to be the game for you.

Also,  if this game is “Too much.”  Please tell me so I don’t offend the moderators or anyone else.

Swedish Steel

I don't think you'll have to worry, have had quite a few deaths in my own nWoD game so far. Mixing the death with the sex might be to much though, I'd probably stay away from that.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

HybridHalf

Yeah, keep impalement to fleshsticks, not metal poles.

ZK

And if there has to be metal poles, it can be either piercings. But if it must be death, keep it away from sex.

You can have death, you can have violence, you can have violent deaths, you can have violent sex...but no violent sex deaths. ^.^
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

HybridHalf

Quote from: Z.K. on July 14, 2007, 10:39:17 PM
And if there has to be metal poles, it can be either piercings.

Or stripper poles. Or poles to tie slaves too....

ZK

On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

KeyOfTwilight

VtR is always a very juicy storyline.  You mentioned the possibility of another covey, perhaps you could be persuaded to allow a tremer Liche in the mix?  After all, they are sort of vampires themselves, it could be a very very interesting pact between them and the scarlet rite.  I unno', just thought I'd add my two cents.

Chameleon

Sex and death wasn't likely to mix,  if it did it would be simple exanguination which would seem common enough in any  vampire game no weird impalements and the like for me...  thats just well, gross. 

Also, before I even think about accepting a mage I'd like to see if there would be people interested in joining as vampires.