News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Your bizarre dreams

Started by Mathim, March 09, 2017, 08:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

I know I created a thread about experiencing tactile sensation while dreaming (I even lucid dreamed a few weeks ago for the first time since I was a kid) but the content of the dreams was secondary to the topic. So I thought, why not make one for everyone's strangest dreams that they can actually remember?

I have a ton of those (but they fade over time, sadly) and the one I just woke up from convinced me to write about it here. To sum it up: I somehow managed to charm a family of overweight cannibals out of eating me and my friends. Like the Hills Have Eyes if they captured Chunk from the Goonies and developed a liking toward him.

That was recent. A few notable from years past:
-For some reason I was at my elementary school and needed to eat a plate of the Incredible Hulk's feet. His toenails were not very pretty.
-I was wandering around Raccoon City, ran into Wolverine from X-Men for some reason, then woke up after encountering the Nemesis and deciding I'd rather eat a shotgun than let him use that tentacle thing on me.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

wander

Last night I had a dream that I went on a surprise daytrip with my mate and his family along with my mum's side of the family who I have not been in contact with in a decade yet they were all there, with none of my dad's side.

Then I ended up getting lost because the theme park we were at was big and crowded and I did two plus laps of the place and couldn't find anyone. Oh and despite the fun themepark and losing loved ones theme, I was my current self in the dream, a 32 year old guy.

Dreams are weird.

Mathim

Tell me about it! No matter what period of my life I end up re-living, I'm always my current age in my dreams. I can't become my childhood self anymore, not that I'd want to, but I always feel out of place because everyone else might be their same age but I stand out because I'm an adult. Especially in those dreams where I'm naked.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

wander

I used to get them a lot in my teens. That or being in a large flash mob (before it got named to be that, obviously) where everyone was doing a play and I didn't know my lines at all... Most of my dreams would be in open spaces, rather than in a smaller indoors area.

Another one I had through my twenties was the teeth falling out one. ^^;

That dream I had the other night wasn't a memory or anything though... Even my mate was his current age and he was with his gf... It was just a very random thing.  :D

ScottD

Though I am sure that I dream every night I usually do not remember anything of them from each night or wake up from them.  Most dreams I have I can figure out what caused them such as dreaming about a certain subject after watching something similar on TV earlier that night.

However, about once every month to two months I have a dream that is incredibly strong and vivid and usually beyond bizarre with no theme and totally random scenes, situations and even dialogue with others that all flow together and see logical in the dream though they do not and are not. 
I usually wake up from this type of dream because the randomness and crazy logic is what startles me to wake.  Furthermore unlike other 'normal' dreams I have I can remember these dreams vividly even after going back to bed and waking up again.

I also have Exploding Head Syndrome.  Yes that actually is a real thing, and it will freak you out.  I don't have it often but it does happen. 
https://www.f-list.net/c/scottd
SINCE THAT FATEFUL DAY WHEN MAN
LEFT BY THE EASTERN GATE,
FRUIT STILL FRESH IN HIS BELLY,
THOSE FOUR BEAUTIFUL HANDMAIDENS OF LUCIFER
WHY, WHAT, WHERE AND WHEN
HAVE LONG TEMPTED BUT NEVER QUENCHED
HIS DISASTROUS THIRST FOR KNOWLEDGE.

rekhaiyer

I dream of doing things I don't know how to do in real life. Like flying a helicopter or surfing, things like that.

And I always think the things that I do in my dream or so easy too.
Cravings & Ideas
O/O

"Here Come the Hawks!" Toews <3

wander

I also used to dream a lot about being able to levitate, not flying dreams per se, just that I could sorta hover a feet or so above the ground. I remembered in one dream I did this by moving one foot as if to step on an invisible step, have the other foot follow and I was levitating... ^^;;

It felt strangely natural to not walk and just will myself around. I also have a mild case of Phantom Wings, which is where you feel like you should have a pair of wings though obviously they're not there. It's not a big thing, just every now and then, I'll feel like they should be there. I link it to my dreams due to the amount I have when I'm levitating. In my dreams it just felt more natural than walking.

rekhaiyer

Oh good, I am not the only one who has those dreams. Usually, I am jumping on a bed and suddenly find myself bouncing high and getting stuck on the ceiling. It is terrifying instead of being enjoyable for me though.
Cravings & Ideas
O/O

Clown without Clothes

I had a recurring nightmare as a kid which would always really freak me out. I would wake up in a mad panic and would try and run down the hallway to my parents room. I kept having it in fewer and fewer episodes until I was in my early 20's when it finally stopped.

It would involve me being on this weird conveyor belt device and as I would travel along it I would see everything was red and hot, I always figured it was meant to be hell. Then things would change up and it would always involve me being killed in some way. I would usually wake up before that.

On a more pleasant note, I have had dreams where I felt I actually astral traveled, I could feel the wind, smell it even.

My favorites were always when I would dream about previous lovers, would feel very real.

Ok, final note. The last bizarre dream I had was about a woman I was dating who lived in a part of New York state. I am Aussie so I was never really familiar with her area. Anyway, I dreamed that I went to see her only to find that she had a note on her office door saying she had gone to some other city to visit a sick friend. When I woke up I typed that city, which I had never heard of before into Google Maps and found out that it was an hour drive from where she lived.

rekhaiyer

People say it isn't possible but I have dreamed that I was dead and I was at my own funeral. I could see people crying but I don't remember seeing my body. Unsure if I dreamed being in an accident in the same dream or if it is just my brain tricking me.
Cravings & Ideas
O/O

Kuroneko

I always dream and more often then not remember them. Last night I dreamed I was at a young woman's home. She lived in one room with five cats - two of which were like Janus cats, but instead of having two faces, they each had two sets of front legs and a head. More like Siamese twins. They lived in a room with a small alligator, and the woman couldn't understand why the cats were always stressed and often didn't get along O_o. Later, it turned out she had a large apartment connected to the singular room, and I advised her to let the cats live in all of it - and to take the alligator to a zoo.

Yes, this is where my brain goes at night.  XD
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

wander

I had a dream last night that I was in a boy-band... Well, it'd be a Take That style man-band at my age, though anyway... My self-esteem was playing hell as I felt like the odd one out with the preened pretty guys around me. Though I could sing (I'm pretty good IRL too btw) and we were doing really well at this show, though it come to pass it was a big prank and people were cheering as they were laughing at us, not really cheering. The ladies we were chatting to and bragging to and hanging on to us were doing it for the lulz of it all. Though the one quiet short lady who kept looking in my direction and I wasn't paying any notice to happened to actually truly like me. The end of the dream was me trying to find her and tell her I liked her too, though I could see I couldn't reach her, it was like a clear plastic sheet came between me and her and the crowd of people where ever I moved.

I woke up thinking I should have showed my interest when I had the chance to.  -_-

Kaspider

I've been having some bizarre but not weird dreams. Last night I was part of a stealth gun team. I had a bolt rifle or a sniper with the scope off. We were at a farmhouse, silent and watching the enemy with our eyes. The enemy was a woman with a shotgun on. Somehow something happened which made me retreat inside the farmhouse. I was cornered off to a room which was unlucky because I was moving very silent and skillfully.

Finally I came face to face with the enemy woman. I had my sniper bolt rifle aimed at her and she had hers at me. I was at advantage here to shoot but when I shot nothing happened. It was a disappointment. The woman just chuckled, took pity on me, and left the room.

This has happened twice with me (not the exact dream but similar where the climax is just my lack of knowledge). If only I had little bit of more knowledge on how to handle a rifle, I would have made the kill. Anyhow...
I don't see the future. I don't worry about the past. Now's all I have.

Mathim

Fuck me, had the weirdest damn dream last night. At first I was convinced I was in three classes and was about to fail two if I didn't stay up all night writing a paper for the third one just to cling to a barely passable grade because the entire semester I'd forgotten I was even in the classes and did none of the assignments. I literally had to battle with my own subconscious to convince myself that, no, in fact, in the waking world I am most certainly not enrolled in any classes during this particular semester. And this is just a repeat pattern of my dreams being so realistic I have to seriously question reality every time I'm in them. Fucking scary!

Then somehow I ended up on the Power Rangers team, which was a mixture of the new movie and the original team because most of them didn't take off their helmets, but the guy who played the original Green Ranger/White Ranger was there. Then it became some kind of Scooby-Doo mystery where we lost our powers and had to wander around what looked like the New York Stock Exchange, and then an abandoned office building looking for some kind of secret document or potion or something and use it to empower ourselves again and save the black kid who plays the Blue Ranger in the new movie, because for the moment, I was taking his place. There was some kind of cheat, and this little Deux Ex Machina wizard gave me the thing we needed while the others weren't looking and I was able to take the credit for the discovery, but when we got back to the place where we were supposed to bargain for our hostage friend, someone else was there in their place which wasn't part of the deal. Not only that, it was almost like a Kangaroo Court setting in an auditorium, if the entire audience was the cast of the Muppet Show. Eventually the evil wizard holding the Blue Ranger hostage came out, and he was a giant holding a tiny Blue Ranger, or the Blue Ranger was just shrunk and the wizard was normal-sized. Then it started getting Family Guy bizarre where the wizard would punish anyone who talked out of turn and would turn them into animals, or switch people's brains into others' bodies, until everyone just starting being smart-asses and getting zapped and usually when things start getting that nutty, I am about to wake up, and sure enough, I did. Typically after waking up from a dream like that, I'm still exhausted, and this was no exception. Only it's light outside so there's no chance I'll be able to get back to sleep, so here I am writing this all down before I forget any more of it.

Hemingway

I had a dream about a year ago that was really ... interesting and amusing.

I was on a train, but not in a passenger car. It was more like a big, open freight container that was all empty. I was meeting with two people who were going to sell me a recipe for meat filled pancakes that was so delicious even Satan wanted it. Before they could hand it over, a second train came driving through the train we were in and mowed the two of them down. Mind you, the train didn't just crash with ours. It was like there were tracks inside our train, and it was literally driving inside it. It was so weird and hilarious.

Mathim

Sounds like an episode of X-Men Evolution where Kitty Pryde was trying to avert a train-on-train collision by phasing one through the other but only got a short way in before they reintegrated. Also, check out Train to Busan, great train crash scene in that one, and it's just an awesome movie.

Not really looking forward to tonight's dreams, but then, I never do...

Sabot

Quote from: Mathim on March 09, 2017, 08:08:53 AM
I know I created a thread about experiencing tactile sensation while dreaming (I even lucid dreamed a few weeks ago for the first time since I was a kid) but the content of the dreams was secondary to the topic. So I thought, why not make one for everyone's strangest dreams that they can actually remember?

I have a ton of those (but they fade over time, sadly) and the one I just woke up from convinced me to write about it here. To sum it up: I somehow managed to charm a family of overweight cannibals out of eating me and my friends. Like the Hills Have Eyes if they captured Chunk from the Goonies and developed a liking toward him.

That was recent. A few notable from years past:
-For some reason I was at my elementary school and needed to eat a plate of the Incredible Hulk's feet. His toenails were not very pretty.
-I was wandering around Raccoon City, ran into Wolverine from X-Men for some reason, then woke up after encountering the Nemesis and deciding I'd rather eat a shotgun than let him use that tentacle thing on me.

I had a strange dream last night, where I accidentally invented a new type of boomerang. It spun, it would hover, change shape, rise suddenly, swoop down, and zoom off in different directions. Boomerang, because it usually returned to me when I threw it, after some aerobatics. Just as I lost the prototype on top of a very high roof, I woke up thinking to myself that the mechanics involved just didn't make any sense. The dream was in color, the boomerang was sort of shaped like a real one, but had a jointed center, and several radiating, and overlapping 'wings'. It was roughly crafted from a medium dark hard wood, and thickly varnished so that it had a glossy, and smooth texture over a rough exterior.

So far as dreams go, it was the most vivid I've had in a long time.

Mathim

Oooooookay, not sure if this one had anything to do with the fact that I'm on post-surgery pain medication, but hot damn, haven't had one of this magnitude (that I've remembered) in quite a long time.

So I'm starting out in a Fallout: New Vegas sort of environment and I've got either a machine or an innate ability that lets me take over the bodies of wasteland critters, and the only thing available besides Deathclaws (which I can't use it on) are Bighorner Calfs. No big deal, I think, so I decide to go down and fuck with the Deathclaws in the body of the Bighorner Calf thinking I've got nothing to worry about. Soon as they kill the calf's body, however, my body pops out and I'm a sitting duck. So I 'load' a new game from my last dream save point, only since I know in reality this always changes things, like enemy spawnings, I end up above way, way more Deathclaws than I anticipated and have to figure out a way to ensure they don't end up following me. A few methods of distraction or trying to send them in another direction fail, and finally I decide to just try to go it without getting their attention at all, and it works except for one who somehow, from an impossible distance, spots me. Luckily I'm in an area with lots of freeway dividers to separate us, and there's a couple of random merchants around for me to hide behind while they whittle away its health and it tears them apart.

