Ignore this Topic, by order of Management.

Started by Administrator, December 22, 2008, 02:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

There's a chainsaw start button, but it's a little too close to the chainsaw's 'business end' for my comfort.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Bliss

I assumed that (A) that was a crossection showing the chainsaw inside a closed barrel and (B) the start button would fire off the rockets. ...although that would be silily, because there's a triggergrip.

*pastes a FAIL onto her forehead*
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Maeven

Quote from: Bliss Jones on April 09, 2009, 10:54:49 AM

*colors it gold to match the pretties in her eyes*
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Bliss

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Inkidu

Quote from: Maeven on April 09, 2009, 10:59:54 AM
*colors it gold to match the pretties in her eyes*
*Sighs" That's better.

Everyone running around with sword avis and rather plain last names reminds me of Comedy Central's upcoming show, "Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire".
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Quote from: Bliss Jones on April 09, 2009, 10:54:49 AM
I assumed that (A) that was a crossection showing the chainsaw inside a closed barrel and (B) the start button would fire off the rockets. ...although that would be silily, because there's a triggergrip.

It's still too close to the business end.  I'd be worried about taking off whatever finger I used to press the button.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Inkidu

I thought diagram was being bisected. I It looked like half of the tube. Still most chainsaws are pull-started. How would that work.

I have a theory.

You slip the string though a hole and you affix it to the plastic pull handle. Rev chainsaw and then you cut the ripcord again and then can fire the chainsaw. Still, it's ineffective, but it works.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Satnslillgrl

Has Mythbusters made a chainsaw cannon yet?
Believe me, believe me. I can't tell you why.
But I'm trapped by your love and I'm chained to your side.
O/OA/A  UPDATED 1/3 <<--READ ME!!

Oniya

No, but they did make a chicken gun once...

Bliss

Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Oniya

To test whether a bird could break a jet windscreen.  They had to get the bird carcass (chicken) up to airplane speeds, since flying a real jet into a live bird would be both dangerous and inhumane.

EDIT:  Aaand.... It's on YouTube!  (if a little jerky and of poor sound quality.)

Mythbusters Chicken Gun (Full Video)

Will

...They're always hatching some feather-brained scheme.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Greenthorn

Quote from: Will1984 on April 20, 2009, 08:04:39 AM
...They're always hatching some feather-brained scheme.

Will...Humor101 please!

DORK!

Will

Heh, I've got better.  They're just not really for public boards. :P

- Jack Kerouac

Bliss

Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Oniya

Yes, both frozen and thawed.

The 'myth' was that NASA uses a 'chicken gun' to test windscreen resilience.  A European group made a similar gun for a similar purpose, and experienced tons-o-damage.  NASA's response was 'thaw your chickens'.

Bliss

...........................................................*DIES*
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Satnslillgrl

That's what I was thinking when I asked about the chainsaw cannon. The chicken Cannon was a very cool episode.
Believe me, believe me. I can't tell you why.
But I'm trapped by your love and I'm chained to your side.
O/OA/A  UPDATED 1/3 <<--READ ME!!

Inkidu

What about a rocket-propelled chainsaw wielding chicken (Wearing cool Rambo bandannas) launcher? 

Oniya

If the chicken is wielding a chainsaw, wouldn't having a little leather mask be more appropriate?

Will

I think if he's wielding a chainsaw, he can wear whatever he wants.

- Jack Kerouac

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on April 20, 2009, 09:32:32 AM
If the chicken is wielding a chainsaw, wouldn't having a little leather mask be more appropriate?
Only if he's not propelled by a rocket. See these things have been planned out! :D

Oh and squawking Ride of the Valkyries! That would make me mess myself. 

Caeli

>_>

<_<

-slaps a sticky note with a ;D drawn in thick black Sharpie and flees-
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Mnemaxa

Wonders if this thread is like 'The Game' in that you lose if you think about it.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Maeven

*giggles and pins up a giant sign on the wall*

What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule