The Curse of Millersborough -- Villagers Win!

Started by Remiel, January 10, 2018, 04:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imogen

I am switching my vote from MintPrincess to Blythe.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Blythe

A tiebreaker gives at least three distinct pieces of information about Ket: mayor vote, day 1 vote, tiebreaker vote. If Ket is alive on Day 2, Day 2 vote becomes a fourth piece of information.

The Hunter could probably make a decent deduction about Ket without wasting their scrying ability and could instead use it on someone less obvious.

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Lynnie: 3 (NightOwl, Rummy, Mintprincess)
Imogen: 3 (Trieste, SithLord, Madame Professor)
Mintprincess: 2 (Yugi, Lynnie)
Rummy Tum Tum: 2 (Ket, Scott)
Scott: 1 (Blythe)
Blythe: 1 (Imogen)

Approximately 13 hours left in the day phase!

Imogen

I am aware that what I am doing now is very risky but Blythe has earned my suspicion to a degree that I consider keeping silent riskier than giving the information.

He whispered me, claiming he was the Hunter and that he intended to scry Ket in the coming night.

He gave me a story about how he had told one other person his role, feared he made a mistake in telling them and that he was afraid it was going to get him killed during the night. He said he took a chance in telling me now so that IF the vampires got him in the coming night, the information he gave me would not be lost.

I considered it believable enough to work with it.

But with Blythe's current actions...

Why is he so hell bent on forcing a tie breaker when he already knows he is scrying?

He is not only adamant about the ties, but is doing that to a degree where he throws the person under the bus who he claims he needs to safeguard his information in case he dies?

Nope. Not buying it anymore.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Blythe

So I'm outed. Yeah, I'm the Hunter.  I've been trying to avoid revealing it in public, but yeah, I'm the Hunter. But given how my attempts to get info in private have been going this day phase, I'm probably toast anyways, so it's okay that it's been revealed.

I don't want to waste my scrying ability. If I can get enough info about Ket (I usually need at least 3 - 4 pieces of information before my gut gives me an idea if someone's on Team Vampire), then I don't want to waste my scrying ability on Ket. I could probably make a decent deduction without using it on Ket and instead use it on someone I know less about.

I even told Imogen I was only going to scry Ket if there was no tie. Why? Because a tiebreaker is a third piece of info, which would let me start getting an idea of Ket's style (Mayor vote, Day 1 vote, tiebreaker vote--though thread context is always helpful as an addition). Because it's only sensible for the Hunter to try to acquire literally as much information as possible so they don't waste their scrying ability. :/

So: in case I die--

I scryed Madame Professor the first night. She registered as NOT a vampire.

Mintprincess

OK. I really need to think.  Because the tie thing does make absolutely no sense to me.  And I don’t understand how that gives us information.  I don’t see how it gives more information than just letting people have voted the way they might have without all this tie-swapping and such.

So I am Thinking right now.   

Going to ask openly.  Please don’t kill me.  I am a citizen and I will help us win.

Imogen

I pulled my vote away from you already, Mint. That should put you in the safe box for now.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

yugi006

Quote from: Blythe on January 15, 2018, 09:52:45 PM

So: in case I die--

I scryed Madame Professor the first night. She registered as NOT a vampire.

The problem with this is this was first night. This only tells us she originally wasn't a vampire. If she was turned the first night then it would take one whole day before she would register as a vampire. Also she could be the minion.

Blythe

I'm aware of that problem--that would kind of be a problem no matter who I looked at on any night though, since we can't be sure if/when Dracula's power got used. But Dracula can only turn one person in a night and the chances of them turning who I scry that same night don't seem super high (though yeah, there's always a chance it can happen).

Look, for all assembled: It is, of course, your choice whether or not to put me up for the hangman's noose. I am not, however, guilty of being a vampire. I am guilty of borking up my strategy to get information so I could try to use my power more effectively early on, maybe, but not of being a vampire. I am the Hunter and I stand by my role claim.

Blythe

Also, since I'm not sure if I'll survive very long, more information:

The people I was trying to get a better gauge of, information-wise, to whom I revealed my role in private to see what they'd do were Imogen and Rummy Tum Tum. Rummy chose to keep my role a secret. Imogen chose to out me after deciding that a tiebreaker was not a good method to go and found it suspicious of me.

Imogen made no role claim. Her math, however, has been fairly solid, and while I'm admittedly suspicious of her since she outed my role, I'm not quite convinced she's on Team Vampire yet, even though she voted me up. I think we literally just have very different methodology when it comes to strategy. I'm more of a 'look at patterns, be very socially active, and trust my gut after looking at context' sort of perosn.

Rummy claimed to be an average citizen with no abilities.

I was in touch with Madame Professor simply because I scryed her and found her to register as NOT a vampire, so she seemed safe to contact. She made no role claim, though I don't blame her for not doing so.

Trieste cold-contacted me in PMs; I did not contact her first. (Granted, I think I misread at least one message of hers when she asked me a question so my bad. >_< ). She made no role claim.

Mintprincess PMed me after I made my public plea about the Constable. She made the same role claim in private as she did in-thread--average citizen.

Blythe

Ah, forgot--I was in contact with Ket, too. I found it really weird that people were going after the Mayor so quickly so I wanted to talk strategy with her, so I got in touch. Ket made no role claim during our talks.

Imogen

Blythe, maybe you are telling the truth. Maybe not. What matters to me is the fishy way you tried to get information from me, and your very shaky reasoning about the somehow getting information about Ket to a point where scrying might be redundant.

You said:
"I don't want to waste my scrying ability. If I can get enough info about Ket (I usually need at least 3 - 4 pieces of information before my gut gives me an idea if someone's on Team Vampire), then I don't want to waste my scrying ability on Ket. I could probably make a decent deduction without using it on Ket and instead use it on someone I know less about."

and

"Because a tiebreaker is a third piece of info, which would let me start getting an idea of Ket's style (Mayor vote, Day 1 vote, tiebreaker vote--though thread context is always helpful as an addition). Because it's only sensible for the Hunter to try to acquire literally as much information as possible so they don't waste their scrying ability."

To take a look at the 'pieces of information' you believe you get so much information of that IF you are the hunter, you totally don't need to scry:

1. Day 1: Mayor Vote

This is a completely blind vote for all who are not vampires. To consider this pertinent information this early days is not feasible.

2. Day 1: Ket's vote

I call b/s. We won't know what Ket's vote means as her choice is not one who is up for elimination. That means that her vote will not give us information for the coming night phase.

Worse, Blythe, is that you don't even seem all that interested in the information. You could have switched your vote to join Ket's and thus see what happened when she had to choose again, but instead you moved your vote to Scott, who isn't even close to being part of the tie. This means that also by your own actions we are not going to have the information you claim as relevant for a decision to scry or not on the coming night.This looks sounds fishy to me.

3. Tie breaker vote

Ket has a huge chance of being forced to pick a villager for elimination. On the small chance she picks a vampire, the same odds apply if Blythe had supported her choice for elimination without all the talk about ties. He failed to do so -twice-. Both initially, and then again when he claimed the tie breaker was oh so important. He is not adding to the tie breaker himself, he is voting -neutral- while he could assisted with the ties. This too implies that Blythe isn't all that interested in the tie breaking. Fishy for someone who cries that this tiebreaker is so important that they may decide to scry someone else based on it.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Mintprincess

Quote from: Blythe on January 14, 2018, 02:19:24 PM
If enough people don't want a tie, I can respect that. I am just seriously grasping at any way to acquire some sort information--it's so hard to early-game. I really hate doing things randomly if it can be avoided. :/

This makes me feel like I was not so random, since you were one of the first people to vote, and you ‘randomly’ picked me, who is ‘randomly’ known to be ‘randomly’ good at these games. I ‘randomly’ feel like that was a quick way to get voted on me for this tie and a quick way for me to die without being the vampire target again. 

‘Random’

Lynnie

Mint, since ypu are clearly safe from the chopping block. I won't bother to change my vote. But let me say if you all take me lut, you will have gained nothing. I am a villager and nothing more

Remiel

VOTING HAS CLOSED!

Final Votes:

Lynnie: 3 (NightOwl, Rummy, Mintprincess)
Imogen: 3 (Trieste, SithLord, Madame Professor)
Mintprincess: 2 (Yugi, Lynnie)
Rummy Tum Tum: 2 (Ket, Scott)
Scott: 1 (Blythe)
Blythe: 1 (Imogen)

KET, as the democratically elected mayor, you must decide who will be staked for the good of the village.  Will it be Lynnie or Imogen?

Ket

Honestly, I think both Lynnie and Imogen are innocent, so this tiebreaker sucks horribly. I could be wrong, and it is possible one of them is playing a good game.

I've gone through 15 random choices using a decider tool. Lynnie's name came up 8 times, while Imogen's came up 7. I don't like doing it this way, but it's the only way I can keep it totally impartial.

My vote is for Lynnie. I am so very, very sorry.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Remiel

LYNNIE, you have been accused of being a vampire and found guilty by a jury of your peers.  You will be staked to death and your head will be cut off, as is tradition.

Do you have any last words?

Lynnie

My final words for you all is I hope your sleep tonight is troubled, for all you have done is kill a villager.

Remiel

And with that, the sentence was carried out.  After the deed was done, Lynnie's home was thoroughly searched; but alas, just as she said, there was nothing to indicate that she was anything more than a brave and loyal Citizen of Millersborough.

Somber, the villagers returned home, bracing themselves for restless night.

Remiel

The sun dawns over the somber town, and it doesn't take long before everyone realizes that something is terribly amiss.  Two of their number are missing.

A party is sent to search for them, and returns with grim news.  First, Imogen is discovered dead in her home.  The fact that her head has been severed from her body seems to indicate that an overzealous villager could not wait for the law to take its course and decided to take justice into his--or her--own hands.  Unfortunately, there is absolutely no evidence of any sort to indicate that Imogen was anything but a brave and loyal Citizen.  The Zealot, it seemed, had chosen incorrectly.

Secondly, Scott is discovered in bed, stiff and pale as the grave, with two small holes at the base of his neck, and completely drained of blood.  The Vampires, it seemed, had found their first victim: like Imogen, a completely ordinary Citizen.

The news of the loss of two of their own came as a blow indeed, but the righteous villagers could not afford to let it demoralize them.  There were still vampires about who needed to be stopped!

Blythe

I pretty much expect to be voted up at this juncture; I don't blame anyone if they do.

I didn't scan Ket because honestly, I felt like there was reasonable info already known and I wanted to scan someone else. So I scanned Imogen.

Which was a waste of my ability since the Zealot killed Imogen. >_<

Anyways, voting for Ket.

Mintprincess

UGH.  I thought it wasn’t kinda obvious that Imogen was a citizen at this point...  her neck was stuck way too far out.  Why Ket, Blythe.  That was very very fast.   

Blythe

From my perspective as a Hunter, outing me in-thread and ensuring the vampires know my role didn't exactly seem like an innocent citizen move. <_<

But I'm already pretty aware that my initial strategy as Hunter was so far off base that I've borked things beyond repair. So if I'm voted up, I get it. >_<

Rummy Tum Tum

After a long first day, it's kind of fitting three people died. Too bad they were all villagers though.

Ket

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on January 17, 2018, 04:17:30 PM
After a long first day, it's kind of fitting three people died. Too bad they were all villagers though.

How is it fitting? It's absolutely freaking devastating! Our numbers have dropped by three, and it's more likely than not that the vampires turned someone the first night. Which means there are now 6 villagers to 3 vampires. Those are not good odds!

Really, Blythe? I'm super innocent one day, but the next you're ready to kill me? I'm not the one who outed you. Sadly, no...innocent Imogen is dead. I fully believed both Imogen and Lynnie were mere citizens, yet I still had to make a supremely crappy decision to kill one or the other. Then the zealot goes and kills Imogen overnight? For what damn reason? She seriously stuck her neck out trying to figure out how to save us innocents.

I don't think you're the hunter, Bly. You're campaigning entirely too hard to lose your head. No one matters to you but you. Not us villagers, whose numbers are rapidly dwindling, and not those darn vampires who are sharpening their fangs as we speak!

I was forced into making a poor choice. The zealot chose to make a poor choice. But yet there are two people who aren't speaking up very much, aren't trying to save their own skins. Two people who aren't offering any information that could help save us. NightOwl and Trieste are awfully quiet.

I'm going with my gut again and voting for NightOwl, and I'm not changing my vote this time.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.