Movie/TV Scenes that Move you.

Started by Lustful Bride, April 22, 2016, 09:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackNight897

There were so many moments in BSG that made me emotional; from kat's picture on the memorial wall, the death of her character..the tragedy of Kat...the Cylons being inspired by Laura, to this:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

rekhaiyer

Cravings & Ideas
O/O

"Here Come the Hawks!" Toews <3

rekhaiyer

And nothing has come close to the "Make him stay, Murph!" scene from Interstellar. Instant bawling.

Cravings & Ideas
O/O

"Here Come the Hawks!" Toews <3

Cassandra LeMay

Something that always moves me to tears is the end of Rashomon. When the priest who has become disillusioned with humanity finds it in himself to trust the woodcutter with the baby they have found and recovers some meassure of trust in a fellow human it always moves me to tears.

The Last Unicorn also has several scenes that never fail to open my floodgates.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Lustful Bride

While not a movie scene and not the only scene in World In Conflict that got to me. The ending of Cascade Falls, where a Tank Platoon stays behind to delay the Soviet assault in time for the nuke to drop and for the rest of the friendly units to get away gave me chills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UIBLcmVFgg

Mathim

The arrest montage scene from the final episode of Daredevil season 1. I mean, the sheer amount of justice being doled out so righteously, you can't help but feel elated. You also get to see someone you didn't expect to have been in Fisk's pocket connected to Ben Urich being caught, proving that he was right all along and making his boss who fired him look so aghast. Marcy's face seeing her boss getting picked up, priceless! And that song, Nessun Dorma, oh, so apropos. I could watch that for hours and never get bored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO61TCgbMas
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Soaring Knight

I'm with Rekhaiyer here on Interstellar, but a different scene. I honestly could not stop crying, even before the protagonist started to.

Mathim

The scene from Soylent Green where Sol goes in to voluntarily die because the truth he found out was so gruesome. The images, things that people are deprived of in such an overpopulated and depleted world, Thorn having to watch his best and only real friend passing away, and the music...heartbreaking.

Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Lustful Bride

Arguably Darth Vader's greatest scene, I still get chills from it. And sadly a touching goodbye to Carrie Fisher :(

himawari

I love love LOVE Disney.
This is the quote that stuck with me ever since the Cinderella movie came out...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

Doomblade403xxx

Burn Notice: When Michael Weston's mother was killed was pretty emotional.

Sons of Anarchy: The deaths of Opie and Bobby Elvis were heartbreaking

Banshee: Finding out Rebecca was dead was pretty sad

Lustful Bride

I loved the ending scene of The One. Its just such an awesome idea, the greatest fighter in the universe sentenced to spend eternity fighting in a battle he cannot win. I just love it. I wish we could see more ideas like that.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: rekhaiyer on February 26, 2017, 10:47:10 PM
This scene from Person of Interest:

That's one of my favorites but this scene or the one immediately after is my favorite. You see just how dangerous Harold Finch is.

Spear80

Be alert for possible spoilers!!!!!!!

For me, as i saw this as a lad of 12, Chamberlain's 20th Maine, charging the Confederates as Gettysburg. That gave me sincere chills, still does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL-5uyp44WA

In the same movie for a different reason, the way the Confederates charge the Union lines across miles of open field. Well, i say, charge, but they mostly just walk,..into canon fire, and massed musket fire. Still they were brave lads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSraOEtrhWY  (not the original scene!)

And in a completely different genre, Star Wars, revenge of the Sith. The scenes showing us Order 66, seeing that for the first time or any time really,  it's the music that does it, in an otherwise, okay movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c7jNYpPFzE

wander

I've shed the odd man-tear over a powerful bit of media. I think the first time a film really upset me was The Elephant Man with the amazing John Hurt.

Also, for sheer kick to the feels whilst it's down, I have to mention 'Grave of the Fireflies'. In a catalogue of twee disneyified fantasy in Ghibli's catalogue comes this gut-punch of a film of two war orphans trying to make ends meet post WW2 and slowly starving to death. There's a scene towards the end when the older brother who's been doing his damnedest to look out for his little sister and keep her safe and well, he discovers her eating mud balls and pretending (and it's heavily suggested she delusionally believes it due to the long-term hunger) they're cakes.

That punched me in the gut so hard.

You really need to watch the whole film as it slow-burns with nihilism and hope being kicked from under the pair over and over until it reaches that point. And it hits hard, especially after a section where the brother does everything he can before then when his sister is sick to be seen by a doctor and we, as the viewers, are with her brother, hoping she makes it through that. She does, only for this to happen afterwards.

I highly recommend for people to sit down and watch the film, just... make sure you know what you're getting into, no cheery spirits and whimsical adventure here.

HoodedStranger

Did anyone else ever get the feels at the end of Hachiko, where he waits one last time for his owner to exit the train station, just like he has for the past ten years or so?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEOB9V8PwYo

Captain Maltese

How have I not noticed this thread before? You guys are posting great stuff.

I have a few moving movies moments myself. The one you get here is from the great black-and-white 1943-vintage movie Casablanca starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. For now it is enough to know that the story plays out in Rick's Cafe in Vichy-controlled and theoretically neutral Algerie, except the Germans are starting to make themselves comfortable in town. Ricks Cafe is filling up with European refugees looking for a way to get away before it is too late. And so there is a point where a few German officers are drinking and celebrating the latest victories, and singing German nationalistic songs. In defiance, the refugees start singing the French national song La Marseillaise and gradually overwhelms the German voices.

This scene has moved me TWICE. The first time it was a great display of defiance in itself, one of the greatest virtues I know. But much later I found the background story to the movie and learned that most the singing refugees aren't just actors. They were real refugees who had fled Europe and arrived in town just in time to get a minimum-wage job as extras in an obscure movie. That song you are hearing is coming straight from the hearts of people whose homes, families and hopes have been taken by the nazis. There is no acting involved.

And here I am choking up like a little kid, again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM-E2H1ChJM

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories