News:

Main Menu

NFL - 2016/2017 Season

Started by Whowhatwhere, August 24, 2016, 03:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whowhatwhere

I'm not sure who here is into it, but I pay attention to the NFL and wouldn't mind a bit of talk about it.

For starters, I'm a Tennessee Titans fan, and more than few of my friends are Denver Broncos fans...but I know more about the Titans than any other team. I'm excited for Mariota, Murray, Henry, and the crew. That's all.
The O's and the A's --- AFK every weekend

Nico

I generally pay attention to the NFL.

While I do not have this one favourite team, I love the sport in general. :-) Looking forward to the new season.

Eranil Morathim

I watch. And bleed purple. I think the Vikings are going to turn some heads again this year.

Whowhatwhere

Preseason week 3 was a good one for the Titans. Our running backs are the new normal; "exotic smashmouth" is what i believe the termed it. I hope this can translate to wins.

Eranil Morathim

I'm definitely happy about the running back situation in Minnesota. Adrian Peterson is a beast and we all know that. But the backups look good in their own right. I feel the starting defense has gotten better too, which could be scary for opponents. Hopefully everything I'ce seen in preseason so far carrie over to the regular season.

Whowhatwhere

Quote from: Eranil Morathim on August 29, 2016, 01:10:10 PM
I'm definitely happy about the running back situation in Minnesota. Adrian Peterson is a beast and we all know that. But the backups look good in their own right. I feel the starting defense has gotten better too, which could be scary for opponents. Hopefully everything I'ce seen in preseason so far carrie over to the regular season.

How many years do you think Adrian Peterson has left?

Eranil Morathim

I want to see him get another 5. The way he trains I think it's possible too, barring injuries of course.He did jus turn 31 though, so he may retire sooner than that. Bu I feel like he's th kind of guy who wants to giv his team every shot he can a a super bowl.

HannibalBarca

Almost all my family is from the L.A. area, so I grew up a fan of the Dodgers, Lakers, Kings, and Angels.  And the Rams and then Raiders.  Now that my Rams are back home finally, I'm excited for the new season.  Our fairly good defense lost a couple good players in free agency, so I expect it to drop a tick or so, but the offense should be better with another year of experience under the belt of our offensive line, a full season of Gurley, and a steadier quarterbacking situation, with Keenum holding down the starter role until Goff is seasoned enough to take over.

By the way--for those who have heard that L.A. isn't a decent football town...the first preseason game at the L.A. Coliseum had an attendance of 90,000 out of a possible 106,000.  Attendance was down in the last few years of the last stay here because of ownership.  Literally, so many people hated the owner--I mean really, really hated--that they refused to go to games.  Besides, people only had to look at the constant sellouts of USC and UCLA to get a true impression of how much football is enjoyed.
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Whowhatwhere

Quote from: HannibalBarca on August 30, 2016, 12:22:28 AM
By the way--for those who have heard that L.A. isn't a decent football town...the first preseason game at the L.A. Coliseum had an attendance of 90,000 out of a possible 106,000.  Attendance was down in the last few years of the last stay here because of ownership.  Literally, so many people hated the owner--I mean really, really hated--that they refused to go to games.  Besides, people only had to look at the constant sellouts of USC and UCLA to get a true impression of how much football is enjoyed.

Interesting. Being from Alabama, I don't hear much about California football (except for that USC-Alabama game coming up this weekend, which should be good) but that you all like basketball over there more than football. That's just the hearsay though, it's nice to know there's still a market for it.

As a Titans fan, of course I hate the ST LOUIS Rams, but now that they've moved back to LA (and that they have Jeff Fisher as a coach) the ire isn't so bad around here. I actually liked the LA Rams back in the day when the Titans were still the Oilers.

HannibalBarca

QuoteAs a Titans fan, of course I hate the ST LOUIS Rams, but now that they've moved back to LA (and that they have Jeff Fisher as a coach) the ire isn't so bad around here. I actually liked the LA Rams back in the day when the Titans were still the Oilers.

My dad quit watching football after the Rams lost their first Superbowl against the Steelers in 1980.  The Rams were heavy underdogs, of course, but were up at halftime, intercepting Terry Bradshaw three times.  They ended up losing, and it was the last letdown for my dad.  Most of the time in the playoffs in the 70s, the Rams would have the better record but end up losing to the Cowboys.

I still rooted for the Rams after they moved, so I relished the Superbowl win they finally earned.  That was a great game, with a great finish, and I couldn't help but feel for the Titans, who went down with guns blazing.  One great tackle by Mike Jones ended up being the difference.
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Eranil Morathim

Well, I wasn't exactly impressed with the Vikings offense today. Though Shaun Hill did play decent, but the defense on theother hand was damn impressive I would say.

Whowhatwhere

The Titans looked so good and fired up this game, but the second half was full of mistakes. Vikings won on a pick 6 and fumble 6. They scored no offensive touchdowns. This loss hurt, make no mistake.

There's a couple of bright spots, though. We have a very young team with tons of turnover this off season, so the pressure is on to perform. The young players are of course tense. Hopefully they will settle in as the season progresses. Talent wise, we have an improving roster. We beat the Vikings in every category except score, turnovers, and sacks. (But since the Vikings were playing a second string QB, the offensive numbers should merely be faint praise.)

Interesting that we had no sacks this game. Is the Viking O-Line that good?

Eranil Morathim

Credit to the Titans for containing AP as well as they did. But yes, the O line is very good, lots of talented players. As you said, we were starting a backup qb So for the Vikings to not score offensively was, while not required this time around, can not continue.

The Titans did look solid and I will admit I was getting frustrated watching the first half. Both teams I feel will look better and better as the season goes on. Though I hope Coach Zimmer decides to start Bradford soon, I think He will give them a better chance to win than Hill. While the defense is obviously good. They can't be counted on to score points and win games every week.

Whowhatwhere

Adrian Peterson will get going, too. Titans have ok run D, so I expect AP to make a better showing later on. Good luck!

Deamonbane

>.>

<.<

GO PATS! HELL YEAH JIMMY-BOY!
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

HannibalBarca

Ugh.  My team came back home, but they still have the same craptacular coach.  Jeff Fisher's offenses are offensive.  Someone please lend me a decent assistant coach I can replace him with.

San Francisco is not this good.  The Rams players are not this bad.  A little worse than last year, in my opinion, but not 28-0 bad.

And for god's sake, play Goff.  He can't be any worse.
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Life in Color

We here in Denver like to give em' the D.

The D-feeeeeeense.

I get super hype about football. It's going to be an interesting season.

Eranil Morathim

I can't remember if Minnesota and Denver play again this year, but that would be a pretty damn awesome defensive battle...again

Life in Color

It would truly be a war of attrition.

And would be awesome to watch.

Eranil Morathim

I just checked my schedule and sadly, That game is not happening this year. Maybe next year.

Life in Color

Quote from: Eranil Morathim on September 15, 2016, 12:39:05 AM
I just checked my schedule and sadly, That game is not happening this year. Maybe next year.

Sad day.

Eranil Morathim

Yeah it kind of is. I'm a big fan of great defense.

Whowhatwhere

Glad to see the Texans get stomped by the Patriots, but I am not sure that means we'll have an easy time of it in Week 4 (Titans)

Life in Color

I dislike Osweiler more than I dislike the Pats...

So, it was nice to see him get spanked.

Eranil Morathim

I personally am just tired of Brady and the Patriots in general. I know Brady is out right now, but any time I can see the Pats lose is a good time for me.