Interest Check: Final Fantasy Themed RP?

Started by Wolfy, April 06, 2012, 05:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Would anyone be interested in a Final Fantasy-Esque RP?

I.E., a Group of people come together to fight off an encroaching evil? Some are friends, some are rivals, some are total strangers until now, but they all come together to save the world?

A world of magic AND technology...and the war that strikes because of it. There are those that support machines, because they can not perform magic/are inept at such things, and those that prefer magic, simply because making something levitate or light on fire is easier than making a machine for it.

Then there is another faction...a faction that uses "magitek", which is a combination of machines and magic, a balance between the two, a neutral third party between the world, and one that is not accepted by either.

o3o This can be set really in our own fictional realm..I just brought up Final Fantasy because I wanted to be a Blue Mage, which is a character class normally associated with Final Fantasy..xD

summoner2183

AndyZ

It may interest you to know that there's a Final Fantasy Role-Playing Game already out, now in its third edition.  Also, it's free.

http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/15/15262.phtml has some info.  Yes, it has blue mages.

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Platinum

It looks interesting. Kinda reminds me a little of Final fantasy 10, or at lest. Thats what came to mind when reading it lol.
What is this, I don't even...

Annie

Hmm, I have a char made for that system... althought I never played with her or with that system. Maybe I can join this one, if we get enough people.

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

JDrew Spider

Kinda reminds me of Dead Fantasy ( A cross of D.O. A and Final Fantasy)...now that would be cool. Interest here.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Erato

I have never played Final Fantasy but I would like to join an adventuring group in a high fantasy world. I can familiarize myself with any literature/info. you think necessary.
In the game of chess the Queen protects the King.

Toggle

SeriousMoonlight

Oh, I would definitely be interested in this!
Hello, I'm Moon!
My preferred pronouns are they/them/their/theirs/themself! Thank you!
ONs and OFFs + Request Thread

kckolbe

I helped playtest the FF D6 system, but never played the Returners version.  I would definitely be interested though.  As far as technology goes, were you thinking lower end steam-punkish (FF6) or more along FF8 lines? 
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

AndyZ

If it's an option, I'd probably go for magitech with a gunblade.

I would recommend, if there's going to be combat and freeform, that everyone is on the same side.  In my experience, PvP in Freeform gets iffy fast.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Annie

I vote for a more modern magic-based tech too (FF8).

The char I had made was for that setting. I even chose a picture for her appearance. It's a pity that I have never used her. ;/

Anyway, we didn't have any response from Wolfy. I wonder if he stills wants to run this game.

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton