Temple of Luminescence (High lvl Pathfinder Recruitment)

Started by indarkestknight, October 08, 2018, 05:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 12, 2018, 12:56:24 AM
So far leaning to use Brazen Deceiver archtype for my char (which is a bard). Need choose between pics (background wise he is consort to queen but is truth masterful evil mastermind behind the throne). Pic also influences race choice.

One
Two
Three
Four
Five

The first strikes me as most decievery. I mean, the second is basically Dark Schneider and the Third is Khorne-Strahd, so those'd be out. *nodnods*

Anyway, working on my own now, since there's one vote for ebil frog and none opposed. If DM dislikes this, I shall do the good aligned idea which is rather similiar.

Roleplay Frog

Note: Big update after realizing the class I wanted to do has had a changing!

Definitly going for flamboyantly heroic yet utterly evil leader naow.

Sun Jin'Yi, The Lotus Prince
Lvl 15 Neutral Evil Human Samurai Shogun

Prince Sun, the saviour of Grayholme is known as a flamboyant, at times eccentric, yet charming defender of the weak. Despite his rough exterior he has always come to the defense of many people at large with intimidating force. Strange rumours about him killing people on a whim persist to follow him, but most consider this vicious slander of a truly kind and generous man.

"How dare you stand before your emperor in such ragedy clothing? Here, have these gold coins, buy yourself some proper attire and take your gauntness out of my eyes!" -Sun, to a beggar.

Full backstory

Born a prince of a small yet beautiful noble kingdom of Tian, Sun would have been first in line of sucession, if not for his feeble statue and, at least for an emperor to be, slow wit. Growing up, all he had was his determined personality.. and the mockery of the servants, hidden behind a veil of respect for the feeble prince.

However, he was not without true friends, an old priest of General Susumu, the Black Daimyo frequently adviced him, seeing in him the potential of a mighty ruler, if just properly.. cultivated.
The old priest taught him to overcome the mockery with strength, until the doubts with determination, and his own human weakness with forbidden magic.
In the end, the prince half strong-armed, half impressed him enough to begin a forbidden ritual, binding his very soul with an unholy spirit that greatly increased his physical abilities and, as the two believed, would make him a ruler of all there was and ever would be.

The spirits original intent had been to pervert the young prince.. but rather, it found itself bowing in respect. There was one with a potential for evil and a hunger for obeisance much greater than it's own.

Taking quickly to the spirits encouragement the young man stepped up to claim rulership of his kingdom.. and all those around it. Quickly it became apparent that the now beautiful, strong man whom many admired.. had also become twisted to the core, disdaining the weak more than anything, for seeing his old self within them. And as always in such tales, a rebellion and hero came to stop evil.
In this case in the form of a mighty, good dragon that challenged the wicked emperor, their battle burning most of her slave-build empire to dust most think that the Dark prince died then and there, amidst the tragic ashes of his empire.. but he escaped, determined to find a more worthy people and empire to rule now that the rebellion, unknowing of ruling and infrastructure, had run his empire to the ground after deposing of him.

The prince appears genuinly friendly and forthcoming, with the charm of a born ruler and little flaws to his personality and at best, an extravagant flamboyance to his name.
The closeness of the sun raises two primary issues for the young prince. For one, he cannot risk his beautiful skin gaining too much of a tan. For two, he tolerates none to harm his kingdom to be.. or his future subjects. Everyone in this world belongs to him. So none may harm these people either.

Ability Scores(+Modifiers)
Str 20 +5
Dex 13 +1
Con 28 +9
Int 11 --
Wis 13 +1
Cha 12 +1

HP: 263 (10+15d10+135) Armor Class: 25(Flat footed: 23 Touch: 10 ) Initiative Bonus: +2 Speed:d 20 ft land CMD: 32
Saving Throws: Fort: 23 Ref: 11 Will: 14
Class/Racial Feats
Human: +2 Constitution, Bonus feat, skilled
Shogun Samurai: Resolve (15/d), Bountiful Resolve, Ordered Strike, Challenge 5/d; Dr 4/-, Diehard, Order of The Black Daimyo (evil warrior), Honor in All things 4/d, Banner (if displayed, +4 vs fear, +3 attack rolls on charge, +2 vs charm and compulsion), Fierce Resolve, Way of the Samurai, Greater Resolve, Battlefield Strategist, Honorable Stand, Demanding Challenge, Strike True

Chosen Feats(9 total): Iron Will, Unimpeachable Honor, Power Attack, Unconquerable Resolve, Unconquerable Resolve II, Unconquerable Resolve III, Endurance, Heroic Defiance, Improved Critical (Katana), Vital Strike, Improved Vital Strike,

Traits:Tactician, Indomitable Faith (+1 will)

Skills:
Intimidate: +19
Sense Motive: +19
Perception: +16
Knowledge: Nobility, History +18 (+7 if involving his own land)

Equipment and items:240k to spend.
Belt of Mighty Constitution +6, 36k
Cloak of Resistance +5  25 k
Spellbreaker, a +1 Greater Transformative Adamantine Spell-Stealing Katana of Strength +6, 86k total (Custom item, 3k gold for adamantine, 15k for Greater Versatile, 36 k for +6 Strength enhancement to user, 32 k for +4 Enhancement bonus on weapon.)
+5 Deathless Steel Full Plate 37.5 k 
Boots of the Earth 5k
Headband of Unshakable Resolve 5.6 k
Necklace of Adaption 9k
Ring of Sustenance 2.7k 
Bag of Holding II 5 k gold 
Tengu Drinking Jug 1k gold 
Ring of Protection +1,  2k 
Snapleaf x2 1.5k
Expedition Pavillion 6.4k
Field Scrivener's desk 5.4k
Talisman of the summoned Steed 3.6k
Haunted Shoes 6.5ish k 
Drug, slavers drops x5, gold, Poison: Gelidburn oil x1, additional set of rich clothing, campfire bead about 1kish total.

Attacks: -4 Ab, +12 Damage if power-attacking.
+21/+16/+11 Spell Stealing Katana 1d8 +8 (15-20 x2), Can forego critical hits to steal spell, level 14+1d20 vs 11 +caster level

Zaer Darkwail

Using Froggy's format to mine as well, my char is also social albeit considering dungeon crawling bluff is not that bad (more so if you focus most your spells/skills to illusions and such).

Disguised as mortal 'Taliash'

True form (Fiendskin+Tempting Flesh)

Talion ('Taliash') Duskwhisper, Prince Consort, Lord of Shadows
Lvl 15 Chaotic Evil Elf Bard (Brazen Deceiver) 5/Evangelist 10

Prince Consort Talion Duskwhisper hails from mysterious Mordant Spires, a ancient elven land which is shrouded in ancient customs and oaths, arrogance, secrecy and paranoia. Centuries ago he ventured forth from the island, to seek ancient relics from other elven sites, tracking them down to Westcrown and discovered some ancient era relics, some dangerous, were on auction. With usual haughty elf manner he simply did not buy or request returned; he outright stole them from warehouse which was under Council of Thieves protection. Now normally policy for such is outright assassination and council definitely tried that route; but they failed. Then when Talion was cornered in battle against multiple assassins, the artifacts activated accidentally and displayed how dangerous they can truly be in unwise hands, only he could close artifacts which stole several souls of important agents of the council and nobles alike.....and he did then something unusual; he returned those souls and people back to life and sneaked into one council secret meetings.