Not sure how this next part transitions in, but now I'm in a blend of the real world and New Vegas, where the college campus I work at is totally its normal appearance but it's way more crowded and everyone outside is quite clearly armed because it's the apocalypse and there's dangerous shit out there. For some reason they want me to come in later than usual and not even for a normal full 8-hour shift and there's literally nothing to do and hardly anywhere to sit. I think half the dream is spent trying to distract myself at the office because there's so little to do I'm trying to literally fuck around for a full 6 hours or so. I finally go outside on a break and the front lawn is teeming with students with rifles, shotguns, energy pistols, etc., like normal wasteland residents, and as I'm approaching a bus stop, I hear that all too familiar stomp of pursuing Deathclaw feet and nearly scream. I jump behind the bus stop and witness not one but two adult Deathclaws tearing into the student population who, thankfully, tear into them right back. Two campus police dressed as NCR Rangers finish them off but one of them is slain in the effort. I pocket his equipment but never get around to doing anything with it. That's when the trouble starts.

Two even louder, unfamiliar roars echo through the grounds and what look like two purple Behemoth creatures from the Final Fantasy series have bred with Deathclaws to produce thick-hided, purple-and-gold patterned, horned quadrupedal semi-dragons are basically finishing what the Deathclaws started and are damn near unstoppable to the remaining students' firearms. I don't know how I manage to get back inside during the carnage but my indoor co-workers are completely oblivious so we point out the dead Deathclaws out there, but because there's no evidence of the Behemoths, they don't believe any of us who survived, except there appears to be one of the Behemoths' giant purple tails that did get blown off. But then we see them leap down and find out they're able to climb the walls of the buildings with ease, looking for prey, and we're just hoping they don't know how to get in through the doors.

One of the guys in the office (who isn't actually a co-worker, but is actually one of the hosts of the podcast God Awful Movies, Heath Enwright) apparently knows about these new breeds and tells us what he knows before going outside and getting killed. I try to call in to the authorities with this info and yet no response comes out with advanced weaponry to finish what the police started. We decide to make a break for it but then we start only seeing one of the Behemoths for some reason. Not sure what it means, we are given no choice but to run when the other Behemoth does make it inside the hallway. Somehow or another, it locks eyes with me, and I dash outside, hiding just outside the door so it'll blast past me when it rushes outside. It works, and a game of cat-and-mouse starts with me constantly being spotted but then hiding just outside its vision when it catches up. I almost make it to a building where I'm pretty sure if it can't see me go in, I'm home free, but it's way too far to get there in time and while I'm trying to hide behind a pillar, it spots me and I'm just sobbing in panic. Then I realize everyone outside is just standing around like none of this was even happening. I'm not sure why they aren't all as scared shitless as me, but then the Behemoth calls out to me, in the voice of Tamara Chambers from youtube's Channel Awesome, except she's calling me "Heath" in a case of mistaken identity.

Apparently Heath's knowledge had made this Behemoth 'famous' and she was now being given lucrative book, TV and movie offers and she just wanted to thank him (mistaking him for me since I made the phone call after the real Heath had died) and because I was both still too terrified, and also not the real Heath and wondering how she'd react to this news, literally spent five minutes doing a Lou Costello bit from Hold That Ghost where I just couldn't get a single word out no matter how much I tried, always going back and forth between choking, wheezing, laughing and crying incoherently, with the whole school and Behemoth watching me like I was an absolute goober. Then I woke up.

Dys Astyr

Wow Mathim, that was a doozy! Now I kinda want to see a deathclaw-behemoth mod.

My dreams are always fairly bizarre. I've also been a lucid dreamer since as far back as I can remember. Love seeing a place to share the insane stuff that our sleeping brains come up with.  ;D

Alive! Trying to catch up but there is a lot, please be patient! Thank you. <3

Mathim

Quote from: Dys Astyr on May 09, 2017, 12:27:59 PM
Wow Mathim, that was a doozy! Now I kinda want to see a deathclaw-behemoth mod.

My dreams are always fairly bizarre. I've also been a lucid dreamer since as far back as I can remember. Love seeing a place to share the insane stuff that our sleeping brains come up with.  ;D

Well in fairness, the Deathclaws in Fallout 4 do have quadrupedal movements so that might have helped make the transition (although not the purple-skinned tint) but yeah, that was a doozy. I didn't even realize it was that many paragraphs til I was done writing!

Dys Astyr

I had a small but strange dream last night. I was driving around with my partner, arguing about a hit we were supposed to make. (We seemed to be hitmen.) We both had long, slightly triangular blades - somewhere between a mirror shard and a hunk of rusty metal, with no handles. Eventually things became so heated I opened the door of the truck we were in and leapt out. I landed near a strange graveyard that seemed to form a kind of alley way between two huge churches. When I came to the other side of it there was an open area with a gas station, everyone was staring at the sky. I looked up to see that someone in a small plane was writing messages with the plane's exhaust. They seemed to actually say something in the dream - I could sort of read it, but they just looked like a bunch of strange eye symbols.

Mathim

Quote from: Dys Astyr on May 19, 2017, 05:03:47 PM
I had a small but strange dream last night. I was driving around with my partner, arguing about a hit we were supposed to make. (We seemed to be hitmen.) We both had long, slightly triangular blades - somewhere between a mirror shard and a hunk of rusty metal, with no handles. Eventually things became so heated I opened the door of the truck we were in and leapt out. I landed near a strange graveyard that seemed to form a kind of alley way between two huge churches. When I came to the other side of it there was an open area with a gas station, everyone was staring at the sky. I looked up to see that someone in a small plane was writing messages with the plane's exhaust. They seemed to actually say something in the dream - I could sort of read it, but they just looked like a bunch of strange eye symbols.

I think the part of our brain that is capable of reading is inactive during sleep (don't quote me on that) so that may be why you couldn't read it?

Dys Astyr

I've never had a problem reading in dreams, but generally the words are in English and not eyeballs. :P

But my guess would be that it is one of those thing that varies from person to person. I always read that most people can only see and hear in their dreams, having no real sense of smell/taste/touch. Which I guess is what gave rise to the whole "pinch me so I know I'm not dreaming" thing. XD

Mathim

Quote from: Dys Astyr on May 19, 2017, 08:55:32 PM
I've never had a problem reading in dreams, but generally the words are in English and not eyeballs. :P

But my guess would be that it is one of those thing that varies from person to person. I always read that most people can only see and hear in their dreams, having no real sense of smell/taste/touch. Which I guess is what gave rise to the whole "pinch me so I know I'm not dreaming" thing. XD

That is absolutely not true, I've experienced numerous tactile sensations while dreaming, of various sorts (heat/cold, texture, and pain), so I think if you pinch yourself to find out if you're dreaming or not, you might just shock yourself out of the dream if you inflict pain on yourself because it would be so jarring to experience that during a dream.

Oniya

The reading thing does vary from person to person, but most people find they are unable to make sense of text in a dream - something about the half of the brain that comprehends language being less active or even inactive during REM.

More on topic, had a dream the other night where I had to keep rescuing my cat from a pool that it wanted to swim in.  (Mind you, this cat has never shown any inclination to get in water, except for peering over the edge of the tub when it's full.)  More bizarrely, when I was in the pool getting the cat, it looked as though the bottom opened out into some kind of void - which made me even more anxious about the cat ending up in the water.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Mathim

The night before last, I had a seriously mundane but bizarre dream. I was in San Francisco buying some DVDs and somehow they never took them out of those hard plastic cases that prevent theft, and after my friend stopped the car on the freeway on the way home to let me out so I could walk the rest of the way (which apparently isn't nearly as far as it is in real life since it took no time to walk that distance) and on the way to my house, I stopped at this other used DVD place that was partly a library and partly some kind of educational facility in addition to the store. But when I get in there and want to buy a couple of DVDs from them, they try to charge me for the other ones I brought in with me, because they are still in those plastic anti-theft cases. I try to argue that I brought those in with me and they say they're not letting me walk out of the store with them without paying for them or they'll call the police. I must have spent what seemed like hours arguing with these assholes and getting nowhere. So weird. I don't remember if there was a resolution but I think I was trying to break in after dark to steal them back since they were rightfully mine.

SaturnCeleste

Quote from: Mathim on May 25, 2017, 02:09:44 PM
The night before last, I had a seriously mundane but bizarre dream. I was in San Francisco buying some DVDs and somehow they never took them out of those hard plastic cases that prevent theft, and after my friend stopped the car on the freeway on the way home to let me out so I could walk the rest of the way (which apparently isn't nearly as far as it is in real life since it took no time to walk that distance) and on the way to my house, I stopped at this other used DVD place that was partly a library and partly some kind of educational facility in addition to the store. But when I get in there and want to buy a couple of DVDs from them, they try to charge me for the other ones I brought in with me, because they are still in those plastic anti-theft cases. I try to argue that I brought those in with me and they say they're not letting me walk out of the store with them without paying for them or they'll call the police. I must have spent what seemed like hours arguing with these assholes and getting nowhere. So weird. I don't remember if there was a resolution but I think I was trying to break in after dark to steal them back since they were rightfully mine.
This is an interesting dream!  I did a little research on it and this is the site I used:
http://www.dreammoods.com/
I'll break your dream down.
DVD- The DVD represents your desire to recapture or relive a certain moment in your life.
Thief- To dream that you are a thief suggests that you are afraid of losing what you have. Perhaps you feel that you are undeserving of the things you already have. Alternatively, to dream that you are a thief indicates that you are overstepping your boundaries in some situation or relationship.  To dream that you are a witness to a theft or a victim of theft indicates that someone is wasting your time and/or stealing your energy and ideas. Perhaps you feel robbed in some way.
Stealing- To dream that you are stealing suggests that you are feeling deprived. The locale (at home, the office, at school, etc) of where the stealing takes place is indicative of your neediness. Alternatively, stealing signifies unrealized and unfulfilled goals. You may have set your goals too high.  To dream that someone is stealing something from you indicates that you are experiencing an identity crisis or are suffering from some sort of loss in your life. Alternatively, the dream means that someone has stolen your success or has taken credit for something you did. Perhaps you feel that you have been treated unfairly.
Library- To dream that you are in a library signifies your search for knowledge and your hunger for ideas. You may be trying to seek out new meanings to life. You need to study and evaluate your situation before taking action. If the library is disorganized, then it suggests that too much information is coming at you at the same time. You are having difficulty sorting it all out.  To see a library in your dream symbolizes the knowledge you have accumulated over the years.
Walk- To dream that you are walking with ease signifies a slow, but steady progress toward your goals. You are moving through life in a confident manner. Consider your destination.
School (Educational Facility)- To dream that you are looking for a school suggests that you need to expand your knowledge and learning. To dream that you are at a new school means that you are feeling out of place in some situation. Or perhaps there is a new lesson that you need to learn.
Store- To see or be in a grocery or convenience store in your dream suggests that you are emotionally and mentally strained. Alternatively, the dream means that you are brainstorming for some new ideas or looking at the various choices out there for you. The dream may be a pun on something that is in "store" for you.  It could signify the inevitable.  To notice that there are no customers in a store implies that you are alone with your ideas. You feel no one agrees with your thinking. If there are other customers in the store, then it represents your shared views.
Market- To dream that you are in a market represents some emotional or physical need that you are currently lacking in your life. You may be in need of nurturance and some fulfillment. Consider the specific items that you are shopping for. Alternatively, the market signifies frugality.  To see an barren market in your dream signifies depression and gloominess. There is a void in your life. If the market is large or well-stocked, then it means possibilities and choices.

My overall reaction is you are searching for something.  Whether it is knowledge or something more physical, you are searching and perhaps in different places than you usually hang out.  Ultimately it was your dream and you know the mood of the dream but keep looking for that certain something you want or need to have!  The walking part of your dream was very cool and significant!  Sweet dreams, Mathim!  ;)
To some, steampunk is a catchall term, a concept in search of a visual identity. To me, it’s essentially the intersection of technology and romance. – Jake von Slatt
Saturn Reads Tarot (Free) & E*rotic Readings,
Lickable Limericks, Saturn's Celestial Void, Saturn's Celestial Sojourn

Oniya

Can I just be amused that dream-interpretation sites even have an entry for DVDs?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

SaturnCeleste

Quote from: Oniya on July 17, 2017, 02:39:52 PM
Can I just be amused that dream-interpretation sites even have an entry for DVDs?
I know, right?  I was surprised!
To some, steampunk is a catchall term, a concept in search of a visual identity. To me, it’s essentially the intersection of technology and romance. – Jake von Slatt
Saturn Reads Tarot (Free) & E*rotic Readings,
Lickable Limericks, Saturn's Celestial Void, Saturn's Celestial Sojourn

Kaspider

Been having a lot of dreams lately. Last night, I dreamt I was with a girl who had just lost her husband. She was in denial and in between the stages of happiness and sadness. She would do crazy things like paint spray walls and dance naked on a roof top. At the end of the night, I took advantage of her by booking a hotel room with the intention of having sex with her.

But I woke up before it got to that.
I don't see the future. I don't worry about the past. Now's all I have.