Samurai Jack Season 5 Hype Thread!

Started by CaptainNexus616, February 06, 2017, 03:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matttheman89

Quote from: Lustful Bride on March 27, 2017, 04:24:59 PM
So only 2 episodes left till the season is over......anyone else worried that we wont see a real ending? It feels like it might just end with jack getting his sword and setting out again :/ not one final glorious battle between the two.

Silly Bride. This season still has seven episodes left, not two. It's a ten episode season, so there's still plenty of time for a real ending.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Matttheman89 on March 27, 2017, 04:35:29 PM
Silly Bride. This season still has seven episodes left, not two. It's a ten episode season, so there's still plenty of time for a real ending.

Ah that's good :)  I only saw 5 episodes listed on Xfinity and so I assumed it was all there was.

CaptainNexus616

So thoughts on the most recent episode?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Lustful Bride

Wow...the Scotssman.

*Gets some bagpipes to play Amazing Grace*

And also Oh my God his daughters are Goddesses!  :o

Each and everyone of them is Extra Thicc. * ;D

(Had to make the joke, sorry/not sorry X3)

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: Lustful Bride on April 16, 2017, 12:03:21 PM
Wow...the Scotssman.

*Gets some bagpipes to play Amazing Grace*

And also Oh my God his daughters are Goddesses!  :o

Each and everyone of them is Extra Thicc. * ;D

(Had to make the joke, sorry/not sorry X3)

Let us just note the Scotsman BRED HIS OWN ARMY!!!

I want my Daughters of Aku vs Daughters of the Scotsman battle now. Internet I demand it!!!
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Jag

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on April 16, 2017, 08:01:39 PM

To be fair. When not fighting the forces of evil, what much else is there to do? *nods*
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Lustful Bride

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on April 16, 2017, 08:01:39 PM

I want my Daughters of Aku vs Daughters of the Scotsman battle now. Internet I demand it!!!

...I just realized....maybe his wife really wasn't fat! 0.0  maybe she was just pregnant and emotional.

Forget Shipping Jack with Ashi or the Emoji mother, I wanna see him shipped with all of the Scottsgirls. ^_^

DelightfullyMAD

Quote from: Lustful Bride on April 16, 2017, 08:05:16 PM
...I just realized....maybe his wife really wasn't fat! 0.0  maybe she was just pregnant and emotional.

Forget Shipping Jack with Ashi or the Emoji mother, I wanna see him shipped with all of the Scottsgirls. ^_^

Now this I can get behind  ;D

That being said... damn but the Scotsman and his wife have been busy, haven't they?  Gotta admit, quite the happy couple there, considering just how much the Scotsman adored his muffin.  He must be so proud to be the father of a raging army of Valkyries such as they.
Number of RPs I am currently doing: 0 out of 5

Curious to know about me?  Here's my introduction thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=266266.msg13136350#new

My schedule occasionally gets kind of hectic, so if I suddenly disappear for a period of time, not to worry, I am likely just working like a dog.  I will be back.

CaptainNexus616

When Jack and the Scotsman cross paths again...I want Jack to start going on his no hope rant.

and the Scotsman just starts smacking him and going off on an insult rant to snap Jack out of it  ;D

DelightfullyMAD

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on April 16, 2017, 08:29:13 PM
When Jack and the Scotsman cross paths again...I want Jack to start going on his no hope rant.

and the Scotsman just starts smacking him and going off on an insult rant to snap Jack out of it  ;D

I can definitely see the Scotsman doing just that.  Jack's pity party with himself is all well and good for character development, and I think it's been done really well so far, but, well, the Scotsman doesn't have time for that mamby pamby, diaper wearing, sniveling, hand-wringing, wallowing, simpering self-pity.  A good slap upside the head from him may very well be what Jack needs, someone to just snap him out of it.
Number of RPs I am currently doing: 0 out of 5

Curious to know about me?  Here's my introduction thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=266266.msg13136350#new

My schedule occasionally gets kind of hectic, so if I suddenly disappear for a period of time, not to worry, I am likely just working like a dog.  I will be back.

Matttheman89

This has all been well and good (especially the buff and busty Scotswomen), but one thing that has been on my mind this whole time has been the vision of an older Jack The Guardian of that time portal saw in an earlier season, showing Jack with a crown and a more regal appearance. That always seemed like it was going to be important to the conclusion of the series somehow, but now I'm wondering if it's been let go in favor of the current story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppMe1I0xVo8

The recent comic series from IDW used it's final issue to try and shed some light on that story that I found...interesting (particularly since at the time it was the only bit of closure fans might get as the fifth season had yet to be announced), but now that's been confirmed as non-canon by the creator of the series himself, it feels like it's not something that's going to be expounded on.

Matttheman89

What a fun trip down memory lane tonight's episode was. I wasn't expecting to see the SAM-MOO-RAI again, of all people. Those three formerly cursed archers have aged almost as well as Jack has too. :o

And I guess now we know how Aku will learn about Jack's missing sword, although it doesn't look like that'll be a problem for too long.

That aside though, DAYUM Ashi's new look is all kinds of fine. To quote Jack himself; "I like your hair, and your clothes."  XD

Lustful Bride

This season just gets better and better. ^_^

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: Lustful Bride on April 23, 2017, 09:11:01 AM
This season just gets better and better. ^_^

It makes me all the more excited for when Jack regains his sword.

CaptainNexus616

the latest episode  :o

*squeals in happiness*

CaptainNexus616

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
AND THUS THE SHIPPERS REJOICE

The promo for the next episode is where I am really hyped

OH MY GOSH JACK IS ABOUT TO RUN INTO THE GUARDIAN AGAIN I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE REMATCH OF THE CENTURY!!!!!!!!!!

Lustful Bride

There is only one thing that could make this final season even more amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrV64n0LPw0

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: Lustful Bride on May 08, 2017, 12:16:10 AM
There is only one thing that could make this final season even more amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrV64n0LPw0

Jackie the Blade and Road Warrior Bravo heading out to dish out some justice to the Future!

------------

....So...how does everyone feel about Episode 9?......

Matttheman89

I'm not all that surprised to see that the Guardian and his Time Portal are gone. Aku did say he'd gotten them all, after all. There's only one episode left now. It's almost time to see how it all ends. I'm a little worried that it'll be a bit rushed though. They have to deal with Ashi and the final battle between Jack and Aku, the Scotsman and his hot daughter army, and the resolution to it all in just 22 minutes or so. That's a lot for just one episode.

RIP Scaramoosh.

CaptainNexus616

Well everyone...its over. Jack's story has come to a conclusion.

Not gonna lie, it definitely felt a bit rushed.

That said gonna ask everyone who has been part of this thread, what have been your thoughts about this final season in its entirety?

If you missed the chance to watch it tonight, they will be running a full marathon of the season next weekend so check it out if you can :)

Lustful Bride

I agree. It was a rushed ending. It should have been an hour long, and maybe helped us have some closure, show the future with all the characters having a happy ending.

But for what we got...im happy. I liked all the callbacks to older episodes. Not many shoes get to allow us closure, and i'm happy we got that with this. :)

CaptainNexus616

Agreed, despite everything that has happened. The original cancellation, the long wait, and the rushed ending....it did feel like closure. I can truly say I am happy we got that.

On another note. Freaking Genndy pulled a Gurren Lagann ending on us!

Lustful Bride

I loved how the Scottsman was offering up one of his daughters' to Jack. X3 It was the ship I was personally championing.

CaptainNexus616

lol Jack was being so modest about it too.

"Oh no its not that...I met someone.."

"REALLY WHO?!"

I just loved how 180 the Scotsman went when he heard his best buddy fell in love.

Lustful Bride

This last season just gave me so many characters I want to ship together!