Interest check ONLY: Fate/stay Night "sequel" [UN] (Modern mythological fantasy)

Started by Karma, November 01, 2009, 07:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fate/catharsis the end (Fate/stay night) [UN] (Modern mythological fantasy)

WARNING: The post below contains MAJOR spoilers for Fate/stay night, so if you intend to play it, be aware. This is also a work in progress, with some things subject to change, especially as I am still reading the Heaven's Feel route and may be unaware of certain mechanics. Along with being a WIP, this game will also not start immediately and maybe not even soon - I'm just putting this out there to be seen and maybe discussed.

Magic exists in the world.

MAGIC
It always has; magic is the underlying mechanism of the universe. Every being is born with a magic circuit -  it is part of the genetic code, and can be bred. Once magic was commonplace, from prehistory through to the European Middle Ages. However, as technology began to progress finally, magic diminished in use inversely, to the point of being a forgotten, even mocked existence.

MAGI
Still, a magical underground continued, centered on several families who, though significant selective breeding (and no small amount of inbreeding) have kept their magic circuits alive and powerful. These families, always wealthy but rarely able to afford more than their accommodations and the huge sums required to buy magic items, are always in competition over certain items and during events.

HOLY GRAIL
The greatest of these events and items is the Holy Grail War, which occurs whenever it pleases, though the families are usually able to predict it by enough time to prepare accordingly. The Holy Grail is not literally the cup of Christ, but a focusing point for enough magical energy that it is said to grant any wish. However, the Grail itself cannot be contacted directly by humans, and so the magi involved summon familiar entities known as Servants to fight for them, as these Servants are able to contact the Grail and thus fulfill the wish.

SERVANTS
Servants are no simple familiars. They are avatars of historical and mythological heroes, summoned from their place in the ether to fulfill their greatest wish by achieving the Holy Grail. They are not necessarily heroes in the classic sense, however – Medusa and Medea have been summoned along with the likes of Heracles and Arthur. Hero is used as a term for all important characters in the human consciousness. Indeed, it is the human consciousness that drives Servants – the awareness of a hero within said consciousness plays a large part in their power. A hero like Cu Chulainn would be at a disadvantage to Arthur, Sun Wukong, or Gilgamesh. And, though uncommon, heroes from the future or even the present can be summoned. As heroes have fallen by the wayside, there are few to choose from, and their presence in the human consciousness may not even exist yet in our time, limiting their potential power.

NOBLE PHANTASM
These heroes have access to all of their classic abilities, culminating in their ultimate abilities, the Noble Phantasm. Arthur's Avalon (the ultimate shield, possessing regenerative abilities for its wielder as well) and Heracles' 12 lives are just a few of the many possible Noble Phantasms. Heroes are not limited to just one, and they can be either passive or active, all depending on the hero's history, abilities, and available equipment.

SUMMONING SERVANTS
Upon the appearance of the Holy Grail, Magi perform highly regimented rituals in order to contact the other side and summon a servant. Much magical energy is sacrificed in the form of jewels that have been filled over time by (normally) the summoner him/herself, in order to contact the Grail and use it as a conduit. Only seven Servants will be summoned, one of  each class, as the Holy Grail itself enables their summoning and will only support so many. No magi has enough power to summon one alone.

SERVANT CLASSES
While some Servants will only appear for one class, many of them are applicable to several, and can usually be summoned into any class they fit even slightly.

KNIGHT CLASSES – Known for their magic resistance.
SABER – Swordsmen and women, masterful in the art of the blade. The “balanced” class. (Arthur, Lancelot)
LANCER – Wielders of lances, pikes, halberds, and so forth, these Servants are often very fast and agile. (Cuchulainn)
ARCHER – Long range attackers, skilled in evasion and precision. Often have a secondary skill in close range weaponry to protect themselves. (Robin Hood)

CASTER – The magician, generally with almost nonexistent melee and weapon combat ability. Able to manipulate the world, summon familiars, and do other magical things. Requires a Master of significant magical potential to power their abilities. (Medea, Gilles de Rais)
ASSASSIN – The stealthy, perfect killer. Often pulled from the historical Hashashin.
RIDER – Talented in mounted combat, Riders use the superior mobility and power of their mount as a channel for their particular battle ability, be it magical or weapon-based. (Medusa)
BERSERKER – Rarely summoned directly, Berserkers are created by their Masters upon summoning, turning the Servant into a nigh-unstoppable force of destructive power. The Servant loses much of their will, becoming slaves of their Master's will, but also losing much of their intelligence and guile. However, the conscious Hero is always trapped inside, aware of their actions, but unable to change them. (Heracles)

THE CONTRACT
The Servant and magi enter into a contract upon summoning, binding them together, and giving the magi three command spells, a three-part magical tattoo that allows the magi to extract perfect obedience from the Servant three times. However, upon the third use, the final part of the tattoo disappears, and the Servant is released from the contract. The Servant is then autonomous, but as Servants rely on magical replenishment from their Masters, there is a limit of only days before they run out and vanish from reality. It is easiest for a Servant to simply contract with a new Master at this point. Similarly, if a Master decides to give up the war, or has a significant disagreement with their Servant, the Master may relinquish their command spells and voluntarily end the contract.

THE WAR
As the primary members of the Holy Grail War number only 14 individuals, it is not a war of overt attack and confrontation. There is often a long period of initial information gathering as the Masters and Servants get to know each other and their strengths and weaknesses, as well as attempting to discover the identities of the other Masters and Servants. Masters will rarely travel without their Servants, as Masters are merely human and far more vulnerable than the Servants. In battle, Masters can rarely serve as more than an annoyance to Servants without significant planning and almost certainly some incredible magical items. Masters can be potent against each other, of course. The war continues until only one Master/Servant pair remains, as both are required to activate the Grail. All six other Servants must be eliminated, but the fate of the Masters is irrelevant to the Grail.

THE CHURCH
Despite their publicly professed positions, the upper echelons of the Catholic Church have always been aware of and interacted with magic. Throughout history they have acted as a forward line of defense against malicious magical forces, though their methods and ultimate goals do not always apply to a traditional interpretation of morals, even their own. For each war, the Church has provided one priest to serve as a mediator, observer, and sanctuary for defeated or withdrawn magi. The priest will work to keep the war in secret as well, cleaning up after the effects of the war.

OTHER PLAYERS
Main families comprise at least 75% of all of the Grail's historical participant magi, but they are not the only ones allowed to participate. However, the ritual itself was designed by the main families, and so knowledge of this war and especially the summoning ritual does not stretch very far beyond them and their associates. While humanity as a society never realizes the existence of the war due to the families' rigorous protection of it and corrections of its larger effects, the more aware elements of magical society knows that it goes on and covet its rewards.

THE SETTING
Upon the conclusion of the Fifth Holy Grail War in Fuyuki City, rogue elements of the main families of that War and several independents banded together to try and recreate this Grail elsewhere without their involvement. The region chosen was the small but prosperous city of Mahkate, Michigan, near the border with Ohio. As with all grand summonings of this type, the placement of the ritual was chosen quite deliberately by the group responsible, as Mahkate has a strong magical ley line and a magical history dating back centuries, and a relative obscurity that aids in suppressing knowledge of the war.

Initial plot considerations are that only "villainous" Heroic Spirits are summoned, or something similarly bizarre. It's likely that I would play an older Tohsaka Rin. As for players, I would want a small game with no more than 4 Masters, though any number of players could take non-Master roles, though the potential for those roles is slim. However, I'd like each PC Master to have a Servant played by someone else - in order to keep the game small, each Master player would also play a Servant of another player. The remaining three Master/Servant teams would be NPC.

So... any thoughts?

CONFIRMED CHARACTERS

SERVANTS and MASTERS

Archer/Doc Holiday - Loki Caprion
Master

Assassin/Elizabeth Bathory - Trippingserpent
Master

Berserker/Arcueid Brunestud - TheWriter
Tohsaka Rin - Karma

Caster
Master

Lancer/Tomoe Gozen - Jadzi
Master - Hitura Caprion

Rider/Loki - Zadaris
Master

Saber/Jeanne d'Arc - Chuukun
Master

Undecided masters:
Chuukun, Niki, Jadzi, TheWriter (Jessica)

Undecided servants:
Oni Kirin

Professor Loki Caprion

You know I'd be down for it; and that's strange for me, since I rarely do groups! Word up.
The Professor is drifting through time and space...

Discord: Professor Ravenhurst#8936

Ons/Offs | Ideas | A&As (Apr 28, 2016) | The Lab | Elluiki

Oni Kirin

Sign me up. I already have a decent idea of what kind of Servant I would play, but I suppose I have to play another's Servant, so they would get to choose? I am a bit confused as to how you are making these kind's or rules, so if you could possibly explain?

You'll get to choose, but the best option would be to work with another player to make the decision, I'd think. It would make it nice and smooth if you play a Servant both of you enjoy.

Oni Kirin

Well, so long as someone does not mind me playing a manipulative type of servant/master, I'm game. When it comes to this kind of thing, I am best as playing the antagonist. Of course, I can play a goody two shoes, too.

Zadaris

I'm certainly down for this if you'll have me. I love FSN and I think you really need to read the visual novel to see some of the best parts.  ;D
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

Zadaris

I like to think so  ;D

I first saw then anime of it and I was hooked on that but then learned of the VN and just had to read it. Heaven's Feel is my favourite route because it is so dark and sinister.
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

Chuukun

If you're still in HF, prepare to die.... A LOT!

Anyway, i'm interested in joining this =D

Niki315

I saw the anime, am collecting the manga, and I downloaded the VN, but I can't get it to work on my computer... I've done just about everything I could possibly try.  I'm going to have a friend come over to help troubleshoot it, maybe re-download it and start from scratch.
Anyway, I'm 100% into this!  I was actually almost considering starting my own Fate/Stay Rp...  I was considering using BESM rules for it, but free-form is good too ^^

Chuukun

I once wanted to run a forum based on this, but it seemed like there were too few people interested in F/S N for it to work. The plot hinged on there suddenly being a lot more servants. So, as a sort of precaution, I made a list of potential servants and their class, so if there are people interested in it or looking for an inspiration, I could post it.

Niki315

I still have a lot of the stuff I was putting together for my rp.  I'll probably end up pulling from there ^^
Anyway, I'd be happy to play either master or a servant so based on what openings there are and what the other players want, I'll fill in.

Cassiopeia

I'm not familiar with the series but this sounds fascinating!  I think I'd probably be best as a servant, I had a couple ideas in mind but I'm open, that is if there's still availability :P  I'd preferably play a female, that's what I'm best at. 

Oh my, more people than I had expected in my wildest dreams! Well, if there are this many, we may not need to double up Masters and Servants.

Also, I'd totally love to see the stuff you've made already. Let's see if it fits!

Oni Kirin

Browsing the net, I have already come across who I wish to play! I have the PERFECT picture of him, too, so whenever we get this started, I am all ready to make a Servant in the form of a sadistic male assassin for whomever wants him! Also, if need be, I can also try playing one of the Masters.

So y'all know, I plan to play an older Tohsaka Rin as my Master.

She'll work well as the "GM" character with her previous experience of this kind of War and her status as a top-grade Magus, especially after five years of training in England. I don't want very many returning canon characters other than her, so if you have that in mind, you'll have to convince me. ;D

Cassiopeia

Out of curiosity are you going to be pairing up masters and servants or are we going to be left to our own devices? ... how dangerous! :P

Well, this thread will be a good place to get that all straightened out - the only thing I'm really concerned about is making sure the pairings work well. Also, I don't want any doubling up on classes, for obvious reasons. :)

Transgirlenstein

Hm I wouldn't mind playing a Master or Servant.

I would rather play a Servant personally
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Ah, a note: It's much more feasible for those who don't have much experience with the setting to play Servants rather than Masters.

Transgirlenstein

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

I'm also open to the idea of Masters who join the war under special circumstances - that is, if the War went normally, they would never even know it existed. After all, that's the entire premise of the novel: Shirou became a Master by accident. (Though as the novel goes on it becomes apparent that it was actually no accident at all, heh)

Risa

Ironically, I just finished this series. I might be up for it, though I'm not really as educated about the plot and stuff as I should be. I'm in love with Rider x_x;; And I adore Illya xD

Chuukun

Alright, the following is a list I put together to illustrate what people I could envision as Servants. The names in the bracers is what I thought up as possible Noble Phantasms or how they could fight). Some could be summoned as another class as well, like, say, Leonidas or Musashi could also be Sabers, for example.

Saber
Jeanne d'Arc
Siegfried (Sword Gram)
Hua Mulan
Beowulf
Hyppolyta (Belt of Ares)

Rider
Alexander the Great
Icarus (Wings of Icarus)
Buffalo Bill
Genghis Khan
Davy Jones

Archer
Robin Hood
William Tell
Cleopatra (including a horse-carriage)

Berserker
Headless Horseman, Dullahan
Enkidu
Samson

Caster
Vlad the Impaler (Necromancer+Blood)
Remus
Prometheus (God's fire)
Faust (Warlock)

Assassin
Miyamoto Musashi
Laertes (from Hamlet)
Sindbad
Zorro

Lancer
Leonidas
Achilles
Guan Yu

I'd like to note here that I would really much like to play Jeanne d'Arc as a Saber.

Incidentally though, going by the rules of summoning, you could pretty much summon ANY fictional character. Meaning you could probably summon Batman or Superman to fight for you. But then again, that would be kind of silly, right?

Transgirlenstein

Professor Loki Caprion

Oddly enough... I may actually want to play a Servant in this! Yes, I know the setting relatively well and I'm more of a Dom, but Servants can just do cooler crap!

Especially if I can be an Archer-Class Doc Holiday or Billy the Kid!

Chuukun

Hmm, I'm not saying it is impossible, but if I recall correctly, the class Archer was desribed as:

Quote"Archer. Master of the bow."

So I'm not sure if a gun or revolver would qualify =D

Professor Loki Caprion

Quote from: Chuukun on November 02, 2009, 02:55:01 PM
Hmm, I'm not saying it is impossible, but if I recall correctly, the class Archer was desribed as:

"Archer. Master of the bow."

So I'm not sure if a gun or revolver would qualify =D

True, but didn't archer in the series use almost everything but a bow? Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

Chuukun

Hmm, actually, you have a very good point there. But Archer was noted to be very Archer-unlike. Yet Gilgamesh was also only classified as an Archer because he fired his weapons out of his vault. Forgot that.

Okay, so I'd say revolvers are valid, although admittedly a bit of a game breaker. After all, who would bring a gun to a swordfight? ^^

As I said before, if anyone is interested in reading the novel, PM me and I'll arrange it. ^_^

Niki315

Well, if you have something set up to read the novel I'd be happy to try it.  I just haven't gotten it to work so far.
Also, I planned to use Che Guevara as an Archer in my game and he used a rifle. ^^  I figured that the intense powers of the ether were enough to increase the powers of the servants by enough to make bullets non-game-breaking.  Also, Archer could throw his weapons like Gilgamesh, and I believe he does have a bow and arrow he uses in one of the story lines.
I'll look up my notes from the Fate/Stay Rp I was working on and see about sending them to you tomorrow.  You might like it ^^

Chuukun

Well, don't know if anyone read this, but in Fate/Zero, the prequel to Fate/Stay Night, the battles of the fourth Grail War were detailed. It included a servant who could make anything he touched into a noble phantasm. And yes, he used that on submachine guns and a F15J fighter jet.

Cassiopeia

Sweet!  Hyppolyta was one I already had in mind ^_^  If no one has any objections I'd love to play her!

Zadaris

Dullahan! The perfect specimen for a servant. Another that I think would make a good Rider Class would be El Sid.

Niki315

So it's looking like I'm going to be a Magus.  ^^ I'll start designing a concept and linking myself to one of the servants...

Transgirlenstein

I think I might play Elizabeth Bathory..not sure what type she will be yet

Transgirlenstein

I will be the servant Elizabeth Bathory who is an assasain using charm abilities.  Better to charm people into her blood bath  >:)

Oni Kirin

So, wait...we have to RP as an actual pre-made Servant? I thought we got to make them up...

Chuukun

That's what we're doing, aren't we? The list I posted earlier were what I thought would make good Servants, as a suggestion to others.

By the way, when do you think this game can start, RiderKarma?

