Online Buddies

Started by Greenthorn, June 22, 2008, 11:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenthorn

So how come when we click Who's Online the people on our buddy list don't come up bold? *frowns*

Xillen

They're only in the User's Online list. Who's Online is a different module.

Trieste

You can scan down the column of little monitors, though (the ones that are green when the person's online and white when they're not) and your buddies will have a little tag by theirs that makes them stand out.

Greenthorn

Well c'mon now..can't you make it easier for me to stalk you two?

*grumbles and leaves*

Trieste

If I were easy to stalk, everyone would do it! :D

Greenthorn

But in all seriousness now...I didn't realize they were separate modules..that stinks...much more information available on Who's Online..I can see "Trieste posting in such and such" and know she won't be watching the shoutbox.  Or Xillen is in the steambox (*giggles*) so I can catch him there if I wanna...

Ahh well.

Xillen

Well, you can still see by the little green monitor, which looks slightly different.

And that's asking a lot from someone who disables the feature from being seen there... :P

Greenthorn

*looks innocent*

Don't know what you are talking about!!  It's not like I am -silent- when I'm here or anything sheesh *laughs*

Yeah I know the little green thingy...was just curious about the whole thing...but...can't be done..blah *smiles*

Xillen

I actually have no idea how hard it is. It might actually be very easy...

Greenthorn

Quote from: Xillen on June 22, 2008, 05:37:28 PM
I actually have no idea how hard it is. It might actually be very easy...

Well I'll let this sit here and..err...maybe I'll just google the engine and see if it says anything *shrugs*

Xillen

I forgot to mention, but if you click on Users at the top left of the Who's Online page, the names are sorted alphabetically, which might help you find specific buddies.

Greenthorn

Oh...thanks Xillen..there's something I had not realized yet!  *smiles*

(errrr that was not sarcastic..I keep reading it and it comes off as such...but it's not!)