The Boundaries (A werewolf RP) - Now Recruiting!

Started by Charlotte Fox, August 28, 2013, 04:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karasu

mm I think I'll post up in Wellborough.. Makes sense given his history and seems reasonable given how he is, that he wouldn't necessarily be at such a tough bar.
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Karasu

Actually thinking it over and with how my post is comming.. Ya.. bar makes a bit more sense.. XD
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Julles

Let's keep a conversations in the OOC. :) Much friendlier in there... Hehe.

Bloodied Porcelain

Height: 5'0" Weight: 105 lb. Build: Petite but Curvy
Hair: Blonde Eyes: Blue Skin: Lightly tanned

Name: Gloria "Glory" Redfern

Race: Bitten

Sexuality: Bi

Pack Member: No

Pack Rank: N/A

Skill set: Book Worm: Growing up in a highly religious setting meant that while other children and teenagers were out experiencing life, Gloria was forced to find more wholesome means of entertainment. This, combined with her parent's focus on a thorough education and the importance of history led to her spending most of her life with her nose in a book. As such, she's blessed with a wealth of knowledge others often find staggering, even going so far as to insist she's just making things up to seem like she's a genius.

High IQ: From a young age, Gloria was noticeably above average in terms of intelligence. She is blessed with an unusual knack for picking up on information and theories long before others around her. She can calculate advanced mathematics in her head, and think far faster than most around her.

OCD: It's debatable whether or not this is honestly a "skill" or a curse. Gloria is prone to demanding levels of excellence from herself that no one could possibly live up to.

Eidetic Memory: Also known as "total recall", Gloria is cursed with a complete inability to forget anything... even the things she'd rather not remember. This is part of why she is such a wealth of knowledge... useful and useless both.

Character History: Born in Louisianna south to a pair of deeply religious parents, Gloria grew up in a strict household where propriety, prayer, discipline, and learning were the focus of raising their family. Homeschooled and held to higher expectations than any school (private or public) would have had, the highly intelligent Gloria and her five siblings had their days filled with bible study, and every other kind of study. Everything from history to mathematics to literature. The only subject that was rather glossed over was science, as her mother insisted that no "good Christian girl" had need for such evil things as the big bang or evolution theories put in to her head. She grew up with only limited use of things like the internet, and her entire (incredibly limited) social life was focused around church groups and functions.

Everything about Gloria's life was held under constant scrutiny, and there were times when, after failing to live up to her mother's impossibly high standards in something, she would be forced to kneel and pray for hours at a time, begging God to forgive her failings and guide her through them and to the path meant for her.

From an early age, Gloria proved to have a remarkably high IQ and was several grade levels beyond other children her age. By middle school, she was studying college-level texts and her parents were researching the best way to get her her high school diploma as soon as possible. Despite their focus on education, however, her mother was insistent that college would never (and should never) be in the cards for her blue eyed daughter. Such institutions were the breeding ground of sin, promiscuity, gluttony, and laziness, and no good Christian girl was so focused upon having a career that a degree was necessary. No, indeed Gloria was expected to be intelligent and educated to beter serve God and her future husband, who would be expected to provide.

When puberty hit, Gloria was like most other girls, save that she had very little experience in dealing with the fresh new emotions and thoughts most other girls had at least been experiencing in small measures for years prior to that point in their life. Her interest in boys was met with threats of hellfire and damnation, with counseling sessions with her pastor, and long nights at her bed side begging God to remove impure thoughts and urges from her.

Even when the worst of puberty passed and she began to settle in to the role of a teenager now armed with her diploma, Gloria was kept under lock and key, far away from any young men her age and even most young women, who her mother made no bones about insisting would lead her daughter down the path to hell.

One night after bible study, when she was seventeen, Gloria was able to catch a few quiet moments alone and wandered outside, walking the edge of her family's property. It was a full moon, and the glorious silver disc in the sky bathed everything in a beautiful glow. It was during those moments, simply walking along and admiring the peaceful glimpse at God's creation that it happened. It was a flash... a blinding, terrifying flash. Fangs and claws and fur came from the darkness and attacked her, ripping her clothes to shreds and sinking teeth in to her soft skin. She screamed, trying to fight the wolf off, but her strength was nowhere near enough to do so and soon enough the wolf left on its own, scared off by the sound of shouting and a shotgun blast fired just wide of where it was attempting to kill its prey.

Gloria was covered in blood, so much so that her parents couldn't tell, even with the moonlight, where the worst wounds were. She was rushed to the hospital, where it would take a week before the doctors would finally release her from their care to go home, saying it was a miracle she'd survived. Fevers raged for that first week, illness wracking her small frame, but they could find no infection or reason for it. Finally chalking the odd illness up to stress and an adverse reaction to pain medications, they sent her home to relax.

By the end of four weeks, Gloria was back on her feet... and the day before the full moon, her wounds were completely healed, though she still felt sore in some places. Her parents prayed, thanking God for saving and healing her so quickly, but when her mother realized that no scars had been left behind by the attack, she began to suspect something sinister may be at play in her daughter. Now sixteen, Gloria had always been prone to the occasional mood swing, a normal aspect of being female, but her mood swings became increasingly more frequent and less stable or predictable as they neared the one month anniversary of the attack.

The twilight hour between day and night time, with the full moon beginning to rise on the horizon, Gloria wandered out in to the yard. Her body hurt... she was sweaty and her muscles ached, twitching. Her body felt itchy and nothing about the world around her felt right. Worried that perhaps she was ill, she attempted to breathe in the fresh air, only to have agony rocket through her.

The change was a terrifying experience for the sheltered young woman, and after nearly ten minutes, the young woman was gone... replaced by a slender, stunning wolf with intelligent amber eyes that howled at the moon. She took off in to the night, leaving her family without a clue where Gloria had gone for nearly three days.

She returned several mornings later, to find her mother sitting on their back porch just before dawn, weeping and clutching her bible and cross. Unable to dash back in to the woods before her mother could see her, Gloria was caught in the throes of the change and her mother watched in abject horror as the beast became her once beloved daughter.

The next hour was painful at best. Her mother smacked her repeatedly with her bible, shouting prayers and attempting to expell demons from her, insisting they needed to take her to be exorcised, while her father pointed a gun at her and demanded she leave and never return. Clutching what little belongings her mother threw in a bag before screaming at her to go find her master Satan and never darken their door step again, Gloria wandered back in to the woods and the swamps.

A year later, she has done much research on what she is while traveling North America, eventually finding herself in British Columbia, without much money or hope for the future and only a few worn books and her bible keep her company. She's not come to terms with what she is, and wonders daily if perhaps the other part of herself she battles with so constantly isn't really a demon after all. Terrified of going to a church for help, worried she'll be accused of being crazy or a monster, she hasn't had the courage to do more than worry and pray and flee in to the wilderness when the full moon comes.

Personality: Shy and quiet, Gloria is withdrawn and would rather spend her time with her nose in a book than around other people. This is largely because her sheltered upbringing and eidetic memory make it nearly impossible for her to relate to people. Her lack of "street smarts" and tendency to over-analyse everything makes interaction with other people awkward at best, and her attempts at being friendly toward others often fail miserably due to her habit of getting off topic or rambling about facts related to a topic that has been brought up.

Gloria's focus on facts and knowledge make her prone to overlooking emotions from other people, though this is never done with the intention of hurting another or snubbing them, she simply finds it difficult to empathize with others. This is not to imply that she is not herself capable of emotions, and in fact beneath all of the knowledge and obsessive compulsive tendancies... beneath her propensity to analyze people and events and her inability to forget a single detail of anything she sees or experiences, there is a great wealth of emotion that lay in wait for the opportunity to be brought to the surface.

When emotions do come in to play, Gloria is often awkward when dealing with them in other people, and can become frustrated when dealing with them in herself, especially if it means allowing other people to see how she is feeling. Her strict upbringing has left her with a deep sense of needed perfection when it comes to herself. She holds herself to a higher standard than anyone else ever would, and she certainly holds herself higher than she does anyone else, placing herself on an almost impossible pedestal to balance on.

Wolf Form: Petite even for a normal wolf, Gloria's wolf form is slender and built for agility and speed and grace instead of brute strength. This is no matter to her, of course, for her personality lends itself to a more submissive posture and she is not the type to threaten others.Her mostly white coat is peppered with black and tan along the top of her back and tail, and her amber eyes are keen and intelligent.

Additional Information:

On’s/Offs: O/Os
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Julles

Bloodied Porcelain

YAY! I will try to get a post up for her tomorrow.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

azzmeister89

Ok please say Gloria can be the one to bite Nate. It could be interesting if the two meet, the upbringings clash so well that i can imagine many funny conversations.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: azzmeister89 on September 29, 2013, 03:08:56 AM
Ok please say Gloria can be the one to bite Nate. It could be interesting if the two meet, the upbringings clash so well that i can imagine many funny conversations.

I don't really see her being the type to bite someone, unfortunately. Plus that would pretty much scar her beyond repair emotionally and I don't want to push her to suicide just yet lol

FroreQueen

Hello, I was just wondering if you were perhaps still recruiting for exiled wolves? If so then I would love to see if my girl Kiera could fit in somewhere.
| Status: Alive | Medium: Forum, Google Docs, Possibly PM | Post rate: Varies. Erratic, mostly. |
◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊

On/Off || General Ideas

♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ Part of the reason I tend to be slow. ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦

CurvyKitten

OMG your avi is so cute FroreQueen hehe...sorry just had to get that out. :P

FroreQueen

Quote from: CurvyKitten on October 08, 2013, 04:05:46 PM
OMG your avi is so cute FroreQueen hehe...sorry just had to get that out. :P

Haha, thank you! I can't bring myself to change it, it's too adorable even for me.
| Status: Alive | Medium: Forum, Google Docs, Possibly PM | Post rate: Varies. Erratic, mostly. |

On/Off || General Ideas

Julles

Julles

@ForeQueen: Sorry it took so long, my apologies. But, Kiera looks good, the changing starting so long is different, but it should be okay. If you could change it into a CS sheet for us that would be great! I see no reasons for her to not be accepted. :)

FroreQueen

No worries on the wait, not long at all actually. And... Yay, thank you!

I can switch around her change time if need be, I just had the first change she remembered stressed induced for dramatization.

Now I'm all excited, I'll switch it to the CS first thing this evening.

On/Off || General Ideas

Julles

Awesome, looking forward to it. :)

Oh, and if you wanted to double up as a pack member.... -nudge nudge wink wink- you could. :) Lol.

FroreQueen

Haha, that would be fun. I'm not sure Kiera would fit with the pack, unless her mother was a member. She hasn't had much experience with others like her so throwing her straight into a setting like that would be a little chaotic. Ooh, she does travel for her job... Maybe someone in the pack knew her mother. Intrigue.

So many possibilities, my head is spinning now. -Dances- I probably get way too excited about new role-plays.

On/Off || General Ideas

arthenwel

Be careful who you try to burn. You might just find that the other person knows how to play with fire better than you.

On's/Off's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=185686.0
A/A's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=228170.msg11197359#msg11197359

FroreQueen

Played by: FroreQueen
Appearance:

Name: Kiera Lupin

Race: Pure

Sexuality: Indifferent [Bi]

Pack Member: No

Pack Rank: N/A

Skill set:
• Tracking: Using her heightened senses to follow her prey.
• Stealth: Has the uncanny ability to sneak up on most people
• Detail Orientation: Likes things a certain way and takes notice when they’re out of order
• Persistence: Not necessarily a skill, more of a trait though it does come in handy. She hates to give up on anything.
• Craftsmanship: Adept at making various things and figuring out how exactly things work

Character History:

A scream clawed at her throat with barbed fingers, shredding her larynx until it came out as guttural as a growl. Panic clouded her mind, blurred the lines of reality and fantasy until monsters leapt out of the darkness at every turn. They grabbed at her with greedy claws, cackling in madness when they singed her hide. Stars bloomed behind her eyes as her feet twisted beneath her, the ground embracing her with crushing force. Suddenly her bones felt all wrong, like they just didn’t belong. The pain was akin to being on the wrong end of a brand; it seared through her veins and warped the world around her.

Fire roared in her ears louder than ever but she couldn’t seem to convince her body to move. Nothing was working right, she felt different and yet the same. The acridic stench of burning flesh gradually grew worse, until she realized it was her own. Death loomed just behind her, dragging itself ever closer, one oaken beam at a time. Smoke wove a noose around her neck, tightening its hold so that every breath was strained. Flames bit at her toes a moment before her vision was consumed by darkness.

The fire had started by accident, an old stove and ill place equipment. Like all wild things, it had started small and manageable... until it had devoured the kitchen and wound its way out the hall. It had curled around the banisters, climbed up over the high arch and stuffed itself in the parlor. People panicked, shoved and shouted, each trying to escape its insatiable appetite. Kiera was only eight at the time; her father traveled the world with her and never once left her side. It was she who snuck out all the time, slinking away in an eternal game of hide-n-seek. She was on such a venture when the fire had trapped her, corralling her in a library. The stress and panic fractured her sanity, drove her mad. Even after her father had rescued her, she could never be the same.

Kiera had been too young to understand at the time, everything her father rattled off as he took her to a new town. A new home and a new life, just like the one they had left. She couldn’t grasp the concept of such secrecy behind what she was, or why they moved so much. As she aged it only got worse, no matter how hard she tried to fight it always happened. She thought she would get better, if only she practiced resisting but every month she changed. Every month she made herself sick, enduring pain that brought on delirium. She rebelled with everything she had and always she failed to stop it. It would take her quite a bit of time to cope with what had she had become, or rather what she had always been.

Seven years after the fire and she would once more wake in terror. Only this time it wasn’t the hungry crackle of a fire, but a deafening silence. In the light of a barely-there crescent moon she had searched the entire cabin and the land around it for signs of life. Not even the wind whispered to her on that night, as if the world had paused to prolong her misery. Kiera ranted and raved to the heavens, crying and shouting until she was too exhausted to crawl back in the house. Her father was gone. Vanishing like he had never been there. She couldn’t pick up a scent, couldn’t find a trail or even a trace of his existence. All she had of his was a ring he had given her, a titanium band with the symbols for ‘Alpha’ and ‘Omega’ engraved into it. Like the mystery of her mother, she was fated to never know what had happened to her father.

Kiera spent every night and day hunting for him, hoping for something she could use to consolidate herself with. An accident or just a bad case of misdirection, she would take about anything to help her know what had happened. It wasn’t until a week later that she was forced to give up, her food had run out and she didn’t want to be trapped in the cabin when the snows hit. She hunted for something else after that, retracing all her trips through the towns and various mountainsides. It took her two years to find the right people and convince them to give her a chance. After that it was smooth sailing, except for the hiding what she truly was and trying not to show off too much.

Fours years later and she was spending her twenty-first birthday hunting for a group of idiotic people in subzero temperatures. To top it off, they were trapped near the top of a very temperamental mountain. She could smell their panic, not that she blamed them though thankfully she was close. The mountains were treacherous at best, doubly so when people tried to show off their skills. Or lack of. Add a moody snow storm and she was drowning in calls for help. All she had wanted to do that morning was go for a nice long run, even now she felt an ache in her bones. Her other half wanted to hunt, and if she didn’t have four more groups to look for she likely would have let it. Kiera was better at it now, switching between two legs and four. Her changes were easier now, not to mention her recovery time was almost nonexistent.

Static buzzed at her hip, a voice crackled to life only to fade back out, it was enough to snap her back on track. She glanced towards the sky, clicking the mike on her com and rattling off her exact location. It wouldn’t take long for the rest of her team to arrive and find the people, all still alive and relatively whole. If only her other searches were as easy and lucky a find.

Kiera was a rescue worker, it was enough to get her fix of adrenaline and give her a chance at being outdoors. She was young but skilled at what she did, using her heightened senses to help with her work. It was a perfect job for her, allowed her live on her own without questions and made moving not only easy but reasonable. She could travel the world and always have an excuse to get in touch with nature. It was a passion that allowed her to be herself and continue the never-ending hunt for where she came from. She is driven by that constant need to know more.

Personality: She’s as tough and giving as leather with a very well hidden soft side. Kiera shields herself with a wicked sense of sarcasm and a morbidly biting touch of humor. She tries to fight it, but in the end she has an unerring need to help those that are in trouble. Kiera is still vastly confused about what she is and where she came from, though she has tried to put it all behind her for the most part. She wont admit it to anyone, but she is slightly claustrophobic and has a strong tendency to avoid large fires.

Additional Information: Her father, Michael Lupin, was a wolf biologist. The origins of her mother are currently unknown.

Wolf Form:
Ons/Offs

On/Off || General Ideas

Julles

Sorry this took me so long. :/ But, moving your CS sheet over now, FroreQueen. :)

Julles

Added! :)

PS to all others - Still looking for more players. :)

Julles

There is room for a hunter. You can set up a CS and then Charlotte or I will let you know. :) I know Charlotte had an idea of sorts for the hunters, so it will be exciting to see the CS you have an idea for.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Julles on October 15, 2013, 02:28:15 AM
There is room for a hunter. You can set up a CS and then Charlotte or I will let you know. :) I know Charlotte had an idea of sorts for the hunters, so it will be exciting to see the CS you have an idea for.

Alrighty, I'll shoot something both your way once it's done. (:

- Rainbow ♥

MagicalMayham

Is this still open for characters? Because I would love to make one or two...
Rebellion against a tyrant is obedience to God. ~Benjamin Franklin
In this world its not faith that saves us but Defiance. ~Benjamin Franklin
Sex.  In America an obsession.  In other parts of the world a fact.  ~Marlene Dietrich
To hear many religious people talk, one would think God created the torso, head, legs and arms, but the devil slapped on the genitals.  ~Don Schrader
No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln

Julles

Hello! Yes, there is always room. :) It would be nice to fill in the pack again, but no pressure. We are accepting all kinds of characters at the moment.

MagicalMayham

I was thinking about playing two characters, maybe a pure male wolf and a human girl who his family adopted? So she would wasn't to change sooner or later...Just an idea. Either way I would like to play two, as said before a pure male and a human female. I will have my CS in tomorrow.
Rebellion against a tyrant is obedience to God. ~Benjamin Franklin
In this world its not faith that saves us but Defiance. ~Benjamin Franklin
Sex.  In America an obsession.  In other parts of the world a fact.  ~Marlene Dietrich
To hear many religious people talk, one would think God created the torso, head, legs and arms, but the devil slapped on the genitals.  ~Don Schrader
No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln