News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Vampire the Requiem: Solo or Small Group

Started by RubySlippers, August 21, 2008, 06:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

I'm still interested in a game just something intimate in size that can work here. It could be a solo game or a small group in a small city that could keep the vampires working together or maybe all in the same boat such as Unaligned in a large city so they kind of again have to have some ties to survive even if they are doing there own thing other than such marginal ties. We had a nice game going on just it kind of fell apart mostly as I can tell no one had to work with anyone else and that is a situation that may not work here with the normal number of players that can be expected.

I would like something strict to the rules for character generation however and sticks to the core books only.

sleepingferret

Requiem isn't among my favorites.... but I could use a good Vampire game so count me in.

Transgirlenstein

Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

RubySlippers

Well we need a storyteller, I tend to like the Daeva myself, but I'm not interested in running a game.

The Great Triangle

mmm... Gangrel...

*drools*

It's kind of hard to put together an online V:tR game without it being a backbreaking load for the storyteller.  I just couldn't manage it.  A collabarative game with a common theme might work a bit better, but if you're playing starting characters only, you'll need an unusual chronicle or an ST willing to dedicate a staggering amount of time to keeping the game running.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

ZK

Core book as in the The World of Darkness and Vampire: The Requiem books only?
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

RubySlippers

Those are all I have pretty much so that is my interest, as for the Golden Triangle it doesn't have to be a BIG city something like Madison Wisconsin with the large university and a population of around 250,000 could support only at most five or six vampires. One NPC elder and several young vampires weak enough to not be an overt threat could work and keep the group small enough not to need massive gamemastering. Most of the action would be player based with an Elder or two for NPC oversight.

The Great Triangle

I might be interested in running a bottle chronicle based around a group of vampires on a cruise ship or a vampire pirate crew.  I would be rather tempted to use the clanless rules though.  (since the lack of available sires makes vampire clans somewhat impractical)

The main trouble with clanless is whether to use random or alacarte clan creation.  Random is pretty easy, but it runs the risk of having a character much more powerful than the other characters.  Meanwhile, creating ones own clan aspects would add complexity, but it would allow a great deal of customization. 

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

There are no clanless even Caitiff in those rules are part of a clan, Unaligned are just that Unaligned they general balk at the rules of Prince and the vaste laws of the undead but are not insane many will still support the First Tradition at least. If its a pirate crew Baal's Brood makes sense I can see a cabal of those sick bastards raping and slaughtering on the high seas in a modern or non-modern setting but then humanity loss is a huge problem.

And again there is the problem the vampires have to work together, get suitable amounts of food and a power base a ship is hardly practical unless there were very few vampires.

A small town might be easier where there can only be a small number of vampires and an Elder or two might like a few younger vampires to support them.

The Great Triangle

A big cruise ship can work pretty well for four or five vampires.  (that's why it's a bottle chronicle) since there's always people coming on and off the ship and getting sick.  To make things better, people often spend large portions of cruises drunk, making them easy prey.  If a vampire can hollow out a few spaces on the ship, it's a pretty good environment.

One motivation I would have to use clanless rules in a bottle chronicle is so that unique disciplines like Thebian Sorcery have a chance to be featured without the need for an accompanying covenant. 

As for piracy, I figure even a group of unaligned vampires could make a pretty good nomadic party on the high seas.  They could always sometimes portray themselves as a "pleasure boat" of marooned partiers, using majesty to get aboard and take some blood (and possibly supplies and fuel) Daeva style. 

Another possible chronicle is to have a group of unaligned vampires who own a plane and provide rapid transport whenever it's needed.

Ons and Offs

Iofiel

WyzardWhately

This looks pretty interesting.  I'd have to dig my Requiem book out, but I am interested.  I think I prefer small city or cruise ship to the piracy ideas, though.  Vampires don't make good nomads.  Very territorial, they are.  The cruise ship thing can work because the biggest ones are almost like a city themselves.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/