[Ex] Space Mercenaries

Started by BlackFistKronos, February 23, 2010, 12:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiopeia

I'm definitely interested and I'm just polishing up my bio now.  So Black, you would prefer for us to all already start on the team? 

BlackFistKronos

Im actually pretty open and flexible to ideas, considering this is my first time running an sl. I'll leave it to majority vote.

I can make a pre-made team, and whoever wants to join it, can. If you want to make your own, then let me know.

Cassiopeia

Alright, this may get edited and tweaked but thus far this is my girl -

Name: Ly'Andra (pronounced Lee-andra)
Race: Unknown (sub-human)
Sexuality: Straight-ish

Descrpition:
Face and Body

Eyes and Skin Color

Ly'Andra stands 5'7 and has a slender and agile, yet curvaceous figure.  One merely looking at her outer appearance wouldn't guess her strength or fighting abilities.  Her coloring is exotic with silvery skin which seems to almost change color depending on the light.  Her eyes (both pupil and white) are like glittering jewels, the bright aquamarine standing out in sharp contrast to the light silver of her skin.  Adding to her unique appearance is her silky snow white hair, cascading down to the small of her back in choppy layers.  She usually likes to wear a few braids and twists here and there throughout and occasionally has streaks of color poking through the underside.  If not for her coloring she would look completely human except for her ears which come to almost elvish points.

Her dress is usually reflective of her mood or tastes in that particular moment, selecting things that allow her to move freely but also display her assets (which has typically worked to her advantage).  Rarely is she seen without an exposed navel unless of course, to her dismay, she has to wear armor.  Being highly flexible and acrobatic Ly'Andra feels constricted by armor but will wear it when the situation calls for it.

Personality:  Outwardly Ly'Andra appears carefree and laid back, rarely even seeming nervous during a job or mission, but she's not someone to be crossed.  She is fiercely loyal to the handful of people she allows close to her and if anyone crosses them, or if she is betrayed by one of them, her wrath is swift and furious.  Still she is usually one in search of a good time, and if that includes making money, well, all the better!  She tends to be one unencumbered by other people's sense of right and wrong, or appropriate and inappropriate, sticking to her own internal rules and regulations (ones which she has yet to share with anyone but thus far they've kept her breathing).

Whether species inherent or a special talent all her own Ly'Andra has a penchant for persuasion and manipulation.  She's been known to talk and negotiate her way out of seemingly impossible situations as well as into impenetrable places.  Had she not been on the wrong side of the law she probably could have had a successful career as a diplomat.  But where would the fun be in that?

In combat she prefers to use her mind and body as weapons first rather than just brute force, though she is fully capable of that tactic.  Hand to hand combat is her specialty but her aim is above average as well and she keeps herself well stocked in range weapons.

Background: 

Ly'Andra was orphaned at an early age, approximately 3 or 4 (she can't recall exactly), and she has no recollection of her birth parents, let alone her species and homeworld.  After being bounced around between group "homes" and non-permanent living situations for a few years she decided she'd had enough and wanted to take control of her life.  At the age of 11 she ran away and never looked back, hopping on a transport to take her to the other side of the city planet where she began doing whatever she had to for survival.  Inevitably she fell in with a gang who decided she was useful due to her persuasive abilities.  She picked up street life fast, learning quickly how to con people out of their money and how to take what she wanted without paying and without getting caught.

Being so young and living such a life made it necessary for her to become skilled at fighting.  Her natural agility and flexibility gave her an advantage, as did the fact that she was stronger than the average human of her size.  She was best at hand to hand combat, even without weapons, outmaneuvering and outsmarting an opponent twice her size with relative ease and using it to bring them down.  In-fighting was common in the gang, even over minor disputes and her comrades grew to both resent and respect her. 

Over the next five years she proved her worth time after time and moved up in the ranks to second in command.  Being that she was only sixteen, however, this secretly concerned the leader as well as some of the other more ambitious members, not wanting to have to give up any control or power to her.  One of her adversaries within the gang saw his opportunity to rid himself of her when out on a job.  Ly'Andra was in the middle of the building, ready to make the grab when he set off the alarm and escaped quickly.  She was fast but not fast enough.  Local security came and took her to a holding cell.  Not one to be fenced in Ly'Andra formulated and carried out a plan swiftly, seducing a guard and escaping.

The first thought in her mind was revenge and so she paid a visit to a member of the gang whom she knew was loyal to her, finding out who betrayed her in such a cowardly way.  Wasting no time she stalked him and waited until the perfect moment when she slit his throat in his own bed, waking him up seconds before so he could look into her eyes as the life drained from him.  Feeling betrayed by the other more prominent members as well she made similar visits to each one, making sure that there would be no one to come after her once her vengeance was satisfied.

When she had taken care of the traitors she decided to leave the planet, given the fact that she was now wanted by the local authorities, and work solo.  For quite a while she hopped from place to place, accepting jobs from the highest bidder whether it was to steal something of import, assassinate someone who was becoming a nuisance, or just stay close as hired protection.  Along the way she picked up a bit of a gambling habit, though luck tended to be on her side.  Ly'Andra's gifts of manipulation coupled with a well crafted bluffing face secured her a fair amount of money in games of chance.  Occasionally she would toss her hat in the underground fighting ring on whatever planet she was on at the time.  Her opponents almost always underestimated her, as did those wagering on the match.  By betting large sums on herself she was able to make herself even more money.  It was few and far between that she used this technique to line her pockets, preferring jobs that sharpened her skills to ones that required sheer physical might.

This life of being a gun or thief for higher continued to the present, as did entertaining herself with gambling or any other way she could find to have fun.  It's rare for her to stay in one place very long.

Special Abilities:

Flexibility and Agility - Ly'Andra is very maneuverable and acrobatic when compared to a normal human, thus giving her an advantage in combat.

Strength - While not possessing super strength her strength is a good deal more than a comparable human of her size.  Her strength is closer to rivaling that of a human male close to 6 feet tall.

Healing - Something that she assumes is due to whatever sub species she is Ly'Andra is able to heal twice as fast as the average human and along with it has a stronger immune system.  There are certain things however that effect her in the same way as a human.

Persuasion - A skill she'd prefer to attribute to her own expertise and experience, Ly'Andra is quite proficient in persuasion and manipulation, something which comes in handy in her line of work.

Piloting - Developed out of necessity and nurtured for the sheer love of speed and adrenaline, Ly'Andra's skills as a pilot are above average.  Her cool demeanor and quick response time have aided her on more than one occasion.

Weapons:

Battle Daggers (two) -
Her personal favorite pair of weapons, Ly'Andra stole these ceremonial daggers from a temple on the planet of Sharah, unable to pass them by after seeing how nicely they went with her eyes.  She uses these for hand to hand combat and keeps them tucked into her boots when not in use.  She views them as a way to give the enemy an honorable death.

Range -
Something she took off a dead enemy after seeing how precise and powerful it was.  This is often found holstered on her right hip.

Her first blaster, from back in her gang days.  Ly'Andra admittedly keeps it for some sentimental value though it has yet to let her down.  This weapon is always holstered on her right hip or hidden on her person.

A weapon she considers too clunky to carry around regularly but when the mission calls for it it definitely gets the job done.

Her automatic weapon, not something she feels satisfied when using but it's highly effective when needed.  Only used for specific missions.

Cassiopeia

Well I suppose it could be left up to each players personal choice.  Some could start out already on the team while others join in for various reasons.  Though not having the entire team already assembled might make it take longer to get into the actual action of the game, so it's kind of a give and take thing.  I think my character could go either way.  If she is already a member of the group though I'm thinking she wouldn't be one for long.

Saerrael

I don't mind joining a bit later. Still contemplating my character anyway :)

Chreestafer

yea im not sure what to play at the moment im thinking about playing the ranged member of the group the one whose good with the snipering and all
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Saerrael

Hmmhm. I'm personally thinking an explosionist would be handy (and fun!), but I don't want my girl to have too many 'talents' and become unbalanced. Hence the extensive pondering.

Chreestafer

hmmm a pyro technique...i like hehehe i might just steal that from you  ;)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Saerrael

Quote from: Chreestafer on February 25, 2010, 09:26:01 PM
hmmm a pyro technique...i like hehehe i might just steal that from you  ;)

Noooes D: miiine ;_;
If you do decide to steal that, I have to start anew with the pondering >.>'

Chreestafer

lol sorry i was just kidding its yours lol
Ons and Offs
F-List

BlackFistKronos

being new at this, Im not quite sure where to go for pics. Can you guys PM me with suggestions while I write the profile?

Saerrael

Quote from: Chreestafer on February 25, 2010, 09:35:08 PM
lol sorry i was just kidding its yours lol

I know you did. I'm not that emo, dear.
Just leave my explosions alone and we'll get on just fine..  ^-^

...I see you eyeing my C4... Oi!

Quote from: BlackFistKronos on February 25, 2010, 09:37:25 PM
being new at this, Im not quite sure where to go for pics. Can you guys PM me with suggestions while I write the profile?

I'm a googeler myself, with a few libraries in my favorites as well.

Cassiopeia

Quote from: BlackFistKronos on February 25, 2010, 09:37:25 PM

I use Deviant Art a lot, if you make a free account you can save your faves which is always helpful.  Photobucket can be good, sometimes it's hit or miss.  And yeah if all else fails just google image search.  That's how I found most of my weapons.

Chreestafer

Quote from: Saerra on February 25, 2010, 09:41:45 PM
I know you did. I'm not that emo, dear.
Just leave my explosions alone and we'll get on just fine..  ^-^

...I see you eyeing my C4... Oi!

well dear it looks like our characters might get along well then if youd like lol im gonna make my character just a normal human from earth but as he was on earth he killed people accidentaly and went to jail where they experimented on him and he gain psionic abilities i was thinking fire like abilities giving him the nickname "fire child"
Ons and Offs
F-List

Saerrael

Quote from: Cassiopeia on February 25, 2010, 10:04:17 PM
I use Deviant Art a lot, if you make a free account you can save your faves which is always helpful.  Photobucket can be good, sometimes it's hit or miss.  And yeah if all else fails just google image search.  That's how I found most of my weapons.

Google-san gave me something interesting ;

Not saying I'm going to play Sarah Morrison, though. But I love her slightly gritty look.

Xanatos

I think starting on the same team would save a lot of time and possible headache. As Cassi said, it takes longer and bogs down the game splitting people up. Since your new, I assume to GMing? It would be best not to split your efforts anymore than is necessary for the plot.

Elven Sex Goddess

My vote is to start with the same team.   Also agrees that it saves time.  An keeps the game from bogging down right out at the start.   Allows for a quicker pace to get into a mission scenario.   

Xanatos

What is this google-san you talk of Saerra?

Xanatos

Oh Kronos, I can play multiple characters if your needing/wanting NPC's along for the ride but are not sure you can handle them. I can handle many characters at a time. Just throwing it out there.

I was thinking I might come up with some info on the organization we work for, unless you already got that. I can also create races, planets, etc. Sci-fi is my fave setting, tied with of course fantasy.

Cassiopeia

You're just like a kid in a candy shop aren't you *smirks*

Goss

Would it be possible to jump into the game at a later point? I made it a habit to stick to one roleplay at a time.

Saerrael

Quote from: Xanatos on February 25, 2010, 11:26:09 PM
What is this google-san you talk of Saerra?

A pet name for Google, love.

Note ; I might add something to this at a later time.

Name: Aellae (Ale) Borislava
Race: Human, mostly. About 60% of Aellae's ancestors were humans. The other 40% consist of so many different alien races, one would take a while to cough up the whole list.
Sexuality: Straight as an arrow.

Description:
Standing a measly 5'2" (1m60cm), one would not expect this red haired bombshell to be able to lift a gun without breaking her back. One can not be more wrong. Growing up on space ships and stations might have stunted her growth, but her body is hardly frail. Voluptuous curves and neatly carved muscles decorate her frame in a way that spells trouble for those who dare appose her.
Bright green eyes speak of a mischievous nature and hint of intelligence she doesn't always wish to show.

Do to where she has spend her early youth, Aellae either dresses in her battlesuit or something that much resembles common spacesuits. Both suits are tight formed to the body, allowed the wearer maximum freedom of movement without taking up too much space.

Personality:
Aellae has the basic personality one requires to survive years and years of living in tight quarters.... not.
Though she has no problem in living in spaceships and stations, none really have found her to fit there, lacking a serenity and possessing an explosive passion for just about anything she does. Be it her love for the creation and use of explosives or her fondness for men, Aellae thrives as a burning power of energy. Locking her up with nothing to do would most probably break her spirit.

It's easy to see her as a tomboy, as Aellae has a tendency to hide her feminine and, in her eyes, fragile side. Most commonly, she hangs around with men, preferring even their friendship over that of women. It's no secret Aellae does not think highly of other women, especially those she calls weak beyond redemption ; women only concerned with with to wear and what nailpolish would suit their shoes.

Background:
Being born to a long line of spacetravelers and merchants between the planets, she's been everywhere and back, met every race at least twice, or at least thinks so.
Over time her bloodline has broken every rule in existence, thus labeling her and her kin as pirates.

Having a nack for chemistry, Aellae discovered at the tender age of 5 that she was more then able to blow up a large spacestation compartment with household products. Much to the shame of her parents, who previously rented the compartment...
Not being discouraged by their words, she found it to be an intersting enough hobby to study later in life and has fine tuned this ability to randomly blow things up that shouldn't be into blowing things up that should. ...though accidents still happen.

Aellae is rather green to the life of a mercenary, only having seen the fights between various spaceships and stations that were all too common in her past. Bored of tinkering and hobbying with her explosives 'at home', she decided to hire herself out, see what price she would fetch on the open market.

Special abilities:
In panic situations, Aellae is able to tap into otherwise latent psychokinetic abilities. These would manifest itself in a hastily drawn up shield to deflect missiles like bullets, or small movements of light objects up to 30 feet away from her.

Weapons:
Aside a wide collection of explosives and detonators in satchels, bags and pockets on a broad utility belt that hangs loosely around her waist, Aellae does carry weaponry of a more traditional type as well, though rather grabs a hand made bomb.
Even if her belt is more then isolated and none of the contents are easily removed, one would not wish to be near her with flameables due to it not looking all too save.

On her back she carries a one handed sword of unknown origin. As a present of her father, she has a hard time parting with it, even if it's not her weapon of choice by far.

In a sheate attached to her left outer thigh, Aellae carries her mothers blade, something of a mix between an large dagger and a very short sword.

On her back she has a rather bulky gun that is able to either shoot bullets or a limited amount of strong pulse energy (worth about 20 shots).
She got this as a parting gift when she left 'home'.

On her right outter thigh a few strips of throwing stars can be found. Aellae has, of course, tinkered with them and they explode on impact, able to blow a hole in someones head with an approximate diameter of three to five inches wide.

Xanatos

I  see, and nice pics Saerra.

Saerrael

Quote from: Xanatos on February 26, 2010, 09:17:36 PM
I  see, and nice pics Saerra.

Thank you. Feels like I'm missing a nice, small side arm, though *ponders*

Cassiopeia

I know what you mean ... I feel like I need a sword <.<