Niki315

I think once the Servants are determined, it'll be easier to make tie a Magus to each of them.  A Magus that summons a Servant is usually tied, in some way, to the Servant, so we'd have to come up with those eventually.
My suggestion:  Servants should start working out characters right away and specify what sort of master or player they would like to work with.  From there, the Masters can be made and then the game can start.  Otherwise, making all Servants or all Masters would work a little faster...

DeviantMunster

I'd also be interested in making a character, though I see Jeanne's been called already! I was thinking maybe playing as either an Archer character (Lady Mary Killingrew) or a Saber servant (Brynhildr).

Welcome, Deviant! Yes, you do get to choose your Servant. I would strongly prefer you choose real (or close to) historical figures, and if not, create enough of a history that you can back it up in any situation. Again, I don't want multiple of one class as that would be confusing for obvious reasons. Niki's right that it would be helpful for the Servants to be ready first, as the magi can be adapted to them far more easily than the reverse.

As for starting time, I'm not sure. It can probably start sooner if I set up some co-GMs, since I have things going on in my personal life that won't let me focus on this as much as I'd like to GM alone.

I've just finished reading Heaven's Feel, so I'm as familiar with the setting now as I can reasonably be, and I'd like a co-GM to be on that sort of level with me. Hit me up in PMs if you think you're up to it! :)

TheWriter

I'm interested if there's still room, either as a master or servant.  If Karma's intent on keeping it in the Nasuverse, I've got an interesting idea for a Caster who, depending on how much rulebending Karma can tolerate, could work equally well as a Berserker.  If not, I'm a Sanguo and Feudal fanatic; I'll find someone.

DeviantMunster

I'm unsure what classes have been chosen yet, precisely. Or what are left! As for historical... there aren't exactly an amazing amount of females in history, and considering Hercules, Arthur, the greek magician (can't recall her name at the moment!), and a completely non-history related character (Archer) were present in the series, I don't see why Brynhildr couldn't be present! If you have any other suggestions though, please tell ! My mind isn't as creative as I'd like.

Let's get a rundown of confirmed characters so we can fix any multiples now. I'm not dead set on Zhuge Liang as Caster, since that was just a passing concept for me as I watched Red Cliff. I know Trip is using Bathory/Assassin, so who else has chosen?

Professor Loki Caprion

Zadaris

After some deliberation I've decided I'll use a Rider class: Loki.

This Holy Grail war is as good as mine!

*laughs evily*

Professor Loki Caprion

Quote from: Zadaris on November 10, 2009, 07:05:07 PM
After some deliberation I've decided I'll use a Rider class: Loki.

This Holy Grail war is as good as mine!

*laughs evily*

... wait, what?! Who's riding me?!

TheWriter

Karma, can you check your PMs and tell me if you'll allow that?

I'll throw in Arcueid Brunestud as a Caster or Berserker, whichever needs a slot filled.  If I'm needed to come up with a Master character, I'll do that as well.

Oni Kirin

Whaaat? I thought I called Assassin first...that kinda sucks, because I totally wanted to be Hanzo Hattori as the Assassin....well, dammit, now I have to completely rethink who I am going to be. ><

Ah, you're right... you did mention that. It wasn't specific, so I forgot. You can still have it if you want it.

Oni Kirin

No, its ok. If he was given the spot, I can come up with something else. ^_^ It just might take a bit for me to find a decent pic for them. If you can edit the First Post, or make a separate thread for open slots/taken slots, that would be a big help, too.

Not sure what you mean... unless you're talking about what I've already done. :P

Also, Writer, I wrote you in as Berserker since it makes the most sense.

TheWriter

Berserker it is, then.

Just another quick question; exactly who will be supervising the War?  Obviously an NPC from the Church; any particulars yet?

I'll be having Tohsaka sent in to observe and report but also to participate. She won't be the supervisor like Kotomine, however. I haven't laid out that part yet - something to discuss here and between GMs.

Chuukun

As I said in the post where I posted my list, I would like to play Jeanne d'Arc as a Saber-class Servant, if possible.

TheWriter

If there is still a need for NPC Servants, I nominate Lu Bu as a Lancer.  His Tien Fang Xi is already a Noble Phantasm in its own right; it's in Gilgamesh's vault.

Oni Kirin

Grrr...Writer, wait til I pick my class, plz, until you nominate NPCs. ><

I expect all the Servants will be played. Also, Oni, you could use Lu Bu if you wanted. :P

TheWriter

Sorry if it sounded like it, but I wasn't intending to force your hand or anything, Kirin.  I only put the name forward if there was a need for him; it's not like my word is law.

Jadzi

Aww. Loki was telling me about this one, but it looks like I'm too late and all the Servants are taken. :P

Curious though: not using the Avenger servant class?

Avenger is an anomaly class, not a real one. To say any more would be massive spoilers. xD

I know Oni still will make a Servant... there are two openings, however. Is anyone else looking to make a Servant that's already posted? Otherwise, we do have room for you as a Servant, Jadzi.

Edit: Oops, yeah, read through the thread again. Servants are full up it seems. Cassiopeia wanted Hyppolyta as Saber, but Chuukun called Saber first. x_x; Assuming she still wants to take a role, she and Oni will be the last two. I'm hoping people are just holding back on magi until the servants are set... Otherwise, we have a severe unbalance.

TheWriter

I, for one, was waiting for the Servants to finalize before deciding on a Master character.  On that note, when players begin to come up with Masters, perhaps it'd be a good idea to explain what a magi needs to call upon a Servant.  More to the point, how 'accidental' summonings like Shirou's can occur.

TheWriter

Pfft, fine.

To summon a particular Hero, Masters either need an abundant source of mana, or something to negate the need for so much magical energy.  The method behind the first option is usually the mana-filled jewels or relics that Karma mentions in her first post.  The amount of mana required varies from Hero to Hero; as Karma said it has to do with the renown of the Hero, how old their legend is, and how powerful they were reputed to be.  Summoning Joan of Arc, for instance, would be more difficult than summoning Doc Holliday; partly because Joan of Arc is more renowned than Doc, partly because her legend has been around for longer, and partly because she is perceived as having more spiritual power (being chosen by God).  Contrastly, summoning Loki is greatly more difficult than any of them, having existed outside the human concept of time, and having the power of a god himself.

The method behind the second is to use a catalyst, an item with a significant sympathetic connection with the intended Servant; that is, something that was close to the Hero during their life.  This is ideal when the Master has very little or no magical power of his own, or when the prospective Servant is normally outside the Master's abilities to summon.  As an example, being a mage of next-to-no aptitude Shirou was only able to summon this particular figure as Saber because he unknowingly possessed this at the time.  Catalysts can also be used unintentionally, as demonstrated by Rin summoning this particular figure as Archer, using a mana-charged gem that actually served as a catalyst.

When compared to the other Servants portrayed in FSN, the ones chosen by people here would need much less mana, seeing as their stories comparatively don't date back too far.  The exceptions to this would be Loki (a much older legend) and Joan of Arc (a Hero of exceptional spiritual power).  Whoever chooses these Servants for their Master character would more than likely need to do a little background research into their Hero, and decide on a catalyst to use.  Calling Loki, for instance, could require a powerful relic from Norse mythology, such as Mjolnir.  Joan of Arc could be summoned using one of her old letters, or a standard she bore into battle, or the arrow that pierced her neck at the Battle of Les Tourelles.

Chuukun

Incredibly well-written, TheWriter. And from my knowledge of the Nasuverse, I can only concur.

Chuukun

By the way, since we've gone to such lengths to explain and outline the servants, I'd say it's time people learn what Magi they could play as Masters. Of course, aside from rogue or unknown Magi, there are also well-known families and bloodlines that could participate. Read them up here!

I liked it better when magician was sorcerer... it kept it separated and identifiable.

Chuukun

I have pretty much finished writing up an app for Saber/Jeanne d'Arc, and I already have an idea for a master-character. Would a sibling of Luvia Edelfelt be acceptable? Her family is mentioned as having the special trait of always producing two magically gifted offsprings in each generation after all...

Chuukun

I'm not quite sure if it's even going to be a 'she'. After all, there was just this one case with the twins and just saying "two successors at the same time" leaves room for interpretation, but yeah, nothing's decided yet. If you want it to be a sister, sure, why not?

