Movie/TV Scenes that Move you.

Started by Lustful Bride, April 22, 2016, 09:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

So I've never seen Rambo before, but for the first time I watched First Blood. The original Rambo movie, because of the reputation that the other Rambo movies had I NEVER thought that the end of the first one would move me as it did. I just happened to catch it on Tv and I felt like there was a pit in my heart. This movie isn't an action movie, its a Tragedy about a man who had lost it all and given all to a country that did not care for him.

Rambo First Blood, Rambo's Speech

"Who are they to protest me huh?! who are they?! unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yellin' about"

Fucked up thing is....I still see it. Ive seen a times already of soldiers I know being told "Hey shouldn't you be off somewhere killing Brown people?"by ungrateful shits.  As if every soldier is just some wind up toy that gets their key turned and gets sent off to kill, like they don't have feelings, like they don't suffer.

It makes me sad thinking of how many Men and Women get disrespected and abandoned by the government and civilians they fought for.

At the same time, aside from the depressing stuff, I always go to good old Mr. Chaplin, and this scene always lifts my spirits up. I remember when I was younger I had no idea who Chaplin was, and all I saw was the toothbrush moustache and avoided the video. Then one day I clicked on it and listened, and what he said nearly had me in tears.

Charlie Chaplin, Greatest Speech ever made

This rings true just as much now as it did then.

So what about you all? What scenes really touch you emotionally in any movies you've seen?

FoxWriter

as Cliche and childish as it is, i have always, and will forever be moved by the First Pokemon Movie.  the scene where Pikachu and all the other pokemon start to cry to save Ash who literally sacrificed himself. the way Pikachu refused to do what was easy, refused to fight back and defend himself. standing against what was wrong, to do what was right and Meowth's conversation with his clone.

Quoteyeah, we do have a lot in Common. The same Earth, the same air, the same sky. maybe if we started looking at whats the same, instead of t what's different, well, who knows?

and Mewtwo's declaration near the end of the movie.

QuoteI see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant; it is what we do with the gift of life that matters

it was a life lesson that i learned around the age of twelve that has stuck with me for most of my life.
[tr][td]
My Cafe[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Choose your own adventure : Fates be Chosen[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]50 Tales[/td][/tr]
[tr][td] Word of the Day[/td]
[/tr][/table]

CaptainNexus616

You know say what you want about Stallone just being an action hero, the man could do some pretty powerful scenes. Especially with his Rocky character.

https://youtu.be/D_Vg4uyYwEk
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Far eyes

Its the fortunate circumstance of a lot of people never to have to experience what it is like, or could be like to be in a war or a situation ware it is a choice that you have to do things because the alternative is you die. Its an unfortunate reality that a lot of soldiers get some of that shit from people who frankly have no idea what the fuck they are talking about.

I am not often touched by film scenes, so i am going to cheat a bit and name a game scene that did actually make me tear up, its the last bit of the Bastion game. Ware you are carrying out Zulf.

Though in film i have a soft spot for doomed last stands, maybe it said a bit about me. But i always sort of liked the kind of story telling ware in the end the hero has to die for the cause, he dos not get to age. Its not exactly the kind of scenes that would fit here so i will not link any as they could be mistaken for action scenes out of context, and they sometimes are but there is something that deeply resonates within me with the concept of going and doing something even though you know it might very well be futile. Its kind of a complicated bundle of things and i might suck at explaining it, so before i stumble along i will just leave it at that. 

What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

drummer2006jk

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on April 23, 2016, 08:50:58 AM
You know say what you want about Stallone just being an action hero, the man could do some pretty powerful scenes. Especially with his Rocky character.

I loved that scene, very inspirational indeed.

Kakihara

Ok, corny film for the most part but the end scene is the payoff.  It is about facing self doubt and having confidence in yourself.  When you look past all the negative voices and you will find you are a true master inside.  It never fails to give me chills when I watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiRHu1JjpI0

Mathim

It's not from a movie per se, but season 2 of Daredevil has the Punisher pouring his heart out...really got to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDYiDrnQQlk
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Zekromnomnom

A LOT of scenes tend to move me, but I'm super emotional a lot of the time. Probably from bottling things up for too long.

One that immediately comes to mind is the scene at the end of Mulan where the emperor is telling her all the things she did wrong, and then he's like "And you have saved all of China" and then everyone bows to her. I can't watch it without crying.

Probably the most recent one for me is the last episode of season 1 of The Flash, where
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Eddy Thawne shoots himself to stop the Reverse Flash. I saw it coming from when they first said what Eddy's last name was, but then Reverse Flash has him tied up for days in a bunker and keeps telling him over and over how little he means in the grand scheme of things. How he's just a dumb cop who doesn't get to marry Iris. I was on the edge of my seat near the end of the episode and then it happens and I'm just crying. And really thinking about what was going through his head at the time.

SapphireStar

The end of Furious 7, when Dom is at the stop sign after leaving the beach where the others were gathered watching Brian and Mia with Jack. Brian pulls up beside him in the Skyline. Dom's inner monologue about how he and Brian are brothers and will always be brothers. The song by Wiz Khalif playing as they show scenes from the past movies while they drive down the road, then the roads split and the white Skyline goes on up the road through the mountains.

Another movie scene, is from Ladyhawke. The lovers are in the makeshift hole on a bed of pine nettles. Isabeau in human form, Narvar in wolf form as the sun starts to rise. They start shifting, and there is the one split second when they are both human and just when they are about to touch, Isabeau becomes the hawk and flies away leaving Narvar behind still reaching for her.

Mathim

This is from the movie Falling Down. You really have to see the whole thing, his descent, but this conclusion, where he realizes what he's become in the end, was very powerful the first time I saw it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4dnIgkAKJg
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

CaptainNexus616

I like to note this scene is something special.

https://youtu.be/GW1lWrfA87w

Watching Adama leave the Galactica for the final time after everything they went through. That ship was part of his soul, and now at the end of the road, with her mission done, heavily damaged, and barely operational it was time to let the Galactica rest in peace.
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Zananos

I am so darned emotional that everything moves me :D

Quote from: FoxWriter on April 23, 2016, 08:16:00 AM
as Cliche and childish as it is, i have always, and will forever be moved by the First Pokemon Movie.  the scene where Pikachu and all the other pokemon start to cry to save Ash who literally sacrificed himself. the way Pikachu refused to do what was easy, refused to fight back and defend himself. standing against what was wrong, to do what was right and Meowth's conversation with his clone.

and Mewtwo's declaration near the end of the movie.

it was a life lesson that i learned around the age of twelve that has stuck with me for most of my life.

I am going to agree with this one though. Got to see the movie for the first time because of a snow day when I was in middle school. The scene and quote has stuck with me the rest of my life
Sometimes I dream a dream, of simple tales in simple sleep; and although mine eyes are opened wide, I still cannot yet see.
In the process of moving and changing jobs, may be hit or miss activity wise for a month or so. Depends on schedule. Will try to post at least something small at least once a week. Not currently involved in any projects, group things, or role-playing.

Mathim

This is from a video game, but god DAMN, so impactful! You are so heavily emotionally invested in all these characters, even the ones who aren't there to the very end, I honestly can't even listen to the music track playing over the ending without shedding tears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4_sw0trdNc

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Mathim on May 02, 2016, 04:01:30 PM
This is from a video game, but god DAMN, so impactful! You are so heavily emotionally invested in all these characters, even the ones who aren't there to the very end, I honestly can't even listen to the music track playing over the ending without shedding tears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4_sw0trdNc

I got chills...that...I don't even know what to say.

Mathim

Quote from: Lustful Bride on May 02, 2016, 04:06:04 PM
I got chills...that...I don't even know what to say.

You don't have to say anything, dear. I feel it too. Particularly when it transitions from that really urgent, loud orchestral part and it just abruptly stops and becomes an almost curious, child-like melody until it reaches a triumphant finish with church bells in the background and then tails off with that little ringing reminiscent of the beginning of the game. Masterful. So perfectly captures the storm of emotions you go through watching what happens.

RubySlippers

Supernatural when Chuck (God) engages in battle with his sister Amara, after a powerful coven of witches, all the angels, all the demons and Lucifer take turns ripping into her Chuck tries to reseal her to her cage and she ends up taking God out as he weakens diminishing and the End is nigh for real the Witch Rowena sees something in the distance and looks scares. I'm wondering what could that be?

Beorning

I've always found this scene moving:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaEPmOBngXg

Basically, it's about a young woman who has always heard from her family that she's stupid, finally making a stand and deciding to achieve her own goals.

Lady Shadow

I always cried at the end of "It's A Wonderful Life" when Harry Bailey comes in and raises his glass to his brother George and says "To my big brother George, the richest man in town" That scene always got to me and I cry every time. Even after all these years later (I have been watching "It's a Wonderful Life" every Christmas since I was a kid).

Also I have to agree with the reference that someone made about the first Pokémon movie. That scene at the end with MewTwo always moved me.
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

CaptainNexus616

After watching V for Vendetta recently I had several I wanted to put on here but I think this one takes the cake. 

https://youtu.be/8WZ0XSf23rs

V's speech about ideas rings so true. No matter what happens an idea can never truly be killed by mere weapons.

Lady Shadow

I have to say probably many scenes from Rogue One - A Star Wars Story

"Rebellion is hope"

"I am one with the Force, the Force is with me"
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: Lady Shadow on January 09, 2017, 06:33:14 PM
I have to say probably many scenes from Rogue One - A Star Wars Story

"Rebellion is hope"

"I am one with the Force, the Force is with me"

Oh what about when Rey and Kylo Ren were facing each other down after she grabbed the lightsaber and the classic force music was playing in the background. I got chills in the theatre.

HannibalBarca

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzr-tgTQA7Q

The end of Glory, when the Confederates pile the bodies of all the Union soldiers in the pit, and Denzel Washington's and Matthew Broderick's bodies end up together.  That gets me every time.
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Shekinah

I know it's kinda cheesy but these two scenes from Britain's got talent a few years ago had my crying my eyes out

And well the We are Groot scene from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?