Final Fantasy: A New Awakening (Looking for a 2nd Team)

Started by Irishfire87, September 18, 2013, 12:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irishfire87

Final Fantasy:  A New Awakening is a Plot-Driven RP involving either characters from the games or custom characters.  Also, feel free to use side characters from the games like Gippal, Lebreau or Reno as examples.

Magic:  In this game each character uses magic as they did from their original game and custom characters can choose to use one type of magic from any of the Final Fantasy games.

Teams:  We are sticking to 3 member teams.  If you wish to, you may create a team or choose to join a team that is on the list below this information.  This is important as the person who creates the team will be the leader of it.

Starting:  The plot will be revealed once teams post of meeting each other and forming the team.  Keep in mind though that your characters will be being actively hunted by soldiers that carry a variety of weapons though fighting mainly with basic swords and guns.  (feel free to rp as being attacked by them and defeating them.)

Topics:  Each team will have their own topic though they can cross into another teams topic if desired.

Plot:  While the main plot will not be posted until It is actually happening here is some helpful information.  Every character in this topic has just awoken into this new world after having fell asleep, been knocked out, passed out etc.  While unconscious they have somehow been magically brought to this world to save it from an impending disaster being brought about by its government's forces.

Positions:  Anyone who wants to help me come up with additional plot ideas (Keep in mind I haven't even gotten started mentioning my own here.)  should PM me after posting their character sheet.  I am looking for another GM/Admin and potentially a couple of Mods for this.

Summons and Weapon/Magic Items:  These are only found/Achieved after accomplishing a Mission listed in the OOC Topic's opening post so keep an eye open for them as they will come and go once the game starts.

Character App:  Please note these can be vague as I'm not to concerned about the History of the character.  I do however hope that anyone who chooses a game character sticks to that character's personality and that anyone who is not familiar with any of the games just makes a custom character.

Name:  Your Character's Name
Height:  Their Height
Preference:  Their Sexuality

Weapon Specialty:  The weapon type that they are most comfortable using.  They all came here with 1 weapon and this is the one.
Secondary Weapon:  A second type of weapon that your character could be good with if you got it.

History:  For Custom characters this is your history.  For Game characters this should be what has happened in the year or two after the the final events of the game that they were in.

Faceclaim:  Only needed for Custom characters.  Who is the character and what anime are they from this way people can look at the list and not choose the same picture.

Image:  An image of your character.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name:  Paine
Height: 5'6"
Preference:  Bi-Curious

Weapon Specialty:  One handed swords
Secondary Weapon of Choice:  Pistols

History:  After having finished her adventures with Yuna and Rikku, Paine had continued wandering around the world in sense of a true purpose.  She had not found much however every now and then she would visit Yuna, Rikku, Nooj, Baralai or Gippal.  During her time of traveling she has remained as cynical and sarcastic as ever.  Recently she had come to rest in a quiet seaside village after a particularly long stretch of travel.  That night she fell asleep as she would any night but she had an odd dream of a world different from her own.

As she awakens she realizes that maybe it wasn't a dream.  She is in a field and has no clue where she is.  The only things she has with her are her clothes and her sword.

Faceclaim:  (Only applicable for custom characters)

Faceclaim List:

Paine

Team List:

Team 1:  1. Paine - 2. Terra - 3. Open

BlackestKnight

I'm interested, I'll get to work on something right away.

Chaeronea

Irishfire87

I can post at least twice a day and am hoping for people in my group to post at least once every day or two.

Angie

Can I be Terra? I love Terra-gives more of a reason for soldiers to attack. "Get her! She took down an entire battalion of our troops without lifting a finger!" (Which is pretty much what happened in 6...)
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Irishfire87

Angie

Name:  Terra Branford
Height:  5'3"
Preference:  Bi-curious

Weapon Specialty:  One-handed blades (can use daggers and swords)
Secondary Weapon: Staves/Rods

History:  After the events of Kefka's defeat and the 'destruction' of magic, two things happened. The Terra in that world lost her Esper form and stayed human, returning to take care of the children that she saved before. Secondly, the Esper form of Terra came to this new world-and in minutes managed to blow up about half a battalion of troops due to her Esper form running wild. Her Esper form used an insane amount of power to recreate her human body to prevent this from happening a second time unless Terra decided to use it. She quickly grabbed a sword from a fallen soldier, then ran off, trying to hide from the soldiers that wanted to take revenge on her.

Faceclaim:  N/A

Irishfire87

Angie

Depends on if I want to play Terra as the shrinking violet she was in the beginning (her Esper form ended up making a copy of her old form) or the magic knight badass at the end.

For now, let's assume she's joining Paine-the two meet and hey, we work together for a while. Maybe branch out and form a team later if a lot of people join in.

Irishfire87

Sounds good.  If we get one more person we can make the first topic.

zenpai

I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Irishfire87

It's still open.  We just need people to fill out apps.

Angie

BlackestKnight

Name: Zamza the Desert Sword
Height:  6'0"
Class: Ninja/Mercenary/Royal
Preference:  Straight

Weapon Specialty: Ninja blades
Secondary Weapon: Lances

History: A former prince of the Gessiah Dynasty of the Naj Kingdom which has been destroyed 10 years before the start of the game. He has animosity towards the Divine Church as they were the ones who destroyed the Kingdom and overthrown the rule of the Monarchy in lieu of a theocracy.

Faceclaim: Harid, Romancing Saga.

Image:

Irishfire87

Welcome to the RP.  Do you want to be in the First Team or make one of your own?

zenpai

I'm going with a custom red mage (blood mage).

Name:  Kenji Sands
Height:  5'11
Preference: hereto

Weapon Specialty: Tome of Blood (red magic)
Secondary Weapon: one handed axe

History:  Born to a family of rouge mages. Kenji's father was a black mage who fell for a red mage. One night Kenji family was attacked by a group of raiders. During the raid he was hit over the head and knocked out. Kenji was shocked when he woke in a new world with new people. The most odd thing was that he understood them the thing they said and wrote. Kenji was told about some off the wall legend that said he would come there.       

Faceclaim:  Caim from Drakengaurd

Image:
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Irishfire87 on September 18, 2013, 10:00:18 PM
Welcome to the RP.  Do you want to be in the First Team or make one of your own?

First party please

Angie

Hmm, we've got 4 here. Maybe now we can split parties up, or stick with the original plan of me being with Paine.

Irishfire87

Yeah.  I guess the only thing keeping us from starting is their opinion on that unless Zenpai doesn't mind starting off a new team.

zenpai

Irishfire87

You don't really have to back out though.  It was intended to try and get 3 teams or so, though if you would rather back out than it's not really a problem.

Irishfire87

I guess the first team will be Paine, Terra and Zamza for now.

I'll go make the topic and then come back here and post the link for the OOC and the actual Team topic.

zenpai

Angie