News:

Main Menu

Your bizarre dreams

Started by Mathim, March 09, 2017, 08:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

The night before last, I had a seriously mundane but bizarre dream. I was in San Francisco buying some DVDs and somehow they never took them out of those hard plastic cases that prevent theft, and after my friend stopped the car on the freeway on the way home to let me out so I could walk the rest of the way (which apparently isn't nearly as far as it is in real life since it took no time to walk that distance) and on the way to my house, I stopped at this other used DVD place that was partly a library and partly some kind of educational facility in addition to the store. But when I get in there and want to buy a couple of DVDs from them, they try to charge me for the other ones I brought in with me, because they are still in those plastic anti-theft cases. I try to argue that I brought those in with me and they say they're not letting me walk out of the store with them without paying for them or they'll call the police. I must have spent what seemed like hours arguing with these assholes and getting nowhere. So weird. I don't remember if there was a resolution but I think I was trying to break in after dark to steal them back since they were rightfully mine.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

SaturnCeleste

Quote from: Mathim on May 25, 2017, 02:09:44 PM
The night before last, I had a seriously mundane but bizarre dream. I was in San Francisco buying some DVDs and somehow they never took them out of those hard plastic cases that prevent theft, and after my friend stopped the car on the freeway on the way home to let me out so I could walk the rest of the way (which apparently isn't nearly as far as it is in real life since it took no time to walk that distance) and on the way to my house, I stopped at this other used DVD place that was partly a library and partly some kind of educational facility in addition to the store. But when I get in there and want to buy a couple of DVDs from them, they try to charge me for the other ones I brought in with me, because they are still in those plastic anti-theft cases. I try to argue that I brought those in with me and they say they're not letting me walk out of the store with them without paying for them or they'll call the police. I must have spent what seemed like hours arguing with these assholes and getting nowhere. So weird. I don't remember if there was a resolution but I think I was trying to break in after dark to steal them back since they were rightfully mine.
This is an interesting dream!  I did a little research on it and this is the site I used:
http://www.dreammoods.com/
I'll break your dream down.
DVD- The DVD represents your desire to recapture or relive a certain moment in your life.
Thief- To dream that you are a thief suggests that you are afraid of losing what you have. Perhaps you feel that you are undeserving of the things you already have. Alternatively, to dream that you are a thief indicates that you are overstepping your boundaries in some situation or relationship.  To dream that you are a witness to a theft or a victim of theft indicates that someone is wasting your time and/or stealing your energy and ideas. Perhaps you feel robbed in some way.
Stealing- To dream that you are stealing suggests that you are feeling deprived. The locale (at home, the office, at school, etc) of where the stealing takes place is indicative of your neediness. Alternatively, stealing signifies unrealized and unfulfilled goals. You may have set your goals too high.  To dream that someone is stealing something from you indicates that you are experiencing an identity crisis or are suffering from some sort of loss in your life. Alternatively, the dream means that someone has stolen your success or has taken credit for something you did. Perhaps you feel that you have been treated unfairly.
Library- To dream that you are in a library signifies your search for knowledge and your hunger for ideas. You may be trying to seek out new meanings to life. You need to study and evaluate your situation before taking action. If the library is disorganized, then it suggests that too much information is coming at you at the same time. You are having difficulty sorting it all out.  To see a library in your dream symbolizes the knowledge you have accumulated over the years.
Walk- To dream that you are walking with ease signifies a slow, but steady progress toward your goals. You are moving through life in a confident manner. Consider your destination.
School (Educational Facility)- To dream that you are looking for a school suggests that you need to expand your knowledge and learning. To dream that you are at a new school means that you are feeling out of place in some situation. Or perhaps there is a new lesson that you need to learn.
Store- To see or be in a grocery or convenience store in your dream suggests that you are emotionally and mentally strained. Alternatively, the dream means that you are brainstorming for some new ideas or looking at the various choices out there for you. The dream may be a pun on something that is in "store" for you.  It could signify the inevitable.  To notice that there are no customers in a store implies that you are alone with your ideas. You feel no one agrees with your thinking. If there are other customers in the store, then it represents your shared views.
Market- To dream that you are in a market represents some emotional or physical need that you are currently lacking in your life. You may be in need of nurturance and some fulfillment. Consider the specific items that you are shopping for. Alternatively, the market signifies frugality.  To see an barren market in your dream signifies depression and gloominess. There is a void in your life. If the market is large or well-stocked, then it means possibilities and choices.

My overall reaction is you are searching for something.  Whether it is knowledge or something more physical, you are searching and perhaps in different places than you usually hang out.  Ultimately it was your dream and you know the mood of the dream but keep looking for that certain something you want or need to have!  The walking part of your dream was very cool and significant!  Sweet dreams, Mathim!  ;)
To some, steampunk is a catchall term, a concept in search of a visual identity. To me, it’s essentially the intersection of technology and romance. – Jake von Slatt
Saturn Reads Tarot (Free) & E*rotic Readings,
Lickable Limericks, Saturn's Celestial Void, Saturn's Celestial Sojourn

Oniya

Can I just be amused that dream-interpretation sites even have an entry for DVDs?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

SaturnCeleste

Quote from: Oniya on July 17, 2017, 02:39:52 PM
Can I just be amused that dream-interpretation sites even have an entry for DVDs?
I know, right?  I was surprised!
To some, steampunk is a catchall term, a concept in search of a visual identity. To me, it’s essentially the intersection of technology and romance. – Jake von Slatt
Saturn Reads Tarot (Free) & E*rotic Readings,
Lickable Limericks, Saturn's Celestial Void, Saturn's Celestial Sojourn

Kaspider

Been having a lot of dreams lately. Last night, I dreamt I was with a girl who had just lost her husband. She was in denial and in between the stages of happiness and sadness. She would do crazy things like paint spray walls and dance naked on a roof top. At the end of the night, I took advantage of her by booking a hotel room with the intention of having sex with her.

But I woke up before it got to that.
I don't see the future. I don't worry about the past. Now's all I have.