He then told how foolish council had been in regards handling artifacts and told they need someone who can tell from harmless trinket to dangerous ancient artifact among their ranks, so he requested to join the organization to avoid future mess. Council then agreed; they tested Talion and he became one their experts on stolen ancient relics from Azlanti and other ancient eras. Overtime he climbed organization ladder and even became member of the council less than century thanks of his skills and powers he developed later on (and was acquired later in binding part of essence of deceased demon lord's shadowy power which fit like a glove on himself). Also through association and personal interest he became follower of Nocticula and from his devotion to her gained overtime magical powers which helped cement his hold as princess consort (even when she ascended to throne as queen). However in 4606 AR civil war started in Cheliax and it then later changed dynamics of the council great deal and led to toxic paranoia which resulted council members even killing each other, so Talion feigned his own death and disappeared entirely out of council's radar, as he no longer found use of said council.

But his legend continue on beyond his career from council and he has years lived as shadowy figure in underworld while living as renowned prince consort to the present ruler of Mordant Spires.

Pre-Council Background

Talion was not born alone into the world, he had twin brother Taliash, however despite identical appearances Talion and Taliash weren't nothing alike each other. Taliash was kind, warm and considerate and calm where Talion had hot temper, mean spirit and arrogant. They competed a lot each other and their talents and skills also differed; Taliash more warrior and 'brute' as Talion called him while Talion had sharp wit, charm and grace.

They both were heirs of Duskwhisper family which was noble line in Mordant Spires and ruler at time arranged marriage between daughter and heirs of Duskwhispers, considering they were twins the future princess dated and courted both, but in end chose Taliash because of his 'noble' character. This drived Talion on dark rage from jealousy, so he lured his brother to watch and listen sirens song in northern shores of Mordant Spires, promising use bardic craft to protect him from luring song. However he betrayed his brother; he let sirens song affect him and make him become dazed by them and then push him over the cliff onto ocean, his body become battered and broken in the process and die in the fall. However Talion waited his body come to shore, he butchered the body into dozen pieces, taking strands of Taliash's fabulous hair and then brought all body parts to local coven of hags known locally by Sisters of Wilderness (formed by green, night and storm hag). He brought his brother's remains and requested them make finest harp from his remains, in return he promised for next decade bring every year one child for each hag (to do as they wish) and a man to share between them. A bargain was struck and hags weaved dark horrific magic together create a dark disturbing harp ever, which has own subtle illusion disguise it's nature to appear more beautiful harp.

In regards on informing Taliash demise, he did not do it. Far too risk being caught, so instead he used magical scroll of simulacra to create clone of himself which he let continue life as 'Talion' while himself continue life as 'Taliash'. As Taliash he married his destined wife in arranged and happy marriage while Talion lived on as shameful heir who partied and lived lecherous life. Eventually 'Talion' performed treason (stealing one relics of royal family) and as was given duty Taliash chased his twin brother down in epic confrontation outside Mordant Spires and in mainland instead. The duel was fierce and in end Taliash (Talion) was victorious (over his own loyal bound clone) and he brought relic back and thus erased anyone finding the truth of horrible murder (or his pact to hags as he placed disappearance of children and men to his clone as well). But because of his epic journey he was made traveling retriever of relics from ancient holds and a traveling ambassador and diplomat to Kyonin. So noble Taliash could depart from his mask in homeland and take face of Talion once more, live as truly self among council of thieves while continue living on a epic created lie in his homeland.

Ability Scores(+Modifiers)
Str 9 -1
Dex 22 +6
Con 10 --
Int 20 +5
Wis 10 --
Cha 22 +6

Using GM rolled stats/HP

Stats (before level bonuses+items): 9, 10, 12, 13, 13, 17
HP:7, 8, 7, 6, 5, 8, 5, 4, 3, 7, 8, 8, 7, 5

Racials+permanent effects

+2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Int
Elven Immunities
Fiendish Resistance: You have cold resistance 10 and electricity resistance 10, immune to fire.
Illustrious Urbanite

City elves have a remarkable ability to combine magic harmoniously with their surroundings. They gain Spell Focus with conjuration, illusion, or transmutation spells as a bonus feat. When casting spells of this school, the elves can choose to have the spell leave undamaged any building or structure that would normally be affected.

Mordant Envoy

Add +1 to the caster level of any transmutation spells cast. Elves with a Charisma score of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—comprehend languages, detect secret doors, erase, and read magic. The caster level for these effects is equal to the elve’s character level.

Voice in the Darkness
Charisma 13+. Characters who practice coercion and intimidation in the Underworld or on the Shadow Plane learn to do so in dim light or no light at all. As long as they are in dim light or darker conditions, characters with this trait gain a +2 bonus on Intimidate and Stealth checks.

Low-Light Vision
Darkvision 60'ft
Prehensile Tail
Vestigial Wings

HP: 96 (14d8) Armor Class: 26 Initiative Bonus: +6 Speed: 30 ft land CMD: 23 (BAB +Str/dex+feats)
Saving Throws: Fort: +10 Ref: +20 Will: +14
Traits: Unabashed Gall, Overwhelming Beauty
Racial Feats: Spell Focus [Illusion]
Class Features
Brazen Deceiver Bard+Evangelist: Deceptive Tale, Bardic Performance 38/day (fascinate, inspire courage+3, inspire competence+4, suggestion, dirge of doom, inspire greatnessx3, soothing performance, frightening tune), Bardic Spellcasting (Cha based, bard list), Shameless Scoundrel+8, Blatant Subtlety, Invoke the Blood, Devil’s Tongue, Jack of All trades, Obedience, Skilled (Bluff, Survival), Aligned Class, Protective Grace+2, Divine Boon (Detect Thoughts 2/day, Tempting Flesh 1/day, Deadly Caress 1/day), Gift of Tonguesx2, Multitude of Talents, Spiritual Form (+4 Cha, Fly 40'ft)

Chosen Feats(8 total): Spell Focus Greater [Illusion], Spell Focus [Enchantment], Deific Obedience (Nocticula), Spell Focus Greater [Enchantment], Mask of Virtue (Damnation), Fiendskin (Damnation), Soulless Gaze (Damnation), Solid Shadows, +Vital Strike, +Improved Vital Strike
Chosen Masterpieces (sacrifice spells known): Triple Time, At the Heart of It All, Legato Piece on the Infernal Bargain
Spells|at-will|6|6|5|5|2|

0: Bleed, Touch of Fatigue, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Prestidigitation, Message, Mage Hand, Mending
1: Disguise Self, Unseen Servant, Obscure Object, Moment of Greatness, Beguiling Gift
2: Darkness, Darkvision, Arcane Disruption, Silence, Shadow Anchor, Mirror Image, Locate Object, Enthrall
3: Shadow Enchantment, Magic Aura (Greater), Haste, Glibness
4: Shadow Conjuration, Shadow Step, Shadowform, Phantom Steed (Communal), Dominate Person
5: Shadow Evocation, Shadow Walk, Shadowbard, Phantasmal Web, Scripted Hallucination

Skills (maxed out ones)/Language:
Common, Elven, Abyssal, Draconic, Sylvan, Undercommon, Sakvroth
Bluff
Intimidate
Sense Motive
Perform
Stealth
Disguise
Spellcraft
Use Magic Device

Equipment and items: Staff of Stealth (39,300gp), +1 Mithril Dagger (2,500gp), Headband of Mental Prowess+4 (Cha&Int) (40,000gp), Catskin Leather (18,910gp), Belt of incredible Dexterity+6 (36,000gp), Cloak of Resistance+5 (25,000gp), Ring of Protection+2 (8,000gp), Amulet of Natural Armor+2 (8,000gp), Dusty Rose Prism (5,000gp), 56,290gp to spend

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 13, 2018, 02:13:36 PM
using Froggy's format to mine as well, my char is also social albeit considering dungeon crawling bluff is not that bad (more so if you focus most your spells/skills to illusions and such).

Heh.. that's not monster entry format, .. though it is basically based on it, something organically grown between me and my old DM, long ago.

Zaer Darkwail

Edited above post, more details and bit change on class in mind. However as question is 'upgrading' a item (example catskin leather), counted as custom magic item? I mean there's nothing custom on my armor besides it's base enchant is +5 than +1.

Also as question can I request a custom magical harp which costs around 50,000gp? Based on background story I wrote for my char having harp made from body/hair of his twin brother (having magical properties besides disguising itself to appear a more regular but stunning beautiful elven harp).

indarkestknight

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 13, 2018, 08:20:47 PM
Edited above post, more details and bit change on class in mind. However as question is 'upgrading' a item (example catskin leather), counted as custom magic item? I mean there's nothing custom on my armor besides it's base enchant is +5 than +1.

Also as question can I request a custom magical harp which costs around 50,000gp? Based on background story I wrote for my char having harp made from body/hair of his twin brother (having magical properties besides disguising itself to appear a more regular but stunning beautiful elven harp).

It would, and so would a vest of resistance. For the 23,000 gp increase in price to go from +1 to +5, it's more efficient to buy a ring of protection +2, an amulet of natural armor +2, and a dusty rose prism ioun stone, since you aren't using those slots anyway. Your overall AC goes up by +1, your touch AC goes up by +3, and you save 2,000 gp.

What powers do you want the harp to have, other than disguising itself?

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, edited vest into cloak as I am not using cloak slot either. Anyways thanks on advice regarding my raising AC while keeping the armor (as life saving property of it is neat and if have high UMD could use magic vestment wand upgrade it temporally as well). I start working adding those in.

In regards harp qualities; I want each hag (night, storm and green) added their own essence/magic onto the harp. I am open to ideas but any powers granted by harp should ideologically scale up (not have set save resist values and be more as special bardic performances granted by harp or be powers which do not directly harm and thus ask no save nor SR). Storm hag could have power given based on air/storm, green hag power is something stealthy/sneaky or somehow aiding on deception (or ruining beauty or siphoning life force from others to weaken them). Night hag would have most potent magically but also dark power (perhaps something over dreams like able use nightmare power or inflict on victims via music or somehow steal their souls via sleep etc). Or overall besides unique powers it could enhance bardic performances and perhaps allow turn some bard spells have evil description while using harp as sort foci/channel which brings magic forth (as if I take fourth Damnation feat then last one enhances magic usage on spells which are evil, unlikely happens in the module but it's more later future investment if go up to 17th level or beyond).

But another idea of power is that harp allows Talion register to all divination or purposes as Taliash, his twin. So not even divination asking 'is Taliash a Talion' will not overcome his disguise. This is of course applying only so long Talion is bonded to the harp (could have drawbacks as well if he is too long from his harp). But could also be minor feature as well as his Damnation feat (mask of virtue) handles in disguising his alignment (this power more murks up identity with Talion to register to be Taliash even on specific inquiries and considering harp is his twin brother so there excist already 'twin's link' between them so said power would not transfer to other owners of the harp).

Harp itself could also be sentient as Talion's twin's soul is trapped in the harp (unable commune any other way than telepathy to Talion). That itself could lend some powers or overall minor feature and RP opportunity for Talion 'talking' with his brother while he plays music (you can imagine years spend as skeletal harp have twisted once Taliash evil, perhaps spiteful, entity as he had seen years everyone believe lie Talion is Taliash and he literally stole and fucked with his destined wife before him). Soul trapping prevents resurrection as well even if it's ever discovered Talion killed Taliash.

Roleplay Frog

Aand updated, going full Samurai.. plus a question, I see Zaer's character having traits, but no mention of traits in the opening creation post, so how's thing standing there? Happy to dig up whatever traits most closely mesh with dark honor ... *chuckles*

Hunter

Tolha will tend to go full heal-bot once we get into the dungeon itself.   He'll leave the bulk of the fighting up to the rest of you.

Roleplay Frog

Oh hey, that works for me, I've decided to build up tough but haven't figured out a way of restoring those hitpoints, well, besides firmly planting boots of the earth and waiting a few minutes. *chuckles*

I welcome all healsluts!

Callie Del Noire

What roles are you guys needing at this point?

I’m leaning towards point buy..dice bot loathes me

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 15, 2018, 10:10:57 AM
What roles are you guys needing at this point?

I’m leaning towards point buy..dice bot loathes me

Something that does some quick damage then flees in a panic. I'd recommend a water-genasi for the proper moisturizing.

indarkestknight

We presently have a bard, a cleric (sorcerer dip), a magus (rogue dip), and a samurai.

Callie Del Noire

Hmm. Been playing with a bunch of tieflings.. could do the dragonheir scion, or Wizard. Not too thrilled by evil parties though..

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 15, 2018, 10:37:47 AM
Hmm. Been playing with a bunch of tieflings.. could do the dragonheir scion, or Wizard. Not too thrilled by evil parties though..

Evil? How swift to judge. From the perspective of the ant you stepped on, you must be evil.

Hmnn.. still getting a feel for the character. *tips chin*

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 15, 2018, 10:47:34 AM
Evil? How swift to judge. From the perspective of the ant you stepped on, you must be evil.

Hmnn.. still getting a feel for the character. *tips chin*

I am okay with ‘evil with a plan’ not with ‘cause I’m evil!’

Seen more the later than the former. Played LE swashbuckler, kept his word, was generous to the community but ultimately planned on destroying Zhentil Keep, burning it to the ground and salting the soil after

Not sure the fighter will help, looks like we got enough melee..

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, ranged caster or someone devoted to healing and curing would be nice. Anyways even if my char is CE he needs to act like good guy (most of time anyways). Damnation feats = super evil (especially with deific obedience to demon lord). But his demon lord is all about sex, murder/assassination and shadows/subtlety.

Also the entire scenario should interest both good and evil and neutrals alike; we speak of world ending apocalypse here so bad guys whom would not normally cooperate become super cooperative in regards stopping the disaster (and thus evil guys mixed in with team along side paladin/good guys).

Ixy

I think I could edit this character forever and never be done, but I'm hoping it's ok for now.  Updated.  Thank you all for your feedback so far :)

Hunter

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 15, 2018, 12:36:08 PM
Yeah, ranged caster or someone devoted to healing and curing would be nice.

I'm your friendly neighborhood healer.   We need a tankish type and a proper wizard type, I think.

Callie Del Noire

Chanticleer

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 15, 2018, 01:58:29 PM
I can do a wizardly type. :D

Mentioned a few pages ago, I've had a kitsune sorceress in the works, just haven't had time to update here. Working up 15 levels in a class that you haven't played that high before takes a bit of thought.
My current O/os (need work)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Chanticleer on October 15, 2018, 02:39:58 PM
Mentioned a few pages ago, I've had a kitsune sorceress in the works, just haven't had time to update here. Working up 15 levels in a class that you haven't played that high before takes a bit of thought.

As tip if go sorcerer then first question is do you go dragon disciple or not (make sort a gish) or go pure sorcerer. If pure check then bloodlines (and do you go wildblooded or even dual/cross blooded to get two bloodlines). At 15th level most late game bloodline powers are active and strong. Devils what I remember favor summoner type sorcerer build while abyssal favors sorcerer who wants go tear faces off (and draconic ones then favor certain elemental spells and such).

So choosing bloodline is critical. Alternatively can go hybrid; mystic theurge with sorcerer and then oracle (and pick bloodline which turns casting stat to wisdom what I remember). Also if want play elf sorceress there is sage bloodline (meaning using int instead charisma for casting stat). Just giving hint where to look how build the char and then decide what feats, spells and such you get :)

Chulanowa

As per usual, I have zero damn idea what i'm making!  XD

Callie Del Noire

indarkestknight

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 15, 2018, 04:10:18 PM
So don't make a wizard?

Make what you’d have fun playing. I think given how things tend to go on E, it doesn’t hurt to double up on roles in case someone ends up dropping out.