Though it would be kind of amusing if she would get along with Rin since her sister doesn't, don't you think?

Hah, I don't mind either way, but it makes sense for Rin and an Edelfelt to have some kind of rapport... Luviagelita was a roommate or at least a rival, if I recall.

Chuukun

More like mortal enemies... if you read the article I linked, it says there that, instead of becoming roommates, they fought with each other and got banned because of the destruction they caused. So yeah, I think they pretty much hate each other.

(then again, their relationship is pretty much the result of what you get when you sic two tsunderes at each other, so yeah)

The twin would be pretty much the opposite of Luvia, soft-spoken and polite, although still retaining this hidden viciousness when it comes to battle. So, maybe a potential master for a Berserker?

Heh, gotcha. It is a good fit for Berserker, but Rin already is the Master there. Guess I never mentioned that. Consider it official! Edited the roster to reflect pairings.

Chuukun

Well, Loki might do just as fine then =D the bigger, the better. Not gonna get beaten by Tohsaka.

Oh, by the way, I've been wondering: Since the canon scenario of Fate/Stay Night for this rp is Heavens Feel, doesn't that mean that there are still Sakura and her Servant Rider around, sorta like Gilgamesh was before? Doesn't that mean they could intervene as well?

Yep, they could. Though, the greatest odds of that happening would be because Rin requested their aid, I think.

Chuukun

Mkay, so let's talk about the plot there for a minute... If I recall correctly, the grail was utterly destroyed after the fifth Heavens Feel. So there shouldn't be any possibility for mages to summon the Servants. Maybe a group of rogue sorcerers has created another, as of yet uncorrupted (or maybe corrupted from the start) Grail and the Clock Tower organization resolves to destroy it right away so to destroy the Grail and end its evilness (even if that hadn't taken hold of it yet)? To summon it, maybe that had to offer huge amounts of mana by sacrificing an entire city of innocent people or something like that, something so drastic that would force the proper magi to act?

So with that in mind, you could argue that the Masters more or less are reactive in their summoning. Maybe the ones who had created the Grail made it possible to have more than one Servant of a class out, so there could be more than one Sabers and Archers? Maybe they already had Servants summoned so that the two Master-Servant-fractions clash?

Excuse me for rambling a bit, but I was hit by a jolt of inspiration, if you could call it that...

Btw, @ TheWriter: Why summon Arcueid? She isn't dead yet, as far as I know and the Nasuverse is pretty consistent, so shouldn't Arcueid be still pretty much be alive during those events? Regardless of that, could she even die for real? And would she really qualify as a Heroic spirit then? Nothing against your choice, I like Arcueid, but it seems a bit weird. I mean, 5th War Archer made sense in context...

TheWriter

QuoteMkay, so let's talk about the plot there for a minute... If I recall correctly, the grail was utterly destroyed after the fifth Heavens Feel. So there shouldn't be any possibility for mages to summon the Servants.  Maybe a group of rogue sorcerers has created another, as of yet uncorrupted (or maybe corrupted from the start) Grail and the Clock Tower organization resolves to destroy it right away so to destroy the Grail and end its evilness (even if that hadn't taken hold of it yet)? To summon it, maybe that had to offer huge amounts of mana by sacrificing an entire city of innocent people or something like that, something so drastic that would force the proper magi to act?
For the record, Kiritsugu believed he had utterly destroyed the Holy Grail as well.  While it'd be very ironic, it is likely that Shirou messed up as well.  Also, the Grail War itself is the summoning ritual; the mana required for it usually comes from the magical energy of six defeated Servants.  Although, yes, it is possible to, if someone completely grasps the process of the Holy Grail as Medea did, to summon it using an alternative energy source such as an entire city.  To end the evilness of the Grail War, the target can't be the Holy Grail, but Angra Mainyu itself, the evil that corrupts it.  Perhaps the Mage's Association came to this conclusion, and this is their end goal in starting a new Grail War? 

QuoteWhy summon Arcueid? She isn't dead yet, as far as I know and the Nasuverse is pretty consistent, so shouldn't Arcueid be still pretty much be alive during those events? Regardless of that, could she even die for real? And would she really qualify as a Heroic spirit then? Nothing against your choice, I like Arcueid, but it seems a bit weird. I mean, 5th War Archer made sense in context...
If you want to get technical it's up to interpretation, but Arcueid is dead.  Canon ending for Tsukihime is Near Side route, Arc's True ending; she dies trying to finish Roa/SHIKI without endangering Shiki.  It's one of the very few things the anime got right.  In fact, you almost kill her yourself; she spends the rest of the story holding herself together with gaffer tape.  As for qualifying as a Hero, she'd defeated nearly every other fallen vampire in history and the first seventeen different incarnations of Roa, not to mention having great power and was renowned for it amongst the Church (through the mutual agreement they had while hunting Roa and her dealings with Ciel) and the Magi (Zelretch was for all intensive purposes her surrogate grandfather).

The trick about Angra Mainyu, I believe, is that he was trapped in that specific Great Holy Grail. I don't think another one created elsewhere would also be infested by him. The Association was mad at Rin after the war more about her involvement in closing a gate to the Origin more than they were about everything else so it seems at least some elements of it would be in favor of trying again, but this time without the disastrous involvement of the Einzberns.

Jadzi

Quote from: Karma on November 12, 2009, 02:23:12 AM
Avenger is an anomaly class, not a real one. To say any more would be massive spoilers. xD

I figured as much, I was just curious how it was being handled.  :P

Quote from: Karma on November 12, 2009, 02:23:12 AMI know Oni still will make a Servant... there are two openings, however. Is anyone else looking to make a Servant that's already posted? Otherwise, we do have room for you as a Servant, Jadzi.

Edit: Oops, yeah, read through the thread again. Servants are full up it seems. Cassiopeia wanted Hyppolyta as Saber, but Chuukun called Saber first. x_x; Assuming she still wants to take a role, she and Oni will be the last two. I'm hoping people are just holding back on magi until the servants are set... Otherwise, we have a severe unbalance.

No problem at all. I'd had the idea of using Tomoe Gozen in some fashion or other (I say 'some fashion' due to her sheer versatility), but failing that, I might try for a Master. I have a thought of a certain someone that might summon the dear Doctor over there. >:)

Ooh, I like the idea of Tomoe Gozen... As for multiples of a class and extra Servants, I'd say we can find a way to work that in if/when we fill out the Master roles and then only if there will be a Master to accompany.

Chuukun

Quote from: TheWriter on November 12, 2009, 06:04:34 PM
For the record, Kiritsugu believed he had utterly destroyed the Holy Grail as well.  While it'd be very ironic, it is likely that Shirou messed up as well.  Also, the Grail War itself is the summoning ritual; the mana required for it usually comes from the magical energy of six defeated Servants.  Although, yes, it is possible to, if someone completely grasps the process of the Holy Grail as Medea did, to summon it using an alternative energy source such as an entire city.  To end the evilness of the Grail War, the target can't be the Holy Grail, but Angra Mainyu itself, the evil that corrupts it.  Perhaps the Mage's Association came to this conclusion, and this is their end goal in starting a new Grail War?

The grail, even if not fully destroyed, was said to be dismantled by Waver Velvet, aka. Riders Master during the 4th Holy Grail war. Whatever that means, but I always figured that it meant it stopped working altogether.

Quote from: TheWriter on November 12, 2009, 06:04:34 PMIf you want to get technical it's up to interpretation, but Arcueid is dead.  Canon ending for Tsukihime is Near Side route, Arc's True ending; she dies trying to finish Roa/SHIKI without endangering Shiki.  It's one of the very few things the anime got right.  In fact, you almost kill her yourself; she spends the rest of the story holding herself together with gaffer tape.  As for qualifying as a Hero, she'd defeated nearly every other fallen vampire in history and the first seventeen different incarnations of Roa, not to mention having great power and was renowned for it amongst the Church (through the mutual agreement they had while hunting Roa and her dealings with Ciel) and the Magi (Zelretch was for all intensive purposes her surrogate grandfather).

But she was virtually unknown. Humanity had no clue who she was and there is probably no legend attached to her. So she lacks the very foundation of being a Heroic Spirit. She may have saved the world, but it is questionable if she did agree to becoming a Spirit and even if so, I think she would not have her full strength due to being virtually unknown...

If anything, I'd say Arcueid would better make a cameo appearance of sorts than to be summoned (say, following an ending in which she did survive).

TheWriter

Quote from: Chuukun on November 13, 2009, 12:22:43 AM
The grail, even if not fully destroyed, was said to be dismantled by Waver Velvet, aka. Riders Master during the 4th Holy Grail war. Whatever that means, but I always figured that it meant it stopped working altogether.
That contradicts Kotomine Kirei being able to use the Grail at the end of the 4th War, wishing everything within his vicinity to be destroyed and starting the fire that torched everyone but Shirou.

QuoteBut she was virtually unknown. Humanity had no clue who she was and there is probably no legend attached to her. So she lacks the very foundation of being a Heroic Spirit. She may have saved the world, but it is questionable if she did agree to becoming a Spirit and even if so, I think she would not have her full strength due to being virtually unknown...
The Fuyuki Wiki defines a Heroic Spirit as "A soul that has reached the point of being remembered based on the magnitude of the alteration of destiny".  Unchecked, the Dead Apostles would have led the world to ruin.  Arcueid's actions altered that destiny (indeed, Arcueid's Marble Phantasm is itself the power to shape destiny) and through her liaisons with the Church and Mages' Association, she is remembered for doing such.  Keep in mind that Arcueid, while only appearing briefly, still has over 800 years of history behind her. 

Admittedly it isn't as widespread recognition as, say, King Arthur, and yes, that would limit her power as a Servant.  But Arcueid as she was in Tsukihime, already at under 30% power (70% dedicated to resisting her vampiric impulses, with even more power diverted to holding herself together after Shiki sliced her up) is still supposedly four times that of the average Hero, and (already severely limited, remember) at least on even terms with the canon's most powerful Servant, Gilgamesh.  Taking that into account, making Arc a Servant herself actually makes for a fairly balancing handicap.

Quote from: Chuukun on November 13, 2009, 12:22:43 AM

For some reason my post didn't take. Anyway, the war taking place in Fate/stay was the fifth war, with the Grail being the same as in the fourth. Whatever Velvet did, it most certainly was not dismantling the Grail.

As for Arcueid, I'm against the idea, but I like it, if that makes sense. So I end up neutral on the subject and can't speak either way.

Chuukun

Ah sorry, sorry, there was a typo. I meant after the 5th Holy Grail War, Rin, after returning to Fuyuki City, narrated something about Velvet dismantling the grail.

TheWriter

After Rin gets back...that would make it from Hollow Ataraxia?  Well, I can't say I've played that, but from what I've heard it's got some rather silly stuff in it, least of all the Kaleidostick.  That's enough to make me ask questions about how canon that all is.  Having said that, Ataraxia being canon or not, I'll concede it is generally accepted that the 5th would be the last Grail War ever.  But, as Karma established for this game...
Quoterogue elements of the main families of that War and several independents banded together to try and recreate this Grail elsewhere without their involvement.
5th War Caster has set the precedent possibility of an unsanctioned Holy Grail.  With a bit of study, those rogue elements could glean the process from the ruins of her 'temple'.  I would envision this as the rogue group's first attempt.

Chuukun

Quote from: TheWriter on November 13, 2009, 09:13:42 AM
After Rin gets back...that would make it from Hollow Ataraxia?  Well, I can't say I've played that, but from what I've heard it's got some rather silly stuff in it, least of all the Kaleidostick.  That's enough to make me ask questions about how canon that all is.  Having said that, Ataraxia being canon or not, I'll concede it is generally accepted that the 5th would be the last Grail War ever.

Actually, I was referring to the epilogue of Heavens Feel, the one where it is revealed who survived and how. Rin mentions in passing that her mentor, a certain Velvet, did dismantle the holy grail. Check here for reference.

But yeah, since the premise is that Rogue elements are recreating the grail, one could say that they used a mixture of residue elements of the Grail, a whole bunch of innocents and dark, forbidden magic to build up a new, evil and maybe flawed Holy Grail.

TheWriter

Fair enough.  I'm more familiar with Unlimited Blade Works than Heaven's Feel; I just like Rin more than Sakura, I guess.  That one has Rin leaving for the Academy in the epilogue, as opposed to returning.

Either way, I've got to come up with a mook with a magic circuit.  I was thinking someone from the Eltnam line, then I realised I'd be inventing a marysue sister to Sion, so I'm gonna try and think of an accidental Master.

Chuukun

Hey, same here, I'm a Rin-fanboy as well. Plus, her turning Caster into a punching ball was one of the most awesome scenes ever. Sakura, I already couldn't stand because of her soft, sighing, Hinata-esque voice from the beginning. But hey, there's going to be a Fate/stay movie and guess what route it is based on? UBW, all the way! Hehe, can't wait for the movie and its translation.

I haven't played Ataraxia either, but I think it's fun. You get to see the characters in a different light, which is refreshing. I just need to wait for the translation (which might be out in a year or two) or study Japanese harder than I already do. Btw., if you look at the backstory, I'd say it is pretty canon. After all, the whole game is pretty much just happening in someones head.

TheWriter

Master character.  Not geared particularly towards a certain Servant, so whoever wants to play Servant to her is welcome.  Just contact me by PM.

Jessica Bishop
An agent of the CIA, sent to investigate a series of mysterious murders in the south Michigan area.  The major suspects are individuals who recently arrived from Europe, hence the matter attracting federal interest.  During her investigation she discovers a body with the left hand removed.  At the scene of the crime, a ghost approaches her, the Servant of the dead Master.  The Servant notices a dormant magic circuit within the agent, and explains the situation; the agent deduces that participating in the Grail War will eventually lead her to the killer, and decides to forge a new contract with the Servant, despite having no idea what she's getting into.

Has no experience as a mage, but is a fully fledged agent, trained in self-defense and marksmanship.  Main tactic will be to attack the Master directly while the Servants are distracted fighting each other.  However, she is bound by orders to bring in all material witnesses alive, so will not shoot to kill.

We've already moved on, but just to be clear, the status of the Fuyuki Great Holy Grail doesn't matter because that's not the one we're using. :P

Chuukun

Yeah, so maybe your character could be investigating about the mass genocide that wiped out the city. Still, there are some more issues about it.

Considering that she would discover a body without the command spells, you could either think that someone took the servant, like it happened to Lancer or it was an unrelated accident. Bazetts arm was chopped off and Kirei took Lancer as his own Servant. If the arm was missing, it would be a real coincidence if that didn't had something to do with the War and her Servant. Maybe the master just died and left the Servant behind?

If it was an accident, I'd say that maybe the Archer class would be best, because of their trait of "Independent Action", which allows them to act without a master for sometime. Archer could do it for two days and Gilgamesh was able to retain his physical body indefinitely (although that had something to do with the grail). The other Servants can only remain in the world for a few hours after the contract is terminated. (I recall Saber saying that, if Shirou decides not to fight in the Grail War, she could retain her body for two more hours at most, after having fought already that day).

Plus, Doc Holliday being an American hero and teaming up with another American would make sense =D

Niki315

So far, for the servants listed, I don't think a priestess would work.  I was going to be a Houjutsushi, but it doesn't look like that'll work out.  Hmm... what other concepts could I pull...

Jadzi

Aye, it'd be a good idea to come up with another concept, if only as a contingency. Remember, there's still two servants to be decided, and an off chance another might replaced, so I wouldn't completely count out a priestess just yet.

TheWriter

To be fair, the Servant that may be replaced already has a Master, so the point is kind of moot.  Having said that, perhaps the last two Servant players could keep a priestess Master in mind when choosing an eirei?

Quote from: Chuukun on November 13, 2009, 11:05:20 AM
Considering that she would discover a body without the command spells, you could either think that someone took the servant, like it happened to Lancer or it was an unrelated accident. Bazetts arm was chopped off and Kirei took Lancer as his own Servant. If the arm was missing, it would be a real coincidence if that didn't had something to do with the War and her Servant. Maybe the master just died and left the Servant behind?
Jessica did not investigate the Fuyuki incidents, and she would have no knowledge of the Holy Grail War before meeting her eventual Servant.  To her, it would be a run-of-the-mill murder scene: victim killed with a blade/gunshot/weapon of choice; hand perhaps not necessarily cut off, but perhaps mutilated (what would happen to the command spells if the tattoos were damaged beyond recognition?).  Suddenly bam, Servant appears, sets the cards straight, etcetera.

DigitLninja

I am currently watching Fate Stay Night the anime as we speak and I have an Idea for an assassin class servant, that is if people don't mind a little Anime mini crossover reference.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Jadzi

I think we have an Assassin already. Though given it's been a couple weeks, might be a good idea to make sure everyone's still paying attention.

For reference, I'm still up for using Tomoe in some method or other, or a master.

DigitLninja

Dang, well what classes are you still looking for? Oh and I officially finished the series.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Were all the previous interested players still here, the Servants would be filled. I'm going to send out a PM to all the confirmed players since it seems no one's paying attention to this thread anymore...

Chuukun

Sorry I was quiet for a while, but here is the tentative app for my master:

Name: Finagelita Edelfelt
Servant: -open-

Appearance:
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8484/finagelitaedelfelt.jpg

History:
The younger sister of Luviagelita (Or short, Luvia), Finagelita (or short, Fina) always stood in the shadow of Luvia. That was probably for the best though, because the tempers of the two sisters couldn't be more different. Where Luvia is loud and bossy, Fina tends to be amiable and friendly, and where Luvia is strong and confident, Fina tends to be more self-conscious than confident.

She is adept at the Gandr-Curse, like her bloodline usually is known for. She has in fact taken it to such a level that her Gandr-Shot can even physically hurt people, when in fact, the Gandr-Curse was only designed to weaken the victims health. It is on such a level that it has a physical presence and moves pretty much like a bullet.

It came as a surprise when, out of their family, it was her that summoned a servant all of a sudden, and not her sister, the more advanced, experienced mage. However, Finagelita accepted the responsibilities as a Master and swore to uncover the mystery behind this new, dark Holy Grail.

Risa

I would make a character, although I would have to read up on the history of Fate/stay Night before I actually participate. It's been a while since I last watched it.

Well, as I've said, the anime would give you a crash course in the setting. ^_^

Niki315

OMG.. *lurves the pic*  Where did you find it?  I'm always looking for other good pic sites.

Ahem... </tangent>

I'm still trying to come up with a Magus character.  I figure I could make one that would synch with Jeanne D'Arc or Loki.. but I'm still kind of waiting to see what some of the other Magi would be like.

Kay, we have one open servant place, with two undefined servants, Caster and Lancer.

Chuukun

Quote from: Niki315 on November 30, 2009, 12:57:25 PM
OMG.. *lurves the pic*  Where did you find it?  I'm always looking for other good pic sites.

Uuh, as far as I remember, I just googled for "anime frilly hair" and was directed to a site with a fanclub for anime gals with frilly hair... that's where I found it. So yeah, go figure =D

And if you don't mind all the porn that's on it, I'd recommend Gelbooru.com for finding anime pics, it gives you lots of possibilities to choose from, just type in, for example, blue_hair and you find EVERY pic that just in the slightest has someone with blue hair in it... and then you can specify further... so yeah, that site's pretty massive too, so odds are you're gonna find what you're looking for. Even though you might have to go through lots of hentai =D

The term is "Drill hair." ;D http://danbooru.donmai.us/ is my go-to place. It's the template from which gelbooru was built.

Jadzi

Hmm. Lancer, ah?

Quote from: Heiki Monogatari
Tomoe was especially beautiful, with white skin, long hair, and charming features. She was also a remarkably strong archer, and as a swordswoman she was a warrior worth a thousand, ready to confront a demon or a god, mounted or on foot. She handled unbroken horses with superb skill; she rode unscathed down perilous descents. Whenever a battle was imminent, Yoshinaka sent her out as his first captain, equipped with strong armor, an oversized sword, and a mighty bow; and she performed more deeds of valor than any of his other warriors.

An oversized sword for mounted combat would be an odachi if I remember correctly... it's a sword with an extensive length, unwieldy on foot but useful for making sweeping cuts from horseback. A sword of such length could easily have the same reach as most polearms. And given as we've had Archers who simply throw items, I would think this could squeak by.

If nothing else, I'm sure she'd know how to use a naginata. :p

Alright folks, here's an example. I used this profile style because it picks out a lot of minutiae without being too boring. However, in a "complete" bio, I'd want for sure some measure of background story beyond these tidbits. I'm not saying you must use this either, I just like it. Since she's not a prominent character, I used Leona for this so we can get something hammered out beforehand.

Name: Leona Tempest
Eye Color: Brown
Weight: 120 lbs
Height: 5'7"
Type of body/build: Unusually Lithe Fighter
Distinguishing Marks: Scar between eyes, usually hidden by bangs.
Jewelry: Earrings, bracelets, various waist adornments

THE PAST:
Type of childhood: Lonely, violent, constantly in danger.
Most important childhood event that still affects him/her:
Did she like school: Leona never attended traditional school.
First sexual experience?: Age 15, typical teenage antics
First (romantic) love?: None
Major accidents or traumas?: A particular run-in with centipedes at a very young age has left her squeamish around creatures with more than 8 legs.
Religion?: None

FAVORITES:
Color: Black
Music: Progressive Rock, Symphonic Metal
Food: American, spicy
Literature: Mystery, steampunk

EVERYDAY BEHAVIOR / HABITS:
Personal Habits: Target practice, humming, acrobatics
Morning Routine: Sleeps in, grumbles, eventually joins the living.
Talents: Tactics, swordplay, accuracy with unwieldy weaponry, bizarre clothing
Unskilled at: Strategy, diplomacy, cooking

RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS:
How does character relate to others?: Openly, but awkwardly. Doesn't always understand subtleties.

How in general is s/he perceived by...
Strangers?: Flamboyant, sexual, violent
Friends?: Stalwart, trustworthy, dense, violent
Other family members?: None known
The opposite sex?: Masculine, violent
Children in general?: Scary, cool, violent
Authority?: Unpredictable, trump card, violent

MENTAL ATTITUDE/PERSONAL BELIEFS:
Optimist or pessimist: Optimist
Introvert or extrovert: Introvert that doesn't know it
Personal philosophy: Force your way
If granted one wish, what would it be? Why?: A peaceful end
Psychological issues?: Insensitive but not intentionally, secretly paranoid and near a breakdown from a lifetime of violence
Does she believe in fate or destiny? Is s/he superstitious?: No
Character's greatest strength: Strength
Character's greatest flaw: Ignorance
Character's chief vulnerability/soft spot: Kindness
Is this vulnerability obvious to others?: Glaringly
Quirks: Periodic near-catatonic states of internal dialogue, fascination with large weapons
How does she react to a crisis?: Kill it with fire
How character reacts to change: Obliviousness
Whom does she secretly admire, and why?: Those capable of reasoning a situation out peacefully
Who was her biggest influence, and why?: The older children that encouraged her, through cruelty, to become as strong as she possibly could
Who's the most important person in his/her life right now, and why?: She has no one special to her.

SELF-PERCEPTION:
One word self description: Strong
What's her favorite physical feature?: Slender fingers
What about least favorite?: Brow scar
Are these realistic perceptions?: Yes
How does she think others perceive him or her?: Weak, girly

Chuukun

Don't mind me asking this question, but what is she supposed to be? A master, a Servant or something else?

At the moment, her specific role is undefined. In broad strokes, she's a fighter capable of taking on a Servant.

Chuukun

You know that's sorta unrealistic, right?

The only ones capable of doing that were Shirou and Bazett, Bazett because of her artifact and Shirou only later on with the use of his Unlimited Blade Works... and even then he was said to be only able to defeat Gilgamesh because of their abilities...

Jadzi

To be fair, anyone can take on a servant. They won't win, but they can take them on at least. :D

Anyway, should I draw up a profile for Tomoe? Or...

Heh. Anything is possible in the Nasuverse. The rules that exist are rarely very specific, and even those that are are quite often broken not long after they're detailed. Kishima Kouma was Servant-level, as well as Kuzuki Souichirou, albeit with enhancements from Caster.

And yes, profiles! We won't get anywhere as it is without any defined characters.

Jadzi

Souichirou had magic enhancements, true... but wasn't Kishima Kouma a half-demon as well? And Bazette had one of the few remining unclaimed Noble Phantasms. Not saying it's impossible, and it is your game, just I can't think of any normal humans that were servant-grade.

Ah well. Profile on its way!

Well, in a game where Arcueid can be summoned... besides, I'm usually in favor of canon tweaks that make a game more interesting in favor of being rigidly canon.

Jadzi

Name: Lancer
Physical Age: c. 27
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 127
Hair Color: Raven Black
Eye Color: Indigo
Skintone: Pale Asiatic
Body Type: Fit, flexible, yet feminine

Alignment: Lawful Good
Religion: Shinto
Strengths: Military combat, physical activity, cooking
Weaknesses: Loyalty, overconfidence

Description: Calm, cool, and controlled - that's the impression Lancer gives on first sight. From her frequent half-smile to her choice of business suits, from her steady cadence to her terse speech, she holds a presence of a woman highly disciplined, yet just as highly confident of herself and her surroundings. Paired with her good looks and subtle charm, she's often perceived as a high-level executive or roaming talent agent - something she's slowly learned to play into as she acclimates to the modern world. When engaged, that same confidence pervades her motions and actions. Though she very rarely shows any unique or distinguishing knowledge or  ability, she often manages to quickly and readily adapt to her surroundings, relying on what she has on hand. Though not averse to engaging directly, she more often prefers to take her time and gauge reactions. Always holding back that little bit extra, be it in a conversation or a battle.

True Identity: Tomoe Gozen was one of the few and finest female samurai of feudal Japan. First Captain under Minamoto no Yoshinaka, she commanded a notable portion of the Minamoto army during the Genpei War, helping rout the Taira clan in the very conflict that ultimately ended the Heian period and ushered in the Kamakura shogunate. Her mastery of arms and skill on the battlefield helped establish her as one of the (if not the) definitive woman warriors of Japan.

Tomoe herself was a bit of a contradiction. On the one hand she was reputed to be a breathtaking beauty with pale skin, exquisite features, and long, fine hair. Her looks and her loyalty made her a favored attendant (and occasional consort) of her master Yoshinaka, and likely inspired more than one Minamoto trooper into following her. On the other, her reputation as a woman was surpassed by that as a soldier. Often she was drawn or painted in full samurai regalia, and just as often while holding a naginata (the traditional implement for women due to its ease of handling). Yet she favored swords, and what's more, a sword requiring a fair amount of upper body strength to wield. She was also known for being a dead-eye shot with a bow, and for being able to ride unbroken horses, forcing them to her will, even on the most perilous terrain.

Yet all her strengths would not protect her from the pride of men, much less their betrayal. She was twenty-seven when, at the height of the Genpei war, Yoshinaka took Kyoto and kidnapped Emperor Go-Shirakawa in a bid to become shogun. Tomoe watched as the Minamoto troops sacked and pillaged the capital, listened as her Yoshinaka's demands and ambitions grew ever larger, yet her dedication to her master remained strong. She had served him for most of her adult life, and though she had her misgivings, she believed in him. His cousins were less forgiving, and soon Minamoto no Yoshitsune and Minamoto no Noriyori marched against Yoshinaka.

They met at Awazu in February of 1184. There, outnumbered by thousands of warriors, Tomoe and her troops fought to the bitter end, holding off their former allies in bloody conflict for most of the day. Tomoe herself often charged the enemy lines, emerging intact each time. But one woman could not stop an entire army, and one by one her soldiers fell. As night set in, her master told her to flee - not for her own safety, but for his pride. No matter how strong a woman she was, she was still a woman, and Yoshinaka was ashamed at the idea of dying alongside her. Out of disgust and at his behest, she abandoned Yoshinaka, leaving him to flee into a rice paddy. A paddy where he became mired in the frozen mud, and died in defeat to an enemy arrow.

Tomoe retired from military life that day, living the rest of her life quietly under the new regime. Some of it she spent as wife to a Kamakura military commander, birthing more than one hero of the new era. Upon his death, she became a nun, passing out of the world in 1247 at the age of 90. Yet she would always remember those days of her youth. Days of love, loyalty, and soldier's pride...

Chuukun

That's pretty awesome! Though no Noble Phantasms? Then again, maybe you'd be a bit hard-pressed to come up with some for her, who was merely a historical side-note...

Which reminds me, maybe I should post my Jeanne d'Arc profile that I have completed ages ago soon?

Jadzi

I mostly focused on the character, and didn't get into her weapons or abilities as a servant. I have a number of ideas there, but I figured the combat stats can wait. If nothing else I can edit them in.

And yus, now is profile-posting time!  :D

TheWriter

Name: Berserker
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 114lb
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blood red
Skintone: Caucasian
Body Type: Variable
Alignment: Lawful Neutral (Chaotic Evil)
Strengths: Combat, cooking, claw prize games
Weaknesses: Self-dependence, fear of blood

Personality: Berserker is a whimsical individual who, although knowing the basics of the modern era, does not seem to know about social norms. Her behaviour is almost child-like, due to the lonely nature of her up bringing, although she is over 800 years old, she spent most of it asleep and knows nearly nothing about the world or how to interact with others.  Berserker does everything in her power not to consume blood, which has nearly occurred several times, and she has problems controlling her impulses after being drastically weakened. She doesn't want to drink blood, as she doesn't want to become a monster that feeds on humans in order to survive.

True Identity: Arcueid Brunestud.  It's better to just read through the wiki if you haven't played the game.  In layman's terms Arcueid Brunestud is a vampire; her power ebbs and flows with the rising and setting of the sun.  In daylight she is as weak as the Master that called her, at night she is nearly immortal.  As a Berserker-class spirit, she is incapable of magic, losing access to the Mystic Eyes of Enchantment and the Marble Phantasm.  For the purposes of the game, the Near-Side True ending of Tsukihime is canon; Arcueid was slain in battle by the last incarnation of Roa.

Noble Phantasm: Crimson Moon
So called due to her progenitor, Crimson Moon Brunestud, it describes the berserker rage she enters upon consuming a small amount of blood.  In this state she no longer restrains herself, the large chunk of her power used to keep her impulses in check now free to use in combat.  Berserker herself would not normally enter this state of her own free will, but respects that at her weakest she may not be enough to hold off particularly strong Servants, and will force herself to enter Crimson Moon.  However, at all other times, she would require a Command Spell.  The bloodlust brought on by Crimson Moon fades after a few hours, or theoretically could be canceled by the use of another Command Spell.

Chuukun

Alright, then, textwall incoming, here's my profile for Jeanne d'Arc!

General Informations

Name: Jeanne "la pucelle" d'Arc
Class: Saber

Servant Status

Alignment: Lawful Good

Strength: A
Endurance: A++
Agility: B
Mana: A
Luck: C

Class Abilities:
Magic Resistance: D

Riding: C

Abilities:
Purity: A
Her unwavering faith allows Jeanne to use any holy sword that is of A-rank or lower as if it is her own Noble Phantasm. This does not extend to demonic weapons, and only increases her vulnerability against them.

Gods servant: B
Jeanne is able to hear a voice sometimes, and it tells her the best course of action. It can be seen as a form of clairvoyance, and has never failed her so far, yet she has no control over it and it only works in a battle and related to one, not for every day life.

Charisma: C
A rare ability, and C-rank is enough to lead an army.

Noble Phantasms
Durendal, "The Unparalleled Famous Sword"
Type: Anti-Fortress

This gleaming, holy sword is enchanted by three miracles, allowing its blade to never dull even when its user's Mana has been expended. Old legends call Durendal indestructible, and claim it was once wielded by Hector of Troy, a skilled lancer who fought in Homer's Iliad. Later, this sword became famous as the weapon gifted to the renowned paladin Roland by the Holy Roman Emperor Charlemagne, who had originally received the blade from a seraph.

Roland tried to destroy the sword before it fell in the hands of the Saracen, but found that rather than being smashed at the rocks, it cut right through the mountain. After it was preserved in Rocamadour, thrust into a mountain towering the city, Jeanne d'Arc retrieved it from there to aid her in her quest. Recognizing her purity, Durandal accepted his new wielder immediately,

A semi-sentient sword, Durendal evokes his true powers only in desperation. When Jeanne is in danger, it will lend her its powers with ease, but if Jeanne forces them out when Durendal does not agree with it, the ability will cost three times as much mana, thus exhausting her quickly, and it degrades in strength by one rank. In danger, she can use Durendal about five times without pause, making it rather mana-efficient.

In effect, Durendal will emit a reddish light, and when swung, the light will fly out in the arch given by the sword and cut through anything that can not withstand it.

Dame Blanche "Shield of the white lady"
Type: Support/Anti-Unit
Despite the norm, Jeanne did not have to face much magic initially on her quest, and it was quite a setback for her when she encountered it first on the battlefield. Since she had no resistance against it and her quest was in a critical phase, this shield was said to be granted to her by a white lady, and she found its use in battle against enemy magi.

Since it is not normally used by Jeanne, it is safely strapped to her back. A wonderful shield, it is designed to shield her from Magic, but it is not an amulet and has to be equipped to be of any use. Since it is designed as a defense from magic, it has limited physical defenses and could only withstand a few blows and it is too precious for Jeanne to be used that way.

Oriflamme "Golden Flame"
Type: Support
Since she was the representation of her king on the battlefield, Jeanne was granted the royal standard, Oriflamme.

Jeanne usually is seen holding the flag that is on top of a 2 meter-pole in her offhand, while Durandal is ready for battle in her right. While this makes her easily recognisable, she has taken pride in her identity.

Oriflamme is not fit for being used as blocking any incoming attacks, but is rather used for consecrating the ground beneath Jeannes feet. This is signified by a glowing light that spreads in a circle, up to fifteen feet around Jeanne. Inside this circle, Jeannes stats and those she considers her allies increase by one. It costs little mana, but steadily drains it away the longer it is used.

Physical Description

Jeanne appears as a young woman, barely ascended to adulthood. Her face, gestures and even eyes are battle-hardened. But even so, her blue eyes are not incapable of showing compassion, but her time was not a time where it was needed or even affordable. Her hair, unkempt and blond, is short, so as to not interfere and block her sight during battle.

Underneath her armor, many scars are to be found. She did not have the luxury of immortality or invulnerability, and most scars are from arrows and blades. One particular big scar is a burn mark on her back, testimony of her death.

In battle, Jeanne wears a special customized armor. It has no special attributes, but the King of France himself outfitted her, and the suit is ideal. Underneath a layer of chain mail, she wears a plated armor that protects her limbs and body. Usually not a rider by nature, Jeanne wears little leg-plates, so as to not slow down her movements even further.

Aside from her battle ornaments, Jeanne prefers a plain robe, devoid of any ornaments and in rural colours, testament to her peasant routes.

Personality
Jeanne is, above all, a devoted person. Having believed in the good of her cause, she defended her country and her beliefs to the end. Even now, she still stands loyal to her cause and what she sees as 'right' and does her best to see to it that justice prevails.

But even so, Jeanne still is a young woman, one that barely had a real childhood. She shared many similarities with fellow Heroic Spirit Saber Arthuria Pendragon, although Jeanne herself is quite aware of her femininity, but like Arthuria, she had neglected this in favor of the battles of her time.

Jeanne is one of the most durable Heroic spirits, able to fight for extended periods of time with Durandal, a trait she showed during her life, which in turn was attributed to her unwavering faith. Her cause, originally to liberate her country, has now turned to fulfill the will of 'God' and destroy any and all that would threaten humanity as a whole and will not allow anything to stop her in that quest.

History

A young girl, Jeanne grew up as a peasant in the fifteenth century in eastern France, during a time of strife as her country was in a slow but constant war with the invading armies of Britanny. It seemed like the girl was destined to be nothing more than a simply farmers wife in the future, but fate thought differently.

One day out in the field, she heard voices. Telling her things about the war that she had so little involvement yet. Those voices continued speaking to her over the next few years, until she spoke with a cleric about it. She wished to speak to the king and, with the help of two noblemen, Jean de Metz and Bertrand de Poulengy, she was brought into court before Charles VII.

The king, having fought a losing battle ever since the conflict had begun anew, had nothing left to lose and granted Jeanne her request of leading a regiment. And the rest is history, as they say. Having been victorious in her first exploit against the Britains, Jeanne eventually went on to lead the French army and under her command, remarkable successes were made.

However, during a battle, retreat was necessitated. Jeanne, insisting on withdrawing from the battlefield as the last one due to being the commander, was surrounded and captured by the British. Taken into custody, she was trialed and sentenced to death by burning.

And so, she died, far from home and her king. Her only regret was not to have returned to her king, her benefactor, who, unbeknownst to her, had done nothing to save her from her fate.

Not a "true" Heroic Spirit by definition, Jeanne is actually a Counter Spirit. She had been given power not by the God she believed in, but by a power very much like a god: Alaya. Alaya, being the will of humanity to survive, had given Jeanne the strength necessary to fight the armies of Britain back and thus ensure that no future harm would befall humanity as a result.

However, it was this sort of contract that Jeanne agreed to that bound her to Alaya indefinitely. Now, she serves it as a Counter Guardian, a spirit that is only summoned in order to ward off the destruction of the human race. And that Jeanne is summoned can only mean one thing... her strength is needed by the world.

Lady Hitura Caprion

I'll play as Jadzi's master. Profile of said master will be done after my last final tonight.

Transgirlenstein

Lady Hitura Caprion

Mind if I post a half finished bio for mine? I got to the description part and my brain just farted out on me @.@

Lady Hitura Caprion

Image linked due to size and not knowing how to scale in img tags.

Name: Hiraga Heisaburô Toshitoshi
Height: 5' 8''
Weight: 151 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye color: Blue
Skin tone: Average
Body Type: Lean
Religion: Shinto

Class: Master/Magi
Alignment: Neutral
Strengths: Martial Arts training (Varying training in: Judo, Aikido, Kenjutsu, Fencing, Gatka, Kyudo)
Weaknesses: Loyalty to a fault, cooking

Description: Hiraga is a rather distant individual who has trouble making friends. He isn't so much a loner as he is socially awkward, never finding the right things to say and sometimes even saying the wrong things. He is shy because of his awkwardness, but when he does make friends, he is loyal to a fault to them. He would gladly put himself on the line for one of them as long as it did not violate his ethics. Despite his social relations with a person, he tries to be as much a gentleman as he can.

History:

Basically the only thing im having trouble with is the history

Lady Hitura Caprion

XD Yeah I noticed when I checked it over a few seconds ago and fixed it! Thanks Karma.

Hahaha, nice. I was just amused with how old the names appeared. That's the sort of name I'd expect to see in the Warring States period or even earlier!

Lady Hitura Caprion

Uhm oops? XD Oh well, I suck at names. Usually I get mine from bashing the keyboard. I figured I should go with an authentic name this time.

TheWriter

Hitura, I didn't know they measured height in pounds now.  Or weight in inches, either.

Name: Jessica Bishop
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye color: Green
Skin tone: Average
Body Type: Lean
Religion: Atheist

Class: Master
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Strengths: Marksmanship, Agency-trained close quarters combat, level head
Weaknesses: Total lack of training as a Magi, standoffish attitude

An agent of the CIA, sent to investigate a series of mysterious murders in the south Michigan area.  The major suspects are individuals who recently arrived from Europe, hence the matter attracting federal interest.  During her investigation she discovers a body with the left hand mutilated.  At the scene of the crime, a ghost approaches her, who explains that they are the Servant of the dead Master.  The Servant notices a dormant magic circuit within the agent, and explains the situation; Jessica deduces that participating in the Grail War will eventually lead her to the killer, and decides to forge a new contract with the Servant, despite having no idea what she's getting into.

Has no experience as a mage, but is a fully fledged agent, trained in self-defense and marksmanship.  Main tactic will be to attack the Master directly while the Servants are distracted fighting each other.  However, she is bound by orders to bring in all material witnesses alive, so will not shoot to kill.

Lady Hitura Caprion

its 11:33 pm and I didnt sleep last night, mistakes are made :x

Edit: Actually... no, that was extreme dyslexia o-o;;; Wow I need my eyes checked or something... Im surprised Karma didnt catch it... thanks Writer. I think your pic's actually bigger than mine too xD

Pretty in Pink

ARGH!  *grabs the last Master position before it is taken*  Since I only saw one Servant not taken, and a person already listed as an undecided.  I'll have the profile up probably tomorrow.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP