A Evil pathfinder game. [Pathfinder Group]

Started by OyabunKobold, October 21, 2018, 11:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OyabunKobold

So my games are going pretty well and I still have at least one more spot open for a game so I thought why not lets go with Evil people being evil.

I would like a few things from this game much like my last looking for thread so I hope I can find other players and a gm willing to do this with me. The story world and everything else is under the purview of the gm even anything I post here. I would prefer though these three things to be held.

My stipulations I would like as a player:

1. I would like the alignments to be limited to neutral and evil alignments: Lawful neutral, True neutral, Chaotic Neutral, Lawful evil, Neutral evil, Chaotic Evil.

2: I would appreciate it if Unchained classes were allowed but no Path of war, Arcanist, Synthesis summoner's

3: Preferably a small to medium sized group of active posters. ie no more than like 1 week lag on posting.

I would also like to share this idea layout with everyone interested as a player to use I am currently planning a Male Chaotic Neutral Kitsune Wizard. Probably something like the Manipulative mad scientist or something. He will be okay and actually quite active in mortal experimentation and becoming a Lich later on in life will be something he looks into.

Probably an adviser if the group decides we want to make a Evil kingdom later on he wouldn't be one to Lead as the Lord of the lands. too dangerous to get a knife in the back.

I will fill out this layout later on with my full character for now Im off to the Hot springs with mum on vacation.

[float=right][img height=300 padding=3]image here[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Alignment:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]A few goals for adventuring:[/b][list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

TheHangedOne

I'm interested as a player; most likely a Lawful Neutral "It's just business" mercenary fighter sort. Possibly a cleric of The Willing Whip (though that would be Evil), depending on what the party ends up needing.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

LisztesFerenc

You mention wanting to build an Evil Kingdom if the rest of the group is on board with that. So the Kingmaker module with an evil party?

OyabunKobold

Possibly yes kingmaker would be fun though unsure if following a module to the t would work out if others know whats coming. Maybe loosely following the kingmaker module and using its kingdom rules?

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

JoanieSappho

I also like this idea and have plenty of e vil ladies who would like to get out and play. I'll narrow down on the character stuff once we get more focused game ideas.

LisztesFerenc

I made a map for a Kingmaker game because I player I knew had a character for the module but had already read it, so yes that is douable. I used Warlock: Master of the Arcane to splice together a hexagonal map which was probably not the easiest way to do it but it was the only one I could think of.

OyabunKobold

Sounds interesting also natural hotsprings be bomb diggity

Miss Eleanora

Thorne

Could be interesting, depending on how you plan to handle inter-party conflict; I don't do PvP.
But I do have a little rogue who might fit the theme.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

OyabunKobold

A good evildoer would not make themselves vulnerable by stabbing everyone in the back. that's how I've always pictured it. You have a set goal you need others to reach that goal otherwise why are you in a party to begin with.

EDIT: Here is the Completed little Character Idea that I want to use for this campaign. I will get started on a sheet after we nail down the specifics of who will Gm and what they expect.

Name: Sadao Baan
Race: Kitsune
Class: Wizard
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Personality: Sadao is a manipulative fox. For ages he has dreampt of one day being the adviser to a great empire or a grand mage of the arcane arts. He doesnt care of he has to experiment on others to reach these goals or what boundries he has to cross in the arcane world. Deals with demons, devils, fey nothing is beyond his purview to reach the goals he desires. And if he must defeat time and gain immortality to do so. Then so be it. The world will know of Sadao Baan and remember the Kitsune Wizard in their history books.
A few goals for adventuring:

• Gain great arcane knowledge and power by any means necessary.
  • Advise a great ruler towards the completion of their goals for good or for bad.
  • Make his mark on this world even if he needs to gain immortality to do so.
  • Expand the limits to what is possible.
  • Complete the most out of his life.

Conundrum

The people who made the rules for Kingmaker released all the rules for kingdom building, war, etc, in an "ultimate" series of books.

If a DM does pick this up I would be interested in playing in an evil kingdom game.
If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.

Zaer Darkwail

Besides kingmaker there is another module specifically created for evil party; Way of the Wicked. There is mentioning using Kingmaker rules at during end game when kingdom starts get overrun and evil guys start run things.

However if your not all up play the module (which is bit Asmodeus centric but has room for chaotic people as well so long they work with group, even if fill out their own ambittions), then one idea is to run chars who are descendants (or otherwise adopted/raised proteges) of the 'heroes' of the module. This case the kingdom has gained solid control but seeks expand beyond it's borders and so the rulers (the semi-PC's of +18 level or so) send their proteges/children to earn their mantles of rulership through hardship.

Also voice interest join as player as well.

LisztesFerenc

This is the map I worked up for the game. The cities aren't actually there, they spawn naturally in Warlock. The fluff is that this map was commissioned at a time when some settlements were planned, so they were added but never actually built. I also still needed to add rivers and lakes since Warlock terrain doesn't include them. I can use this again or I can splice together a new one:

The game would involve the party and 2-3 NPC parties dividing the land between them to build up the unclaimed land into a kingdom. The NPC parties could be allies or rivals.

OyabunKobold

Ooh that looks interesting Lisztes. I like that idea for sure.

LisztesFerenc

For character creation then:

Stats: Point buy 15
Starting level: 2
Hitpoints: Max at first level, half+1 for subsequent levels.
Races: Any offcial rance, but nothing too crazy like the drow nobles.
Class: All PF classes except the arcanist. Ask me for third party or homebrewed material, but I probably won't allow Path of War.
Traits: Each character may take 2 traits and 1 drawback. You cannot take 2 drawbacks for an extra trait.

Furthermore, I would want the players to know eachother. You are starting a kingdom, which is best done with friends. You haven't been adventuring for too long, you're only level 2, but you should have shared at least one quest, or have some other connection.

Also, houserules I include in almost every game I run:

Coins: The currencies of the land are silver, bronze and copper. This is because I feel gold should be special, and not a metal used in every day transactions. This does not effect wealth and prices, the book cost of things are adjusted accordingly. For example a dagger costs 2 silver pieces, a +2 longsword sword 8,315 silver pieces and a dart costs 5 bronze pieces.

Languages: Common does not exist, in its place is Trade. As the name implies it is used by traders, and can cover general conversation. What it does not do well is elaborate word play or convey precise, non-trade related information. Diplomacy and elaborate bluff attempts (such as “We represent the royal guard of the crown, “ as oppose to “It wasn't us, we're innocent,”) take a -4 penalty when done in Trade. Furthermore, attempting to convey non-trade related information quickly can be tricky. During combat and other rushed scenarios, a DC: 10 Linguistics check must be made to relay information in Trade (“It has high spell resistance,” “Ignore the archers, I'll deal with them,” “Aim between the 4th and 5th rib, its a weak spot”). If the check is a failure, you can choose to either give up, or instead convey the information as a move action (making success  automatic).
  Katari replaces Common as the human language. Everyone can swap Common for Trade, Katari, or any other language a high intelligence modifier would give them access to.

OyabunKobold

Excellent excellent I will get to work on my Wizard when i reach home. I have all my word docs and whatnot put in a Rar for my travels.

For those who want to use it I have this as a character sheet for here as well that I will end up using. That way we can have a somewhat uniform Thing. :3

[float=right][img height=300 padding=3]Insert URL Here[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b] [url=Optional Sheet Url]Name[/url]
[b]Nicknames:[/b] Any Nicknames here
[b]Sex:[/b] Gender here if you want sexuality too
[b]Age:[/b] Age here
[b]Race:[/b] Race here
[b]Class:[/b] Class + Archtype if you have one
[b]Alignment:[/b] Alignment here
[b]Level:[/b] 3
[b]EXP:[/b] To be filled out when we find out how the leveling is going to be
[u][b]Basic Appearance:[/b][/u] If its just picture above then see picture otherwise describe Appearance.
[b][u]Personality:[/u][/b] Personality here [url=https://www.ashami.com/rpg/]the site I used for a personality skeleton[/url]
[hr]
[b][u]Basic Background[/u][/b] Background here
[hr]
[b]A few goals for adventuring:[/b] [list]
[li]Insert some goals here add new li brackets for each item[/li]
[/list]
[b][u]Connections:[/u][/b] If you have any connections
[u][b]Theme Song:[/b][/u]
[spoiler=Song name - Artist][url=you tube url]Song name - Artist[/url][/spoiler]
[hr]
[b][u]The Stats and Saves, Overview:[/u][/b]
[spoiler=Stats, Saves, and Overview]
[b]Stats:[/b]
[i]HP:[/i] ##/##
[i]Str:[/i] ## +#
[i]Dex:[/i] ## +#
[i]Con:[/i] ## +#
[i]Int:[/i] ## +#
[i]Wis:[/i] ## +#
[i]Cha:[/i] ## +#
[i]Senses:[/i] Eyesight or Abilities like Scent
[i]Attack Options:[/i] Weapon +Bonus (#d#, Crit, Range Damage type, Ammunition, Special attributes);
[i]CMB:[/i] +#
[i]AC:[/i]  Total AC
[i]TAC:[/i] Total Touch AC
[i]FFAC:[/i] Total Flat footed AC
[i]CMD:[/i]  Total CMD
[i]Resistances:[/i] Any Resistances here
[i]Immunities:[/i]  Any immunities here
[i]Fortitude Save:[/i] +#
[i]Reflex Save:[/i] +#
[i]Will:[/i] +#
[i]Initiative:[/i] +#
[i][u]Spellbook spells:[/u][/i]
Lvl 0

[list]
[li]Spell name here[/li]
[/list]

Lvl 1
[list]
[li]Spell name here[/li]
[/list][/spoiler]
[hr]
[b][u]Skills, Feats and Class Features:[/u][/b]
[spoiler=Skills Feats And Class Features][i][u]Skills:[/u][/i]
[i](Class Skills+ Int (# ) ) =  Total/ Level [/i]
[i]Languages:[/i] Insert languages here
[i]Skills:[/i]
+# Skill name,
[b][u]Racial Bonuses:[/u][/b]
Racial Bonuses Here
[b][u]Feats:[/u][/b]
Feats here
[b][u]Traits:[/u][/b]
Traits and Drawbacks here
[b][u]Class Bonuses:[/u][/b]
Class Features here[/spoiler]

[b][u]Inventory:[/u][/b]
[spoiler=Inventory Info]
[i][u]Magic Item Slots:[/u][/i]
[i]Head:[/i]
[i]Headband:[/i]
[i]Eyes:[/i]
[i]Shoulders:[/i]
[i]Neck:[/i]
[i]Chest:[/i]
[i]Body:[/i]
[i]Belt:[/i]
[i]Wrists:[/i]
[i]Hands:[/i]
[i]Ring 1:[/i]
[i]Ring 2:[/i]
[i][u]Complete Inventory:[/u][/i]
Inventory here
[i]End Wealth:[/i]
PP
GP
SP
CP
[i]Total Weight:[/i]
## Lbs carried;[/spoiler]

[hr]

Excited to be Roleplaying under your command again Lisztes

Edit:
ability spread
Str: 10, Dex: 12, Con: 10, Int: 16, Wis: 10, Cha: 15

JoanieSappho

And here's my very, very rough and also extremely early idea.

Name: Elle Okyon
Race: Tengu
Class: Rogue/Samurai (I'm thinking of using the tengu's Swordmaster archetype for Rogue, and the Warrior Poet for Samurai.)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Personality: Elle likes pretty things. Pretty people, objects, whatever, and she wants to have as many of these things for herself as she can get, even to the point of making her own. Power isn't a goal for her in itself, but she's quite aware that power and, especially, money can get her a lot of the shiny pretty things that she craves and so she has come to a very similar conclusion to her old friend Sadao. Both are cunning and manipulative, if in slightly different ways and while he's advising his way to his goal, she's happy to take a more direct and pointy route to hers. Not to mention, she rather likes showing off, especially when fighting.

A few goals for adventuring

• Gain wealth enough to surround herself with beautiful things and people
  • Gain respect and praise for her beauty/the beauty of her fighting
  • Make her mark on this world, also not dying sounds good - although if she does, then she wants a death people will talk about for centuries
  • Complete the most out of his life.

LisztesFerenc

Elle and Sadao look fun, good to see some old friends I presume, since they likely share a homeland. Warrior Poet is a really cool archetype, though it does trade so much that I need to keep back and forth between the classes. Swordmaster is less complicated but the trances look like they could be fun, and thanks to the wording on Danger Sense you can still play an Unchained Rogue with Swordmaster. Any ideas what school of magic Sadao will use?

JoanieSappho

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on October 22, 2018, 05:42:44 PM
  Elle and Sadao look fun, good to see some old friends I presume, since they likely share a homeland. Warrior Poet is a really cool archetype, though it does trade so much that I need to keep back and forth between the classes. Swordmaster is less complicated but the trances look like they could be fun, and thanks to the wording on Danger Sense you can still play an Unchained Rogue with Swordmaster. Any ideas what school of magic Sadao will use?

If you want, I'll do a super comprehensive sheet, listing off not just her abilities, but what they do, where they come from and what they replace? The spoiler boxes help with keeping that sort of thing possible without the sheet always being super long

LisztesFerenc

Thanks, but I don't think you need to put yourself out over it. I got what what the archetype would do eventually, it was just one of the more confusing ones to read.

TheHangedOne

Currently cooking up a Cleric of Eiseth; Lawful Evil, fairly pragmatic, and not entirely unjust. Has a bit of a meritocratic personality, though he's deferential to women (considering that Eiseth likes to impale chauvinists, he likes to be cautious). He's mostly in it to see the servants of his Goddess' enemies burn on this place, literally or metaphorically, and spread the faith.

Sheet is in the works; I'll have things more fully done up by the weekend. This week has just been too damn sporadic for me to really nail down a good time to crunch the numbers and prepare the spells.

@Lisztes: Would you be willing to use a homebrew rule that allows cleric spells to be cast like a sorcerer, instead of me having to sit down every in-game day and decide 'I want 2 of these, and 1 of those, and let's make all the Orisons the exact same spell...", and instead just have it fall down to 'I cast X number of Y level spells per day'?
Check out my poet tree!

OyabunKobold

Going to change the class to Pact wizard.

If its a Deity he needs its the Speakers of the depths, Otherwise its probably Il’surrish the Wanderer.

His focused school is Enchantment, His opposed schools are Abjuration, Divination, Transmutation Ill get to work on him after wake up but viper Familiar to start that is more than it seems.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: TheHangedMan on October 22, 2018, 06:31:56 PM@Lisztes: Would you be willing to use a homebrew rule that allows cleric spells to be cast like a sorcerer, instead of me having to sit down every in-game day and decide 'I want 2 of these, and 1 of those, and let's make all the Orisons the exact same spell...", and instead just have it fall down to 'I cast X number of Y level spells per day'?

3.5 had the favoured soul, which was a spontenous divine caster. I'll look into porting that over. What domain are you looking at using?

TheHangedOne

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on October 22, 2018, 06:54:38 PM
  3.5 had the favoured soul, which was a spontenous divine caster. I'll look into porting that over. What domain are you looking at using?
Most likely Blood, Devil , and having him be a Flagelant. Though, bog standard cleric/Favored Soul works just as well for me.
Check out my poet tree!

Conundrum

I am thinking of doing a sort of evil druid monster breeder type character.
If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.