Dark Heresy: Shadows of the Tyrant

Started by Dakkon, January 10, 2014, 02:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakkon

=I= see you…

After being singled out and inducted into the service of the Inquisition, things have not quite gone as you had imagined them. Removed from your past life, you have been tested and measured, questioned and interrogated. But aside from a few lectures given in darkened chambers that left you sick to your stomach and a seemingly endless stream of codes and ciphers given you to memorize and destroy, you have been left largely to your own devices. Lodging under a false name on your home planet, you have bided your time for weeks waiting for the call from your masters, and perhaps, their verdict.
At last that call has come and a blankeyed courier has delivered to you a note featuring the cipher of the Holy Ordos. The message within was simple and perfunctory, containing a time, a date and a location and instruct you to come prepared for space transport.
Launched into orbit, then the horror of deep space, you see few other passengers upon your ship and receive no other instructions for what seems like infinity. Instructions finally come, however, as a data slate message instructs to make haste to the Naval officer’s meeting room and expect company, It is signed off with a single epithet…
—The Emperor Protects

Number of Players: Four
Stat Generation: You can either roll for stats, or use Rouge Trader’s point buy system, where you start with 100 points and can assign nor more than 20 to each of your stats instead of rolling 2d10 for each.
Starting Experience: 400 EXP, as per normal character creation rules
Starting Thrones: Three months pay. These Acolytes have had some time to train and save money, and are generally well prepared.
Books Usable: Any.
Paths Usable: Any.
Advanced Rules: Alternate Career Paths that are available from first level may be utilized. Background packages may be taken. Elite Advances may not be taken yet, but they can be at a later date.
Skill Challenges: I use a skill challenge system created by Mystic Theurge Publications. You can find the description in the link below.
http://mystictheurge.wordpress.com/2013/11/30/patreon-content-skill-challenge-handbook/

Extras to Include:
- Please list if your character is generally Conservative, Moderate or Radical and which of the Holy Ordos they aim to serve.
- Please include at least two groups that your character is connected to in some way other than the Inquisition.
-Please provide brief descriptions of at least two Inquisitors who your character believes may be the shadowy sponsor behind your cell. These should be in a separate section from the rest of your background

I’d like to give GMing a Dark Heresy PbP game a shot and I’m going to hedge my bets and say that some people would be interested here. I plan on recruiting for this game until January 23rd, at which point I’ll take a look at what people are offering and try to pick out a reasonable group. If you are interested, please post a completed character sheet, along with background and picture of your character in this thread.

And may the Emperor Protect.

Sample Character Sheet:

[b]Name:[/b] [b]Age: [/b]

[b]Homeworld:[/b]                      ([i]World Type[/i])
[u]WS:[/u]  [u]BS:[/u]  [u]STR:[/u]  [u]T:[/u]  [u]AG:[/u]  [u]INT:[/u]  [u]PER:[/u]  [u]WP:[/u] [u] FEL:[/u]
[i]Corruption: [/i] [i]Insanity: [/i]
[i]Tarot:[/i]
[i]Income Level:[/i]

[b]Experience (Unspent/Total):[/b]

[b]Traits:[/b]

[b]Talents:[/b]

[b]Basic Skills:[/b]

[b]Trained Skills:[/b]

[b]Equipment:[/b]

[u][b]Background[/b][/u]

[b]Desired Ordos:[/b] (Can be any, not just the big three)

[u][b]
Personality[/b][/u]

[b][u]Appearance[/u][/b]

[b]Height:[/b]

[b]Build:[/b]

[b]Hair Color:[/b]

[b]Eye Color:[/b]

[u][b]Group Associations:[/b][/u]

[b]Inquisitor 1:[/b]

[b]Inquisitor 2:[/b]

[b]Orientation:[/b]

[b]Other Notes:[/b]

[b]Notes to GM:[/b]

SGTDan

Definitely interested

All these 40k games popping, I'm beside myself with glee.

“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Interested but won't have time to work on anything until Monday.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Dakkon

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 11, 2014, 12:33:46 AM
Interested but won't have time to work on anything until Monday.

Good thing you've got tons of time then! I've modified the original post a bit, and included some alternate rules for stat generation.

Terian

Interested, do you have a general idea of what kind of game we can expect here?

Is it going to be all creeping around and scrabbling for every scrap of advantage we can beg, borrow, or steal?  Or are we going to be a bit better supported and expected to handle issues bigger then "Street Level?"

Dakkon

I'm planning on going bigger scale. It will take some time to amp up, and I'm planning on starting with Shattered Hope and possibly Edge of Darkness since I haven't GMed Dark Heresy in a long, long time... but I have an idea where I want the plot to go. You'll have support for sure.

Terian

Hmm, fair enough, I'll think about tossing something together.

Muse

I'd be interested. 

Has anyone thought about classes yet? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

SGTDan

Going Gaurdsmen here

Elysian Drop Trooper for something different.
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Terian

Huh, I was thinking of doing Guardsman :(  Should have called it last night.

Wargtass

Definitely interested. Going Arbites if I can help it.
O/O

ShadowFox89

Going to roll first then go point buy if that sucks, if that's alright... Probably going Assassin.

Rolls-
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Roll 1: 6
Roll 2: 15
Roll 3: 9
Roll 4: 10
Roll 5: 12
Roll 6: 19
Roll 7: 14
Roll 8: 7
Roll 9: 2 22
Roll 10: 16

Well, getting rid of that 2, that's 108pts worth which isn't bad. The 6, 7, and 9 are going to be a pain in the ass but I think I can work with it. Gives me an average of 32, which means I think I'll keep this array.
Fate point roll: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=53588
Wounds: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=53589
Income Roll: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=53590
Tarot Roll: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=53591

Starting Package
Skills: Speak Language (Low Gothic), Awareness, Dodge
Talents: Melee Weapon Training (Primitive), Unremarkable, Pistol Training (Las), Basic Weapon Training (SP), Pistol Training (SP)
Equipment: Hunting Rifle + 16 rounds, knife, 3 doses of stimm, charm (corpse hair), black bodyglove (common quality clothing)

Name:               Age:
Homeworld:                      (World Type)
WS: 35 BS: 39 STR: 34 T: 32 AG: 36 INT: 26 PER: 29 WP: 30 FEL: 30
Corruption:       Insanity:
Tarot: "Be a boon to your fellows and a bane to your enemies" +3 fellowship
Income Level: 133 Throne Gelt/month
Fate Points: 2
Wounds: 12

Experience (Unspent/Total):

Traits:

Talents:

Basic Skills:

Trained Skills:

Equipment:

Background

Desired Ordos: (Can be any, not just the big three)

Personality

Appearance

Height: 1.75m

Build: Svelte (65kg)

Hair Color:

Eye Color:

Group Associations:

Inquisitor 1:

Inquisitor 2:

Orientation:

Other Notes:

Notes to GM:
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Dakkon

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 11, 2014, 08:24:03 AM
Going to roll first then go point buy if that sucks, if that's alright... Probably going Assassin.
That's more or less the point. That way no one feels like the heresy rolls of the dice, or they have a particular idea in mind, they don't have to worry about the dice not giving them a good spread.

ShadowFox89

There is some temptation to spending most of my starting funds on armor.... Though I'll probably end up switching my starting knife to a sword, upgrading that to a mono-sword, getting a melee attachment for my auto-cannon, and then getting a mono-knife as a backup weapon.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

HairyHeretic

Room for one more? Since you seem to have plenty of martial inclined characters, I'd probably be interested in an Adeptus Mechanicus, Psycher or Adept.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Dakkon

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 11, 2014, 09:12:53 AM
Room for one more? Since you seem to have plenty of martial inclined characters, I'd probably be interested in an Adeptus Mechanicus, Psycher or Adept.
I'm not going to pick out a party for about two weeks, so toss something up! All three would be useful.

ShadowFox89

Might switch to a Sister of Battle too... wouldn't change my setup as it is since I haven't done much work. Depends if we want a rather stealthy-inclined character or not.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Dakkon

Since I'm betting that not everyone has the most recent Inquisition codex, here is a summery of all the Minor Ordos I know of, most of whom where introduced in that book. Each has a brief description, just incase anyone is interested in one of them instead of the big three.
Minor Ordos A to N
Minor Ordos O to Z

ChaoticSky

Oh gods, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Ill Make time for this!

SOB or Techpriest here.

Depending on how shadow and hairy fall.

SGTDan

Quote from: Darkling on January 11, 2014, 08:25:48 PM

SOB or Techpriest here.

A SOB?

Man who knew that would be a popular choice.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ChaoticSky

I think only me and shadow have a interest, though i like assassins too, so if he wants the sister he can have her.

I like the faithy themes.  O:)

SGTDan

Faithy is interesting concerning the Radical twist my character took as I am working on him.

Brides of the Emperor, not sure how much I would enjoy being married to a skeleton.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ChaoticSky

Quote from: SGTDan on January 11, 2014, 08:39:54 PM
Faithy is interesting concerning the Radical twist my character took as I am working on him.

Brides of the Emperor, not sure how much I would enjoy being married to a skeleton.
depends on how vigorous the skeleton is. Alittle Rigour can go a long way.  ;)

But that said, the Brides thing was from the Age of Apostasy, and a result of Vandire messing with their cult. When they use a moniker, they use the original 'daughters of the emperor'.

SGTDan

Great now I can't get that image out of my head...I think I just gained Insanity points.

That is true, I was using it as a joke. I like the Daughters much better anyway. I really thought the Bride thing was way too creepy (In a universe of creepy that's saying a lot).
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Darkling on January 11, 2014, 08:25:48 PM

SOB or Techpriest here.

I can go with either, but since you want a techpriest and no one else seems interested in Adept, I'll go with Adept and leave the Techpriest to you.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ChaoticSky

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 11, 2014, 09:17:59 PM
I can go with either, but since you want a techpriest and no one else seems interested in Adept, I'll go with Adept and leave the Techpriest to you.
Shiney, ill go that way then.

Adepts are great to have around! I had a adorable nerd once, she was insanely smart but otherwise absent-minded and clumsy.... and then one day i scored RF on a headshot to a CSM with a revolver and killed it. After that everyone thought she was some kind of advanced agent acting like a clutz, good times. XD

SGTDan

Ha! Oh the memories Darkling of the pen and paper 40k games I have done. Some of them will stay with me forever, like Only War were my Stormtrooper and the Commissar were having an affair.

or the one Dark Heresy game where my Guardsmen fell in love with the Techpreist, things got awkward with the group whenever that came up.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Dakkon

Quote from: SGTDan on January 11, 2014, 08:39:54 PM

It's always interesting when the imperial faithful and radials intersect, especially since they are usually considered diametric opposites.

Quote from: SGTDan on January 11, 2014, 09:41:09 PM
Ha! Oh the memories Darkling of the pen and paper 40k games I have done. Some of them will stay with me forever, like Only War were my Stormtrooper and the Commissar were having an affair.

or the one Dark Heresy game where my Guardsmen fell in love with the Techpreist, things got awkward with the group whenever that came up.

Hehe, I'm sure similar shenanigans will happen here, as long as the game keeps going. I'm hoping that the NPCs that I've got planned prove equally as memorable.

And on a completely unrelated note (besides there being only WAR!) this is hilarious!

SGTDan

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Dakkon

ShadowFox89

I think I'll stick with my assassin then, we need someone stealthy. Any suggestions as to how I should spend my XP? I plan on my *rolls* gal being the stealthy type of assassin who will either sneak up to you and stab you in the back or shoot you with a silenced hunting rifle from a good distance away.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Dakkon

Sounds like you'd be more likely to go with the Death Adpet branch once we hit Rank 6 then. Maybe look at those an see what prerequisites you can start knocking off for advances later on. If I were going that route, I'd be almost tempted to take the quick play package and swap Sound Constitution or Inquiry for Silent Move.

SGTDan

Also don't worry guys, I got our crazy covered in spades...

;D

Just going to let that sink in
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Dakkon

Dark Heresy: The game of the Insane fighting the slightly more Insane.

SGTDan

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Quote from: FallenDabus on January 11, 2014, 11:49:05 PM
Sounds like you'd be more likely to go with the Death Adpet branch once we hit Rank 6 then. Maybe look at those an see what prerequisites you can start knocking off for advances later on. If I were going that route, I'd be almost tempted to take the quick play package and swap Sound Constitution or Inquiry for Silent Move.

Hmm.. what about gear? I was thinking of sticking a silencer on my rifle, slapping mono on my knife, buying a lasgun, and getting a mesh vest.

Adding mono to the knife is 40, silencer is 10, and mesh vest is 150... I could get a Mesh Cowl for 100, then have 99 thrones left for some flak gloves. The only area not armored would be my legs >.> Would there possibly be flak boots?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Dakkon

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 12, 2014, 12:48:49 AM
Hmm.. what about gear? I was thinking of sticking a silencer on my rifle, slapping mono on my knife, buying a lasgun, and getting a mesh vest.

Adding mono to the knife is 40, silencer is 10, and mesh vest is 150... I could get a Mesh Cowl for 100, then have 99 thrones left for some flak gloves. The only area not armored would be my legs >.> Would there possibly be flak boots?

Hmm, if you can free up one throne, Mirker’s Greaves (pg 125 IH) could work. Although, Flak Boots for 30 sound about right?

Also, there are two resources here that some of you may be interested in that I totally forgot about now. 

The Lost Dataslate provides information on the Forge Worlds of the Calixis Sector, as well as variant Homeworld Traits for those Forge Worlds, amongst other things.

Salvation Demands Sacrifice wouldn't get used until later, but it offers a couple of alternate career paths.

ChaoticSky

i knew about those, not sure if ill use lost dataslate on my character or not though :D

HairyHeretic

Finished, I hope :)

Name: Sevatar Khansin    Age: 23

Homeworld:   88 Tanstar                    (World Type)  Schola Progenium - Naval Depot
WS: 29  BS: 34  STR: 24  T: 31  AG: 32  INT: 41 PER: 34  WP:37 FEL: 33
Corruption: 6   Insanity: 1
Wounds 9        Fate Points 2
Tarot: Die if you must, but not with your spirit broken
Income Level:

Experience (Unspent/Total): 0/400

Traits:
Tutored in the Profane
Skill at Arms
Conditioned Mind
Tempered Will

Talents:
Resistance (Psychic powers)
Strong Minded
Foresight
Basic Weapon training (Las)
Melee weapon training (Primitive)
Pistol training (Las, SP)
Light Sleeper
Unremarkable

Basic Skills:
Forbidden Lore (Cults, Deamonology, Heresy, Psykers, Warp, Xenos) (Int)
Common Lore (Tech) (Int)

Trained Skills:
Common Lore (Imperium) (Int)
Drive (Ground vehicle) (Ag)
Literacy (Int)
Pilot (Civilian craft) (Ag)
Scholastic Lore (Legend) (Int)
Speak Language (Low Gothic, High Gothic, Eldar) (Int)
Trade (Copyist) (Int)

Equipment:
321 thrones (285 spent)
Xeno mesh armour (AP4 arms, body, legs)
Stub automatic (50) + 3 spare clips (30) + silencer (10)
Knife (5)
Administratum robes
Common street clothing (?)
Auspex (145)
Dataslate (25)
Microbead (20)
Chrono
Writing kit
Illuminated Tome
Backpack

Background
Blighted Schola
Cold Trade

Desired Ordos: Leaning towards Xenos

Personality
Sevatar is a fair unremarkable young man, at least in physical terms, which is exactly what he is supposed to be. This allows him to blend into almost any crowd without standing out. He is not particularly talkative, and can frequently be found browsing a dataslate if he does not have anything more pressing to do. When he comes to know someone he is inclined to be more socialable. He is quite fond of trivia, tends to know a little bit about a lot of things, and has won a few thrones in trivia games.

At least, that is the facade he presents. Behind the unassuming face and easy going manner is a mind as cold and calculating as a a cogitator, backed up by a will that knows any action is justifiable if it serves a higher purpose, and everyone is ultimately expendable. When necessary, he is quite capable of cold blooded murder, prefering the (silenced) stub automatic he carries.

Appearance

Height: 5'9
Build: Average
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Dark brown

History
Sevatar was raised in one of the smaller Schola Progenium on the Naval Depot 88 Tanstar, Saint Drusus's. If asked, he will talk about the things any Scholar would, harsh drill Abbots, endless test, the rigorous training of mind and body that turns orphans into productive Imperial citizens. He still remembers the other training, the lessons on things that would turn any Puritan white, but only in his dreams. Much of that knowledge lies locked away in his head, there til he needs it.

He has little memory of his parents. He believes they were voidfarers, perhaps Battlefleet, but has never been able to find out exactly what. By the time he left the Schola, he had little curiosity about that any more.

To his surprise, while most of his classmates entered the ranks of the Guard or the Administratum, he found himself being assigned to the fleet of the House of Ramirez, Rogue Traders of some note. Before leaving, he sought out Scholar-Abott Venn, the tutor he had gotten along best with, and asked why his assignment was so different to the rest of the class. Venn looked down into him and said calmly "I can't say." He then gave a small shrug. "Those are the orders you have been given, your's is not to question them. I am sure you will find this service one that suits you."

Sevatar was brought aboard with a dozen other Ensigns, and tutored in all aspects of shipboard life, trade and command. He was assigned as The Ramirez's personal ensign, carrying out whatever tasks were required, and learning quietly in the background all the time.

Group Associations:
Rogue Trader Juan Sanchez Ramirez

The Ramirez family have held a Warrant of Trade for since the Calixis sector was brought under Imperial control, their fleet of a dozen or so ships carrying all kinds of cargo across the entire sector. The flagship is Attero Dominatus, The Ramirez's own command, and a match for anything up to the size of a light cruiser.
The current Ramirez seems to have almost a 6th sense for finding salvage, wreckage of ships long lost to the void that often yield valuable cargo, and the occasional victims of pirates and raiders. Indeed, the freighter 'Dutiful Son' he found drifting, the only sign of the crew being a handfull of bloodstains on the floor. He put a prize crew onboard it and brought it back to port, though keeping a crew on it is hard, as it has a bad reputation. Some crewmen leave after only a single voyage, claiming to see the shades of the former crew, or hear inexplicable noises. He has replaced as many of the non essential roles with servitors as he can, but still needs to keep a few real void sailors aboard.

The Eldar Ranger, Amarial

Sevatar encountered Amarial in a small station outpost in the Merates Cluster. Ramirez had been docked there for resupply, and had given Sevatar leave to explore the station, with the same admonition he gave all the crew he was letting off the ship "Don't get into trouble you can't talk or fight your way out of, don't get killed and be back aboard in 12 hours or you'll be left behind."
While exploring the seedier side of an already seedy station, he happened across a quiet back-alley deal, the sale of what looked to be a perfectly functional Eldar shuriken pistol. His curiosity roused, he trailed the seller back to what appeared to be their base of operations. When the lights went out, a couple of hours later, he cautiously broke in, using his tech skills to disable the alarms and then the locks.
With his silenced pistol he killed the 4 men he found inside while they slept, and chained securely in a dingy, windowless box that barely fit the word room he found the much abused Amarial. To this day, he does not know entirely why he freed her from her captivity and smuggled her back onto his ship. Four months later he smuggled her back off the ship, leaving her on the world of Fedrid. As she crossed the treeline from the Port into the jungle itself she turned and spoke the second word she had ever said to him (the first being "Here" when they arrived in orbit of Fedrid). "Why?", in accented but perfectly understandable Low Gothic.
He answered the with the only truth he had. "It was necessary". She nodded once, pressed a small jewel into his hand, and disappeared into the jungle. The jewel he had set in a small broach which he wears as a keepsake. Anyone who asks about it he says it a memento of a woman he once knew, and does not like to talk about it.
Since that time, he has spotted her twice, two years later on Ganf Magna and again 6 months ago on Vaxanide, now dressed in what he recognizes as typical Ranger garb.

Second Lieutenant Sabbatine Macharia of the Battlefleet Calixus Lunar Class Cruiser 'His Will'.

Sabbatine was perhaps Sevatar's only real close friend at the Schola, much more physically adept than her studious friend. Though the two were approximately of the same age, she treated him as a younger brother, and the two have kept in touch (infrequently) since she joined the Fleet Academy, and he the enterage of Rogue Trader Ramirez.

Inquisitor 1:
Restricted. Enter Inquisitorial override to continue
Name: Lilith Quiyie
Ordo: Xenos
Faction: Ocularian
Female: Extremely attractive, wears clothing that flatters her form. Believed to have subtle mechanicus implants including haptic interface and pheromone generators. Probable psyker, grade unknown. Xenos specialty - Eldar.

Inquisitor 2:
Restricted. Enter Inquisitorial override to continue
Name: Karis Demetros
Ordo: Hereticus
Faction: Seculos Attendous (Radicals Handbook P126)
Male, appears mid 40s, left side of face shows extensive scaring, right side covered by metal plate, cybernetic eye. Normally carries ornate bolt pistol and several digital weapons, as well as a power mace.

Orientation:
Radical

Other Notes:

Notes to GM:

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Dakkon

Looking cool! One other thing I didn't mention before is that I'm a big travel person, so I'd like to explore a variety of locals in the Sector. I've got a few picked out that I want to hit for sure, but if anyone has suggestions, I'm more than open to them!

SGTDan

I love travel in 40k!

I mean who doesn't love the warp, it's all warm and fuzzy, full of care bears who just want to show you affection. It's truly a magical place.

Spoilers
I'm being sarcastic
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ChaoticSky

I hope that spoiler was unnecessary XD

Question, do you mind if we use our own sheets? i have one im particularly fond of.  ;D

Dakkon

Not at all! Just make sure you include the extra stuff I've asked for if you use it.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

Well I should be done this sometime today

What is your sheet Darkling? I'm curious.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

I just noticed that I get a sword AND knife...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 12, 2014, 02:39:58 PM
I just noticed that I get a sword AND knife...
Look out we have a high roller!
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ChaoticSky

Ive been eyeing Factor altrank, its a rather different approach... so i was wondering if we had any one planning on being a social type?

SGTDan

Not here...my man is the most anti social person to ever life.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

HairyHeretic

I think I can fake doing social ;)

With my background I'm thinking sociopath is probably closer to the mark mind you ;)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ChaoticSky

Heh, why do i get the feeling im going to be the only nice person here? XD

Wargtass

Well, I can't say my Arbitrator looks very mean for so far as I have come now. :P
O/O

SGTDan

Hey I'm a nice guy...as long as you're not a demon or a demon wearing human skin...or a daemon worshiping human...

I mean that doesn't make one a bad guy right? Hating daemons is totes normal.

Also on a whim...

I think the word nice is um usually never referred to a persons disposition in 40k
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Terian

Decided to go Guardsman after all, and I'll fight anyone who tries to compete with me on it :|

Not quite finished yet, but here's what I've got so far.  Gearwise, we have our starting Thrones (72 in my case) + 3 months pay, right?

Name: Morrigan Novis            Age: 26

Homeworld: Orien III                          (Imperial World: War Zone)
WS: 30  BS: 39  STR: 32  T: 36  AG: 33  INT: 32  PER: 25  WP: 31 FEL: 33
Corruption: 0      Insanity: 0
Tarot: Men must die so that Man Endures (+3 Toughness)
Income Level: Military (50 Thrones + 5 per Rank)
Wounds: 12
Fate: 2

Traits:

Talents:
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Pistol Training (Las)
Basic Weapon Training (Las)
Basic Weapon Training (SP)
Sound Constitution x3

Basic Skills:
Common Lore (Imperial Creed) (Int)
Speak Language (High Gothic) (Int)
Common Lore (War) (Int)
Common Lore (Imperial) (Int)
Literacy (Int)

Trained Skills:
Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)
Drive (Ground Vehicle) (Ag)

Equipment:
Minerva-Aegis Las Carbine (1 Charge Pack) (150 Thrones)
--Mono Melee Attachment (65 Thrones)
Shotgun (12 Shells)
Knife
Guard Flak Armour
Uniform
1 week Rations
Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer
Respirator (25 Thrones)
3x Frag Grenades (30 Thrones)
3x Extra Charge Packs (45 Thrones)

Background

Desired Ordos: Xenos

Personality
Sanguine

Appearance

Height: 5'8

Build: Fit

Hair Color: Brown

Eye Color: Violet

Group Associations:

Inquisitor 1:

Inquisitor 2:

Orientation:  Moderate (Leaning Puritan)

Other Notes:

Notes to GM:

SGTDan

Quote from: Terian on January 12, 2014, 06:49:37 PM
Decided to go Guardsman after all, and I'll fight anyone who tries to compete with me on it :|

Throws down a white glove

I challenge ye to a duel!
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ChaoticSky

Got sidetracked, and her personality isnt in, otherwise everything is done!
Sarah Levin
Electro-Priest Sarah, Jr Factor
Player:Darkling
Homeworld:Forge World (+3 WP. Technical Knock. -10 on Creed related tests, -5 social tests against priests. )
Background:Belacane (ExWepTraining(Stasis Nade and Choice))
Tarot“The only true fear is of dying with your duty not done.” +2 W
Career:Tech-Priest (1:Factor)
Build:Lusty
Height:5'6"
Skin:Pale
Hair:Blonde
Eyes:Blue

Bio

History
Sara was born the only child of a middle rank electro-priest on the forge world of Belacane, and as a child her father (when he was around) would entertain her with crackling arcs of electromotive essence, she grew up idolizing him and worked hard to follow in his footsteps. The young girl studied long and diligently, cleaving to the precepts of the machine cult and prayed fervently every day that she would be selected to become a Electro-Priest like her father, and learn the sacred arts of giving life to hallowed Machines, perhaps to one day even become a Magos Cybernetica. And through devotion and dedication, to say nothing of her talent, she succeeded, passing above the ranks of the common masses and joining the Machine Cult as a young Electro-Priest, apprenticed under her father, who it need not be said, was very proud of her.

Unfortunately, such a ideal state of affairs was not to last for long. The implantation of the full body electoo-grid that marks a Electro-Priest from their peers also highlighted a critical flaw in her personality. While she may have presented a suitably emotionless and detached visage... this was less a genuine embrace of the principles of the Machine Cult and more a studied act that she had perfected over the course of her early years. The issue, ironically, was her religious frevor, a far cry from the measured respect and uncompromising faith that the Mechanicus expect, indeed it was more like what you would expect from a Imperial zealot, and to make matters worse, many other emotions had become tied up in her faith over the years... leaving her with a crippling Weakness of Flesh that could not be easily excised. Her lack of true control became immediately obvious with her electoogrid, however studied her coutenance might be, the grid was wired into her brain, and reacted to her emotions; most noteably excitement and anger, which could cause her to glow or spark unintentionally.

Electri-Priests are called upon for three main services; To enliven the bodies of new machines, to revitalize old or mistreated spirits, and to demonstrate the power of Machine Animus to the enemies of the Omnissiah. The Third she could execute well enough, but the first two were rituals of the utmost delicacy, a spark at the wrong moment could slay a wounded spirit, or banish one before it has probably bonded to its material frame. With her unable to properly control her own implants, there was no way she could be called upon to perform these duties. On the flipside, she had already been initiated into some of the cults higher mysteries, so she couldnt simply be expelled, and to make matters worse, she showed strident devotion to their calling, a keen intellect and other highly desirable traits. Those who stood in judgement of her considered having her converted to a Servitor, but in the end they decided to reassign her instead, to somewhere that her... weakness would not endanger others and where it would infact, be a asset. Perhaps one day she would find the necessary enlightenment to put her weakness aside in truth, otherwise... she would serve well enough as a Factor

Its the hard truth of the Mechanicus that each individual is assigned a role in life according to their abilities, and flaws, and no amount of desire can override blunt assessment. So it was that Sarah was stripped of her position as a initate Electro-priest and reassigned to become a Factor, a move that also tore her away from her father in one fell decision. She was allowed to keep her Electoo-Grid, since removing it would cause more damage to her dermis than was preferred, though the once obvious lines where covered over with newly grown flesh and the enhanced potentia coil that had once powered it swapped out for a more common class, on top of which she was coded with limiters to severely retard her ability to interface with the system, all together effectively stripping her of the power she had once been able to channel. To add insult to injury, many other modifications where removed or subsumed into her body, to return her to the humanoid appearance considered ideal for a Factor. She often jokes that growing her hair back and learning how to wash it was the hardest part of the process... but her humour hides a deeper pain.

That said, she was no slackard, and devoted herself to her new studies with similar determination if not excitement, and her new mentor proved a capable teacher, teaching her how to interact with nonmechanicus and facilitate communication and diplomacy between the two groups. She was ordained to work with the Munitorum, as much of the mechanicus' produce is consumed by the imperial war machine, and good communication has always been a vital part of that arrangement. Such was the duty that she would be entrusted with, though it was distant from the Quest for Knowledge, it was none the less a vial part of allowing the Quest to continue uninterrupted by the demands of the unenlightened. Unfortunately liaisoning with a organization whos purpose is War is not always the safest prospect, and recently her mentor was killed when a recidivist bomb exploded in a munitions store where he was negotiating quotas. After that, Sarah waited for the Forge to assign her a new mentor... there were many Factors who worked with the Munitorum... but instead she got a message coded in Binary with high level Mechanicus Signifiers instructing her to offer in the inquisition her full support... and mere moments later, came the order from the Inquisition that set her life on a new course.

Personality
Sarah is cheerful and dedicated to the Mechanicus, despite the setbacks in her life. Her manner is friendly and open, and she generally enjoys being sociable with others, it is after all... her purpose. That said, it would be wise to keep in mind that she doesnt have all her proverbial pins lined up the way a human might expect, and her behaviour can seem erratic or cold at times, shes easily distracted and not hard to send off on wild tangents of topic and conversation. Her dedication to the ideals of the mechanicus is near absolute, and while she upholds the ideals put forth in its cult and would defend the Omnissiah as vehemently as imperials defend the Emperor, the focus on seeking knowledge means that she can become enamoured of inanimate relics that might be best left alone, and produces a certain degree of... distance from imperial heresies, making her less violent on the face of it. Hereteks however....

Appearance
Sarah appears as she does in the image, often wearing white robes wit ha red trim (as befits her novice rank within the admech), and armed with a large sword which, while intended for ceremonial purposes, shes quite proficient with it. All of her augmetics are hidden within her body, leaving her appearing the same as a unaugmented human. However, when experiencing strong emotions, particularly excitement and anger, the array of electoos just below her skin light up, and may even begin sparking gently, they crisscross her entire body from head to foot (think lots and lots of Tron Lines), but are normally invisible. Her hairstyle is actually a result of this, the two side-tails intended as a measure to prevent static from playing merry hell with her hair.

Character Stats

Characteristics
Stat
BaseAllocModsTotal
Weapon Skill2015-35
Ballistic Skill200-20
Strength2010-30
Toughness2010+5*35
Agility2010-30
Intelligence2020-40
Perception208-28
Willpower207+330
Fellowship2020+5*45
Wounds75+214/14
Fate7-0-2/2
*Indicates total Advances/SCs
Movement Rates:

Insanity: 0
Corruption: 0

Skills
Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int),
Secret Tongue (Tech) (Int)
Trade (Scrimshawer) (Ag)
Literacy (Int)
Tech-Use (Int)
Charm (Fel)

Talents
Basic Weapon Training (Las)
Exotic Weapon Training (Stasis Grenade, Integrated Melee Weapon)
Pistol Training (Las)
Peer (Military)
Technical Knock
Electro Graft Use

Traits
Mechanicus Implants
-Electro-Graft: Special Electoos that allow for machine data interface.
-Electoo Inductors: Can be used to emit or siphon power in many ways.
-Respirator Unit: Purifies your air, giving +20 to resist airborne toxins and gases.It also contains a vox-synthesiser capable of transmitting your voice in a variety of ways.
-Cyber-Mantle: Mechadendrite anchour point.
-Potentia Coil: Store energy and produce various types of fields.
-Cranial Circuitry: Augments mental capacity
Fabricated Flesh
-Appear unaugmented
-Requires a -20 Scrutiny Test to notice mechanical parts
-As long as others do not notice, gain +5 to interact with nonMechanicus humans
Equipment

Weapons
Las Pistol (Pistol. 30m. S/-/-. 1d10+2E 0Pen. 30shots/FullRld. Reliable. 1.5kg.)
Bastard Sword (Melee. 1d10+1R Pen 3. 5kg)
-Mono

Armour
Mesh Combat Cloak (4AP All. 1.5kg)

Gear
Mechanicus Robes(GC Clothing)
Glow Lamp
Data-Slate
1d10 spare parts (power cells, wires, chronometers etc)
Vial of Sacred Machine Oil.

Augmentations

Experience & Acquisitions

Experience
Total Exp Spent: 400
Rank 1
>Starting 400 Exp
Charm [100]
Peer (Military) [100]
Simple Toughness Adv [100]
Simple Fellowship Adv [100]

Acquisitions
Starting Thrones: 744
>Starting: 604
+Sold Staff for +10
+Sold Lascarbine for +75
+Sold Knife for +5
+Sold Flack Vest for +50
-Mesh Combat Cloak -350
-Bastard Sword -50
-Mono -40
=204

Gm Stuff

Orientation: Moderate; Shes a devote follower of the Omnissiah, and would never engage in tech-heresy... that said, she does have typical admech magpie syndrome when it comes to exotic technology, and doesnt have strong feelings towards puritian/radicalism that may polarize people who believe in the Imperial Creed.
Desired Ordos: Malleus or Xenos, Or to be perfectly greedy; Ordo Machinum. (or even the Lords Dragon)
Group Associations: Adeptus Mechanicus (nowai!) and Departmento Munitorum
Inquisitor 1:1: Inquisitor Villie Von Vomos
An Ordo Xenos Inquisitor who has a known interest in technology and mechanicus dealings, Vomos has fought and undermined the Enemy Without for decades, and frequently consults with the Mechanicus for input on alien mechanisms, seeking to understand their strengths and weaknesses. To her mind, the alien has nothing of value in and of its self, lacking the divine grace of Mankind, and their faith in the Emperor, so the question becomes; Why then, are they so often successful? Why have we not eradicated them? The answer, she posits, is in their technology. While she refrains from stating flat out where her opinion lies on the validity of xenos tech, she does make a great effort to study it, leaning its strength and weaknesses... if not its function. Supposedly.

Inquisitor 2:

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Darkling on January 12, 2014, 04:44:07 PM
Ive been eyeing Factor altrank, its a rather different approach... so i was wondering if we had any one planning on being a social type?

I could do some social, but I'm an assassin.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

Nah, factor is the mechanicus-diplomat rank, so between me being nice, and hairy being psycho, we should be good ^^

SGTDan

Quote from: Darkling on January 12, 2014, 07:37:42 PM
Nah, factor is the mechanicus-diplomat rank, so between me being nice, and hairy being psycho, we should be good ^^
Mechanicus and dipolmat?

Something about that doesn't quite compute...
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Terian

Factor of the Lathes, it's an Alternate Start to Tech-Priest that front-loads them with actual social skills and the ability to raise their fellowship.  Also comes with a trait that makes their augmentations subtle by default.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: SGTDan on January 12, 2014, 07:42:30 PM
Mechanicus and dipolmat?

Something about that doesn't quite compute...
They crop up a few times in the newer fluff and fiction, in Lathe Worlds it says they came about a result of a diplomatic incident where a imperial offical mistook a particularly venerable magos for a malfunctioning cogitator... several orbital strikes later, someone had the bright idea of creating a specialized caste of the Admech to handle such matters in the future because A) they make specialists for everything B) Important People have better things to do than talk to flappy fleshbags. Factors are just as heavily augmented as their fellows, but Great pains are taken to make them look as mundane as possible, most of their implants are hidden within their bodies, even normally bulky things like Potentia Coils, and augmetic limbs are covered in skin Terminator-style. If something cant be hidden, they try to make it a unobtrusive as possible. Technically speaking they devote themselves to mastering communication, both mechanicus style and normal human style, in the same sense that different orders focus on mastering certain sciences, like genetors. Personally though i figure is probably where they dump anyone who isnt emotionless enough XD

SGTDan

That would explain that, I'm not up top date with recent fluff
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

SGTDan

Schola Style
Name: Tarkus Antoz      Age: 28

Homeworld:         (Schola Progenium) Family's Fate: Not Spoken Of
WS: 3BS: 3STR: 32 T: 28 AG: 31 INT: 31 PER: 25 WP: 40 FEL: 34
Corruption: 4   Insanity: 5
Tarot:  “The pain of the bullet is ecstasy compared to damnation.” Increase Toughness by +1.
Fate Points: 4
Income Level: Gaurdsmen
Wounds: 10
Movement: 3/6/9/18

Traits:
Schola Education- A progeny’s mind is the product of years of careful instruction in the fundamentals of knowledge and learning.
Effect: Common Lore (Administratum) (Int), Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy) (Int), Common Lore (Imperial Creed) (Int), Common Lore (Imperium) (Int), Common Lore (War) (Int), and Scholastic Lore (Philosophy) (Int) are Basic Skills for you.

Skill at Arms- All progena are instructed by grizzled drill abbots in the arts needed to defend the Emperor’s truth and, no matter what their calling, all are willing and able to shed blood if needed.
Effect: You begin play with the Basic Weapon Training (Las or SP), Melee Weapon Training (Primitive), and Pistol Training (Las or SP) talents.

Sheltered Upbringing- Despite their extremely well-rounded education, the progena are largely ignorant of the Imperium’s worse elements, breeding a distain they can’t ever seem to manage to hide. 
Effect: You take a –10 penalty on all Charm, Command, Deceive and Scrutiny Tests when dealing with the worst of examples of humanity

Tempered Will- The harsh methods of the Schola Progenium chiefly aim to forge the most crucial weapon a servant of the Emperor has: an unbending will.
Effect: Whenever you would attempt a Very Hard (–30) Willpower Test, you only take a –20 penalty for your Characteristic instead of the normal –30.

Talents:
-Basic Weapon Training (Las, SP)
-Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
-Pistol Training (SP, Primitive)
-Resistance (Psychic Powers)

Basic Skills:
-Swim (S)

Trained Skills:
-Literacy (Int)
-Speak Language (High Gothic) (Int)
-Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)

Equipment:
Webbing
Webbing:
-“Bloody Mary” (Counts as a Stormchild)
-10 speed reloads
-Bolo Knife
-Accatran Pattern Mark IV Lasgun w/h lamp pack
-2 charge packs
-Lamp pack
-Compass
-5 Glo-sticks
-1 Ration Pack
-Protein Bars
-Entrenching tool
-Canteen
-Waterproof notebook with a worn pen
-Photograph of Antiz and a red headed guardswoman, playing cards in a trench that looks muddy but the sun is shining. They are looking towards the pictotaker holding up their recaff mugs in cheers. Bloodstained the back has "I'm sorry" in messy handwriting.
-Lighter
-Pack of Lho sticks
-Dataslate
-Bloodstained rock (Kept in a mesh pouch over his heart)

Worn on body
Worn:
-Keffiyeh
-Gloves
-Chrono
-Mircobead
-Whistle
-Guard Flak Armor (His helmet has tally marks on the left side while the profile of the suit of clubs is on the left in white paint. Right shoulder pauldron is dominated by a pin up over top of the red stripe donating his Noncom status. His right knee pad has the words "Well Hello There" crudely painted on, some stubborn blood has yet to be removed. )
-Combat Webbing
-Elysian Drop Trooper fatigues
-2 sets of dog tags
-Charm One golden heart with the words "Blaze" engraved neatly on it along with a golden disk with a date engraved on the front. They hang from the same chain as his dog tags. On the reverse side the disk has another date crudely carved into the soft metal while the heart has "Et ex mente tota, Sum presentialiter, Absens in remota" engraved on the back.

Backpack
Backpack:
-2 weeks of rations
-Imperial Infantryman’s Uplifting Primer
-Bedroll and blanket
-Personal Grooming Kit
-Mess Kit
-Weapon Maintenance Kit
-Tool Kit
-Playing Cards
-Wrapped bundle of letters
-Set of maps

Background/Personality
Audio Transcription of Initial Interview
++++++++++++++
Receiving Query
File named Interview, T. Antoz 1 found.
Beginning Playback....
Time of recording: 0900, 818.M41
Interviewer: Inquisitor -Redacted-
Format: Audio Only
++++++++++++The Emperor Protects++++++++++++

Door opens and closes then soft voices are heard. Mic is tapped. Scraping of a chair followed by coughing.

Inquisitor: "Sergeant please have a seat."

Silence for a minute followed by the sound of something hitting the table

I: "Alright, I take it you will stand then." Rustling of clothes followed by the beep of an dataslate "Let's confirm you are Sergeant Antoz."

Antoz: "Can I smoke sir?"

Clicking of a lighter followed by coughing then a deep inhale before an exhale.

A: "Jesus, never felt that good before. Go on with your questions Inquisitor."

I: "Right let's start with the basics, you were orphaned on a Imperial plan-"

A: "Not going to talk about my parents?"

Silence followed by another inhale and exhale before a low laugh

A: "Just like every other spook all silence and stares. One day it would be nice if someone told me why I had to grow up in the Schola, an explanation at least. If I'm going to die lonely at least give me something."

I: "Are you done Sergeant?" Silence but the sound of breathing "As I was saying you were orphaned then taken in by the Schola after finding you on their doorstep. Can you remember the date?"

A: " I believe it was sometime in the summer of the year 790, sir."

I: "Good, we can continue now that your identity is confirmed." Beeping of a dataslate "Your childhood was predominantly spent training to be a progena. Several of the records here from your Drill Abbots remark that innate skill at fighting in melee, while your teachers remark that your intelligence was average at best. Grades suggest you struggled to grasp most of the book learning but the field exercises you exceed at."

A: "Not like I wanted to sit in a room of dusty tomes anyway, I preferred the thrill of learning things the hard way. No offense Inquisitor of course."

I: "None taken, here there are several remarks about a fellow classmate, Castilla. Apparently several of your instructors were concerned she would be a distraction. Say here that you two started spending more and more time together. Out of class you two were seen sneaking off to the rec room. Comments, Sergeant?"

A: "Blaze...." Silence followed a puff then something grinding into the ground. Sound of the lighter again.

I: "Yes, that was her nickname because of her hair, correct?" Inhale and exhale "What was your relationship with her?"

A: "She was a friend and the only person that cared about me. She gave me something I was missing, a place to belong."

I: "Dangerous road, Sergeant, but I am sure the priests warned you of such feelings."

Snorting

I: "It was also recorded that you had impressive will. Several incidents of you not being effected by nearby pyskers which is impressive. Alright moving down the line. Ah this is interesting it says you and Castilla were caught trying to sneak off of school grounds without permission. Noted that you tried to take the fall for her but you both were punished. From then on you had several disciplinary actions for starting fights mostly in defense of her. It was getting to the point the instructors were going to separate you two"

A: "Posh bastards"

I: "Yes well the head instructor didn't interfere given you guys nearly reached age to graduate. That seems to be the thing that saved you. Now your graduation records say that you ended with average grades expect in the areas of physical aptitude where you were above average. I'm curious..." Beeping and tapping of buttons "Castilla had the opposite and was expected to become an Adept."

A: "Oh she couldn't leave me."

I: "Both of you enlisted in the Imperial Guard which caused a stir among Castilla's tudors. Anyways it appears you guys were moved to the Elysian regiment after some basic training compounding your already extensive training. There you learned to do combat drops. It says here that Castilla was assigned to a different company but you guys still sent letters. I dare say you were dancing the edge with Slannesh Sergeant, those emotions would of consumed you."

A: "You jealous sir?"

Silence

I: "Moving on your service record for the next two years were exceptional, says here in Operation Hunt that you proved yourself the promotion you have now. Dropped on a planet to repel the insurrection of traitor guards you were tasked with hitting some critical fuel depots. Drop went wrong and you found yourself alone in enemy territory." Dataslate beeps "Can you tell me about that, Sergeant?"

Inhale and exhale

A: "Don't remember much about drop itself sir. The Valkyrie was burning and the green light came on, I didn't think I just jumped. My grav cute must of caught a piece of flak because next thing I know I was veering to the right.  Looking back I realized the problem, didn't take a drunken ork to figure out. The left thruster on my pack was gone. Well I hit the ground somewhat hard after breaking my fall with some trees." Coughing and grinding followed by a cigarette being lit "Got any recaff sir? Ah thank you..." Clanging of a metal cup, pouring of liquid then a generous gulp "Right where were I? Yes, yes, hitting the ground. Well I didn't have a map but a compass so I got my gear situated and headed south towards friendly lines. Well I didn't find anyone but I found plenty of the enemy they were like maggots in ration packs. I came to the point where I was running out of wiggle room to sneak past them. So I cut my losses and figured if I'm going to die I'll make them pay." Sipping "Well one thing led to another but I found a ruined town to hide in and from there I used the resources to disrupt supplies, kill gaurds, damage equipment. Having them in such disarray that by the time the mighty Imperial war machine managed to gain ground like five months later they didn't put up much of a fight. Called me a hero back at headquarters, the man who put down the insurrection single handed but I was just doing my job."

I: "The Imperium is lucky to have a man like you ."

A: "I don't fight for the Imperium....sir."

I: "Careful with your words, Sergeant."

A: "If you were here to kill me, it would of been done already."

Silence then someone clearing their throat

I: "Several more commendations in the following operations of note. Holding out for four days with your squad before relief came, being selected to do a quick strike on a Eldar Farseer and winning the ensuing melee. You're a proven man to get things done, I'm glad to see that."

Sipping

A: "Going to ask me out sir?"

I: "Now let's move past that to t-"

A: "We're done with foreplay sir?"

Clearing of a throat

I: "Right now we come to the events that happened eight years ago. Th-"

A: "Mara..." Silence for a few minutes interrupted by the occasional sipping

I: "Are you comfortable talking about it, Sergeant?"

A: "I assumed that is why you called me in. My background and the fact you probably need a new lackey. I know I'm marked sir, so not talking isn't a choice here." Gulp and metal hitting wood, pouring of liquid "Ask your damn questions, sir."

I: "Tell me what happened Sergeant, in your words."

Drumming of fingers and someone drinking for a few minutes

A: "The actual landing I don't remember much about, it was a mixed transport but we were all headed to Tranch. It was an uneventful trip for the most part. I was catching up with Blaze after not seeing her for a year except in pictures and letters. She had been assigned to my company after heavy causalities of her last one. It was so nice to finally...hold her..." Silence "Soon after the ship lost engine power, we were ordered to make a landing to seek aide given they detected some buildings on the surface. I lost consciousness during the ride down, a gun from the luggage racks hit me in the head."

I: "When did you wake up?"

A: "A few hours later with Castilla over me tending to my wounds. While I was out most of the officers had set up a camp around the transport, organizing the remaining troops for defense. Apparently it was an easy landing and they soon began to mount expeditions out across the bleak icy landscape. God we didn't know what hit us. Something far more terrible then a ork running at you, more frightening then a 'Nid invasion consuming a planet. We all knew that the Imperial Navy would get us in a few days, we had supplies to last. It seemed way too easy...too easy...." Sipping and silence

I: "Sergeant?"

A: "Yes sir?"

I: "Can you continue?"

A: "Yes sir, sorry about that. Anyways the first day was a hint of what was to come, rations going missing, people going missing after a fierce blizzard and weird headaches that our medics couldn't dull the pain. I felt it too like something scratching at the door to the edges of my mind. Like...insect wings beating constantly trying to find a way in. Second day was the worst as men and woman began to be overcome with seizures and doubled over with pain, many babbling foreign words. Our perimeter shrunk as the manpower dwindled even the officers were effected. The Commissar was ranting and raving before walking off into the icy wastes. I will never forget the looks of madness in that medical tent...of minds broken. The beating gave way to whispers...I couldn't make out the words but they seemed to luring me towards a happier place." Gulping, pouring "Third day was when it went to hell, all started in the morning when one of the medics inserted a new IV into one of the comatose men....through his eye. I can't even describe the way men went absolutely nuts that day. It's something that one does not want to repeat, the things I saw even as the words grew louder in my mind. The company commander used his force sword to flay off the skin on his face, screaming as he bled to death. Our priest shoved the Imperium symbol into a Gaurdmen's head yelling about repentance. One Sergeant saw it fit to decorate his tent with his squads body parts before taking a bath in the blood using a heart for soap. The damn fools in orbit starting sending more bodies down, I'll never understand why. Amidst that hell the Commissar came back..." Silence

I: "What happened?"

A: "He came out of the snow, naked covered in blood...his blood. The only article of clothing was his flak great coat that was torn. He had scored symbols of the occult onto his skin the blood freezing middrip. No one stopped him...no one stopped him...I ran with Blaze who was curled up in a ball babbling. Just ran sir just ran as fast as I could...didn't care where just ran. I don't know how long I was running from the voices that screamed and tore at the edge of my mind, to save Blaze...get away...I'm sorry...." Silence

I: "Sergeant?" Chair moving, table creaks followed by a yell of terror then sniffle.

A: "Sorry sir...just need more recaff and a smoke" Lighter being clicked, deep inhale and exhale followed by hungry sips. "We came to a cave in a cliff, shallow but enough of a shelter to protect form the cold. I set her down and started a fire from the little mini stove, all we had was a few days of rations at best. Setting myself down beside her I heard the voices clearer they encouraged me to give in and just let go. I heard Blaze stir so I looked at her, catching her green eyes catch mine with clarity. In her lucid moment she simply said..."Don't" before madness took her again. I sat there for three days...listening to her babble and feeling the cold creep in. I fought the voices, I fought the...incests crawling into my mind for us...I fought for us...." Sipping and sobbing "I woke up on the sixth day to Blaze pinning me to the ground, her green eyes were different....consumed by something. She wasn't Castilla...no...I struggled with her and that was when I noticed that she was naked. Taken my knife in my sleep to carve lewd symbols into her body. The flawless body marred with blood and symbols of Chaos. In my head someone was laughing, taunting me as I managed to get her off of me. I...I...she...I..she...came at me with that knife a malicious grin on her lips asking me to join her in pleasure. My Castilla was gone by then...but I hoped...FUCK I hoped!"

I: "Your emotions got the better of you, if you didn't I doubt Chaos could of succeeded."

Something hits the table hard and chair being pulled back

A: "Don't you fucking judge me Inquisitor, after all the things I've done for the Imperium. Everything I've done to be who I am, how far I've come..don't you fucking tell me what I should of done. I'll fucking slap you so hard it'll feel like you hit a cruisers armored prow. Fuck you sir...now do you want me to finish or not?"

I: "Yes, Sergeant," Chair creaks

A: "I parlayed with her trying to disarm her but she wouldn't stop, nothing I did would bring her back. Then it happened...she had her fingers around my throat with strength that I couldn't stop. It was so inhuman the way those dead eyes stared into mine. Blackness was creeping into my vision as the voice laughed at me calling me weak. I was fading as I struggled for my laspistol. Then there was a sharp whine and the smell of burnt flesh, her warm body at my feet. I took her in my arms and stared, crying, yelling for her to forgive me as something danced around me calling me a murderer. In her last lucid moment I say those green eyes light up as the real Blaze came back her lips twisting into a smile. "Goodbye...." was the last thing she said tracing my cheek leaving blood on it before it went limp...she went limp." Sobbing and a chair creaking

I: "That all Sergeant?"

A: "Yeah...."

I:"Says the rescue party found you holding her with severe frostbite, and they couldn't get you to let go. It took the medicae on board to finally drug you into removing the body. Says her body was sent to us."

A:"What did you do to her sir?"

I:"I wouldn't be able to tell you Sergeant but she was burned given the Chaos contamination."

A: "Contamination...just numbers to you aren't we...just toys for your amusement."

I: "If it's any condolence Sergeant, your earlier hunch was correct. I think you'll make a fine acolyte, your experiences, passions and skills will aide the Inquisition a lot. This concludes our initial interview and you seem to be a suitable candidate. I look forward to further interviews."

Silence followed by sound of something being put on the table.

I: Dismissed Sergeant Antoz

++++++++++++++++++++++
End of Recording

Desired Ordos: Ordo Malleus or Ordo Sepulturum, anything that allows him to fight Chaos
Personality: Bilious: Reserved,suspicious and angry yet very watchful and aware.

Appearance
Height: 2.1 m
Build: Well Built
Weight: 90 kg
Hair Color: Black cropped short
Eye Color: Brown
Skin: Fair
Quirk: Extensive scarring across his face and body

Group Associations:
Imperial Guard: Being still an active member of Imperial Guard and drawing a wage, Sergeant Antoz has several contacts within the massive organization. Many of those contacts are fellow Sergeants, some officers and a few Stormtroopers.

Imperial Navy Given that the Imperial Guard works side by side with the Navy, Antoz has garnered a few contacts on his various times aboard ships. One of the more major contacts was one of the naval officers that consoled him after picking him up from Mara. Antoz and Brutis, the ships gunnery officer, are still great drinking buddies to this day.

Inquisitor 1:
Restricted Access

Name: Gallus Haxtus
Ordos: Malleus
Faction: Oblationist
Reason: The Inquisitor that found his name in the Mara records, and called him in as a candidate. Antoz being touched already by the warp means he's a powerful weapon to be used. Also the man who guided him and helped in learning the things that came with being inducted in the Inquisition.

Inquisitor 2:
Restricted Access

Name: Taura Sila
Faction: Ocularians
Reason: She talked to Antoz after the Mara incident, told him that he had a destiny to serve the Inquisition but not at the time. When he would be called by them he should answer. His fate would reunite him with Castilla and make him a hero in the eyes of his comrades. Although a brief encounter, she had a lasting impact on Antoz.

Orientation:
Given the fact he's been touched by Chaos energy leaving voices still whispering at the edges of his mind pushing him into a rage when uncontrolled Antoz is unsure where he stands. Combined with the passion he feels to pay Chaos back by any means even utilizing what they gave him to keep others from suffering his fate. The willingness to throw himself at the enemy with little disregard for his own life, to sacrifice himself to end the nightmare. All this makes Antoz a strong leaner towards the radical side.

Notes to GM:
Took Mara's background package
Last 100 xp on BS advancement

Dusk Style
[/url]
Name: Tarkus Antoz      Age: 28

Homeworld:         (Dusk)
WS: 3BS: 2STR: 32 T: 28 AG: 31 INT: 31 PER: 28 WP: 43 FEL: 34
Corruption: 6   Insanity: 7
Tarot:  “The pain of the bullet is ecstasy compared to damnation.” Increase Toughness by +1.
Fate Points: 3
Income Level: Gaurdsmen
Wounds: 10
Movement: 3/6/9/18

Traits:
Bad Blood The Dusk born are an ill-omened people, considered by most to be accursed by the simple fact of their birth world. Truth be told, there is some credence to this belief as trauma, madness, supernatural occurrences and morbid eccentricity are all common currency on Dusk as accepted facts of life.

Dark Tales One key way of learning to survive for a child on Dusk is to pay heed to the many strange tales and nightmarish stories told by the fireside when the storms howl or the dank fogs press close, and the stories of Dusk hold many dark truths and shadowed pearls of wisdom.
Effect: You start the game with Common Lore (Dusk Folklore) (Int). In addition, you treat Forbidden Lore (Daemonology) (Int) and Scholastic Lore (Occult) (Int) as Basic Skills.

Little Left to Fear While other worlds may indeed host worse perils than Dusk, the dangers encountered there are of a singularly macabre and often horrific kind, and after a lifetime spent surviving them, the bestial predators and weird happenings of other worlds hold little terror.
Effect: You reduce the effects of Fear on your character by one degree (reducing Fear 3 to Fear 2, etc.) Essentially this also means that you suffer no effects from creatures or phenomena with a Fear Rating of 1. Since your life has been full of near-scrapes with things best left unsaid, you also reduce your starting number of Fate Points by –1.

Primitive Feral worlders have no time for the mysteries of technology or the rubbishy constraints of etiquette and social niceties.
Penalty: You take a –10 penalty on Tech-Use (Int) Tests and a –10 penalty to Fellowship Tests made in formal or civilized surroundings.

Wilderness Savvy Feral worlders are accustomed to hunting their own food.
Benefit: Navigation (Surface) (Int), Survival (Int) and Tracking (Int) count as Basic Skills for feral worlders.

Talents:
-Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
-Pistol Training (Primitive,SP)
-Basic Weapons Training (Las,SP)
-Resistance (Psychic Powers)

Basic Skills:
-Swim (S)

Trained Skills:
-Literacy (Int)
-Speak Language (Dusk Cant) (Int)
-Speak Language (Tribal Dialect) (Int) skill.
-Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)
-Common Lore (Dusk Folklore) (Int)

Equipment:
Webbing
Webbing:
-“Bloody Mary” (Counts as a Stormchild)
-10 speed reloads
-Bolo Knife
-M36 Kantrael Pattern w/h lamp pack
-2 charge packs
-Lamp pack
-Compass
-5 Glo-sticks
-1 Ration Pack
-Protein Bars
-Entrenching tool
-Canteen
-Waterproof notebook with a worn pen
-Photograph of Antiz and a red headed guardswoman, playing cards in a trench that looks muddy but the sun is shining. They are looking towards the pictotaker holding up their recaff mugs in cheers. Bloodstained the back has "I'm sorry" in messy handwriting.
-Lighter
-Pack of Lho sticks
-Dataslate
-Bloodstained rock (Kept in a mesh pouch over his heart)

Worn on body
Worn:
-Keffiyeh
-Gloves
-Chrono
-Mircobead
-Whistle
-Guard Flak Armor (His helmet has tally marks on the left side while the profile of the suit of clubs is on the left in white paint. Right shoulder pauldron is dominated by a pin up over top of the red stripe donating his Noncom status. His right knee pad has the words "Well Hello There" crudely painted on, some stubborn blood has yet to be removed. )
-Combat Webbing
-Imperial Guard fatigues
-2 sets of dog tags
-Charm One golden heart with the words "Blaze" engraved neatly on it along with a golden disk with a date engraved on the front. They hang from the same chain as his dog tags. On the reverse side the disk has another date crudely carved into the soft metal while the heart has "Et ex mente tota, Sum presentialiter, Absens in remota" engraved on the back.

Backpack
Backpack:
-2 weeks of rations
-Imperial Infantryman’s Uplifting Primer
-Bedroll and blanket
-Personal Grooming Kit
-Mess Kit
-Weapon Maintenance Kit
-Tool Kit
-Playing Cards
-Wrapped bundle of letters
-Set of maps

Background/Personality
Audio Transcription of Initial Interview
++++++++++++++
Receiving Query
File named Interview, T. Antoz 1 found.
Beginning Playback....
Time of recording: 0900, 818.M41
Interviewer: Inquisitor -Redacted-
Format: Audio Only
++++++++++++The Emperor Protects++++++++++++

Door opens and closes then soft voices are heard. Mic is tapped. Scraping of a chair followed by coughing.

Inquisitor: "Sergeant please have a seat."

Silence for a minute followed by the sound of something hitting the table

I: "Alright, I take it you will stand then." Rustling of clothes followed by the beep of an dataslate "Let's confirm you are Sergeant Antoz."

Antoz: "Can I smoke sir?"

Clicking of a lighter followed by coughing then a deep inhale before an exhale.

A: "Jesus, never felt that good before. Go on with your questions Inquisitor."

I: "Right let's start with the basics, you were birthed on Dusk. Due to it's nature I am afraid I can't say much about your childhood beyond your recruitment into the Gourd. What year were you born Sergeant?"

Silence followed by another inhale and exhale before a low laugh

A: " I believe it was sometime in the summer of the year 790, sir."

I: "Good, we can continue now that your identity is confirmed." Beeping of a dataslate "So Sergeant due to the lack of the records I have on your childhood and life on Dusk, would you mind filling out that part of your history for us?"

A: "Do I have a choice?

I: "Y-

A: "Rhetorical question sir, I don't mind." Deep inhale and exhale followed by coughing "I was born to a poor tribe, my mother was a bead maker I believe for the local market while my father did what most men did, hunted. Strangely I don't remember much about them no matter how much I try to picture them. I guess it's because at a young age my father went mad and shot his wife then himself. God I must of been two? I was taken in by the local shaman, an old bird but tougher then adamantium she was. Under her tutelage during long walks through the marshes she taught me what to eat and what not to, to shoot, to hunt....to survive. Far more of a mother then my actual one was minus the hole in her head of course." Deep chuckle "Coming to age meant you usually where chosen for a bond mate, in our tribe we had two type of relationships. Mates were woman you breeded with and nothing else. Bond mates were woman you stuck with for life. The key to find a bond mate was not beauty or figure, you looked for endurance and strength. Survival on Dusk relied on many things but beauty wasn't one of them. No one gives a shit if you're pretty when you're bleeding out in the fetid waters. Well I had already made up my mind for a bond mate, her name was Blaze."

I: "Says here that was her name because of the hair?"

A: "Yeah, when I was sixteen this Imperial Guard expedition was doing rounds around villages to recruit. They had recently passed through our village picking up who they could, one of the company was a young girl with vibrant read hair. Had to my age or just about. Anyways that night when I was walking with the old bird like we usually do, we heard commotion of a fight. Naturally I ran towards it being a young fool. Well the expedition apparently had met the nightmares that haunt Dusk. The camp was destroyed and dead littered everywhere. Only one survivor that woman with a massive wound across her chest. Me and the old bird dragged her to the village where our healer bandaged her." Deep inhale and exhale "Afterwards me and Blaze were inseparable, at the time I wasn't sure what I felt for her but together we'd get into all kinds of trouble. I taught her Dusk's unique way of life, she became one of the tribe in return she would regale me with stories of her travels. She was wonderful and cared for me but not out of obligation...." Silence "Well like I said I hit eighteen and I chose her as my bond mate after struggling with what I felt for was love. The night of our small tribal joining was magical, something I'll never forget. The way her hair shimmered in the oil lamps light."

I: "It didn't last..."

Snort and laughing

A: "Life is fleeting sir, there are no guarantees. One thing you learn on Dusk is to always cherish every minute you get with loved ones.  However yes that night as we lay together the village was attacked by a rival tribe. We put up a fight but the darkness took advantage of the chaos. Demons joined the battle from the surrounding woods slaughtering both sides as they laughed. Well me and Blaze ran from the burning village not wanting to be consumed by the dark shapes that danced in the flames. We were kids...didn't know better. We were picked up days later by another recuriting expedition who found us tired and collapsed on the side of the road."

I: "Indeed, you were joined to a regiment that did quick strikes by air or land. It says here that Castilla or Blaze was assigned to a different company but you guys still sent letters. I dare say you were dancing the edge with Slannesh Sergeant, those emotions would of consumed you."

A: "You jealous sir?"

Silence

I: "Moving on your service record for the next two years were exceptional, says here in Operation Hunt that you proved yourself the promotion you have now. Dropped on a planet to repel the insurrection of traitor guards you were tasked with hitting some critical fuel depots. Drop went wrong and you found yourself alone in enemy territory." Dataslate beeps "Can you tell me about that, Sergeant?"

Inhale and exhale

A: "Don't remember much about drop itself sir. The Valkyrie was burning and the green light came on, I didn't think I just jumped. My grav cute must of caught a piece of flak because next thing I know I was veering to the right.  Looking back I realized the problem, didn't take a drunken ork to figure out. The left thruster on my pack was gone typical of these fancy tech devices. Well I hit the ground somewhat hard after breaking my fall with some trees." Coughing and grinding followed by a cigarette being lit "Got any recaff sir? Ah thank you..." Clanging of a metal cup, pouring of liquid then a generous gulp "Right where were I? Yes, yes, hitting the ground. Well I didn't have a map but a compass so I got my gear situated and headed south towards friendly lines. Well I didn't find anyone but I found plenty of the enemy they were like maggots in ration packs. I came to the point where they were so numerous that I figured I was a goner. So I cut my losses and figured if I'm going to die I'll make it worth it." Sipping "Well one thing led to another but I found a ruined town to hide in and from there I used nearby resources to disrupt supplies, kill gaurds, damage equipment. Man Marbo would be so proud of me. Having them in such disarray that by the time the mighty Imperial war machine managed to gain ground like five months later they didn't put up much of a fight. Called me a hero back at headquarters, the man who put down the insurrection single handed but I was just doing my job."

I: "The Imperium is lucky to have a man like you ."

A: "I don't fight for the Imperium....sir."

I: "Careful with your words, Sergeant."

A: "If you were here to kill me, it would of been done already."

Silence then someone clearing their throat

I: "Several more commendations in the following operations of note. Holding out for four days with your squad before relief came, being selected to do a quick strike on a Farseer and her band. You won the ensuing melee against her which is a feat to do considering the xenos innate agility. You're a proven man to get things done, I'm glad to see that."

Sipping

A: "Going to ask me out sir?"

I: "Now let's move past that to t-"

A: "We're done with foreplay sir?"

Clearing of a throat

I: "Right now we come to the events that happened eight years ago. Th-"

A: "Mara..." Silence for a few minutes interrupted by the occasional sipping

I: "Are you comfortable talking about it, Sergeant?"

A: "I assumed that is why you called me in. My background and the fact you probably need a new lackey. I know I'm marked sir, so not talking isn't a choice here." Gulp and metal hitting wood, pouring of liquid "Ask your damn questions, sir."

I: "Tell me what happened Sergeant, in your words."

Drumming of fingers and someone drinking for a few minutes

A: "The actual landing I don't remember much about, it was a mixed transport but we were all headed to Tranch. It was an uneventful trip for the most part. I was catching up with Blaze after not seeing her for a year except in pictures and letters. She had been assigned to my company after heavy causalities of her last one. It was so nice to finally...hold her..." Silence "Soon after the ship lost engine power, we were ordered to make a landing to seek aide given they detected some buildings on the surface. I lost consciousness during the ride down, a gun from the luggage racks hit me in the head."

I: "When did you wake up?"

A: "A few hours later with Castilla over me tending to my wounds. While I was out most of the officers had set up a camp around the transport, organizing the remaining troops for defense. Apparently it was an easy landing and they soon began to mount expeditions out across the bleak icy landscape. God we didn't know what hit us. Something far more terrible then a ork running at you, more frightening then a 'Nid invasion consuming a planet. Something that would of been birthed straight out of Dusk's swamps and never looked twice at. We all knew that the Imperial Navy would get us in a few days, we had supplies to last. It seemed way too easy...too easy...." Sipping and silence

I: "Sergeant?"

A: "Yes sir?"

I: "Can you continue?"

A: "Yes sir, sorry about that. Anyways the first day was a hint of what was to come, rations going missing, people going missing after a fierce blizzard and weird headaches that our medics couldn't dull the pain. I felt it too like something scratching at the door to the edges of my mind different then anything I experienced on Dusk. Like...insect wings beating constantly trying to find a way in past my skin. Second day was the worst as men and woman began to be overcome with seizures and doubled over with pain, many babbling foreign words. Our perimeter shrunk as the manpower dwindled even the officers were effected. The Commissar was ranting and raving before walking off into the icy wastes. I will never forget the looks of madness in that medical tent...of minds broken. You hear it around village fires at night told by old shamans on Dusk, this was raw though. The beating gave way to whispers...I couldn't make out the words but they seemed to luring me towards a happier place. Slowly I was losing it despite the fact I've seen such things before, felt these things. God this was different it eroded your will as the cold ate at your skin. One of the most terrible feelings in the world. Even Dusk could prepare me for the next day. " Gulping, pouring "Third day was when it went to hell, all started in the morning when one of the medics inserted a new IV into one of the comatose men....through his eye. I can't even describe the way men went absolutely nuts that day. It's something that I was taught to not mention the things I saw or invite the demons back. The words grew louder almost at a scream now leaving me with a headache. Around me...horrors were happening straight out of the stories I remember as a kid. The company commander used his force sword to flay off the skin on his face, screaming as he bled to death. Our priest shoved the Imperium symbol into a Gaurdmen's head yelling about repentance. One Sergeant saw it fit to decorate his tent with his squads body parts before taking a bath in the blood using a heart for soap. The damn fools in orbit starting sending more bodies down, I'll never understand why. Amidst that hell the Commissar came back..." Silence

I: "What happened?"

A: "He came out of the snow, naked covered in blood...his blood. The only article of clothing was his flak great coat that was torn. He had scored symbols of the occult onto his skin the blood freezing middrip. No one stopped him...no one stopped him...I ran with Blaze who was curled up in a ball babbling to make the buzzing stop in a nearby tent. Why I ran...don't know my survival instincts kicked in. Just ran sir just ran as fast as I could...didn't care where just ran. I don't know how long I was running from the voices that screamed and tore at the edge of my mind, to save Blaze...get away...I'm sorry...." Silence

I: "Sergeant?" Chair moving, table creaks followed by a yell of terror then sniffle.

A: "Sorry sir...just need more recaff and a smoke" Lighter being clicked, deep inhale and exhale followed by hungry sips. "I got to a cave in a cliff, shallow but enough of a shelter to protect form the cold. I set her down and started a fire from the little mini stove, all we had was a few days of rations at best. Setting myself down beside her I heard the voices clearer they encouraged me to give in and just let go. I heard Blaze stir so I looked at her, catching her green eyes catch mine with clarity. In her lucid moment she simply said..."Don't" before madness took her again. I sat there for three days...listening to her babble and feeling the cold creep in. I fought the voices, I fought the...incests crawling into my mind for us...I fought for us...." Sipping and sobbing "I woke up on the sixth day to Blaze pinning me to the ground, her green eyes were different....consumed by something. She wasn't Castilla...no...I struggled with her and that was when I noticed that she was naked. Taken my knife in my sleep to carve lewd symbols into her body. The flawless body marred with blood and symbols of Chaos. In my head someone was laughing, taunting me as I managed to get her off of me. I...I...she...I..she...came at me with that knife a malicious grin on her lips asking me to join her in pleasure. My Castilla was gone by then...but I hoped...FUCK I hoped!"

I: "Your emotions got the better of you, if you didn't I doubt Chaos could of succeeded."

Something hits the table hard and chair being pulled back

A: "Don't you fucking judge me Inquisitor, after all the things I've done for the Imperium. Everything I've done to be who I am, how far I've come..don't you fucking tell me what I should of done. I'll fucking slap you so hard it'll feel like you hit a cruisers armored prow. Fuck you sir...now do you want me to finish or not?"

I: "Yes, Sergeant," Chair creaks

A: "I parlayed with her trying to disarm her but she wouldn't stop, nothing I did would bring her back. Then it happened...she had her fingers around my throat with strength that I couldn't stop. It was so inhuman the way those dead eyes stared into mine. Blackness was creeping into my vision as the voice laughed at me calling me weak. I was fading as I struggled for my laspistol. Then there was a sharp whine and the smell of burnt flesh, her warm body at my feet. I took her in my arms and stared, crying, yelling for her to forgive me as something danced around me calling me a murderer. In her last lucid moment I say those green eyes light up as the real Blaze came back her lips twisting into a smile. "Goodbye...." was the last thing she said tracing my cheek leaving blood on it before it went limp...she went limp." Sobbing and a chair creaking

I: "That all Sergeant?"

A: "Yeah...."

I:"Says the rescue party found you holding her with severe frostbite, and they couldn't get you to let go. It took the medicae on board to finally drug you into removing the body. Says her body was sent to us."

A:"What did you do to her sir?"

I:"I wouldn't be able to tell you Sergeant but she was burned given the Chaos contamination."

A: "Contamination...just numbers to you aren't we...just toys for your amusement."

I: "If it's any condolence Sergeant, your earlier hunch was correct. I think you'll make a fine acolyte, your experiences, passions and skills will aide the Inquisition a lot. This concludes our initial interview and you seem to be a suitable candidate. I look forward to further interviews."

Silence followed by sound of something being put on the table.

I: Dismissed Sergeant Antoz

++++++++++++++++++++++
End of Recording

Desired Ordos: Ordo Malleus or Ordo Sepulturum, anything that allows him to fight Chaos
Personality: Bilious: Reserved,suspicious and angry yet very watchful and aware.

Appearance
Height: 2.1 m
Build: Well Built
Weight: 90 kg
Hair Color: Black cropped short
Eye Color: Brown
Skin: Fair
Quirk: Extensive scarring across his face and body

Group Associations:
Imperial Guard: Being still an active member of Imperial Guard and drawing a wage, Sergeant Antoz has several contacts within the massive organization. Many of those contacts are fellow Sergeants, some officers and a few Stormtroopers.

Imperial Navy Given that the Imperial Guard works side by side with the Navy, Antoz has garnered a few contacts on his various times aboard ships. One of the more major contacts was one of the naval officers that consoled him after picking him up from Mara. Antoz and Brutis, the ships gunnery officer, are still great drinking buddies to this day.

Inquisitor 1:
Restricted Access

Name: Gallus Haxtus
Faction: Oblationist
Reason: The Inquisitor that found his name in the Mara records, and called him in as a candidate. Antoz being touched already by the warp means he's a powerful weapon to be used. Also the man who guided him and helped in learning the things that came with being inducted in the Inquisition.

Inquisitor 2:
Restricted Access

Name: Taura Sila
Faction: Ocularians
Reason: She talked to Antoz after the Mara incident, told him that he had a destiny to serve the Inquisition but not at the time. When he would be called by them he should answer. His fate would reunite him with Castilla and make him a hero in the eyes of his comrades. Although a brief encounter, she had a lasting impact on Antoz.

Orientation:
Given the fact he's been touched by Chaos energy leaving voices still whispering at the edges of his mind pushing him into a rage when uncontrolled Antoz is unsure where he stands. Combined with the passion he feels to pay Chaos back by any means even utilizing what they gave him to keep others from suffering his fate. The willingness to throw himself at the enemy with little disregard for his own life, to sacrifice himself to end the nightmare. All this makes Antoz a strong leaner towards the radical side.

Notes to GM:
Took Mara's background package
Last 100 xp on Pistol Training (SP)
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Terian

Put a bit more work into my sheet.  Incidentally, can I trade in redundant pieces of gear to get some more Thrones?  (like trading in my Lasgun in favor of my Minerva-Aegis carbine?  Having the ability to use Suppressing Fire is worth spending most of my starting Thrones on.)

Dakkon

Quote from: Terian on January 13, 2014, 02:47:47 AM
Put a bit more work into my sheet.  Incidentally, can I trade in redundant pieces of gear to get some more Thrones?  (like trading in my Lasgun in favor of my Minerva-Aegis carbine?  Having the ability to use Suppressing Fire is worth spending most of my starting Thrones on.)

Yes and yes to your previous question too.

Terian

SGTDan

That would of been nice to know for my Stormchild, oh well doesn't change much :P

Good question though
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Baalborn87

I'd like to express interest in this if there is space. Has anyone claimed ministorium priest?

Dakkon

Quote from: Terian on January 12, 2014, 08:01:26 PM
Factor of the Lathes, it's an Alternate Start to Tech-Priest that front-loads them with actual social skills and the ability to raise their fellowship.  Also comes with a trait that makes their augmentations subtle by default.
The Factor's an interesting one for sure. It makes sense that someone in the Ad Mech specializes in people and linguistics. One of the exercises that I've done in the past to test my creativity is to try and simulate character from media that I enjoy (ask me about Team Fortress 2). The Factor is really useful for things that the full-body prosthetic characters from Ghost in the Shell, who really look nothing like 40k's usual cyborgs, even though they have some thematic similarities. 

Quote from: Darkling on January 12, 2014, 06:21:32 PM
Heh, why do i get the feeling im going to be the only nice person here? XD
It's all relative. One of the nice things about the skill challenge method that I'm using is that it makes things like diplomacy more dynamic. That avoids pigeonholing a single roll and rewards creative uses of skills, both in and out of combat.

Quote from: Baalborn87 on January 13, 2014, 08:29:19 AM
I'd like to express interest in this if there is space. Has anyone claimed ministorium priest?
Not to my knowledge. All heretics could use some churching up!

Terian

Anyway, still plinking away at my sheet when I have time.  Hopefully we get some pretty quick progression, because it'd be nice to actually get to be heroes in our own right rather then "Struggles to handle hive gangs"

Dakkon

Quote from: Terian on January 13, 2014, 09:14:16 AM
Anyway, still plinking away at my sheet when I have time.  Hopefully we get some pretty quick progression, because it'd be nice to actually get to be heroes in our own right rather then "Struggles to handle hive gangs"
I'm going to to try and be a bit more aggressive with EXP than usual. Not sure how much you'll get by the end of the first segment, which is really and introduction, but I agree. Part of this is going to be about being a hero... or a moderately benign villain seeing as the two are often one and the same in 40k. Besides, you'll need it  >:)

Baalborn87

OK, Still under edit. But Here's the basic CS for Brother Ishmael Dekko

Name:   Ishmael Dekko         Age: 28

Homeworld:     Void Born/Orbital (1d10 roll of 9 = fate point not used, -5 fellowship tests)
WS: 32 BS: 34 STR: 30 T: 25 AG: 32 INT: 30 PER: 30 WP: 32 FEL: 31
Corruption:    2   Insanity: 0
Tarot: "Dark dreams lie upon the heart" (2 corruption)
Income Level: Ministorum
Wounds: 14
Fate points: 3

Experience (Unspent/Total): 100/400

Traits: sound constitution x3,

Talents: Melee weapon training (primitive), Pistol Training (SP), Basic weapon training (primitive).

Basic Skills: Navigation (stellar), Pilot (Spacecraft), Speak Language (low gothic), Common lore (Imperial creed), Literacy, Trade (copyist), Trade (cook), Inquiry

Trained Skills:

Equipment: Hammer, Stub revolver (6 bullets), Crossbow (30 bolts), Flack vest, Aquila necklace, Ecclesiarchy robes, 4 candles, Charm (Skull), Backpack, Pump action shotgun (48 shells), Flamer (3 clips), Lamp pack

Wealth: 505 Thr

Background
  Born on a Research Space station at the edge of the Calixis sector. To a pair of menial workers living near the reactor deck in the service of the tech adept. Unfortunately fates decreed that he was to loose his parents in a reactor leak. A small mercy it was that the manner of their demise was that they perished whilst saving the station from the same radiation leak. Gaining him an unwanted fame on the station.
  He found he had 2 choices. Bury his head and follow in his parents footsteps and become just another (all be it respected) menial in the machine. Or take up an offer from the commanding tech adept and pursue a following with the Omnissiah. He retreated to the local Chapel (for what it was) to pray to the Emperor for guidance and for his path to be opened to him. It was then that clarity hit him. He was filled by the light of the Emperor being able to recall the scriptures that he had learned as a child and crying out praises to the Emperor. As the light left him and he collapsed to his knees shuddering, he felt a hand on his shoulder. Causing him to look into the wizened face of the priest who had witnessed the event.   
  The priest being filled with a mixture of awe and fear, decreed that this was a sign from the Emperor that Ishmael was destined for greater things than becoming just another pawn in the workings of the station. With that, the priest took the orphaned Ishmael as his ward. Teaching him the scriptures and rights of paying fealty to the Emperor.
  As time went on Ishmael started to believe that death in service to the Emperor is the noblest death one can hope for. And that his parents would have been welcomed by the Emperor with open arms.  The priest then decreed that Ishmael had learned as much as he could at his side and that the time had come to bring the light of the Emperor to the darkness. Kitting him out with relics of his station the priest gave him a final blessing before sending Ishmael out to the wilds of the Imperium. Despite him knowing that his parents are dead, he has of late had disturbing dreams. Of a honeyed voice promising that the secrets of life and death and returning the souls of the departed to the plains of the living are out there to be discovered, he needs to just but look. So far his faith has been strong and he knows the voice is lying....So far.

Desired Ordos: (Heretcus)

Personality Very methodical, with a secret desire for rebellion.

Appearance

Height: 1.65m

Weight: 55kg

Quirk: Pallid

Build: Stunted

Skin colouration: Fair

Hair Color: Blond

Eye Color: Grey

Group Associations:

Inquisitor 1:

Inquisitor 2:

Orientation: Hetero

Other Notes:

Notes to GM:

ShadowFox89

Hrm... I'm thinking of swapping to a Noble Origin....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

Oh yay a priest....

;D

"Yes sir, I totally love the Emperor! FOR THE EMPEROR and all that jazz right?"

Quote from: FallenDabus on January 13, 2014, 09:20:39 AM
I'm going to to try and be a bit more aggressive with EXP than usual. Not sure how much you'll get by the end of the first segment, which is really and introduction, but I agree. Part of this is going to be about being a hero... or a moderately benign villain seeing as the two are often one and the same in 40k. Besides, you'll need it  >:)
I do like the sound of this, aggressive XP gain.

Also there is no good guys in 40k, that is one of the lovely things about the setting. Everything is...so gray and murky. How far would one go to ensure mankinds survival? Are you willing to sell your soul to achieve it? All very interesting questions that pop up during play.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 13, 2014, 12:51:20 PM
Hrm... I'm thinking of swapping to a Noble Origin....
You should, it gives some nice bonuses
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Dakkon

Quote from: SGTDan on January 13, 2014, 01:10:55 PM
Oh yay a priest....

;D

"Yes sir, I totally love the Emperor! FOR THE EMPEROR and all that jazz right?"
This is hilarious for reasons you can't even comprehend right now.

QuoteI do like the sound of this, aggressive XP gain.
EXP gain from social encounters helps a lot.

QuoteAlso there is no good guys in 40k, that is one of the lovely things about the setting. Everything is...so gray and murky. How far would one go to ensure mankinds survival? Are you willing to sell your soul to achieve it? All very interesting questions that pop up during play.
The Tanith First and Only may want to have a work with you. So would the White Scars. And the Blood Angels. And the Space Wolves (seriously, the fucking Inquesition's scared of doing evil things around them). And the Salamanders. Actually all the Loyalist First Foundings except the Dark Angels would.

That's the thing... The 40k universe is a horrible, horrible place to live in, but there are still decent people in it. For every couple examples of Grimdark, there's someone trying to be decent and often times outright heroic. They just don't get to expect a happy ending, but often time, their so stubborn that that doesn't matter to them.

I guess we'll see where you guys fall on that continuum.  O8)

SGTDan

Quote from: FallenDabus on January 13, 2014, 02:04:10 PM
The Tanith First and Only may want to have a work with you. So would the White Scars. And the Blood Angels. And the Space Wolves (seriously, the fucking Inquesition's scared of doing evil things around them). And the Salamanders. Actually all the Loyalist First Foundings except the Dark Angels would.

That's the thing... The 40k universe is a horrible, horrible place to live in, but there are still decent people in it. For every couple examples of Grimdark, there's someone trying to be decent and often times outright heroic. They just don't get to expect a happy ending, but often time, their so stubborn that that doesn't matter to them.
Decent people yes, I am not denying that the people listed are decent or honest hard fighting men and woman. However to class them as "good" is relative to what you define as good. They may fight for humanity and noble reasons but everyone has vices, sins and bad habits. It's what makes everyone human or even those Space Marines human. That's why I love this universe. Is the Imperium a good guys? Depends who you are. Are the Space Marines the Emperor's loyal ass kicking holy knights? Again depends on who you are. While there may be decent people doing decent things it doesn't make them the good guys.

My opinion anyho
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Baalborn87

Just so you know. I bought him a flamer. For burning heretics and mutants and such........and anyone who makes a fork 'andles joke. And a hammer

SGTDan

I'll be on my best Emperor worshiping behavior then
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Rolls-

Well, getting rid of that 2, that's 108pts worth which isn't bad. The 6, 7, and 9 are going to be a pain in the ass but I think I can work with it. Gives me an average of 32, which means I think I'll keep this array.

Starting Package
Talents: Melee Weapon Training (Primitive), Unremarkable, Pistol Training (Las), Basic Weapon Training (SP), Pistol Training (SP)
Equipment: Hunting Rifle + 16 rounds, knife, 3 doses of stimm, charm (corpse hair), black bodyglove (common quality clothing)

Name: Leonora d'Vulpe  Age: 27
Homeworld: (Noble Origin//Imperial World)
WS: 40 BS: 44 STR: 34 T: 32 AG: 36 INT: 26 PER: 29 WP: 30 FEL: 30
Income Level: 500 Thrones/month (1500 starting)
Wounds: 12+3
Armor: Head 3, Body 4, Arms 4, Legs 4

Experience (Unspent/Total): 400/400
Spending List

Simple Weapon Skill Advance= 100xp
Simple Ballistic Skill Advance= 100xp
Inquiry= 100xp
Silent Move= 100xp

Traits:
Etiquette
Nobles are schooled in how to comport themselves in all
manner of formal situations.
Effect: You gain a +10 bonus on Charm, Deceive and
Scrutiny Tests when dealing with high authority and in
formal situations.

Supremely Connected

Nobles have extensive connections and you know that
dropping the “right” names into a conversation can open
more doors than a fistful of Thrones.
Effect: You begin play with the Peer (Nobility) talent.
In addition, you also gain Peer (Academics, Adeptus
Mechanicus, Administratum, Astropaths, Ecclesiarchy,
Government, Mercantile, Military or Underworld), selecting
one category to reflect your family’s powerbase.

Vendetta

Every noble house has its sworn enemies and rivals who would
do it and its members harm. Joining the Holy Ordos doesn’t
stop this, it merely forces those who wish you harm to be a bit
more cautious and subtle in exacting their vengeance.
Effect: You have powerful enemies, perhaps in the shape
of a rival noble house or some other powerful group. The
details of these enemies are left to you and the GM to define,
working together to create a formidable threat. While they
do not dog your steps at every turn, they are still out there,
aiming to inconvenience, harm or kill you when you cross
their path, You, of course, are free to return the favour when
it’s expedient to do so.

Wealth

Those born into the nobility are also born in to wealth and
enjoy the fruits of their family’s fortunes.
Effect: You begin play with double the starting number of
Thrones. You are also Noble for the purposes of determining
monthly income (see page 124 of Dark Heresy).

Talents: Peer (Nobility), Peer (Military), Unremarkable, Basic Weapon Training (SP), Melee Weapon Training (Primitive), Pistol Weapon Training (SP), Pistol Weapon Training (Las)

Basic Skills:

Trained Skills: Awareness (Per), Dodge (Ag), Speak Language (Low Gothic), Inquiry (fel), Silent Moves (agi)

Equipment: Weapons : Hunting Rifle w/16 rounds, Compact Laspistol, Sword, knife, Charm, Black Bodyglove, 3 doses of Stimm, 1500 thrones worth of gear.

Hunting Rifle:
Laspistol:
Mono-Sword:
Mono-Knife:

Background

Desired Ordos: (Can be any, not just the big three)

Personality

Appearance
Hair Color:
Eye Color:

Group Associations:

Inquisitor 1:

Inquisitor 2:

Orientation: Bis- oh, you mean religious orientation. Moderate

Other Notes:

Notes to GM: Pending approval into the game, will need to talk about the Vendetta trait.

Xeno Mesh: 375 (2kg)
Mesh Cowl: 100 (.5kg)
Cameleoline Cloak: 500 (.5kg)
Clip Harness/Drop Harness: 25 (2kg)
Microbead: 20 (-)
Grapnel: 30 (2kg)
Backpack: 10 (1kg)
Total: 1060 (8kg)
Weapon Upgrades: Mono mod for sword and knife (40e for 80 total)
Red-dot sight and silencer for hunting rifle (60 total, +1kg total)
Total: 140 thrones, 1kg
Total shopping list: 1200 thrones, 9kg.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

With a BS of 39, if I put 100xp into boosting that, I can be our go-to for sniping :P

Which is what I plan on. Hunting rifle + silencer + red-dot sight. Noble gives me a LOT bigger budget to work with, as well as some lovely fluff effects such as being from a noble house.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 13, 2014, 03:40:35 PM
With a BS of 39, if I put 100xp into boosting that, I can be our go-to for sniping :P

Which is what I plan on. Hunting rifle + silencer + red-dot sight. Noble gives me a LOT bigger budget to work with, as well as some lovely fluff effects such as being from a noble house.

Alright Mister Money Bags
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Hey now. That's Money Bags Sniper McGee to you.

Hunting rifle mod'd into a sniper and a cameoline cloak so I can stay hidden.... All you guys will have to do is get the target out into sight :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

On the subject of good people in 40k, i have a friend who described it best (imo anyway): Its not about being good, to be good is to be virtuous, and the Imperium has a culture that shares little in common with virtue as we accept it. All the virtues we know have shrivelled into virtual nonexistence, neither upheld nor desired, except Valour, which without other virtues to balance it, has ballooned into this hideous malformed abomination that all but runs the Imperium of Man beneath its unflinching and uncompromising mien. All of its dogma, cruelty, heroism and tenacity flow from this. So while a imperial hero might not be 'good', they are valorous,

On a less serious note, you know something has gone horribly wrong with the techpriest is the party face XD

and while i am gleeful of the prospect of aggressive exp gain, i admit to being more interested in aggressive throne gain... need to load up on those augmetics!

SGTDan

Quote from: Darkling on January 13, 2014, 04:29:03 PM
On the subject of good people in 40k, i have a friend who described it best (imo anyway): Its not about being good, to be good is to be virtuous, and the Imperium has a culture that shares little in common with virtue as we accept it. All the virtues we know have shrivelled into virtual nonexistence, neither upheld nor desired, except Valour, which without other virtues to balance it, has ballooned into this hideous malformed abomination that all but runs the Imperium of Man beneath its unflinching and uncompromising mien. All of its dogma, cruelty, heroism and tenacity flow from this. So while a imperial hero might not be 'good', they are valorous,

On a less serious note, you know something has gone horribly wrong with the techpriest is the party face XD

and while i am gleeful of the prospect of aggressive exp gain, i admit to being more interested in aggressive throne gain... need to load up on those augmetics!
I agree with this completely, makes a lot of sense.

Also, I've seen weirder things but the techpreist as a face definitely is among that list.

Not my fault Antoz is a...bit crazy/insane/has dark gods whispering in his brain.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Shopping List

Total: 1050 (7kg)
Total shopping list: 1190 thrones, 8kg.

I can buy a microbead for everyone if they need it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

I wouldn't mind a smoke grenade and a frag if you have the cash to spare
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ChaoticSky

Mhm, the perennial question; cute or sexy? any preferences? ;)

Wargtass

O/O

SGTDan

Quote from: Darkling on January 13, 2014, 07:32:22 PM

I prefer cute
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Darkling on January 13, 2014, 07:32:22 PM

I tend to make my characters a mix of both. Cute in one moment and sexy in the right dress ;)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

I'm enjoying watching peoples characters be filled in, it's neat to see the progress. I find it very intriguing to watch the thought processes.

One thing I am liking right now is the two faces develop, a social assassin is far more scary then a silent stalking kind personally. The fact he can blend into a crowd and be anywhere is kind of neat. The social techpreist doesn't need much said...that's just hilarious/awesome on it's own merit. Terian's female guard/Karskin I'm curious where she's going. This shaping up to be a neat array of characters, I don't envy Fallen having to chose four out of this lot.

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

I'm hoping I get in, I got some darn good rolls xD

Also, my social assassin is going to be a gal :P

I do need to work on her background though, as well as find a suitable picture for her. Something like a cloak and hood with a sniper rifle, with a slight schizo-tech feel to it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 13, 2014, 09:02:39 PM
I'm hoping I get in, I got some darn good rolls xD

Also, my social assassin is going to be a gal :P

I do need to work on her background though, as well as find a suitable picture for her. Something like a cloak and hood with a sniper rifle, with a slight schizo-tech feel to it.

My apologies...I saw Ezio and figured it'd be male:P

Well I look forward to your background.

If anyone feels the need to, feel free to steal my background format if you want. I won't mind at all! Copy cat
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Wargtass

As far as I am going for tonight. It's 4am dammit.  :P

Not sure what to make of him now, but all the difficult stuff is out of the way.

Name: Richter               Age:32
Career: Arbitrator         Career Rank: Trooper (Rank 1)
Homeworld: Unknown (Mind Cleansed: The Sole Survivor)
WS: 30  BS: 30  STR: 30  T: 45*  AG: 30  INT: 45*  PER: 30  WP: 30 FEL: 20
Corruption: 1      Insanity: 7
Wounds: 9   Fate Points: 3
Tarot: "Innocence is an illusion."
Income Level:

Spent on:

Intelligence Advance Simple - 100
Toughness Advance Simple - 100
Awareness - 100
Scrutiny - 100

Traits:
Failsafe Control

All  Mind  Cleansed  Inquisitorial  agents  have  a  failsafe command  trigger  implanted  in  their  minds  to  prevent them  from  turning  on  their  masters.  Only  the  relevant NPC  (their  Inquisitor  for  example),  should  ever  have access  to  this  trigger,  which  usually  must  be  delivered telepathically  or  by  a  specific  sonic  cadence  (a  simple code phrase is usually judged too risky).
Imperial Conditioning

Inquisition  mind-scrubs  are  usually  carried  out  to destroy selective memories but leave useful skills intact. Likewise  the  mind  is  often  implanted  with  psychic barriers to prevent tampering, increase mental resilience and ensure loyalty.
Through A Mirror darkly

The  mind  cleansing  process  has  numerous  side  effects, including an eroding effect on the subject’s sanity and unique dangers of its own for the character.
Shards of Memory

The Sole Survivor: The steel walls are stained with blood, the blood of your friends and comrades. You can hear their screams still as if they were frozen in the air. You wander long corridors empty but for the memory of death, alone, the last survivor envying the dead.

Talents: Basic Weapon Training (SP), Jaded, Melee Weapon Training (Primitive), Quick Draw, Pistol Weapon Training (SP and Las),

Basic Skills: Common Lore (Tech), Survival,

Trained Skills: Common Lore (Adeptus Arbites, Imperium), Deceive, Inquiry, Intimidate, Literacy, Speak Language (Low Gothic),

Equipment:

Background

Desired Ordos: Ordo Xenos or Hereticus.

Personality

Appearance

Height: 6'4

Build: Well built

Hair Color: Dirt Blonde

Eye Color: Green

Group Associations:

Inquisitor 1: Celia Averni of the Ordo Xenos is the more pleasant of the two sisters. A shameless flirt and a radical who should have been caught red-handed in some forbidden xenos jar a long time ago, she nonetheless keeps delving into the mysteries of the alien with reckless abandon. Truly she must be successful in some manner, or else she surely would have been dead a long time ago.

Inquisitor 2: Cordelia Averni is the polar opposite of her sister. Stern, serious and cruel, she teaches as much with strict lectures as with the cane. Unlike Celia she is orthodox to the extreme and Richter has heard stories of Cordelia trying to frame her sister and even outright murder her. He has no doubt that she has done so and is not in any way aiming to get on the same list as Celia.

Orientation: Moderate. Having been schooled by both Celia and Cordelia on separate occasions, Richter has learned that both camps have their pros and cons. For now it is best to keep opinions on the low end and just follow orders...

Other Notes:

Notes to GM:
O/O

SGTDan

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Great, now I can't give my character a tragic past of having her family killed by Templars.... :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Found a picture for my assassin gal :D

Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

That must be some bulky armor  ::)

Teasing, looks god Fox
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Better to keep people guessing than invite Slaanesh into the party by people flirting :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 14, 2014, 12:56:32 AM
Better to keep people guessing than invite Slaanesh into the party by people flirting :P
Ummm....

>..>

<..<

*Cough*

Yeah about that...
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

I see she'll have to stick very.... close to you.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

^-^

I like the implications of that Fox

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Terian

Hmm, not sure I'll have the time to put into this after all, I'll be withdrawing my application :(

ShadowFox89

Quote from: SGTDan on January 14, 2014, 01:32:49 AM
^-^

I like the implications of that Fox

Just remember, my assassin is a better fighter than your guardsman :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 14, 2014, 01:51:13 AM
Just remember, my assassin is a better fighter than your guardsman :P

"Is that a challenge ma'am?"

Quote from: Terian on January 14, 2014, 01:50:25 AM
Hmm, not sure I'll have the time to put into this after all, I'll be withdrawing my application :(
Ah sorry to hear it Terian
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Funnily enough, her tarot works perfectly for a "started with revenge" style background. Sleep first though, then background.

Oh, and.... At 2014-01-14 02:06:43, ShadowFox89 (uid: 26413) rolls: 1d100 Result: 10

She hits with a threshold of 5
At 2014-01-14 02:09:04, ShadowFox89 (uid: 26413) rolls: 1d10a5 Result: 7

Doing 7 damage to you right in the head :P

Night!
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

Nice roll, you've been having luck with those.

I will admit I got shafted on my rolls but I'm not complaining, character comes first before stats. I like his character even if his stats suck.

Good night Fox!
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Well, actually, the difference between our rolls is a total of 3 points. I just went and spent 200xp to boost the two main combat traits up.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Dakkon

Okay, so I made an idiot move and forgot to put a spot for character path on my sheet template. If you could please add that in somewhere, it would be appreciated.

In the meanwhile, both for my own use and for the use of anyone still interested in apply (you still have a full week!), here is a breakdown of the character sheets so far submitted by character path and by homeworld.

Characters by Path

Adept: (Sevatar Khansin (Male) by HairyHeretic; special Cold Trader)
Arbitrator: (Ritcher by Wargtass)
Assassin: (Fem:Ezio (female) by ShadowFox89)
Cleric: (Ishmael Dekko (male) by Baalborn87)
Guardsman: (Tarkus Antoz (Male) by SGTDan; survivor of Mara)
Psyker: n/a
Scum: n/a
Tech-Priest: (Sara by Darkling (female); Factor)
Sister of Battle: n/a
Battle Sister: n/a

No Applications (yet): Psyker, Scum, Sister of Battle, Battle Sister

Characters by Background

Feral World: n/a
Hive World: n/a
Imperial World: n/a
Void Born: (Ishmael Dekko (male) by Baalborn87; Orbital Station)
Schola Progenium: (Sevatar Khansin (male) by HairyHeretic; Blighted Schola), (Tarkus Antoz (Male) by SGTDan)
Forge World: (Sara by Darkling (female))
Shrine World: n/a
Noble Born: (Fem:Ezio (female) by ShadowFox89)
Monastic Upbringing: n/a
Famulous Protege: n/a
Mind Cleansed: (Ritcher (male) by Wargtass)

No Applications (yet):
Imperial World, Feral World, Hive World, Shrine World, Famulous Protege, Monestic Upbringing

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Dakkon

ShadowFox89

I've been playing Crusader Kings 2 waaay too much lately.... can't help but think of how she'd be set up as a ruler.

"ambitious, strong, patient, deceitful, elusive shadow"
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Terian

Well, it's a combination of lack of time, and lack of inspiration mostly.  I might give a Hospitalier character a try though if I can get this other concept to congeal a bit more

SGTDan

So I PMed Fallen this but I figured I could pose it to you guys;

QuoteI'm doing thinking, flipping through books

I suppose the other origin that fits Antoz's character would be a Feral World, Dusk maybe. However I would have to change his regiment and other such things. The only issue I have is whether or not a feral person would have any use for holding onto trinkets like my original concept. Not to mention be less freaked out by Mara or having to kill someone, even that close. Thoughts, opinions?
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Wargtass

Quote from: SGTDan on January 13, 2014, 09:39:50 PM
Omg a tragedy buddy!

Brevis ipsa vita est sed malis fit longior.  ;D

Now that my pretentious quote is fulfilled, I was thinking Genestealers. That way the Ordo Xenos and the Ordo Hereticus would have a certain interest in the matter and it makes for good nightmare fuel. I think I'm going to go for him being a hardnosed Arbites, the kind that stood at the front of every shield wall and just loved cracking the skulls of dissenters. But now that he is mind cleansed he has instead become a more cautious and inquisitive (HAH!) sort who favours investigations before power maulings.
O/O

Dakkon

Quote from: Wargtass on January 14, 2014, 10:37:11 AM
Brevis ipsa vita est sed malis fit longior.  ;D

Now that my pretentious quote is fulfilled, I was thinking Genestealers. That way the Ordo Xenos and the Ordo Hereticus would have a certain interest in the matter and it makes for good nightmare fuel. I think I'm going to go for him being a hardnosed Arbites, the kind that stood at the front of every shield wall and just loved cracking the skulls of dissenters. But now that he is mind cleansed he has instead become a more cautious and inquisitive (HAH!) sort who favours investigations before power maulings.
Then hurry up and finish it so that I can read it! :P

ShadowFox89

Trying to decide on a name, leaning towards Leonora D'Vulpe.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 14, 2014, 07:22:30 PM
Trying to decide on a name, leaning towards Leonora D'Vulpe.
If shes a noble, you should give her a huge name

like Leonora Janne Winchester Casper D'Vulpe The 9th Of Volodrus III  ;D

ShadowFox89

"I am Leonora d'Vulpe. You killed my family. Prepare to die."
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Dakkon

Just a heads up, its looking like the plot is going to hash out with us on Sepheris Secundus for the first little while, if that is useful information.

SGTDan

Alright I put up two variations of my character, one with Dusk background and the old one.

Opening floor to opinions
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

I'm actually wishing we could start a bit sooner, the wait to see who gets in is killing me D:
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 15, 2014, 06:57:10 PM
I'm actually wishing we could start a bit sooner, the wait to see who gets in is killing me D:
*growls at* my sheet isnt done!  :P

ShadowFox89

Don't make me tie you up :P

Granted, I still need to do my fluff....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Found this on a quick search, think I'll use it to generate a homeworld for Leonora.

http://darkreign.org/sites/default/files/Expanded%20Star%20System%20Generator%20%5Bv1.0%5D.pdf
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Wargtass

Quote from: Darkling on January 15, 2014, 08:01:45 PM
*growls at* my sheet isnt done!  :P

Go neck!  XD
O/O

SGTDan

I'm with Fox, I'm so anxious I MADE TWO VERSIONS OF MY SHEET
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Wargtass

Not all of us can be character printing machines.  ::)
O/O

Dakkon

I could be tempted, but only if all the sheets are done. I have no plans on rushing people and will be very busy next week anyhow.

Muse

*laughs* 

How many application do you have, Fallen? 

I've held off so far because the competition looked pretty fierce, but if it's not as bad as I think, I might throw my hat into the ring. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Dakkon

There's only six so far. I wouldn't call it really intense, we just seem to have couple of very, very vocal people in here with us (which is really a good thing). There's only four spots, since I've found that going much above that bogs down PbP games too much. Toss one in if you're interested!

Muse

:)  nice, okay.  :) 

Can someone summarize the rolls/classes that have applied so far?  There's enough competition here without making similar classes. 

Dakkon

Already done below.
Quote from: FallenDabus on January 14, 2014, 02:51:52 AM
Okay, so I made an idiot move and forgot to put a spot for character path on my sheet template. If you could please add that in somewhere, it would be appreciated.

In the meanwhile, both for my own use and for the use of anyone still interested in apply (you still have a full week!), here is a breakdown of the character sheets so far submitted by character path and by homeworld.

Characters by Path

Psyker: n/a

Characters by Background

Feral World:(Tarkus Antoz (Male) by SGTDan)
Hive World: n/a
Schola Progenium: (Sevatar Khansin (male) by HairyHeretic; Blighted Schola), (Tarkus Antoz (Male) by SGTDan)

No Applications (yet):
Imperial World, Hive World, Shrine World, Famulous Protege, Monestic Upbringing

Muse

Here's the bare bones of Zee, much fluff still to come. 

Name:         Zee
Birth Planet:      Gunmettal City (specific hive world) 
Class:         Imperial Psyker

Background:      Factory dregs. 
Eyes:         Crystalline Purple prosthetic. 
Skin         Coppery
Hair:         Died Neon Purple
Handedness      Right
Height         1.70 Meters
Weight         60kg
Quirks:      Outrageous hair and an electoo. 

Divination;      “Do not ask why you serve, only ask how.” 

EXP         400/000

Weapon Skill      32
Ballistic Skill      46
Strength      32
Toughness      28
Agility         34
Intelligence      31
Perception      30
Willpower      41
Fellowship      40

Corruption      0
Insanity      0

Fate Points      2
Wounds      11

Half Move      3
Full Move      6
Charge         9
Run         18

Skills:            Trained   +10   +20   +30      Total
Invocation (WP)      *                  36
Literacy (Int)         *                  30
Psyniscience (Per)      *                  31
S.L. Low Gothic (Int)      *                  31
S.L. Metalican    (Int)      *                  31
Tech Use (Int, Basic)                        15
Trade: Merchant (Fel)      *                  40

Talents: 
--Meditation
--Melee Weapon Training: Primative
--Pistol Weapon Training (Las)
--Pistol Weapon Training (SP)
--Psy Rating 1
--Quick Draw

Traits
Caves of Steel: Tech Use (int) is a Basic Skill. 
Hivebound: -10 to all survival (Int) tests, and -5 to all other intelgience tests out of proper habitat. 
Sanctioned Psyker: Optical Rupture
Speak Language: Metalican Hive Dialect
Packing Iron: -5 to all tests if ever caught without a useable gun. 
Way of the Gun: +5 Ballistic Skill, Pistol Training (SP), +5 to Tech Use tests involving projectile firearms. 
Wary: +1 Initiative

Gear: 
Book of Imperial Saints
Clothing, 2 Outfits
Common Quality Cybernetic Optics
Psy Focus
Sanctioning Brand

Psychic Powers: 
Call item   (5)
Healer      (7)
Unatural Aim   (8)

Armor
--Flak Jacket (3, Body, Arms, Legs)

Weapons:
--Compact Las Pistol, 1 Charge Pack, 1 Hotshot Charge
--Knife (psykana Mercy Blade)
--Stub Automatic with Red Dot Laser Site
----2 Clips of Standard Amo
----20 Bullets
----2 Clips of Manstopper Bullets
----18 Bullets
--Sword

Thrones   37

Advances: 
(100)   Willpower, Simple

Dakkon

Here's a question for you gals/guys... What type of genre would you prefer? The big split would be between action/adventure and investigation/mystery. I plan on using both and am currently leaning towards emphasizing the latter, but wanted to double check what you people would like before I got too deep into planning.

Muse

I like those themes.  :)  Recent experience in online gaming suggests emphasizing the first might be better.  :) 

HairyHeretic

I'm happy to go with a mixture of either.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Wargtass

I'd rather go with investigation/mystery with a little action/adventure evenly peppered into it. Salt and pepper on the mash, so to say.
O/O

ShadowFox89

Build around the characters you pick, I'd say. If we have half social/investigation and half combat, then going with one over the other means half the group will be bored while the others do all the work.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

HairyHeretic

Also a very good point. That being said, a mixed group ought to be able to handle most things, and even if a character isn't wholely in their element, as long as they're not completely one dimensional in scope, they should be able to contribute something in any situation.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

SGTDan

Although being more action orientated doesn't mean I can't aide the others, I am capable of critical thinking and logic. So more mystery and investigation will suit me just fine since I can give my brain some work and not just my guns.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Well, I did take Inquiry with Leonora so that she won't be completely useless while doing investigations.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Dakkon

Well, I think this is a good time to talk about something I mentioned in the initial post, but haven't really explained yet. Here’s a full description how skill tests are going to work.

As opposed to most tests a single roll of the dice, I'd like to try portraying most of them as skill challenges. The idea is to try and create some role playing opportunities while not locking anyone out of a particular scene because they don't have a certain skill advance.

Each challenge will have degrees of success and failure. You may not succeed at everything completely, but you should be able to to succeed enough to keep things moving. Additionally, you'll get opportunities to improve your success. I call these complication tasks. If the random dice god commits heresy does not go your way, I'll give the opportunity to make another roll, although that opportunity would come at some sort of a cost that could complicate things down the road and the number of retries you get will be limited.

I’ll give you a variety of actions that you can pick from, although you are always free to make up your own action or decide you’ve done well enough. Each time you make another roll, you gain a cumulative +5 bonus to the characteristic you are testing against, both for the current roll and the previous result. While I know that may seem a bit counterintuitive, it is predicated on two assumptions. Number one, that previous actions have a positive impact on the situation, so things are becoming easier. Number two, you are agents of the Inquisition, albeit novice ones. You still got picked for a reason and are likely going to be successful in the end. There are many ways for the universe to be grim dark, but failure drives people away from PbP games in my experience.

When determining how successful the test is, I will be looking at how close the roll is to passing the test with that characteristic. In most cases, if the roll is closer than a previous test/characteristic pair, I will take the ned roll. If not, it will add a +5 to the previous roll’s characteristic score and we can continue from there.

Make sense? I've used this in a couple of PbP games so far, including one here, and the response has been positive. I want to try and create as many RP opportunities as possible, both in and out of combat, as well as encourage and reward creativity.

ChaoticSky

Mhm, that almost sounds like FATE's system. My only concern is the retries you mentioned, i generally disapprove of that sort of thing. Failing a roll is part of these games too, and can make even more interesting results than passing sometimes. Being allowed to try again (and again) in exchange for some penalty feels alittle.... fudgey? It might not be the desired outcome by a player or GM, but the results of a fail shake up the monotony

It also devalues Fate Points, the spending of which is to allow rerolls 90+% of the time.

Pumpkin Seeds

When are character submissions due by?

Dakkon

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on January 18, 2014, 12:45:05 AM
When are character submissions due by?
Depending on your time zone, roughly Wednesday evening, Thursday morning. I'm hoping to start up Thursday evening for me, and I'm GMT +4. Still should be enough time to put something together.

Pumpkin Seeds

I have an idea for a character, actually two but the Sister of Battle has been on my mind for longer.  Intending to take her as a Sister of Battle but then take the Condemned background from the Radical Handbook.  This would make her capable of fighting, but I think she would be more intriguing and fun with an investigative game.  My eventual goal would be for her to join the Sisters Repentia (sp?) to shed her reputation and rejoin their ranks.

ShadowFox89

Wouldn't happen to be anyone with AIM or Steam that could help me work out the fluff on my character >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Dakkon

Quote from: Darkling on January 17, 2014, 03:23:08 PM
Mhm, that almost sounds like FATE's system. My only concern is the retries you mentioned, i generally disapprove of that sort of thing. Failing a roll is part of these games too, and can make even more interesting results than passing sometimes. Being allowed to try again (and again) in exchange for some penalty feels alittle.... fudgey? It might not be the desired outcome by a player or GM, but the results of a fail shake up the monotony

It also devalues Fate Points, the spending of which is to allow rerolls 90+% of the time.

Fair enough. It's more inspired by 13th Age's escalation dice than FATE I think. I agree that failure is important though and trust me, you won't be getting away without failure. The retries aren't infinite, most of the time, challenges will limit them to one or two, unless it is a major or extended challenge. Failures are still going to happen.

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on January 18, 2014, 12:50:07 AM
I have an idea for a character, actually two but the Sister of Battle has been on my mind for longer.  Intending to take her as a Sister of Battle but then take the Condemned background from the Radical Handbook.  This would make her capable of fighting, but I think she would be more intriguing and fun with an investigative game.  My eventual goal would be for her to join the Sisters Repentia (sp?) to shed her reputation and rejoin their ranks.

Sound cool. I look forwards to seeing more!

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 18, 2014, 01:41:35 AM
Wouldn't happen to be anyone with AIM or Steam that could help me work out the fluff on my character >.>

What are you stuck on?

ShadowFox89

Everything really, I'm not the most familiar with WH40k. I ended up getting distracted by trying to start with making a homebrew star system >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Muse

I might also have something to contribute, Fox, though I'm hardly an expert. 

Baalborn87

Okay. Expanded the background of Ishmael and added an image.

Quote from: Baalborn87 on January 13, 2014, 09:34:37 AM
OK, Still under edit. But Here's the basic CS for Brother Ishmael Dekko

Name:   Ishmael Dekko         Age: 28

Homeworld:     Void Born/Orbital (1d10 roll of 9 = fate point not used, -5 fellowship tests)
WS: 32 BS: 34 STR: 30 T: 25 AG: 32 INT: 30 PER: 30 WP: 32 FEL: 31
Corruption:    2   Insanity: 0
Tarot: "Dark dreams lie upon the heart" (2 corruption)
Income Level: Ministorum
Wounds: 14
Fate points: 3

Experience (Unspent/Total): 100/400

Traits: sound constitution x3,

Talents: Melee weapon training (primitive), Pistol Training (SP), Basic weapon training (primitive).

Basic Skills: Navigation (stellar), Pilot (Spacecraft), Speak Language (low gothic), Common lore (Imperial creed), Literacy, Trade (copyist), Trade (cook), Inquiry

Trained Skills:

Equipment: Hammer, Stub revolver (6 bullets), Crossbow (30 bolts), Flack vest, Aquila necklace, Ecclesiarchy robes, 4 candles, Charm (Skull), Backpack, Pump action shotgun (48 shells), Flamer (3 clips), Lamp pack

Wealth: 505 Thr

Background
  Born on a Research Space station at the edge of the Calixis sector. To a pair of menial workers living near the reactor deck in the service of the tech adept. Unfortunately fates decreed that he was to loose his parents in a reactor leak. A small mercy it was that the manner of their demise was that they perished whilst saving the station from the same radiation leak. Gaining him an unwanted fame on the station.
  He found he had 2 choices. Bury his head and follow in his parents footsteps and become just another (all be it respected) menial in the machine. Or take up an offer from the commanding tech adept and pursue a following with the Omnissiah. He retreated to the local Chapel (for what it was) to pray to the Emperor for guidance and for his path to be opened to him. It was then that clarity hit him. He was filled by the light of the Emperor being able to recall the scriptures that he had learned as a child and crying out praises to the Emperor. As the light left him and he collapsed to his knees shuddering, he felt a hand on his shoulder. Causing him to look into the wizened face of the priest who had witnessed the event.   
  The priest being filled with a mixture of awe and fear, decreed that this was a sign from the Emperor that Ishmael was destined for greater things than becoming just another pawn in the workings of the station. With that, the priest took the orphaned Ishmael as his ward. Teaching him the scriptures and rights of paying fealty to the Emperor.
  As time went on Ishmael started to believe that death in service to the Emperor is the noblest death one can hope for. And that his parents would have been welcomed by the Emperor with open arms.  The priest then decreed that Ishmael had learned as much as he could at his side and that the time had come to bring the light of the Emperor to the darkness. Kitting him out with relics of his station the priest gave him a final blessing before sending Ishmael out to the wilds of the Imperium. Despite him knowing that his parents are dead, he has of late had disturbing dreams. Of a honeyed voice promising that the secrets of life and death and returning the souls of the departed to the plains of the living are out there to be discovered, he needs to just but look. So far his faith has been strong and he knows the voice is lying....So far.

Desired Ordos: (Heretcus)

Personality Very methodical, with a secret desire for rebellion.

Appearance

Height: 1.65m

Weight: 55kg

Quirk: Pallid

Build: Stunted

Skin colouration: Fair

Hair Color: Blond

Eye Color: Grey

Group Associations:

Inquisitor 1:

Inquisitor 2:

Orientation: Moderate

Other Notes:

Notes to GM:

ShadowFox89

Well, a rough idea.... I'm thinking Leonora spent time in the Planetary Defense as a sniper, picking off rebel officers. But since her family is rich enough, she only had to serve a year or so.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

There seems to be some confusion with the term Orientation in the character sheets]

I believe its meant to referr to your puritian/moderate/radical leanings, not your sexual orientation  ;)

Dakkon

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 18, 2014, 02:04:12 PM
Well, a rough idea.... I'm thinking Leonora spent time in the Planetary Defense as a sniper, picking off rebel officers. But since her family is rich enough, she only had to serve a year or so.
Makes perfect sense!

Quote from: Darkling on January 18, 2014, 04:00:57 PM
There seems to be some confusion with the term Orientation in the character sheets]

I believe its meant to referr to your puritian/moderate/radical leanings, not your sexual orientation  ;)
Bingo! I'll pick a better word next time.

ShadowFox89

Rolls-

Starting Package

Name: Leonora d'Vulpe  Age: 27
Homeworld: (Noble Origin//Imperial World)
WS: 40 BS: 44 STR: 34 T: 32 AG: 36 INT: 26 PER: 29 WP: 30 FEL: 30
Income Level: 500 Thrones/month (1500 starting)
Wounds: 12+3
Armor: Head 3, Body 4, Arms 4, Legs 4

Experience (Unspent/Total): 400/400
Spending List

Simple Weapon Skill Advance= 100xp
Simple Ballistic Skill Advance= 100xp
Inquiry= 100xp
Silent Move= 100xp

Traits:
Etiquette
Nobles are schooled in how to comport themselves in all
manner of formal situations.
Effect: You gain a +10 bonus on Charm, Deceive and
Scrutiny Tests when dealing with high authority and in
formal situations.

Supremely Connected

Nobles have extensive connections and you know that
dropping the “right” names into a conversation can open
more doors than a fistful of Thrones.
Effect: You begin play with the Peer (Nobility) talent.
In addition, you also gain Peer (Academics, Adeptus
Mechanicus, Administratum, Astropaths, Ecclesiarchy,
Government, Mercantile, Military or Underworld), selecting
one category to reflect your family’s powerbase.

Vendetta

Every noble house has its sworn enemies and rivals who would
do it and its members harm. Joining the Holy Ordos doesn’t
stop this, it merely forces those who wish you harm to be a bit
more cautious and subtle in exacting their vengeance.
Effect: You have powerful enemies, perhaps in the shape
of a rival noble house or some other powerful group. The
details of these enemies are left to you and the GM to define,
working together to create a formidable threat. While they
do not dog your steps at every turn, they are still out there,
aiming to inconvenience, harm or kill you when you cross
their path, You, of course, are free to return the favour when
it’s expedient to do so.

Wealth

Those born into the nobility are also born in to wealth and
enjoy the fruits of their family’s fortunes.
Effect: You begin play with double the starting number of
Thrones. You are also Noble for the purposes of determining
monthly income (see page 124 of Dark Heresy).

Talents: Peer (Nobility), Peer (Military), Unremarkable, Basic Weapon Training (SP), Melee Weapon Training (Primitive), Pistol Weapon Training (SP), Pistol Weapon Training (Las)

Basic Skills:

Trained Skills: Awareness (Per), Dodge (Ag), Speak Language (Low Gothic), Inquiry (fel), Silent Moves (agi)

Equipment: Hunting Rifle w/16 rounds, Compact Laspistol, Sword, knife, Charm, Black Bodyglove, 3 doses of Stimm,Xeno Mesh, Mesh Cowl, Cameleoline Cloak, Clip Harness/Drop Harness, Microbead, Grapnel, Backpack

Hunting Rifle:
Laspistol:
Mono-Sword:
Mono-Knife:

Background Leonora was born to the d'Vulpe family of the Imperial Hive world of Sulloudor. The d'Vulpe family was founded hundreds of years ago, when the planet was still being conquered and settled. Because of their strong ties to the Imperial Guard, the d'Vulpe family has traditionally offered their eldest child to training in either the Guard or the Planetary Defense Force. So it was that Leonora, as the eldest child of her parents, joined the PDF of Sulloudor. Early on, it was shown that she had a knack for marksmanship, scoring greatly in the range.
Leonora was assigned to the Fifty-Fifth Sulloudor Sniper Regiment, known as the Headhunters. Just in time, it turned out, as soon a faction of Independents had thrown the planet into open rebellion. The Headhunters were on the front lines of the engagement, eliminating key officers and providing recon for the line infantry. Until they ran into a special unit of the rebels, a Chaos warband that had infiltrated the planet and instigated the rebellion. The Headhunters radioed for support and hunkered down, ready to take as many heretics as possible down with them.
After days of building to building fighting, support arrived. Of sorts. An Inquisitorium Blackship leveled the city, killing almost everyone within. Leonora was one of the lucky few survivors, though she was taken to the Blackship while recovering from her wounds. She resigned her commission in the PDF, taking the chance to see the galaxy at large and put her skills to greater use.

Desired Ordos: Ordo Thanatos

Personality

Appearance
Hair Color: red
Eye Color: green

Group Associations:

Inquisitor 1:

Inquisitor 2:

Orientation: Bis- oh, you mean religious orientation. Moderate

Other Notes:

Notes to GM: Pending approval into the game, will need to talk about the Vendetta trait.

Backpack: 10 (1kg)
Total: 1060 (8kg)
Total shopping list: 1200 thrones, 9kg.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Dakkon

So just a random question. How closely do people expect to stick with cannon? I June had an idea that. I think is a good one...but it would totally change the future of 40k once unleashed. It would also see almost every single faction within the Sector and without seek to get involved, which could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your point of view.

ShadowFox89

I like the idea that PCs can alter the fate of... everything. It's one of the things I love about works like the Lord of the Rings and the Belgariad, and one of the things that irks me about works like Warhammer 40k and Forgotten Realms.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

Well, i think thats two questions.

I strongly disapprove of departure from the 40k canon as it exists, if you are going to mess with the rules of the setting then its not 40k anymore, no more so than if a magical portal opened up and the MLP found themselves in LoTR and defeat Sauron through the power of friendship. 40k is hinged on a very strict set of internal physical laws and thematic assumptions, which i feel should be obeyed. The warp is a hellhole, there is constant war, mankind is fighting back from the brink, everything wants to kill us or worse, etc. On the other hand, as far as our characters altering events in the larger setting, im fine with that, as long as its handled properly in the setting at large. For example, the last time someone tried to wake up the Emperor.... it went very bad for them, and what -if any- reward we might get for finding a STC would depend on how open we were to sharing it with the admech and if they thought they could get away with stealing it or not.

So... im fine with changes in chronology, but not cosmology, of the setting. I dont particularly care if whatever we do throws a wrench into the timeline for the next black crusade or whatever, its out of scope and out of mind. :3

Wargtass

Quote from: Darkling on January 19, 2014, 07:13:34 PM
So... im fine with changes in chronology, but not cosmology, of the setting. I dont particularly care if whatever do do throws a wrench into the timeline for the next black crusade or whatever, its out of scope and out of mind. :3

I only ever read the whole timeline once for GM purposes anyway (my players are nit-picky arseholes by the way) so I agree completely with Darkling. Who cares who won the Battle of the Herpenderp System as long as the Emperor is deadish, the Eldars are douchebags and the Warp is sufficiently chaosy.
O/O

SGTDan

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Dakkon

Well, I'm definitely going for the later rather than the former. I'm filling in a gap that was left open in the 40k cannon for exactly this sort of thing. The cosmology is remaining exactly as it was. The setting won't be "fixed" to create some sort of perfect world. There are no such things as allies, only enemies and worse and worse enemies. The Eldar are still dicks, the Tau are still ruthless communalists and the Tyranids are still really, really hungry. There is still only war. And by the end, there may be a lot more of it.

All I'm doing is taken a faction that we all know of in cannon, but do not know, and making them known. In what I hope is a sick, twisted and grimdark way.

Muse

SGTDan

Quote from: FallenDabus on January 20, 2014, 02:45:23 AM
Well, I'm definitely going for the later rather than the former. I'm filling in a gap that was left open in the 40k cannon for exactly this sort of thing. The cosmology is remaining exactly as it was. The setting won't be "fixed" to create some sort of perfect world. There are no such things as allies, only enemies and worse and worse enemies. The Eldar are still dicks, the Tau are still ruthless communalists and the Tyranids are still really, really hungry. There is still only war. And by the end, there may be a lot more of it.

All I'm doing is taken a faction that we all know of in cannon, but do not know, and making them known. In what I hope is a sick, twisted and grimdark way.

Okay I lied...

I can live with the Nids being full
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Dakkon

Quote from: SGTDan on January 20, 2014, 02:57:32 AM
Okay I lied...

I can live with the Nids being full

Never!
OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM!

ChaoticSky

Dakkon

Okay, just a bit over 48 hours to go by my reckoning. Good luck folks, the stuff I've seen so far looks good! Keep it coming!

SGTDan

Quote from: FallenDabus on January 20, 2014, 09:54:52 PM
Okay, just a bit over 48 hours to go by my reckoning. Good luck folks, the stuff I've seen so far looks good! Keep it coming!

You should cook up a count down or something

Just increase the tension
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Quote from: FallenDabus on January 20, 2014, 09:54:52 PM

I'm still trying to hash out a background, but I'm going to be busy for a bit tomorrow... I could just give you bullet points background if that'd be acceptable >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Dakkon

Quote from: SGTDan on January 20, 2014, 10:08:42 PM
You should cook up a count down or something

Just increase the tension
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140124T08&p0=2&swk=1

Useful for a completely different reason... It's actually just under 72 hours to go. I hate trying to mentally accommodate time zones  :P

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 20, 2014, 10:12:00 PM
I'm still trying to hash out a background, but I'm going to be busy for a bit tomorrow... I could just give you bullet points background if that'd be acceptable >.>

I'd be okay with that for now.

ShadowFox89

Alright, I hope that works as a background.... wasn't too sure of what to write, honestly, but that might be a lack of familiarity with the setting.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

Ack! 

Wish I could find the stuff I originaly wrote about this girl. 

So much easier to adapt than to recreate. 

Dabus, could you elaborate about one of your requests?  Did you say you wanted each player to make up two inquisitors and speculate on whether or not that inquisitor was the one who hired them? 

Dakkon

Quote from: Muse on January 21, 2014, 02:19:52 AM
  Ack! 

Wish I could find the stuff I originaly wrote about this girl. 

So much easier to adapt than to recreate. 

Dabus, could you elaborate about one of your requests?  Did you say you wanted each player to make up two inquisitors and speculate on whether or not that inquisitor was the one who hired them?
Close. I'm not going to reveal the Inquisitor right way (several reasons for that, some plot, some practical), so what I want instead is speculation of two (or more if you are ambitious) Inquisitors who might actually be your unseen patron.

Wargtass

Not too much longer to go now, and I still haven't done all my research. How many hours do I have? D:
O/O

SGTDan

Quote from: Wargtass on January 21, 2014, 03:14:29 PM
Not too much longer to go now, and I still haven't done all my research. How many hours do I have? D:
2 Days 6 Hours 41 Minutes
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Dakkon

Terian

Might try for a last minute poke here, what's the current roster look like?

Dakkon

These are our current applications:

Quote from: FallenDabus on January 14, 2014, 02:51:52 AM
Characters by Path

Psyker: (Zee by Muse)

Characters by Background

Feral World: n/a
Hive World: (Zee by Muse; Genmetal City)

No Applications (yet):
Imperial World, Feral World, Hive World, Shrine World, Famulous Protege, Monestic Upbringing

Now, of those I think only four are fully completed, so although I expect that number to go up in the next day and a half, its still wide open.

ShadowFox89

I'm mostly completed, lacking a personality writeup and 1-2 inquisitors. I really don't like deciding on a background before playing the character and getting a 'feel' for them though.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

HairyHeretic

Yeah, I think I just need to add some personality traits and I'm done as well.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Wargtass

Layout for the neat CS shamelessly stolen from Darkling!  ;D

Richter
Arbites Enforcer Richter
Player:Wargtass
Homeworld:Mind Cleansed (The Sole Survivor)
Background:[REDACTED]
Tarot“Innocence is an illusion.” +1 Corruption and +1 Insanity
Career:Arbitrator (1:Trooper)
Build:Well Built
Height:6'6"
Skin:Tanned
Hair:Dirt Blonde
Eyes:Green
Quirk:Scarring

Bio

History
Imagine waking up in the middle of a conversation and realizing your reality as you knew it didn't fit. According to your employer you are a successful Adeptus Arbites investigator from a little backwater place out of the Gothic Sector, picked up by the Inquisition for your excellent deduction skills and nose for justice. It was of course a little funny that the two Inquisitors that you were most often assigned with for your training seemed to belong to different camps and hated each other's guts. A bit weird, seeing as they shared family names and looks. Sisters you reckoned. Even though you were in what was basically forbidden knowledge boot camp, you could swear you knew some of the things they talked about. No good and proper copper from a backwater planet would know such things, right? Also, what backwater copper has scars like these?

Then came the nightmares. Deformed faces and snapping teeth, rending claws and dripping ichor. And the screams, a name here and there, followed by a tugging sensation of having lost friends and family. Whatever those two had done to your brain, it was slowly unravelling. He didn't like what was underneath at all. There was something nagging you about them, Celia and Cordelia. They seemed to almost be rivals and the prize between them was you. What was it about a simple enforcer from a backwater planet that intrigued them so much? If you even were that person. Genestealer, it was a word that filled you with dread and a disgusting sense of familiarity. Whenever you asked anyone of them about it they changed the subject in Celia's case or just shut you up with the back of the hand in Cordelia's. Had you not met them somewhere before as well?

Soon you realized that they had started looking at you with a sting of suspicion. As if they were scrutinizing the seams of your mind. Especially Cordelia. She was practically looking straight through you. It was fortunate then that someone from above decided you were done with your schooling and sent you of towards the Calixis Sector. Again, the name was eerily familiar, even though you had never set foot on Scintilla. Or perhaps you had. Isn't that right, Richter? We're pretty sure about it now, aren't we. You are not the real me. But for now you'll have to do. We just need to survive this, then we can start finding ourselves.

Personality
Richter seems lost for most of the time, caught up in himself and his little rituals. He hides a serious sense of insecurity behind routines and preoccupying himself with work. When he is forced to be social he comes of as awkward, almost as if everything he says isn't actually coming out of his own mouth, but rather from someone else. He often asks himself questions and sometimes he talks to himself when he believes no one is listening. It's almost like there is two Richters talking to each other. Unbeknownst to everyone else, that is very much the truth for him.

Appearance
One could guess that underneath the scars and the broken nose Richter would have been a handsome lad once. Nowadays he's a little rugged and weather-bitten, which doesn't go well with his so called history as a more inquisitive investigator type. He surely looks more like a frontline Enforcer, which is further reinforced by his skill with a shield and maul. He doesn't care much for how he look, as long as his uniform is in a decent enough shape his dirt blonde cropped hair can be unkempt and his chin overgrown with a dark shade of stubble. The only thing that doesn't match his looks are his very kind green eyes. Somehow he suspects the Inquisitors might have altered them as well...

Character Stats

Characteristics
Stat
BaseAllocModsTotal
Weapon Skill2010-30
Ballistic Skill2010-30
Strength2010-30
Toughness2020545*
Agility2010-30
Intelligence2020545*
Perception2010-30
Willpower255-30
Fellowship155-20
Wounds81-9/9
Fate6-0-3/3
*Indicates total Advances/SCs
Movement Rates:

Insanity: 7
Corruption: 1

Skills
[Basic]Common Lore (Tech)
[Basic]Survival
[Trained] Common Lore (Adeptus Arbites, Imperium)
[Trained] Deceive
[Trained] Inquiry
[Trained] Intimidate
[Trained] Literacy
[Trained] Speak Language (Low Gothic)

Talents
Basic Weapon Training (SP)
Pistol Weapon Training (SP and Las)
Jaded
Quick Draw

Traits
-Failsafe Control: All Mind Cleansed Inquisitorial agents have a failsafe command trigger implanted in their minds to prevent them from turning on their masters. Only the relevant NPC (their Inquisitor for example), should ever have access to this trigger, which usually must be delivered telepathically or by a specific sonic cadence (a simple code phrase is usually judged too risky).
-Imperial Conditioning: Inquisition mind-scrubs are usually carried out to destroy selective memories but leave useful skills intact. Likewise the mind is often implanted with psychic barriers to prevent tampering, increase mental resilience and ensure loyalty.
-Through a Mirror Darkly: The mind cleansing process has numerous side effects, including an eroding effect on the subject’s sanity and unique dangers of its own for the character.
Equipment

Weapons
Shotgun (Basic. 30m. S/-/-. 1d10+4I 0Pen. 2shots/2FullRld. Reliable, Scatter. 5kg.)
Brass Knuckles (Melee. 1d5-1I Pen 0. Primitive. 0.5kg)
Knife (Melee/Thrown. 3m. 1d5R Pen 0. Primitive. 0.5kg)
Synford-Pattern Lockshield (Melee. 1d10I Pen 0. Defensive. 4kg)
Shock Maul (Melee. 1d10I Pen 0. Shocking. 2.5kg)

Armour
Flak Jacket (3AP Arms, Body & Legs. 6kg)

Gear
Uniform (Good Quality Clothing), 3 doses of stimm, injector, Arbitrator ID, chrono, pack of lho-sticks.

Experience & Acquisitions

Experience
Total Exp Spent: 400
Rank 1
>Starting 400 Exp
Intelligence Advance Simple - 100
Toughness Advance Simple - 100
Awareness - 100
Scrutiny - 100

Acquisitions
Starting Thrones: 272
+ Sold club for +5
+ Sold Mesh Vest for +150
- Synford-Pattern Lockshield -90  (DH: Book of Judgement p.66)
- Shock Maul -150
- Flak Jacket -100
- Recoil Glove -80
=2

GM Stuff

Orientation: Moderate. Having been schooled by both Celia and Cordelia on separate occasions, Richter has learned that both camps have their pros and cons. For now it is best to keep opinions on the low end and just follow orders...
Desired Ordos: Hereticus or Xenos, whichever needs him the most.
Group Associations: Presumably the Adeptus Arbites.
Inquisitor 1: Inquisitor Celia Averni, Ordo Xenos
Celia Averni of the Ordo Xenos is the more pleasant of the two sisters. A shameless flirt and a radical who should have been caught red-handed in some forbidden xenos jar a long time ago, she nonetheless keeps delving into the mysteries of the alien with reckless abandon. Truly she must be successful in some manner, or else she surely would have been dead a long time ago.

Inquisitor 2: Inquisitor Cordelia Averni, Ordo Hereticus
She is the polar opposite of her sister. Stern, serious and cruel, she teaches as much with strict lectures as with the cane. Unlike Celia she is orthodox to the extreme and Richter has heard stories of Cordelia trying to frame her sister and even outright murder her. He has no doubt that she has done so and is not in any way aiming to get on the same list as Celia.

O/O

SGTDan

That was very enjoyable Wart!

I like it a lot
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Dakkon

Nice job! Ten hours to go, and I see that I'll have some tough choices to make. Let's see how it goes!

Terian

Looks like there's still a little time then.  One sec while I get a last minute application up.

Terian

Characteristics: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=54214
Fate: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=54216
Wounds: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=54217
Tarot Roll: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=54215

Name: Sariel Markian         Age: 24
Career: Battle Sister

Homeworld: Veritas II                    (Monastic Upbringing)
WS: 37  BS: 42  STR: 31  T: 30  AG: 35  INT: 30  PER: 27  WP: 33 FEL:  31
Tarot: The Gun Is Mightier then the Sword (+3 BS)
Income Level: N/A (Clergy?)

Experience (Unspent/Total):
250 XP: (Strength Basic)
100 XP: (Basic Weapon Training: SP)

Traits:
Sign of the Aquila: -10 to any action that would harm or or damage the Ecclesiarchy's interests, must pass WP test to avoid making sign of the Aquila when passing a shrine, or confronted by Chaotic Forces

Talents:
Hardy
Basic Weapon Training (Bolt, SP)
Unshakeable Faith
Hatred (Heretics)
Pure Faith

Basic Skills:
Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy, Imperial Creed) (Int)
Speak Low Gothic (Int)

Trained Skills:
Literacy (Int)
Speak High Gothic (Int)
Performer (Singer)

Equipment:
Soroitas Power Armour (No Helmet)
Godwyn-De'az Bolter
--2 extra magazines
Ring of Suffrage
Rule of the Sororitas (Copy)
Scoradia
Writing Kit
Shield Robes

Background
Sariel was the last daughter of the loyal Markian Dynasty--holders of a planetary title before it was usurped by traitors, and she was sent off at a young age, still largely unknown to the world at large, to be raised in secret while the might of the Imperium was gathered to reclaim the ancestral homelands...  Unfortunately, a mix-up in the paperwork ultimately lead to her own claim on the title being lost in the paper shuffle, and when the smoke all cleared, she was left bereft of titles, family, or anything vaguely resembling a life outside the small convent she was brought up within.  A bit of a general embarrassment when viewed from an omniscient viewpoint, but one that she largely rationalized as the Emperor's Hand reaching out to guide her to a somewhat more useful path then simply being another minor Governor.  Which is to say, being inducted as a Novice within the Order of the Bloody Rose, where she proved to be Exceedingly Capable in the arts of war--the sort of talent that only generally crops up a handful of times in every generation.

Naturally, this meant she was fast-tracked to Greater Things, and seconded to the Inquisition, passing their initial scrutiny evidently (Judging by the fact that she was returned to her initial training grounds in the first place), but it did ultimately come as a surprise when she was pulled away again and shuttled off to Emperor-Knows-Where.

All she could do was relax, assume everyone involved knew what they were doing, and make sure she was ready when she was needed.

Desired Ordos: Malleus or Hereticus are both fine with me, but I'm pretty flexible.

Personality

Sariel favors the direct approach usually--not one to mince words when the people of the Imperium suffer under the attentions of the the Traitor, the Witch, and the Alien, she holds a certain sense of martial expertise that belies her youth and relative inexperience in the field, as well as a strong sense for what is right and wrong.  Though perhaps not the most monastic of her Order, despite much of her early life being spent within an isolated convent, she has enough energy and fire that she would have been wasted as a nun of a minor priory.  Basically a decent sort, as long as you can get around some slightly hot-headed tendencies and a particular lack of aptitude at subtlety.

Appearance
Sariel isn't perfect--she certainly does make a good effort to play the part of a fine woman of the cloth, but despite her best efforts, she holds a decidedly aggressive streak that ultimately lead to her current profession within the Adepta Sororitas.  Her dark hair is perhaps a little longer then what's strictly regulation, easily reaching a ways below her shoulders when not armoured.  Her features are sharp and regal--implying a heritage of nobility before circumstances lead to her orphaned, marred only slightly by the small scar above her nose--a sign of training taken a little bit too far. 

Height: 1.70m

Build: Fit

Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Green

Group Associations:

Adepta Sororitas: Though barely out of her Novitate (Whether she actually Is or not is up to the GM), Sariel has gained attention in her early training due to her keen accuracy and impressive bladework, coupled with showing no signs of bad habits that might eventually cause Trouble.  Though a little hot-headed, this is often considered an Asset in her particular Order, and has not proven to be a major issue yet.

Nobility: Though she's taken on holy orders, and been disinherited due to administratum shenanagans, Sariel was still born in the high halls of society, and that counts for a great deal when blood-ties and lineage is considered to be a great deal, she's still mostly familiar with the necessary etiquette to dealing in those halls...

Inquisitor 1:
Inquisitor Jace Ramirez: Ordo Hereticus, a man of skill, discretion, and cunning who widely believes that if the populace at large knows what you've done, it's already a sign of your failure.  Consequently, he favors discreet movements, blackmail, and working through proxies to bring low figures who would dare harm the Imperium

Inquisitor 2:
Inquistor Kalas Everston:  Ordo Malleus, a former lay Priest who was shanghaied by the Inquisition at one point, managed to successfully perform an Exorcism during an operation that was starting to go wrong--saving it from a complete disaster--and has managed to bungle his way to an Inquisitorial Seat.  Enormously good at his job, but has an absent-minded disposition that tends to get people underestimating him.  Whether he's simply living under the Emperor's Gaze at all times, or if it's all an enormously elaborate ruse is a mystery in it's own right.

Orientation: Puritan, probably towards the Amalthian persusasion.

Other Notes:
Willing to forego the crazier equipment and go in with Shield Robes and maybe a decent shotgun for our first mission or so, if you need it to help keep things balanced.

Notes to GM:
Nothing off hand!

Dakkon

Alright, this ended up being pretty tricky in the end, but I’ve got our team of Acolytes put together. Sorry to those who didn’t make it, it was very, very close.

Enforcer Ritcher by Wargtass
Sevatar Khansin by HairyHeretic
Sarah Levin by Darkling
Tarkus Antoz (Dusk version) by SGTDan

Game thread is here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=195221.0

OCC thread is here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=195222.0

Please post your character sheet in the OCC thread and refrain from making other post there until everyone has their sheets up. Feel free to post as you wish in the game thread. I’m very excited to get this going!!

SGTDan

WooooO! Thank you Fallen, you made my night  ;D

Congrads to Darkling,Heretic and Wartgass.

Sorry about Terian,Fox and Baal but at least you guys have a great character you can use in another Dark Heresy game.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Yeah, when one pops up in another two years >.<
Call me Shadow
My A/A

HairyHeretic

If Black Crusade appeals to anyone I could always use my more players for that game.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Terian

That's what I get for sitting on my hands I guess.

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Terian

I think I was playing that before I had to take a few months off because my computer died, I thought it was dead.

ShadowFox89

Now to just figure out the chargen!
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Baalborn87

nope still alive and getting increasingly slaaneshi

ShadowFox89

Tzeentch-aligned who plans to turn the whole thing into a harem anime. Think I'll go with that concept.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Baalborn87

Dark mechanicum tech-adept. make of that what you will

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ShadowFox89

You'll have to PM me character creation details.
Call me Shadow
My A/A