Fantasy Battle Royale/Intrigue/Romance

Started by SueshiRoll, December 16, 2018, 10:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SueshiRoll

Hello everyone! I'm new (if that wasn't obvious lol) and I have had a large hankering for roleplaying as of late.
I actually have an idea running around in my head and I just wanted to see if others would be interested in it as well. And depending on how many people are indeed interested, I may alter the number of roles provided.

Welcome to the world of Animus. Here, a total of 6 (or more) kingdoms rule separately. Magic is present and the technology is medieval at best. But most importantly, the kingdoms all have a deity that they worship and hail from. If they possess the blood of their deity, they will even show physical signs of them. But that's not the strange part. The strange part is that the ones that they worship all have the image of an animal. For instance, one kingdom is ruled over by the Wolf while another is overseen by the Fox. The most common traits that the kingdom's subjects possess are tails and/or ears of their worshiped animal. This is no different for the royal families.
However, the ruling and peace of Animus is not so easily earned. Every other generation of royals is expected to make their contributions to this in order to keep things in Animus the way that they are. In this tradition, the Ancients (the first of the royal bloodline) are awakened by the blood of the first son and the first daughter in the family but only once they reach full adulthood. Once the Ancients are awakened, a battle of strength, wit, and charm are laid out before all of the royals. The competing royals from each kingdom, friends or foes prior meaning nothing, are made to fight in teams and those the Ancients deem worthy will make their houses the Supreme. And the Supremes have the final say over Animus until the next time the Ancients are awakened.
Will alliances be made? Will the royals find love amidst their strife? And most importantly, will they all make it out alive?

This may carry over into the Adult roleplays once I'm approved (especially if people are interested in doing that), but there's no guarantee for that. Other details concerning the world, lore, etc. will be posted if people are intrigued enough.

Let me know if you are interested by telling me what animal you'd like to be added as a kingdom option. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to shoot them my way.  :-)

Meade

I would be interested in learning more. I'm currently going through the application process and hoping to be accepted. An animal I would like to see is the badger because it's an incredible creature that is often overlooked.

SueshiRoll

Quote from: Meade on January 02, 2019, 06:20:01 PM
I would be interested in learning more. I'm currently going through the application process and hoping to be accepted. An animal I would like to see is the badger because it's an incredible creature that is often overlooked.
Thank you for your interest! I actually have some things in the works when it comes to background information and the like in the World Building thread. Once you're approved, let me know and we can start plotting something. ;D

Meade

Quote from: SueshiRoll on January 03, 2019, 06:30:02 PM
Thank you for your interest! I actually have some things in the works when it comes to background information and the like in the World Building thread. Once you're approved, let me know and we can start plotting something. ;D
Awesome sauce! I'm super excited for this!

AntheiaS

Legendary Dragon Emperor

Is dragons allowed? If so, my main oc is a emperor and a deity. He is also known as the ancient one, a colossal dragon that has lived over trillion years. There's more to explain.

Panicbroadcast13

Hi! This is something that I would be highly interested in. Are you still recruiting?
It is easier to find men willing to die, than it is to find those willing to endure pain with patience.