Magnetic Questionaire

Started by magnetic, April 26, 2024, 03:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnetic

Required Questions:
These questions must be answered to start your application

1.    Tell us how you found us, please? A link from another site, another member, a search engine phrase, etcetera.

CloudyToxin

2.    Confirmation that you understand our rules. You are responsible for bringing up any questions if you do not understand our rules, so please note any on which you need clarification here.

I understand the rules~

3.    A confirmation that you are over eighteen (18) years of age. You don't need to give your birth date, however we do need a clear statement that you are of age.

This is a confirmation that I am over the age of eighteen.

4.    Your native language(s) and what region you are from. List your primary language first and include all others in order of fluency. Elliquiy is an English speaking community but it is also a global one.  We welcome members from all over the world, and we love to know where our members hail from.

My native language is Spanish, although over the years I have lost a lot of it and English is now the primary language I speak. I'm from America but living somewhere in Asia at the moment

5.    What are your reasons for joining Elliquiy, and what aspects of our community are you interested in? What do you look for in an on-line community in general, and a role-playing community specifically? Please be descriptive. Elliquiy isn’t just an adult roleplaying site: we have forums for storytelling, poetry, and art; places to socialize with other members; areas to discuss politics and religion; and so much more! You can check out our Preview of Elliquiy to get an idea of what you’ll see as an approved member.

I am looking for a distraction from the lonely nights I sometimes have. Since my friend told about the variety Elliquiy offers, I thought I'd give it a try.

6.    Are you new to roleplaying? If so, would you like someone to help you get more involved? If not, please tell us a little about your past experiences. Regardless of your experience what are your expectations from a roleplay partner?

I am very new to roleplaying. I feel like a puppy in a big city, is there like a beginners guide or something? While I don't want to feel like this is a chore, I would like to get a bit more involved in this community and see what kind of people I can meet :)

Regarding a future partner, I hope that they would be patient, explain things, and not make me do things I don't want to simply since I'm not aware of how things should go just yet. 

7.    Elliquiy consists of a wide array of sexualities, personalities and enthusiasts of various kinks. How comfortable are you interacting in such a community?

I'm pretty open to everything and am happy to interact in a community that has allowed people to be themselves!

8.    How do you feel about males writing as female characters or females writing as male characters? Please elaborate: do you do this yourself? Would you write with someone who is doing this? If you are transgender or intersex, feel free to adapt this question appropriately.

I wouldn't mind writing as the opposite gender, same if my partner did it. I have never done it before though so that's where I ask for patience from others....

9.    Let us know about your pet peeves or other things that bother you. Fetishes you do not like, styles you cannot appreciate and attitudes that annoy you are all valid answers here.

I'm okay with most things, if something does come up that I don't like then I usualy let that person know at that moment. Communication is the most important thing. I just ask for kindness, even if you may not like how I write or me, you can tell me that but tell me kindly... thanks ^^ 

Optional Questions:
As our application process is a chance for us to get to know you better, we've left a few optional questions to get you started.  A member of our Welcoming team will be along soon to continue the process. If you do choose to answer these at a later date, you will need to reply to your introduction thread with a new post, as unapproved applicants cannot edit posts.

A.    Would you like to disclose your gender identity? We do not require our members to reveal their real gender. However, doing so determines your User Group, Badge, and some OOC Boards on Elliquiy. General membership will be processed as Legate - approved members who do not wish to disclose their gender identity, or feel gender is irrelevant. Approved members who have chosen to reveal their gender as a response to this question will be assigned: Lady (for those who identify as female), Liege (A supportive group for individuals who are intersex, do not identify with one singular gender, or who are transitioning), or Lord (for those who identify as male). A full explanation of Elliquiy’s User Group and Badge system can be found here.

I was born as a woman and identify as a woman.

B.    What are some hobbies or activities you particularly enjoy? This can be anything you enjoy in your free time. For example: videogames, sports, cooking, crafts, traveling, reading, etcetera. As a large and diverse community, we often have social areas where our members can talk about their favorite things. Let us know what you like so we can better help you find boards, threads, or discussions that might interest you!

These days, I'm either playing video games, watching a movie, or at the gym.

C.    What would you do if a writing partner suddenly, and without prior discussion, included one of your major offs in your roleplay?

Tell them immediately.

D.    Please describe your writing style and preferences. Information such as preferred genre, writing perspective (first, second, or third person perspective), setting, and post length are great answers.

I'm not too sure yet. Since all of this is very new to me, I think I will figure it out as I go. I would like to experiment with things and see what I like and makes me feel comfortable. :)

CloudyToxin

Magnetic hi!! I'm glad you signed up :) I think you'll really like the people here, and I think roleplaying will come pretty naturally to you, pretty soon. There should be some confirmation soon clarifying how long the approval process might take, etc. In the mean time I might as well kick the questions off!

If you had to survive on a desert island and could only bring one outfit and one extra item, what would you bring?
Feel free to check out my Roleplay Requests and Ons and Offs while I check out yours ;)

Unholy

Hi magnetic!! Welcome to the site, and I'm sure one of our Oracle-modly people will be around to say hi to you soon with a much better welcome than mine! I saw you said you're new to RP--people here are really nice so I'm sure you'll have a good experience here. I saw you like videogames, so I wanted to ask you about those!

What are your top three videogames, and why are those your top three? :D

Best of luck to ya during the approval process!

Chasing Dreams

Welcome to E,  magnetic!

We’re so happy to have you here and can’t wait to get to know you better. During the approval process we have a bunch of things to participate in and occupy, should you choose and you can find those as well as other helpful information here. Just make sure you come back to this thread regularly to see what our lovely staff and approved members leave for you by way of greetings, questions, and so on. Just to let you know, the approval process usually takes a minimum of 24 hours up to a week depending on various factors faced by the approvals team, who are real people with real lives and real issues. It's never 100% guaranteed. Your understanding and patience is appreciated.

Please remember that before approval all posts and interactions must be kept PG-13.

So, with that under our belt, it’s very nice to meet you and I’d like to leave you with a question to get us started!

What do you feel is your best trait as a writer? On the other hand, what do you feel is your worst trait as a writer?

Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

magnetic

Quote from: CloudyToxin on April 27, 2024, 12:16:49 AMMagnetic hi!! I'm glad you signed up :) I think you'll really like the people here, and I think roleplaying will come pretty naturally to you, pretty soon. There should be some confirmation soon clarifying how long the approval process might take, etc. In the mean time I might as well kick the questions off!

If you had to survive on a desert island and could only bring one outfit and one extra item, what would you bring?
Thanks for being my first question, CloudyToxin~ 
You really know how to bring me comfort and reassurance <3 
Now, to answer your question:

The second part seems to be the easiest to answer. I think I would bring a type of filter that would clean the ocean water and make it potable? without needing any extra effort or time since I would be focused on other things. I've watched survivor shows where the people have to boil the water but even then it might still not be safe for human consumption, it seems like a lot of work. 

I thought long and hard about what would be the most practical outfit to have on an island? I ultimately came to the conclusion that something athletic would be good but I just couldn't accept that answer...Because it's an island, there's going to be an abundance of bugs and since I am so squeamishly scared of anything small and fast, I was thinking about choosing a big tent or even some really good repellent? But then realized how much of waste that probably would have been....So, for my outfit, I think I would wear a super thick tracksuit of sort that bugs can't get through. Maybe.

magnetic

Quote from: Unholy on April 27, 2024, 12:33:40 AMHi magnetic!! Welcome to the site, and I'm sure one of our Oracle-modly people will be around to say hi to you soon with a much better welcome than mine! I saw you said you're new to RP--people here are really nice so I'm sure you'll have a good experience here. I saw you like videogames, so I wanted to ask you about those!

What are your top three videogames, and why are those your top three? :D

Best of luck to ya during the approval process!
Hi Unholy!! Nice to meet you and thank you for your question/response :) I hope I can settle in well and chat with you sometime~

My top 3 videogames would have to be:

• Call of Duty Black Ops 2
  • Valorant
  • Minecraft

These are in no particular order and each have a specific reason as to why I chose them. I know you asked for my top 3, which probably means the best 3 I have ever played but I thought I would give you something a bit different, hope that's okay~ 

I'll start by explaining why Valorant is on the list. This game probably sees me more than my irl friends do at this point, with the battlepass ending soon, I've been grinding competitive trying to rank up but to no avail...but that's alright! I started this game back in November last year but didn't take it seriously until about January. Like with everything, I just have to be patient and I'll get better as I go. I've made many friends along the way and have a lot of fun when I play so that's why it's on my list but if you would have asked me this about 1 year ago? I would have answered a different game.

Next, I'll talk about the classic Minecraft. This is such a mind soothing game for me. From the BGM to the never changing graphics to the optional simplicity concept of the game. Everything about it has been such a memory for me. Coming home from school and booting up my Xbox360 to try the new block game with a creative mode for endless ideas or a survival mode with different type of silly looking monsters. It just all blew my little 10 year old mind up. And even now, when I say Minecraft is a classic, it is a classic. To this day, it still has not died and I still play it every now and then when I need to just take a break from things. It's a breath of fresh air.

Lastly, Black Ops 2. Which honestly, depending on your age and type of games you like, you might get it or you might not. But if not, then that's why I'll explain it! To me, this game means many things. It opened the doors to FPS. From as young as I was, when my Dad asked me if I wanted to play zombies with him....that changed the trajectory of my life, I swear. Yes, it was scary to me. Yes, I did have nightmares especially when I played Tranzit. But it was so fun, and is still fun. When they announced that Xbox360 games would be compatible with Xbox one, I had never gone so fast to go buy Bo2. That's the only reason I still have my Xbox, if not I would have just gotten rid of it since I have a ps5 and PC now. Anyways, this game was everything to me; even the multiplayer maps were iconic. So yeah! Those are my current top 3 videogames :) 

magnetic

Quote from: Chasing Dreams on April 28, 2024, 01:35:43 AMWelcome to E,  magnetic!

We’re so happy to have you here and can’t wait to get to know you better. During the approval process we have a bunch of things to participate in and occupy, should you choose and you can find those as well as other helpful information here. Just make sure you come back to this thread regularly to see what our lovely staff and approved members leave for you by way of greetings, questions, and so on. Just to let you know, the approval process usually takes a minimum of 24 hours up to a week depending on various factors faced by the approvals team, who are real people with real lives and real issues. It's never 100% guaranteed. Your understanding and patience is appreciated.

Please remember that before approval all posts and interactions must be kept PG-13.

So, with that under our belt, it’s very nice to meet you and I’d like to leave you with a question to get us started!

What do you feel is your best trait as a writer? On the other hand, what do you feel is your worst trait as a writer?

Hi Chasing Dreams~
Thank you for your response and question!
I completely understand about the approval process and will keep checking my thread, hope I can answer some more questions from the community while I wait :)

I feel like my best trait as a writer would have to be my attention to detail. This can be a bit of a nuisance sometimes though since I can get so caught up on describing one scene/situation that I will lose time or focus on everything else I should be doing then end up frustrated with the whole thing... I just become really invested and want to make sure I am conveying my vision properly. This holds me back a lot and tend to stay away from writing as much as I would like because I am so critical of my own self. 

Which leads me to my worst trait as a writer, my own self critique. I am so harsh on myself. Though, I do believe that it's every writer feels the same way but even with knowing that it's quite hard to accept it. Especially as an overthinker. I will find myself deciding on one thing then coming back to edit it and then just deleting the whole thing which will sometimes push me back a bit longer or I'll end up with it being worse than I thought it was at the beginning! It's a struggle and I'm trying to stop myself when I start to criticize myself when it's not necessarily needed, for example, now. It's a hassle but with every good there's bad and with every bad there's good. 

It was nice to meet you ^^

CloudyToxin

Quote from: magnetic on April 28, 2024, 06:12:06 AMThanks for being my first question, CloudyToxin~
You really know how to bring me comfort and reassurance <3
Now, to answer your question:

The second part seems to be the easiest to answer. I think I would bring a type of filter that would clean the ocean water and make it potable? without needing any extra effort or time since I would be focused on other things. I've watched survivor shows where the people have to boil the water but even then it might still not be safe for human consumption, it seems like a lot of work.

I thought long and hard about what would be the most practical outfit to have on an island? I ultimately came to the conclusion that something athletic would be good but I just couldn't accept that answer...Because it's an island, there's going to be an abundance of bugs and since I am so squeamishly scared of anything small and fast, I was thinking about choosing a big tent or even some really good repellent? But then realized how much of waste that probably would have been....So, for my outfit, I think I would wear a super thick tracksuit of sort that bugs can't get through. Maybe.
Excellent answer, just filter the ocean to drink! Maybe you can use it to keep a little garden watered too, hehe. This desert island could become quite the resort by the time you're finished with it!

QuoteWhich leads me to my worst trait as a writer, my own self critique. I am so harsh on myself.

I think a lot of people feel this way. That's one thing I love about roleplay - I find I am a lot less self-critical once I am a few posts into a roleplay, it just becomes a game between two people, rather than a big public performance. Like singing in the shower instead of singing on a big stage :D
Feel free to check out my Roleplay Requests and Ons and Offs while I check out yours ;)

RedPhoenix

Just wanted to say welcome and hope you have fun here! =)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Merry Gentry

Hi  Magnetic welcome to E! Glad you're here checking things out  ;) 
“And I’d give up forever to touch you, cause I know that you feel me somehow. You’re the closest to heaven that I’ll ever be and I don’t wanna go home right now.”