News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Life In Drycreek: Adventures In The Weird West

Started by Urbanzorro, October 03, 2016, 03:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

The Recent Past
Thirty three years ago The Empire 'acquired' the great western territory. Ten years after that the territory had been mapped, a governing nobility was established and the lands were declared open for settlement. Eight years later the war started. The Empire's noble houses chose their sides. The lords and ladies marshaled their armies in support of their chosen leaders. And The Empire spent the next nine years very nearly tearing itself asunder. Whether you called it The Usurper's War or The War For Freedom didn't matter, it was a time of suffering and horror for all. Thankfully that time, as all times do, came to its end. The rebellion was defeated and the rule of Emperor Logan IV has endured.

Now is the time of healing, of the rebuilding, of the mending of wounds and, for many, the time of expansion to the west...

The West
The provinces which make up the newest additions to Imperial territory are collectively referred to as 'The West' due to their location at the westernmost edge of The Empire. These lands represent The Empire's frontier they are for the most part untamed and wild. The West is a place where one's life is only as secure as they can make it. Where gangs and savages run wild. Where the word of your local marshal or sherif can carry more immediate weight than that of The Emperor. Where anyone can leave their old life behind. Where great fortunes, and equally great perils await anyone brave or foolish to find them.

Ok, so this is my pitch for an open world sandbox (with the occasional GM driven storyline) Western game with a twist! The twist being that it is a world which is populated by the races, magic, and other such things of the fantasy genre with a tiny pinch of steampunk(very tiny) thrown in to boot! It's a world where a hired gun is as likely to be an elf or an orc as they are a human. Where the local sherif might wield fireballs instead of a pistol. Where your late night stagecoach might just be robbed by vampire. And where the local pack of animals that have been killing livestock might be more than just wolves.

I'm looking for players to help populate the frontier town where the game will take place. As far as for who they are and what they do in said town it can be just about anything. A local gunslinger, an outlaw hiding out in the frontier, a sherif, a working girl, anyone. If there is interest shown I'll flesh out the world a bit more to provide us with some details on the specifics of the setting as a whole as well as the town and the other areas surrounding it.

If you're interested feel free to say so, ask questions, leave comments, etc!
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

TheRaven

Consider this a definite expression of interest. Weird West is one of my favorite underrepresented genres.
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Nameless One

I'm interested too! I lean more to the storyteller-driven scenarios side of the project, but I like the idea.
It is "Torment". It is that which draws all tormented souls to you. The flesh knows it suffers, even when the mind has forgotten. And so you wear the rune always.

Ons and Offs

Vulnicura

Absolutely interested! I would love to take part in this.

Nastara

Delvers Company: Origins (Starting Soon!)
Red Team OOC| Blue Team OOC| Worldbuilding

IrishWolf

Juggtacular

Urbanzorro

Yay for interest! I'm working now, but will post up some background stuff on the setting as well as the character sheets later today once I've gotten home.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Urbanzorro

I've never actually read into deadlands so I wasn't thinking of it when I came up with the idea. Was more due to playing Blood Bowl 2 while watching the premier of West World. But there is also definitely some Elder Scrolls, Quick & The Dead, Red Dead Redemption Zombie DLC, and other such influences mixed in. Also the details I promised yesterday will be up in a bit, was dead tired after work yesterday.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

AndyZ

Just checking ^_^ I'm not at all out of the running, though my creativity for E games is on an ebb of late.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.