D&D5e: Hoard Of The Dragon Queen {Forgotten Realms} (GM looking for 5 players)

Started by Lynnie, June 01, 2015, 11:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnie

Hoard Of The Dragon Queen

Background
In Faerun, the Cult of Dragon has been active for centuries. Focusing on making undead dragons to fulfill a prophecy, but all of that is about to change. A new leader of the Cult believes that real draconic knowledge and power belongs to the living not the undead. This granted him something special.

What I am looking for is a small group of adventures to help stop the Cult of Dragons from completeing their mission. The adventurers will start at level one. This is a 5th edition campaign. Post interest here and PM me the character sheets.

Character Sheet

[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Class & Level:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]
[b]Alignment:[/b]
[b]Experience Points:[/b]
[b]HP:[/b]
[b]Initiative:[/b]
[b]Death Saves[/b] _/3 Successes _/3 Failures
[b]Strength:[/b]                [b]Strength Modifier:[/b]
[b]Dexterity:[/b]                [b]Dexterity Modifier:[/b]
[b]Constitution:[/b]           [b]Constitution Modifier:[/b]
[b]Intelligence:[/b]            [b]Intelligence Modifier:[/b]
[b]Wisdom:[/b]                  [b]Wisdom Modifier:[/b]
[b]Charisma:[/b]                [b]Charisma Modifier:[/b]
[b]Passive Wisdom (Perception):[/b]

[b]Savings Throws:[/b]
Strength:
Dexterity:
Constitution:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Charisma:

[b]Skills:[/b](Proficient mark with *)
Acrobatics:
Animal Handling:
Arcana:
Atheletics:
Deception:
History:
Insight:
Intimidation:
Investigation:
Medicine:
Nature:
Perception:
Performance:
Persuasion:
Religion:
Sleight Of Hand:
Stealth:
Survival:

[b]Attacks & Spellcasting:[/b]

[b]Equipment:[/b]

[b]Languages & Other Proficiencies:[/b]

[b]Features & Traits:[/b]

[b]Spells:[/b] (Use if needed)

[b]Character Background:[/b] (Please Include, Personality Traits, Ideals, Bonds, Flaws, Backstory -at least 1 paragraph please-)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (Pictures, Descriptions, please make sure if you are playing a halfling to use a halfling picture?)

Sample Character

Character Name: Hannah Howl
Class & Level: Fighter  1
Background: Solider - Officer
Alignment: N/G
Experience Points: 0
HP: 12
Initiative:  +1
Death Saves _/3 Successes _/3 Failures
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Strength:       16      Strength Modifier: +3
Dexterity:       13       Dexterity Modifier: +1
Constitution:    15     Constitution Modifier: +2
Intelligence:    13       Intelligence Modifier: +1
Wisdom:        12         Wisdom Modifier: +1
Charisma:      14        Charisma Modifier: +2
Passive Wisdom (Perception): 11

Savings Throws:
Strength: +5
Dexterity: +1
Constitution: +4
Intelligence: +1
Wisdom: +1
Charisma: +2

Skills: (Proficient mark with *)
Acrobatics: +1
*Animal Handling: +3
Arcana: +1
*Athletics: +5
Deception: +2
History: +1
Insight: +1
*Intimidation: +4
Investigation: +1
Medicine: +1
Nature: +1
Perception: +1
Performance: +2
Persuasion: +2
Religion: +1
Sleight Of Hand: +1
Stealth: +1
*Survival: +3

Attacks & Spellcasting:
War-hammer = Damage: 1d8 bludgeoning (attacks twice one for each weapon)
Light Crossbow = Damage: 1d8 piercing (Limited Ammo 20 bolts)

Equipment: Chain Mail Armor, Two War-hammers, Light Crossbow with 20 bolts, Explorer's Pack (Backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a water-skin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it) An isignia of rank, Broken Blade from her last fallen enemy, Bone Dice, Common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp

Languages & Other Proficiencies:Bone Dice Proficient and vehicles (land); Profecinicy in Strength and Constition

Features & Traits: Fighting Style - Two Weapon Fighting, Second Wind

Spells: N/A

Character Background: Personality Traits - I can stare down a hell hound without flinching. Ideals - Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others. Bonds - I fight for those you cannot fight for themselves. Flaws - I made a terrible mistake in battle cost many lives....and I would do anything to keep that mistake secret. Backstory - Hannah Howl came from a small fishing village on the Sword Coast. As soon as she was of age she joined the army. Her skills on the battlefield and her quick knowledge helped her rise quickly through the ranks. She fought in the last war and made a call that she regrets. Not many know of her call that day and she prefers to keep it that way, she still wears her armor from when she was active in the military but has since taken a backseat to allow room for others to take over. She decided to try and do some good to make amends for her sins.

Appearance:

Muse

Ooh!  May I play? 

A friend of mine tried to run this before but we didn't get very far.  I still found the idea very exciting. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Lynnie

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ixy

I'm still looking for one more system game that stays active.  I'm interested-- I'm only moderately familiar with Forgotten Realms, mostly from Neverwinter Nights, and it's been a while, but I would like to find a game with the right balance of adventure, sexiness, and action.  I would appreciate being able to apply, and will pm a sheet.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

eternaldarkness

I'm always down for some 5E. I'll send a sheet if you're still looking.

Mysterica

I too am quite interested.  I've been wanting a chance to try out 5e

Florence

I'm interested. Been craving some 5e for a while!

I might roll a female dwarf fighter or rogue.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Lynnie

*falls over* Wow I wasn't expecting this much interest! I will look over the character sheets. Muse you can do point buy or just use the dice bot and roll 3 6 sided dice >.>;

My goal is to run the story but have time for the player's characters develop and have relations :) There will be inns and taverns for npc interactions. I may move this to 6 players.

Florence

Quote from: Lynnie on June 02, 2015, 08:41:12 AM
*falls over* Wow I wasn't expecting this much interest! I will look over the character sheets. Muse you can do point buy or just use the dice bot and roll 3 6 sided dice >.>;

My goal is to run the story but have time for the player's characters develop and have relations :) There will be inns and taverns for npc interactions. I may move this to 6 players.

I'm personally more fond of point buy for online games.

And on that note, I'm working on my character. So far, my idea is that she's a Dwarven soldier, and a fighter. Lawful good, which is a switch for me, since I usually play Chaotic good, but... ya know, she's not a Paladin, so she's not going to be the group babysitter, like "No, no, no, you can't do that!" Though, obviously, she will raise SOME objection to more chaotic actions. Still, she can be reasoned with :P
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Lynnie

Interesting :) If everyone wants I can give you all 6 numbers from the dms book to use as your stats so everyone would have the same.

eternaldarkness

That'd work, but it's really easier to just set a point buy number. Especially since we're starting at apprentice levels, uneven ability scores will be a big deal - if they're high, everyone else looks like a schlub. If they're low, you struggle to survive to level 2, and have no class abilities or magic items to close the gap.

Level 1 is painful as is. Don't give anyone an additional handicap.

Lynnie

Then point buy it is :) 27 points :D

I am so excited to be doing this. Also side note, this is my first time doing D&D 5e n a forum, so I am going to do my best but if I screw up please forgive me?

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Lynnie on June 02, 2015, 12:25:40 PM
Then point buy it is :) 27 points :D

I am so excited to be doing this. Also side note, this is my first time doing D&D 5e n a forum, so I am going to do my best but if I screw up please forgive me?

Nobody is going to bite your head off if you make a mistake :) The players so far are generally cool people, a few of whom I know are great players and nice people too.

Lynnie

Yay ^^ I am just wanting to make sure everyone has fun and gets to play

Mysterica

I can't wait to get home from work so I can start playing around with making a character.

Revelation

For characters i'm thinking, i'll probably play a human but a few ideas...

Archer fighter - Thinking maybe someone who was trained to be a hunter, but instead of living a more rugged woods life, found his skill in archery better suited to a more mercenary life style - though it also ties in to an innate wanderlust.

Dragon blooded sorcerer: Playing one in a game about dragons is cliche, I know! Sorry, but I do like the idea of a dragon blooded sorcerer seeking out more of his heritage by initially investigating the cult.

Cleric: Can't go wrong with a cleric, right? Not sure on the god just yet, but definitely thinking someone who would want to be a champion for the meek and a flame guiding the way in darkness.

Ixy

Let's just take it easy and submit our characters to let the GM make her choices-- if mine doesn't fit, I'm totally ok with that, just let me know.

Revelation

Mm. I am taking it easy, I just like letting others know what I might be making to see if anyone may want to collaborate or just let them know if they were thinking of the same class so it could be discussed beforehand. :)

Lynnie

Kiric Rand

[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Lynnie