The Christchurch Earthquake

Started by ColdBloodedJellyDoughnut, February 27, 2011, 05:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColdBloodedJellyDoughnut

If you don't know me, Hi, I'm Jelly.
As you can see from the bar beside this post, I am currently living in Christchurch New Zealand. I'm pretty disappointed that no one else has started a topic about this event, so I will.

I am extremely lucky to be staying in a good, undamaged area where we still have power, water and sewage, but so many were not as fortunate as me. Over a hundred people are dead, and that number is steadily rising. Tens of thousands of homes do not have power, telephone, sewage, running water etc. They're living in streets and homes covered in liquefaction. And so many families, here and abroad are wondering about the fates of loved ones, as the numbers of missing increase.

I want to give my thanks that my family and friends are safe, and acknowledge the work of those from all over the world working to recover and hopefully (but not likely) rescue those from the rubble in the Christchurch Central Business Distric, and around the suburbs.

If you want to find out more, just type Christchurch Earthquake into google or go to tvnz.co.nz/news
“I didn’t want to kiss you goodbye — that was the trouble — I wanted to kiss you goodnight. And there’s a lot of difference.”
Ernest Hemingway
O/Os**A/As

Beguile's Mistress

itsbeenfun2000

jelly our hopes and prayers go out to you and your people