Samurai Jack Season 5 Hype Thread!

Started by CaptainNexus616, February 06, 2017, 03:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

Decided to wait for the season to finish and binge watch it. Starting right now. So excited. The finale was spoiled for me by a guy at work, but I don't know anything about what leads up to it.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Jag

Watched half last night and just finished it...Oh the feels. Closure. Definitely closure.

CaptainNexus616

Agreed Jagerin. I know the series is now over but I just had a hilarious thought I wanted to share with everyone on this thread.

How much you want to bet the High Priestess was in that crowd of children Aku tried telling fairy tales to in the first season? Being the only one who actually bought into that nonsense?! Lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Jag

Decided to make an Aku blanket:

Crochet Graph Pattern I Made

That's going to be a lot of black yarn. It took four days to get the squares right on the graph to where they didn't look funny. O_O

Lustful Bride

A Fun little Samurai Jack retrospective.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 05, 2017, 10:54:58 AM
A Fun little Samurai Jack retrospective.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

I quite enjoyed that :D

Just found this...is shocking how well the song fits

https://youtu.be/FXqxfkwKVdk
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

DelightfullyMAD

I'm rather torn on the outcome of Samurai Jack.  I don't know, it just felt... strange to me.  The first few episodes were really, really good.  Episode 2 was especially tense and nail-biting, and I can't remember the last time I actually was on the edge of my seat when watching a cartoon.

Honestly, I think that in some ways for me, the show was just not going to end in a satisfying way no matter what the writers did.  I will admit that straight up.  That's not to say that the season wasn't good, it certainly was, but I actually felt okay with the show originally ending on a cliff-hanger.  Sure I wanted to know how it ended, but at the same time now that I have actually seen the end, I almost feel like it should have stayed ambiguous.  It felt too... neat, and while the final battle was certainly fun, it just felt sort of weird for it to end.

I don't know, maybe I'm just too picky...
Number of RPs I am currently doing: 0 out of 5

Curious to know about me?  Here's my introduction thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=266266.msg13136350#new

My schedule occasionally gets kind of hectic, so if I suddenly disappear for a period of time, not to worry, I am likely just working like a dog.  I will be back.

CaptainNexus616

Its been quite awhile since the previous post, but I thought I would let those interested in knowing.

Season 5 will be released later this month on the 17th for purchase.  ;D

It'd be nice to get a box set for the entire series but I won't hold my breath.