Yugioh: Dawn of Darkness (Slow; Story-Focused; Dark; 5Ds Era; Seeking 2 Players)

Started by King Serperior, October 19, 2015, 05:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Okay, so I might be crazy wanting to add another game to my listing, but I have been craving this for a while now!

Before I begin, I want to tell you that this game will NOT have much smut if any at all.  I do not and have not seen this as something that should have smut in it, so if that is what you are looking for, I am sorry to tell you that this is not the game for you.  The same goes if you are looking to play as/with Canon characters.  This will be totally Original Characters Only.  Next, I am a very slow writer, taking anywhere from 10 days to a month to make a post, depending on my muse at the time and how much stuff I have to do due to my classes.  I also like to post multi-paragraph posts, so it will be very rare to see less than three paragraphs from me.  If that is not to your liking, I must apologize, but that is non-negotiable.  Finally, I do expect some OOC talk as this is a two person game.  I want to hear your thoughts and opinions, to chatter, and just be interactive.  I find that extremely important to the making of a game.  Also, I don't care what gender the writer is nor what gender the character is.

Simply because of my game number, this will be a three-person game since any more will cause organizational issues and greater stress on me.

That said, this is an impulsive seeking, so please forgive me if my ideas are not very well worded out.  I have just two possible characters and one idea:

1).  Yugioh: Dawn of Darkness: - This is a 5Ds based game, however XYZ monsters do exist.  Pendulum Monsters DO NOT exist, however.  That means that you could use a deck such as Fluffals or Superheavy Samurai, but any and all Pendulum Cards and cards relating to them will not be in this game (Note that an exceptions do exist, such as in the case of the monster, Superheavy Samurai Thief.  In this case, only one effect mentions Pendulums:  "Destroy 1 card in your opponent's Pendulum Zone, then you can place the destroyed card in your Pendulum Zone."  Since this is just a small effect, it will be as if it weren't in the card when used in this game.).  Now, as you may expect, this will follow a team (Characters between the ages of 21-25) who enters into a major international competition that encompasses both Turbo Duels and regular duels.  During this competition, there will be some threat that few will know about and have their own agenda.  It is up to this team to try to beat everyone that comes into their path and survive this threat.  The game will begin when our characters' team being in the semi-finals, just two duels away from making it to be one of the three teams representing Japan.

Now, that's the basic idea.  Here are the eight possible characters that I can play.  Depending on the interested person's character, I'll choose the best fit*:

Evelyn Yukiko

Name:  Evelyn Yukiko
Deck Options:  Ancient Gear
Personality:  Calm, cool, and collected, Evelyn methodically makes her decisions in order to keep her ahead of others.  When dueling, she prefers to take her time to analyze her best move.  Unfortunately, this also applies to her relationships with other people as she distances herself from others so she can take an objective point of view.  As such, she often misses queues and tends to be oblivious to certain social situations.
Duel Runner Description:  It looks like someone cobbled a bunch of rusted scrap metal together to create a Runner that appears to be ready to fall apart at any moment.  Gears randomly stick out of places and it belches steam often when turned on.  However, looks are deceiving and the Runner is as advanced as most modern Runners.
Short History/Background:  Daughter of the head of Duel Academy, she inherited his Ancient Gear deck when he lost his arm, thus rendering him unable to duel.  She entered Duel Academy a few years later and became one of the best duelists in the Obelisk Blue dorm.  She graduated a year early with near perfect duel scores and turned her attention to Turbo Dueling.
Koga Nakamura

Name:  Koga Nakamura
Deck:  Morphtronic
Personality:  Focused, light-hearted, and good humored, Koga is the kind of person who could make friends with almost anyone.  He is often the first to laugh and is always easy-going.  His deck mirrors this and he is often very animated when dueling.
Duel Runner Description:  Shiny and yellow, it is your basic, modern Runner. 
Short History/Background:  Orphaned soon after he was born, he was raised by an elderly couple for most of his life.  They taught him to always look on the bright side of his life.  Always interested in technology and robots, he often tinkered with various electronics.  Eventually, he managed to be able to join the Duel Academy, but only as a Slifer Red.  However, he managed to graduate, if only because of his ability to keep opponents off guard.  He took up Turbo Duels later, purchasing a used, but still working, Duel Runner.
Shino Misaki

Name:  Shino Misaki
Deck:  Monarch
Personality:  Born from a wealthy family, Shino considers himself to be among the elite.  He is quite prideful in his skills, but also very loyal to his allies and team. Shino takes this in his dueling style, providing a slow, steady style and rarely losing his cool as his monsters pick apart his opponent.
Duel Runner Description:  High-performance and top-of-the-line, it's the sleek, shiny, typical Runner you would expect someone with money to own.
Short History/Background:  Despite never having entered Duel Academy, Shino has the skills of any high-level Obelisk Blue.  This is because of his family hiring private Duel Tutors.  When he reached the age of 16, he entered into the Dueling Circuit, proving himself to be a strong foe.  Eventually, he grew bored with the circuit and decided to try Turbo Dueling, planning to re-enter the Circuit as a pro.
Karen Ito

Name:  Karen Ito
Deck:  Jurrac
Personality:  Playful, taunting, and merciless, Karen is quite the unsettling duelist.  She seems to know the right buttons to press in order to make another become off balance.  Despite this, Karen rarely beats around the bush and always goes full-force at whatever she sets her mind to.  This is mirrored in her duel style where she goes full offense, leaving her little defensive strategy.
Duel Runner Description:  Karen's Duel Runner looks kind of like the monster, Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo as if it had been molded around a Duel Runner.
Short History/Background:  From when she was but a little girl, Karen always loved prehistoric creatures and once hoped to explore and find the fossils of such creatures.  However, when she discovered the joys of dueling, Karen took up fiery Jurracs to stomp her foes into the flames of oblivion.  She showed that her skills with her Dinosaur deck was not something to underestimate as she topped local tournaments.  Eventually, she acquired a Runner of her own, spending most of her savings to customize it so as to instill awe into anyone who looked upon it.
Kyoji Saito

Name:  Kyoji Saito
Deck:  Koa'ki Meiru
Personality:  Analytic, patient, and studious, Kyoji is not someone you want to underestimate.  He always takes detailed notes on opponents he is to face if he knows who they are ahead of time and is given time to research them.  This compiles into a dangerous combination with his deck, which can catch foes off guard with their high attack power and deadly effects.
Duel Runner Description:  Black and purple, it is a very well-maintained Runner.
Short History/Background:  Kyoji has always been highly studious, which served him well through Duel Academy.  He rarely dueled there, but when he did, he was to be feared.  Most of his time was spent preparing for exams which he passed with flying colors.  After graduation, Kyoji took up Turbo Dueling as a hobby that eventually evolved into a major interest.
Ami Kusuragi

Name:  Ami Kusuragi
Deck:  Cloudian
Personality:  Kind, helpful, and honest, Ami is a very good person, always willing to help anyone who is in need.  One may say she's too trusting and too forgiving at times.  However, when a friend is in trouble, she seems to change and want to have that person apologize.  Her dueling strategy mirrors her preference to not hurt foes, her Cloudians never causing direct harm and only poking the foe for very small amounts of damage.  However, when angered, she unleashes the Cloudian's full storm.
Duel Runner Description:  A pale whitish-grey, it looks like someone molded a Duel Runner out of clouds.
Short History/Background:  There's not much to say about Ami's life as it was always very peaceful.  She joined Duel Academy, never rising higher than Ra Yellow.  After graduating, she was introduced to Turbo Dueling by a friend and found she had a knack for it.  She's still new, but has proven that she has skills.
Saori Kaiba

Name:  Saori Kaiba
Deck:  Blue-Eyes
Personality:  Sarcastic, elite, and strong-willed, she is typical of the Kaiba family.  Saori values power and despises the weak, but that doesn't mean she is totally heartless.  She does know when someone had talent and values someone who tries to overcome their limitations.  She has an intense dislike of her older brothers, however.
Duel Runner Description:  A very high-quality Duel Runner, it looks like someone molded a Blue-Eyes White Dragon around it.
Short History/Background:  The third and youngest of three siblings, Saori inherited her great grandfather's Blue-Eyes cards while her older brothers inherited Kaibacorp.  Despite never enrolling in Duel Academy, she has all the dueling skills of Seto Kaiba.  Quickly becoming bored with defeating every regular foe with ease, she turned her attention to Turbo Dueling, figuring that it was time to test her skills in a duel style she had never tried before.
Tetsu Asato

Name:  Tetsu Asato
Deck:  Superheavy Samurai
Personality:  Serious, manipulative, and loyal, Tetsu often seems rather cold to most.  However, it is a defense mechanism that stems from his need for control.  His dueling style mirrors this because he always plays defensively until his foe shows an opening, which he will exploit with great, near unstoppable force.  He often speaks bluntly and truthfully, disliking the verbal dances.
Duel Runner Description:  Large and bulky, it is a Duel Runner designed for taking hits with ease, allowing him to easily deal with other Duelists that like to ram and push at other Runners.  It is covered with plating that looks like various shields of various shapes and sizes.
Short History/Background:  Tetsu never knew his parents and grew up with his grandfather, who taught him the art of Kendo, giving him great discipline.  He inherited his father's deck, the Superheavy Samurai, which fit his mindset perfectly.  He also enjoyed the fact that the cards didn't work well with spells and traps because such things added too much for too little.  He entered the Duel Academy in Slifer Red and, while he had great skills, he refused to move up and stay in the place he was given.  When he graduated, he discovered Turbo Dueling and tried his hand at it.  Though he refused to use Speed Spells, greatly hampering his own strength, he more than made up for it with the fact that he could use every card in his deck without waiting for the appropriate speed counters.

*Characters not used out of these eight will likely become NPCs that our characters will come across.  More than likely, they will be recurring throughout the game.

One final note:  Cards WILL be made up in this.  However, I ask that those who are interested to NOT go crazy with it.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Laughing Hyena

King Serperior

Alright!   Glad to have you, Laughing!   XD

So, do you have any character concepts in mind?  Do you have a preference for any of the six possible characters I could play?  Do you have a specific deck that you would like your character to use?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Laughing Hyena

I was always a fan of a Prophecy Deck. Well if they are still viable.

As for a Duelist concept it a bit of a toss up. I was thinking a terminally mute character that makes use of a computer to assist him in dueling or such. Anyone that could bounce off a man that uses gestures and a voice chat program to talk would be excellent. Ami or Karen would probably be a good match. If I recall Jurrac, they are very beat down style so a Prophecy Deck would work well with bouncing spells and traps off them.

King Serperior

Prophecy.  That's an archetype I haven't heard in a while.  Granted, I don't quite keep up with the current competitive scene or even have a physical card to my name, but I do know of them.  Those are the Spellbooks, no?  Nasty, little series of high-speed power.  I generally prefer the slower archetypes myself, as evidenced by the archetypes of the six characters above.  I think the Morphtronics are the fastest of them.  *nod*

As for the character, that is an interesting concept.  I don't know how a mute character would play out, especially in a high-speed Turbo Duel.  But, you're right about the Jurracs being an extremely offensive beatdown deck.  With one Synchro, their attack and defense soar through the roof and they can get big monsters out on the field very fast.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: King Serperior on October 19, 2015, 06:36:47 PM
Prophecy.  That's an archetype I haven't heard in a while.  Granted, I don't quite keep up with the current competitive scene or even have a physical card to my name, but I do know of them.  Those are the Spellbooks, no?  Nasty, little series of high-speed power.  I generally prefer the slower archetypes myself, as evidenced by the archetypes of the six characters above.  I think the Morphtronics are the fastest of them.  *nod*

As for the character, that is an interesting concept.  I don't know how a mute character would play out, especially in a high-speed Turbo Duel.  But, you're right about the Jurracs being an extremely offensive beatdown deck.  With one Synchro, their attack and defense soar through the roof and they can get big monsters out on the field very fast.

And yes those are the spell books. And the deck I used to run before a hiatus was primarily around the high priestess of prophecy and her effects. Speed up and get to controlling the more dangerous targets. Anyway as for the mute character Im thinking the duel computer would narrate the moves. "Duel mode on. Auto Pilot, standby" ^_^ And for fun we can make him a Slifer Slacker from the Duel Academy.

King Serperior

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 19, 2015, 06:46:01 PM
And yes those are the spell books. And the deck I used to run before a hiatus was primarily around the high priestess of prophecy and her effects. Speed up and get to controlling the more dangerous targets. Anyway as for the mute character Im thinking the duel computer would narrate the moves. "Duel mode on. Auto Pilot, standby" ^_^ And for fun we can make him a Slifer Slacker from the Duel Academy.
The last time I dueled in RL was in the era of the DinoRabbit and I was using a Uria, Lord of Searing Flames deck.  :P

*Nod*  That's what I was thinking.  Perhaps he has something he wears under a hat or helmet that translates his thoughts into a duel computer from his Duel Disk/Duel Runner?  As for my characters, they each graduated in one of the different houses:

Obelisk Blue:  Evelyn Yukiko & Shino Misaki
Ra Yellow:  Kyoji Saito & Ami Kusuragi
Slifer Red:  Koga Nakamura & Karen Ito

Quote from: Silk on October 19, 2015, 06:47:26 PM
Oh hell yes i'm in for this
Hello there, Silk!  Glad to see that you're interested!

Like I asked Laughing:  Do you have any character concepts in mind?  Do you have a preference for any of the six possible characters I could play?  Do you have a specific deck that you would like your character to use?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Silk

Do you have any character concepts in mind?

Not at this moment, although some kind of wannabe star would suit the deck below.

Do you have a preference for any of the six possible characters I could play?

Not really. :) Mostly just comes down to if there is too many males/females, even if it's mostly smutless having a good gender mix is rarely a bad thing. Unless were going for the token approach.

Do you have a specific deck that you would like your character to use?

I'm primarily looking at the Melodious deck, although I am considering Fortune ladies and Karakuri as well.

King Serperior

A wannabe star/dueling champion would work quite well with the concepts floating around already.  As for the gender mix, Laughing's looking to play male and you would like to play female, I assume?  Not sure what you mean by the 'token approach' though.  >.>;

Those three are all pretty good!  I don't know much about the Melodious series except that they're focused on Fairys that special summon a lot.  I am familiar with the other two, moreso with the Karakuri than the Fortune Ladies. 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: King Serperior on October 19, 2015, 06:52:34 PM
The last time I dueled in RL was in the era of the DinoRabbit and I was using a Uria, Lord of Searing Flames deck.  :P

*Nod*  That's what I was thinking.  Perhaps he has something he wears under a hat or helmet that translates his thoughts into a duel computer from his Duel Disk/Duel Runner?  As for my characters, they each graduated in one of the different houses:

Obelisk Blue:  Evelyn Yukiko & Shino Misaki
Ra Yellow:  Kyoji Saito & Ami Kusuragi
Slifer Red:  Koga Nakamura & Karen Ito
Hello there, Silk!  Glad to see that you're interested!

Like I asked Laughing:  Do you have any character concepts in mind?  Do you have a preference for any of the six possible characters I could play?  Do you have a specific deck that you would like your character to use?

Im willing to wager he has an interface chip or something he has to use his duel runner with. Basically his duel computer acts as his voice during duels. He doesn't like say use it on day to day basis.

Silk

Yeah Melodious is kind of a special summon engine which makes use of fusion cards and other additional effects, Bloom Diva being the game ender card which cannot be destroyed card effects, cannot be destroyed by battle, takes no battle damage, and makes you take the difference in attack power between the two fighting cards.

As to what I mean by token, I mean as an example if I was to play the only female character, then the fact she's the only female becomes part of that character and the interactions. "Hey a female in the tornament, how novel" and that sort of thing.

King Serperior

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 19, 2015, 07:06:32 PM
Im willing to wager he has an interface chip or something he has to use his duel runner with. Basically his duel computer acts as his voice during duels. He doesn't like say use it on day to day basis.
Okay, that makes sense.  Should be quite interesting to play out.   *nod*

Quote from: Silk on October 19, 2015, 07:10:13 PM
Yeah Melodious is kind of a special summon engine which makes use of fusion cards and other additional effects, Bloom Diva being the game ender card which cannot be destroyed card effects, cannot be destroyed by battle, takes no battle damage, and makes you take the difference in attack power between the two fighting cards.
Useful indeed.  They do seem quite strong with that in mind.  I have to say, if that is chosen for your character's deck of choice, my character will have the slowest deck.  :P
As to what I mean by token, I mean as an example if I was to play the only female character, then the fact she's the only female becomes part of that character and the interactions. "Hey a female in the tornament, how novel" and that sort of thing.
Ah, okay, I get what you're saying now.  Well, I don't want it to be 'novel' in that sense.  I was planning to choose a character based not only the decks you would like your characters to use, but also based on who would work best with your characters.  Of the female characters, one focuses on Heavy Beatdown (Karen), one focuses on Defensive Control (Ami), and the last focuses on limiting the opponent's options during the battle phase (Evelyn).  This is something to take note when our characters take part in the Turbo Duel events.  Meanwhile, the male characters focus on OTKs (Koga), Offensive Control (Shino), and Lockdowns (Kyoji).

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

MasterOfMyFate

"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

King Serperior

Hmm, well, this is certainly a pickle now.  I don't plan to have more than three players total since that is the minimal team size (not including that one 5Ds team that was cocky enough to only use two people, but we won't speak of them), so that will mean I can only take two people...

That said, hello, MasterOfMyFate!  To answer your question, I truly don't know.  I will say that the point of this game is to NOT choose the most powerful and overwhelming decks that you can.  Chose a deck type or archetype that you enjoy.  Take the decks the possible characters I have for instance.  None of them are super-overpowered by any means.  It's about the players' enjoyment, not completely flattening your foes with ease.  Believe me, I know the power of the Chaos Dragons.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Yukina

I'll join. :)

Name: Satomi Sonozaki
Deck: Fluffal
Personality: Meek and shy, though her confidence incurs a boost when she brings out a Fightfur card, though in quite a creepy way to opponents who have looked down upon her during the duel.
Duel Runner:  https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/1/1d/Runns.png

King Serperior

And now there's four interested parties for two spaces.  Hoo, boy, this is going to be tough.  I mean, I could have two teams of three, but I don't want to focus on two teams as it will just give me a headache.  As such, the one team of three is going to be what this game will focus on.

So, let me restate what you would expect from this game to make sure everyone who is interested would still be interested:

- The game will be slow, taking anywhere from a week to a month per 'post cycle' depending on my muse and RL situations;  This isn't a game for someone who loves fast, once-a-week post rates.
- Very story-focused, so smut will be at the absolute minimal, effectively non-existent.
- I'm only accepting two characters because I don't want to mess with two separate teams in such a tournament.
- Not every duel will be an easy victory;  Heck, few will come close to being easy.  This is focusing on a massive tournament where the best-of-the-best will be entering.
- Characters will use deck types/archetypes that the player likes, be they actually be competitive or not (I.E. can use a Ninja deck if they so choose).
- Chances are that each character will NOT be experiencing fluffy, happy feelings very often when the game really gets into the plot.

As such, with four interested people, I am closing this interest check.  While I could technically run two similar games, I don't have the time or the muse to.  So, unless the worst happens and the game flops, I won't be running a second one at the same time.  If that should happen, I'll be thrilled to try again with different players/characters.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

Okay, Silk, Laughing, Yugi, and Fate, I have discussed some information and I can accept to create up to a 5-character team.  However, there are some things to note:

Two characters will be taking a 'back-up' role on the team, being a manager or mechanic or similar.  Three of the characters will form the main duelists for the team.  If (and when) an injury to one occurs, one of the others will take their spot on the team until they heal.

So, the team will consist of 3-5 characters.  Just note that this will be a long-term slow game.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Silk

I'll be perfectly happy taking one of the back-up roles, it makes sense for the character I was going with anyway.

Yukina

King Serperior

Quote from: Silk on October 20, 2015, 01:25:29 PM
I'll be perfectly happy taking one of the back-up roles, it makes sense for the character I was going with anyway.
Quote from: Yugishogun on October 20, 2015, 02:02:25 PM
Sounds good. :) I'll take the second back-up role.
Alright, well, we don't quite know if two back-up roles will be needed until we hear more from Fate.  However, thank you very much for going with this.   :-)

I've already spoken with Silk regarding her character's role on the team.  Assuming that Fate is still interested and Laughing doesn't want a backup role, what sort of role do you see Satomi playing on the team?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Yukina

King Serperior

Okay, that certainly works.  She can be the 'techie' or something.  So, here's a rough analysis of the roles:

My character - Team's Leader; One of the main duelists
Laughing's Character - One of the main duelists
Fate - ?; Possibly one of the main duelists
Silk's Character - Team's Public Relations/Communications Officer; Backup Duelist
Yugi's Character - Team's mechanic/techie; Backup Duelist

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

Excuse the Double Post here, but this is pretty significant that I felt I should tell you all:

This is more like the anime than RL or a video game.  As such, there is NO BANLIST except for Chaos Emperor Dragon:  Envoy of the End, which was banned in the anime.  Also, because of this, certain cards will be unavailable for various reasons.  An example are the Egyptain God Cards, of which, in this game, their locations have been lost for a long time.  The Nordic Gods are going to be in the possession of the same three from the anime.  The Signer Dragons have the same treatment.  I just wanted you all to know that.

Now, we just need to hear from Laughing, Fate, and Silk regarding the basic character sheets.  Once I see what characters we have, I'll figure out which of my six fits the team best.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

Okay, this is a Triple Post, which I normally do not do, but I have an announcement:

I plan to get the OOC and possibly the IC started this weekend.  As such, everyone who hasn't created their mini-Character Sheet with a concept should do so before Saturday.  So far, we have Yugi's and (one of) my possible characters settled.  I have heard from Silk and she has a concept designed.  Laughing has a rough concept as well.  Fate hasn't said anything beyond that one post, which spoke of a deck and nothing more.

The way things are looking, it appears to be a four-character team so far.  With that said, here's some more information regarding the story:

After some calculations, this game will take place five years after the end of the Anime where Team 5Ds won the World Racing Grand Prix (WRGP).  It is five years later because Leo and Luna were 13 at the end of it, so in order for them to show up in the story, I had to make them 18.  That leaves the rest of Team 5Ds at the following ages:  Yusei (25), Jack (25), Akiza (22), Leo/Luna (18), and Crow (23).

Returning teams from the first WRGP will be:  Team Sherry and Team Ragnarok.  Various other teams will be coming from various countries as well.  Since this will be a larger-scale event, each country is sending three teams.  When all three teams are eliminated, the country is eliminated.  Yes, there is the chance that two teams from the same country will go against one another, but that is highly unlikely at the start.  Towards the end.....yeah, those chances greatly increase!

I won't reveal too much more until we get the OOC and IC started, hopefully on Saturday.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace