X-Men Re-imagined - It's back! Still accepting (especially students!)

Started by Orange Marmalade, January 27, 2015, 12:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVillain

My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Black Howling

Quote from: TheVillain on February 08, 2015, 10:42:54 PM
So, what's the next step in the procedure?
Wait for OM to Approve or get in contact with you, make any changes he asked for and wait for final approval/disapproval. If final approval is given, post em up in the approved characters thread.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: TheVillain on February 08, 2015, 10:42:54 PM
So, what's the next step in the procedure?

Quote from: Black Howling on February 08, 2015, 10:51:53 PM
Wait for OM to Approve or get in contact with you, make any changes he asked for and wait for final approval/disapproval. If final approval is given, post em up in the approved characters thread.

Yupyup! TheVillain and Re Z L, I'll get a chance to look these over tomorrow.

eternaldarkness

Bam! Cloak is here!

Costume
BASIC INFO:
Legal Name:  Tyrone Johnson
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Cloak
Citizenship and other legal info:  U.S. Citizen
Place of Birth:  Detroit, Michigan
Education:  Completed Highschool

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height:  5'9" (varies while powers are active)
Weight:  155 lbs. (weightless while intangible)
Hair color:  Brown  (Glowing white with no while powers are active)
Eye color:  Black
Ethnicity:  African-American
General Appearance: A skinny, dark-skinned black man with short black hair, though his physical form is usually enveloped in the black hooded 'cloak' generated by his powers, and difficult to distinguish easily.

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation:  Heteroflexible
Ons:  Vulnerable women, submissives of all genders, bondage.
Offs:  Bullies, anything involving feces.
Goals:  Learn to better control his powers, and especially his hunger. Protect others.
Wealth Level: 2 - Student, but he does sometimes rob the criminals he defeats so he is never broke unless he hasn't been out crimefighting in a while.
Personality:  While outwardly seeming quiet and antisocial tyrone actually has a very well-developed sense of humor, though it is rarely displayed as his appearance, the subtle feeling of dread his presence causes, and the hollow, echoing quality his voice has as a result of his powers combined tend to put people off. He is also incredibly brave, with a strong protective streak (especially for women) and desire to help others, and exceptionally strong-willed from fighting off the hunger caused by his powers and having to exert so much effort any time he wants to make a part of himself solid. When not using his powers, he has a severe stutter, which puts him in a difficult situation socially - as Cloak, he repulses most people, but as Tyrone his stutter makes social interaction very challenging.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught:  Tyrone is majoring in psychology
Year:  College Freshman, First year attending
Club Memberships or Sponsorships: Tyrone is not a member of any clubs, but he does practice karate as the aggressive, hard style of fighting is a perfect complement to his powers and focused nature - he prefers to strike decisively, and then vanish without a trace.

STATS:

- Fighting: 3
- Agility: 3
- Strength: 4
- Endurance: 6
- Reason: 3
- Intuition: 4
- Psyche:  6

POWERS:
Darkforce Conduit: Cloak's body is a portal to the "Darkforce Dimension," a world of strange ebony energy. Cloak is linked to a pocket realm of that dimension dominated by the Predator, which compels Cloak to absorb the life forces of other beings.

Darkforce Channeling: Cloak can channel Darkforce to create a field of darkness in his general vicinity, usually using his cloak as a focal point to manipulate this darkness, though it can spread well beyond the confines of his cloak. People enveloped by Cloak's darkness feel numbing cold and crippling fear, sometimes seeing disturbing visions. Overlong exposure to the darkness can drive people insane. Unprotected victims trapped in Cloak's dark realm are gradually drained of their life force, and die unless Cloak releases them.

Darkforce Teleportation: Cloak can teleport by entering the Darkforce dimension, moving a short distance within it and emerging back on Earth a great distance from his point of origin. A span of miles on Earth can be traversed in only a few steps via shortcuts through the Darkforce. Cloak can teleport other persons or objects along with himself in this fashion, too, though most beings cannot safely traverse the Darkforce.

Darkforce Intangibility: Tyrone is usually intangible, though he can solidify through an act of will, or by absorbing enough lifeforce to saturate his form temporarily.

ADVANTAGES:
Dark Vision - As a conduit to the darkforce dimension, cloaks vision is unhindered by darkness, and he can see as if he were in a dimly-lit room even in pitch black conditions.

Enhanced Strength - Tyrone's strength has been enhanced by his darkforce connection allowing him to lift up to twice his body weight, as a result Tyrone can press lift at least 310 lbs.

Strong-Willed - Because he must constantly focus to keep the Hunger at bay and physically interact with his surroundings, cloak is extraordinarily strong-willed. In addition, any attack on his mind must also contend with the Predator, who will counterattack aggressively against any psychic intrusion.

DISADVANTAGES:
The Hunger - Tyrone subsists off of and  constantly craves the lifeforce of other living beings, a gnawing hunger which can only be sated for a time by devouring lifeforce. The longer he goes without feeding the hunger, the more active the Predator becomes, and if he goes a full week without feeding he will become a feral monster that will devour lifeforce until he is completely sated. He need not kill in order to feed, and can take small amounts of lifeforce from multiple victims to sate the predator. Draining four or five people to unconsciousness is usually enough to keep the hunger at bay for almost a week, as can completely absorbing one person into his dimension.

Intangible - It requires focus for Tyrone to make parts of his body tangible. Otherwise, he is completely intangible.

Unsettling appearance and presence - Cloaks powers make him scary-looking and rather unsettling to look at, and he has difficulty reverting to his human form, requiring intense concentration to remain tangible.

White Knight Syndrome - Cloak is quick to leap to the aid of others who need help, especially women.

SKILLS:
As a result of his career as a lifelong criminal cloak is adept at navigating the criminal underworld, and is a skilled burglar. His brief time as a vigilante have given him good stealth skills as well, especially in combination with his darkforce powers.

HISTORY:
A petty criminal and former drug addict from Detroit, Tyrone Johnson's powers manifested when he overdosed on crack, saving his life and endowing him with his superhuman abilities while simultaneously absorbing the rest of his crew and killing them instantly. With his drug addiction now replaced by a stronger and more potent hunger, Tyrone was more clear-headed than he'd been in years, and realizing that he'd nearly died, he immediately decided to  change his life's course, using his powers now to prey on the very same criminals he'd once been one of to sate his hunger for lifeforce. Cloak became an urban legend during the two years he spent acting as an unintentional hero in Detroit, and eventually his exploits made the news after he consumed a group of criminals operating an international slave trafficking ring who happened to be employed by another mutant, the reality-warping Mr. Jip, who set the entirety of the city's criminal underworld after him.

Thankfully, he also attracted the attention of Professor Xavier, who recognized him as a mutant and offered him a chance for a new life and a way to use his powers for a higher purpose, an offer which Tyrone happily accepted. Tyrone frequently goes out into New York and beyond to continue his vigilante activities despite the danger to a lone mutant, both out of a sense of responsibility and out of necessity - he needs to feed his hunger for lifeforce, and criminals and villains are ideal targets to feed from while also keeping his skills sharp. He mostly targets the vilest of criminals - drug dealers, human traffickers, rapists and those who victimize the poor, young, or otherwise disadvantaged.

TheVillain

Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

VoluptuousVixen

TheVillain

Edited with a crazy idea. It occurred to me that Dr. Borman could also count as Havok with some relatively minor tweeks.

Black Howling

Quote from: TheVillain on February 09, 2015, 01:59:15 PM
Edited with a crazy idea. It occurred to me that Dr. Borman could also count as Havok with some relatively minor tweeks.

Ah, we actually already have a Havok man. Right here.

TheVillain

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Black Howling on February 09, 2015, 02:02:41 PM
Ah, we actually already have a Havok man. Right here.

Although he hasn't gone IC since posted.. someone fetch me Doomsday! and the whip!

Black Howling

TheVillain

Then I guess if he's gone for good then Havoc could be an acceptable codename for my guy as well.

Lockepick

Alex/Havoc does plan on posting. Raven/Alex are going to the little party together.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Machete

Are original characters allowed? I'm working on a pyrokinetic named Beatrix Hennig, who's able to create and control flames. If she's allowed, her codename will be Flashfire.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Machete on February 09, 2015, 03:59:33 PM
Are original characters allowed? I'm working on a pyrokinetic named Beatrix Hennig, who's able to create and control flames. If she's allowed, her codename will be Flashfire.

Yep, they are! We already have a Pyro (and a Sunfire) though, so if you want to go the pyrokinetic path try to find a way to keep things unique and fun :)

Doomsday

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on February 09, 2015, 02:20:06 PM
Although he hasn't gone IC since posted.. someone fetch me Doomsday! and the whip!

Alex/Havok is definitely still active, I'm probably going to post him at the boathouse party first... Unless anyone else has some ideas ::)

TFcommando

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Juggtacular

TFcommando

Any female characters up for being Ilyanna's best friend/soul mate/likely lover, the way Kitty was for her in the comics? 

I've been picturing her as having been in a more sexually explicit version of Limbo, so she would be pretty forward in advising her friends about sex and trying to get them to hook up.  Might summon naughty tentacles to have fun with too... 😃
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Angie

Quote from: TFcommando on February 09, 2015, 11:23:25 PM
Any female characters up for being Ilyanna's best friend/soul mate/likely lover, the way Kitty was for her in the comics? 

I've been picturing her as having been in a more sexually explicit version of Limbo, so she would be pretty forward in advising her friends about sex and trying to get them to hook up.  Might summon naughty tentacles to have fun with too... 😃

Oh TF, this is what I love about you.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: TFcommando on February 09, 2015, 09:01:58 PM
Still working on ideas for Illyanna!

Just quick bit of info while you're coming up with ideas for her, just so things don't end up messy :)

Keep in mind in this quasi movie-verse-ish setting there's no magic or alternate dimensions. All powers are generally simply mutant based one way or another, and should fit into a slightly more realistic feel. So someone like  Illyanna is definitely possible but will require a lot of rework to fit in.

Doomsday

Quote from: TFcommando on February 09, 2015, 11:23:25 PM

hunkaroo

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Lance Wells
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Reverie
Citizenship and other legal info: US Citizen
Place of Birth: San Diego, California
Education: High School

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 5'6”
Weight: 128 lbs
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Blue
Ethnicity: Caucasian
General Appearance: Lance is generally assuming in appearance, not especially tall or muscular.  He often has a distant look in his eyes, as if he's not entirely there, lost in some daydream.  He'll happily greet you with a smile if you do manage to get his attention and it's not uncommon for dark circles to be under his eyes at times due to lack of restful sleep. 

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: Gay
Ons/Offs: Ons: You'll just have to find out!  Offs:  Oh my, he's a bit innocent in some ways, don't scare him!
Goals: To get a handle on his power, to dream something that might not come true, and to figure out what his own future holds the old fashioned way.
Wealth Level: 1
Personality: Warm and slightly distant, Lance rides the delicate line between being there for you and being infuriatingly aloof.  Often plagued with far too many things to think about than anyone his age should, he gets lost in his own head a lot.  He's happy to help those he knows and those he doesn't, but is unsure of how to do so.  He's new to things at Xavier's and is still finding his place, wondering how his power could possibly be of much help at all.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught: High School Curriculum – avoids the combat classes at all costs so far.
Year: Senior.
Club Memberships or Sponsorships: None yet.

STATS:
Fighting: 2 - Poor Agility: 3 - Typical Strength: 3 - Typical Endurance: 3 - Typical Reason: 3 - Typical Intuition: 7 - Incredible Psyche: 2 – Poor (while awake) 9 – Monstrous (while asleep)

POWERS:
Precognitive Dreaming – Lance is gifted with glimpses of the future whenever he falls asleep.  The exact nature of his dreams and their subject matter are completely out of his control and seem to manifest at random.  The more distant in time the dreams take place the more confusing they become and sometimes certain events can be extremely vivid while others are fragments and flashes of events.  His dreams seem focused on those he comes into contact with, although the exact duration this contact lasts or if it is forever stored as a possible subject for his dream is unknown.  Occasionally his dreams will take him to see places or people that have nothing to do with himself, his friends, his family or possibly anything at all, but for whatever reason these prominent events reveal themselves to him.  Perhaps a woman being cornered in an alley, dozens of children trapped in a fire, or the faint traces of something more sinister that will surely grow into a true evil. 

He exists as an observer in his dreams, helpless to do anything but watch and see what will unfold.  His perspective often changes though, as sometimes he is seeing things from the perspective of a person and other times is watching as if it were a movie.  He's never lucid in his sleep, they seem to exist as real as anything else, which is why  he often wakes up extremely disoriented and sometimes startled awake if the nature of them is much more nightmare than dream.

Recently his powers have started to creep into his daily life and it's not uncommon for him to go into a daydream without realizing it, losing his grip on reality as he slips into another place and time until jerked back to reality by someone's interference. 
ADVANTAGES:
Intuitive – Likely due to his power, Lance is extremely intuitive about certain things.  He's not entirely unknown for giving very good advice about trivial things that he just 'feels' is the right thing to do.  While he might be clueless to problems right in front of him at times, he'll surprise you with eerily accurate insights if you let him.
Friendly – While he might not be the easiest person to strike up a conversation with at first, he is genuinely interested in those around him.
Good Listener – Sure, he might not dream about you, but he'd much rather hear about any problems you have from you than to have to awkwardly approach you about them later.

DISADVANTAGES:
Heavy Sleeper – It's nearly impossible to wake Lance up from a dream once he's slipped under, which can prove quite terrifying for those that don't know him.
Weak-willed – Given the nature of his power, Lance is especially suspectible to abilties that affect his mind, never able to build up natural defenses to it while awake.   
Prophecy – If it were up to him he'd forget everything he dreamt about soon after he did.  Unfortunately his dreams aren't so easily forgotten, vivid and clear in a way that surpasses even his most recent memories.  It's hard to live in the present when you're stuck seeing the future that may come to pass, even moreso when everyone around you knows what you're capable of.

SKILLS:
Singing – While he doesn't do it often, Lance actually has quite a striking voice.
Dream Interpreter – As silly as it sounds, if you ever don't know what your dreams mean he's the guy to go to.  Sure, he might have no idea how to process his own, but a real dream, one that isn't the future?  He will gladly mull over that with only a slight bit of envy.

HISTORY:
Lance grew up as the only child of Evan and Marilyn Wells.  He'd always had an overactive imagination and thrived when playing games with his friends that used things that weren't there.  Little parties with stuffed animals, fighting one another with weapons that they could only hold in their mind, or just imagining what life might be like if they had this or were doing that.  Those were the only times that Lance remembers really dreaming and even those are a fading memory, something he clings to.  To dream for the sake of dreaming, to just fall asleep and let your mind wander and conjure up a tapestry of consciousness for you to wade through.  Not always rhyme and certainly little reason, but it was yours and only yours.

All that changed when he turned fifteen and began to dream about more specific things.  They were small at first, images of his mother taking money out of his father's wallet just before dinner, flashes of his teacher and one of his classmates slipping into a room together as she giggled, the winning touchdown for the football team to secure their place in the championship game.  They seemed like nothing, they were nothing, but there was something about them they couldn't shake. He had this eerie sense of deja vu as time went on, things he'd seen came to pass or nearly did, rarely was a dream entirely synonymous with reality.  It frightened him and he did all he could to stay awake, to try and avoid seeing what was meant to be unseen, to cast himself into a myriad of futures.  His attempts at insomnia were short-lived as his dreams seemed especially vivid if deprived of sleep and his parents certainly didn't react well to his coma-like state for almost an entire day after he'd stayed up for three days straight to try and drive the dreams away.

It was around this time that the Xavier Institute became involved, told him of his gift.  He knew about mutants, he'd seen them in his dreams, even the ones that had come to talk to him – of course he'd had no idea about it at the time.  He was frightened at the realization of what it was, how his 'curse' was really something to treasure and use.  He didn't know how to, he couldn't control it and he still can't, but he keeps those thoughts as best to himself as he can. 

la dame en noir

Sigh I think I'll stop with my storm character sheet...there seems to be an unbalance and I don't know if I'll be happy in the RP. If she's still open or if the game is still looking i'll reapply later as an original mutant.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Orange Marmalade

Will review eternaldarkness & hunkaroo's submissions today.

If anyone else is waiting on me, please shoot me a PM :) Sometimes things get lost in the absurd amounts of messages that come through every day.