🅹🆄🆂🆃🅸🅲🅴 🅻🅴🅰🅶🆄🅴 🅱🅴🆈🅾🅽🅳 ( Cyberpunk, Recruiting. 3/7 slots filled)

Started by JackTheTipper, February 22, 2024, 04:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackTheTipper

Quote from: Deathnote on March 05, 2024, 09:31:54 PMIs there any chance I could play a completely new Green Lantern or does he have to have been established for a while in order to be a part of the core 7?
A new green lantern is fine.

Deathnote

Alias: Green Lantern
Alter Ego: Howard "Howie" Groote
Affiliation: Leaguer
Sex: Male
Appearance: Standing at around 5'11" with black hair and dark brown eyes, Howie's almost always seen with his VR glasses on.  He normally wears casual clothes, preferring comfort over anything too business-like.

Origin Story: Howie was the nerdy, unpopular kid back in high school who used to be obsessed with becoming popular.  He's still drawn to the lime-light, but after finally hitting his growth spurt and graduating from high school, he put all of that behind him.  He decided to start working on himself and finding himself in college.

After graduating from college with a Computer Graphics degree, he accepted a job at a major company as a virtual reality game-designer.  While working there, he accidentally came across evidence that the tech being developed at this company was being used to commit a large variety of crimes.  He mustered the courage to become a whistle-blower, which unfortunately put a target on his back.  He was also essentially black-listed in the industry for this.  While initially discouraged, he pressed on and became an indie game-developer instead.

After the death of one of Sector 2814's Green Lanterns, the ring flew off in search of a new bearer.  The person that the ring had chosen was Howie Groote.  Howie recognized the Green Lantern ring, thanks to the Justice League's publicity and popularity, but has no idea why he was chosen to wield it.

Potential storyline(s):
- New Green Lantern Recruit - Howie just got his Green Lantern ring and is still learning how to use it.
- Hamilton Hill High - He was friends with Terry back in high school

Powers & Abilities: His Green Lantern Ring grants him a variety of abilities powered by willpower.  These abilities include the power to create green solid-light constructs, near-invulnerability, and flight.

Ons & Offs: Howie can be quite shallow as any woman with a pretty face would be enough to catch his attention, though he does seem to have a thing for red-heads.
Played By: Deathnote

JackTheTipper

Honestly. We only need a wonder woman to kick things off. A flash and aquaman would be nice but not having them isn't a dealbreaker.

KnowThySire

There can only be one king.

TheVillain

Following this and have something in mind, but would love to see some more female characters before committing.

Rough Idea Sketch - “Artiface”

Everyone knows that the Amazons are a race of warrior-women blessed by ancient gods, and for a long time they would traditionally claim that when they did get pregnant the child would always result in a girl. They were lying. It’s just that traditionally when an Amazon has a male child they’re supposed to throw it into the sea immediately. The good news is that the Sons of Themyscira were frequently instead traded to Hephaestus for arms and armor and they get to live a life as a workforce for Hephaestus’s Forges instead.

Times change, and the new goddess Diana has brought change to their society. Now the Amazons at least acknowledge that their sons exist and they have been allowed to settle a nearby volcanic island to continue their work. Erichthonius, or “Eric”, is a Son of Themyscira, and like many of his brothers an apprentice to the God of the Forge. Perhaps a little braver than most, he has requested from his God a greater challenge to his normal work.

Technically only Justice League support staff, codename Artiface may obviously have Amazon blood in his veins increasing his strength and durability but his real claim to fame is that he is a smith and maker of literally supernatural skill. Given time and resources he can create a seemingly endless array of weapons and gadgets, from simple swords and shields to superhero suits to even high-tech communication devices and computers. Much of that he can also impart with supernatural properties. A lightweight spun Kevlar-like fabric that can be woven into superhero costumes to make them bulletproof, baterangs that are not only perfectly balanced but can even bypass magical defenses, justice league communicators that utilize magic to counter EM scramblers - Artiface lives for the Challenge.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Crensler

Hello!  Kind of interested in this, was wondering if you'd take a Tamaranean who, having heard so much about Earth from stories told by a certain princess upon her return, decides to head there and see what it's all about?  And accidentally joins the Justice League, because of course, lol

JackTheTipper

Quote from: Crensler on March 16, 2024, 04:30:08 PMHello!  Kind of interested in this, was wondering if you'd take a Tamaranean who, having heard so much about Earth from stories told by a certain princess upon her return, decides to head there and see what it's all about?  And accidentally joins the Justice League, because of course, lol
Of course.

Crensler

Lyrical

Quote from: KnowThySire on March 11, 2024, 09:58:38 PM*lights the wonder woman signal*
Are you playing WW?

A sort of cyberpunk future version of the Justice League sounds interesting.

Does this group still need a WW? I'd be interested if she's still needed.

What will the posting rate be like for this group? I generally prefer fast paced groups with multiple posts per scene per week.

KnowThySire

Quote from: Lyrical on March 23, 2024, 02:16:55 PMAre you playing WW?

A sort of cyberpunk future version of the Justice League sounds interesting.

Does this group still need a WW? I'd be interested if she's still needed.

What will the posting rate be like for this group? I generally prefer fast paced groups with multiple posts per scene per week.

Eureka, it works!

*hugs*

I'm Batman... Beyond.

Wonder Woman is available from what I can tell. I'm sure the group would love to have you. People's posting rates will likely vary.
There can only be one king.

Lyrical

Quote from: KnowThySire on March 27, 2024, 01:38:29 PMEureka, it works!

*hugs*

I'm Batman... Beyond.

Wonder Woman is available from what I can tell. I'm sure the group would love to have you. People's posting rates will likely vary.
Thank you for your reply.

But given that there's been no replies of any kind from the group OP I'm going to assume this group isn't happening and withdraw my interest.

Lila Lupin

So just to make sure I understand, the Wonder Woman for this story that would be played could be a new Themysciran?

Deathnote

Quote from: Lila Lupin on March 29, 2024, 05:14:10 PMSo just to make sure I understand, the Wonder Woman for this story that would be played could be a new Themysciran?

Based on what I've gathered, yes.  You just can't play as Diana.

Crensler

(Temporary, I'll fill in picture and stuff soon!)

Alias: Dawnfire
Alter Ego: Alisand’r/Alisa Anderson
Sex: Female
Appearance:
Origin Story: Who is your character and what is their origin?
Potential storyline(s): (what do you want to do with your character and who would you like to collaborate with?)
Powers & Abilities:
Tamaranean Physiology - Tamaraneans are a race of humanoid aliens with orange skin and emerald eyes with no pupils. They also possess red hair that, while flying, emits a visible glow that makes them appear like they are on fire.
Solar/Ultraviolet Metabolization - Tamaraneans can absorb and process solar radiation, which provides them incredible strength and vitality.
Flight - The absorption of solar radiation also allows them to defy gravity and fly without the need of artificial enhancements.
Interstellar Travel - Some Tamaraneans are powerful enough to travel across the depths of space at light speed, if they have enough solar radiation to subsist on at least.
Superhuman Durability - Tamaraneans, properly charged with solar radiation, are incredibly resistant to all forms of injury and abrasion.  Being able to survive in the cold vacuum of space, resist the surface heat of stars and travel within reach of a black hole’s event horizon with little irritation are proof of this.
Superhuman Stamina - Tamaraneans are able to function for long periods without signs of tiring or being under any sort of strain when compared to humans, their ability to absorb solar radiation partially responsible for this phenomena.
Superhuman Speed - Tamaraneans are much faster than humans, though not at any level comparable to speedsters or the like.
Superhuman Agility - Thanks to their feline ancestry, Tamaraneans are incredibly agile and flexible, much to the delight of many.
Superhuman Reflexes - Tamaraneans are also possessed of amazing reflexes due to said ancestry.
Superhuman Strength - While not on the levels of higher forms of strength displayed by the likes of Superman and his peers, Tamaraneans are still incredibly physically powerful when compared to human beings, able to punch through plate steel and lift several tons with ease.
Tactile Linguistic Assimilation - All Tamaraneans are able to absorb the language knowledge of those they have direct skin to skin contact with, though the most efficient means of obtaining such information is lips to lips.  Because reasons.
Ons & Offs: What kind of woman/man is your type? (I'll clothesline you if you say good personality)
Played By: Crensler

JackTheTipper

Quote from: Crensler on April 12, 2024, 01:32:06 PM(Temporary, I'll fill in picture and stuff soon!)

Alias: Dawnfire
Alter Ego: Alisand’r/Alisa Anderson
Sex: Female
Appearance:
Origin Story: Who is your character and what is their origin?
Potential storyline(s): (what do you want to do with your character and who would you like to collaborate with?)
Powers & Abilities:
Tamaranean Physiology - Tamaraneans are a race of humanoid aliens with orange skin and emerald eyes with no pupils. They also possess red hair that, while flying, emits a visible glow that makes them appear like they are on fire.
Solar/Ultraviolet Metabolization - Tamaraneans can absorb and process solar radiation, which provides them incredible strength and vitality.
Flight - The absorption of solar radiation also allows them to defy gravity and fly without the need of artificial enhancements.
Interstellar Travel - Some Tamaraneans are powerful enough to travel across the depths of space at light speed, if they have enough solar radiation to subsist on at least.
Superhuman Durability - Tamaraneans, properly charged with solar radiation, are incredibly resistant to all forms of injury and abrasion.  Being able to survive in the cold vacuum of space, resist the surface heat of stars and travel within reach of a black hole’s event horizon with little irritation are proof of this.
Superhuman Stamina - Tamaraneans are able to function for long periods without signs of tiring or being under any sort of strain when compared to humans, their ability to absorb solar radiation partially responsible for this phenomena.
Superhuman Speed - Tamaraneans are much faster than humans, though not at any level comparable to speedsters or the like.
Superhuman Agility - Thanks to their feline ancestry, Tamaraneans are incredibly agile and flexible, much to the delight of many.
Superhuman Reflexes - Tamaraneans are also possessed of amazing reflexes due to said ancestry.
Superhuman Strength - While not on the levels of higher forms of strength displayed by the likes of Superman and his peers, Tamaraneans are still incredibly physically powerful when compared to human beings, able to punch through plate steel and lift several tons with ease.
Tactile Linguistic Assimilation - All Tamaraneans are able to absorb the language knowledge of those they have direct skin to skin contact with, though the most efficient means of obtaining such information is lips to lips.  Because reasons.
Ons & Offs: What kind of woman/man is your type? (I'll clothesline you if you say good personality)
Played By: Crensler

Approved