Pantheon: Celtic
Portfolio: Goddess of Fire and Prophecy
Apparent Age: 30
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Height: 5’6”
Weight: 120lbs
Hair color: Red
Eye color: Greyish Green
General Appearance: She prefers to dress in layers of clothing, hiding the gentle curves that her body has. Her hair comes down to her waist and is a mixture of thick waves and tangled curls. There is a smattering of freckles over her nose and her arms and shoulders. She often has two to three trinkets on chains around her neck. Always of gold.

Faceclaim: Eleanor Tomlinson

Origin and Background:
Origin
Brigid is one of five children of the God Dagda. She was often called a ‘woman of wisdom’ and was famous for her protecting care. Brigid was often thought to be one of three sisters all named Brigid. One of prophecy, one of healing and one as a smith. She was not one of three…but more she was all three. Her fire foretold events in the flicker of its flames, the flame often forged the greatest of weapons and the fire healed those who were ill and warmed their bones.

In her heavenly realm, she is said to have two oxen, Fea and Femen as well as many other domesticated animal-like entities. Her hearth was always open to those who needed to stave off the cold or gain safety from the darkness.

When the Christians came, they canonised her. She was gifted a new name and given new powers. Brigid would warm any who came to her, regardless of their faith. Her path never truly strayed from the old ways and she is often celebrated through the healing ritual of strips of cloth left wrapped around a branch.
Background
Brigid liked the roam the human world, moving from hearth to hearth, from fireplace to fireplace, and flickering candle to flickering candle. As the humans relied less and less on her fire to keep themselves warm, she found herself on solid ground. Searching for a new fire to stoke. She found it in the souls of the humans around her. Each one with their own burning flame that they fed or smothered.

Through some luck and a favour or two, she managed to bring her beloved oxen to earth in new forms. Beautiful pitbulls. Chunky and desperate for love. She kept their original names and adores them like none other.

Learning from others like her, she settled in cities. Starting small coffee stores and cafes. Warming every human who entered her threshold and gifting them what they needed to get them through the day. Brigid rarely stays in one place long but she has recently found herself in New York. Opening her small café in the corner of a quiet street, she has found herself more at home in this place than any other she has visited in a long time.

Godly Gifts:
Warm your bones: Her home is never cold. Her café is always toasty. Regardless of the temperature outside, she will always be warm. She can gift a small kiss of her heat to those desperately in need of it.

Cup o’ tea: With every cup of tea, mug of coffee and glass of water that she brings to a human, she sees a small glimpse of their day. The happiness that they bring to others, the nervousness of an upcoming interview or the sharp comments that spill from their lips stained with regret. With a simple swirl of the liquid, she can turn their tide. She can gift them a small warmth of confidence in their belly or burn their cheeks in embarrassment at their harsh words.

Spark: She has a reasonable control over fire. She can swell it and squash it. She can increase the temperature so it melts different materials, or she can make it have no heat at all.

Foresight: Her gift of prophecy has dwindled in past years. She can still see into the future of humans and witness a few days in advance for gods but she can no longer see the full picture. Aspects are missing or faces are smudged. She aids how she can but she worries that one day the power will be gone.

Skills and Talents: (Both from their time as gods and for their mortal guises)

• She is a skilled baker. Her café is often overflowing with bread, cupcakes and all other treats!
  • Since arriving in the human world,Bridget has developed the talent of reading someone. It helps that she often able to see a little further into their day but she can tell when someone is acting shifty, nervous or if they are scared.
  • It took many years to perfect it, but she can make a mean cup of coffee!

Immortal Equipment:
The teapot of Cerdiwen: A red clay teapot with some small markings around the base. The teapot can be used to brew coffee or tea. The teapot was moulded by Brigid after a cauldron she once knew. Any drink brewed in the teapot and consumed would imbue knowledge and wisdom to whoever drank of it.

Personality and Motivations:
Motherly in all sense of the word. She’ll welcome you with warm arms and a tender embrace but also whack you around the back of your head if you deserve it. She’s a very lively person. Quick to anger, quick to forgive. Gives the best advice this side of the heavens though hell mend you if you don’t take it.

Weaknesses and Flaws:
Firey rage: Yes, it is stereotypical, but the woman cannot control her temper. She can be petty, vindicative and outright mean on occasion. She is very easy to get a rise out of!

Judgement: It does not help that she can see small snippets of their future but she often judges humans and deities alike dependant on what she sees in their future. Even without the full story or greater context, she will make up her mind by what her powers have shown her.

Ons/Offs: See O/Os please.

Extras:

These are her babies!

Café Firefly

Please do say if I need to change anything :)

You know you want something like this, so check out Ama's graphic commissions!

WickedLittleWitch

himawari

TheFluffyOne & WickedLittleWitch - Accepted.

I'm slowly creating the threads now.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

WickedLittleWitch

himawari

Swashbuckler

Consider me quite interested!

Now to think of the right God......  🤔

Mellific

Interested! Now the hard part is going to be picking a goddess!

If I can, please reserve Hecate for me! 🥰

O/O | A/A | MM

Andronica

Quote from: Mellific on October 06, 2023, 08:50:31 AM

I was really hoping someone would go for her! This just seems so fitting~

LocusVonErich

Hey, sorry for the rough draft CS, I was gonna finish it and, what do you know, I come down with Covid.

RainyHigh

Heeeey, Mel, and Swash~

:-)

Quote from: Andronica on October 06, 2023, 10:26:04 AM
I was really hoping someone would go for her! This just seems so fitting~

That crown looks gorgeous~
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently NOT open for solo stories
Rainy's Scene Tracker

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: LocusVonErich on October 06, 2023, 04:10:52 PM
Hey, sorry for the rough draft CS, I was gonna finish it and, what do you know, I come down with Covid.

Aunt Rona paid me a visit not too long ago. Hopefully she only stays with you a lil' bit.

LocusVonErich

Quote from: Foxy DeVille on October 06, 2023, 09:53:21 PM
Aunt Rona paid me a visit not too long ago. Hopefully she only stays with you a lil' bit.

I’m through the worst of it, I’m just debating whether or not to finish what I started or trying to come up with something else.

himawari

Quote from: Mellific on October 06, 2023, 08:50:31 AM

MELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Quote from: Swashbuckler on October 06, 2023, 08:48:18 AM
Consider me quite interested!

Now to think of the right God......  🤔

*cough* hades *cough*

tbh, be whoever you want to be.

Quote from: LocusVonErich on October 06, 2023, 04:10:52 PM

All gucci. Take all the time needed.

LocusVonErich

Alright, I think I’ve got it where I want it.

Kuroneko

Well, I changed my mind on which god to choose, so I present to you ...

Osiris

Mortal Identity: Samir Farouk
Pantheon: Egyptian
Portfolio: God of the dead, the afterlife, fertility, agriculture, resurrection, life, and vegetation.
Apparent Age: Early 40’s
Occupation: Funeral Director / Mortician, owner of Abydos Funeral Services
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Height: 6’ 2”
Weight: 200
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Brown
General Appearance: Samir is a tall man with a lithe, muscular build, swarthy skin, and long, dark hair and a full beard. He has several hieroglyphic tattoos across his body, most notably the back of his hands, and encircling his collarbones.
Faceclaim: Nitin Chauhan

Origin and Background: My brother Set is a jealous and difficult God …

I was the eldest child of our parents, Geb and Nut, and my sister Isis and I had always been deeply in love, and destined to be wed. Set was jealous of both our love and my role as the first ruler of Egypt, and conspired to murder me. Deception was his strength, and that is how he tricked me. After I had reigned for 28 years, he held a banquet in my honor, and presented an ornate box covered in gold and jewels, promising it to whoever would fit inside it. Little did I know that he had acquired my measurements and had it built to their specification, so that only I would fit inside it. The moment I laid down inside it at his urging, seventy two of his followers rushed forward to nail down the lid and seal me inside what became the first sarcophagus. Set then threw it into the Nile, where I drowned. I drifted, for how long I know not, until my sweet wife found me and hid my body away. But Set was determined, and found my body when she was absent. Rather than burying me as I deserved, my brother cut my body into fourteen pieces, and scattered them all about Egypt. Isis, however, was even more determined. She found the pieces. All that is, but one. Reassembled, she used her powers to bring me back to life, but I could no longer remain in the land of the living. I had become the god of the dead, of rebirth, and the afterlife, never to return from the Underworld.

But, the passage of time has eased the bonds that once held me in the land of the dead. I found myself, unbidden, in this city. Here I do not judge the dead and send them on their way, to my realm or Ammit’s. My powers are less than they were, but I still see those that are not of this world, hear them, speak to them. I still know the measure of their souls. And here, I find that I can, from time to time, raise them up and bring them back to the land of the living, much like I once brought the Nile forth from its banks. Here I can immerse myself in the rituals of death and give comfort to the living.

Godly Gifts:

• Resurrection: Osiris can bring dead people, animals, and plants back to life.
  • Judgement: With a simple glance, Osiris is able to read and measure an individual’s soul, knowing the balance of their good and evil deeds.
  • Necromancy: Osiris can see, hear, and speak to the dead, gaining insight, receiving messages, and on occasion, getting them to do his bidding.

Skills and Talents:

• A wealth of patience - Millennia in the underworld has given Osiris the ability to wait for things to come to fruition.
  • Divination – his skills in augury are highly developed, and incredibly accurate. Bird augury is among his specialties. Perhaps because the dead whisper in his ear.
  • Embalming – Osiris is famously skilled in caring for the dead, preserving their bodies, and planning the rites for the celebration of their transition to the underworld. Abydos Funeral Services is highly respected for the skill and care it provides for their clients.

Immortal Equipment: The door to Farouk’s funeral home is flanked on either side by the djed, the ancient Egyptian symbol meaning ‘stability.’ It is a symbolic representation of Osiris’ backbone, and the gate to his realm in the underworld.

Personality and Motivations: Patient, resourceful, with a keen and intelligent mind, Osiris has a depth of emotion and sensitivity that extends towards those dealing with the difficulties presented by the upheaval of death in their lives. He is contemplative, thoughtful, and slow to anger, but can also appear distracted by deep matters. Those who live by the rules of the ma’at have his blessing and protection, and those who don’t receive little sympathy from him. 

Weaknesses and Flaws:

• Osiris is not a living god, having been killed and dismembered by his brother Set, and reassembled by his wife and sister Isis only to be condemned to the underworld. His presence in the world of the living is thin, and he is walking on borrowed time.

• Osiris is missing a crucial part of his body.
Ons/Offs: see players ons and offs.

Extras: TBD
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Swashbuckler

hima, reserve Ares for me with Joe Manganiello as the FC please?

I will work on get to working on his sheet ! 

Mellific

Hi, Hima, Rainy, & Andronica! And everyone else!

Can I ask to have Selena Gomez reserved for me please? I am working on my CS now. <3

O/O | A/A | MM

Mellific

Mortal Identity: Selene Ambrose
Pantheon: Greek Pantheon
Portfolio: Hecate means "worker from afar." She is goddess over witchcraft and magic and nectromancy
Apparent Age: Appears 30; Actually immortal
Occupation: Shop Owner - Witch City (a store of witchcraft and healing)

Height: 5'4
Weight: 120 lbs
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Caramel
General Appearance: Glowing skin, dark features, curves for days
Faceclaim: Selena Gomez

Origin and Background: Hecate was the chief goddess ruling over magic and spells. She is the only child to parents Perses and Asteria. It is said that she witnessed the abduction of Demeter’s daughter, Persephone, to the underworld and carried a torch in her hand to assist with the search for her. After the story reached the mortals, pillars called Hecataea were mounted at crossroads and doorways, perhaps to keep away evil spirits. Hecate was represented as single-formed, clad in a long robe, holding a burning torch in one hand and a sword or a key in the other. In later representations she was triple-formed, with three bodies standing back-to-back, perhaps so that she could look in all directions at once from the crossroads. She was accompanied by packs of barking dogs and sometimes was seen with a snake draped over her shoulders.

Though she spent much of her time with the other Greek gods, she was known to dwell in Thrace, a wild northern region of Greece known for its tales of Amazons. Because she felt at ease in the darkness and the wilds, she often wandered and found herself traveling quite a bit. Her modern form allowed her to dwell among the mortals, creating a storefront where she could use her powers and even sell them for profit. It helped her to feel useful to directly protect the mortals who called out to her for protection. She found her way to New York, where the city never sleeps and the magic never dies. Witches and witchcraft had become far more tolerated and accepted in recent years, which allow her to hide in plain sight. Her store, Lucky Witch, hosts tarot card readings, ghost hunting trips, seances, potion making, magic tricks, and the like.

Godly Gifts:

• Mystiokinesis - Also called reality-warping, which is the ability to cast and manipulate magic. As the mother of witches, Hecate is an all powerful spellcaster and can perofrm all types of magic. Her magical ability, though absolute, is stronger during the night.
  • Necromancy - She's called the goddess of crossroads. This comes from her depiction as a beautiful woman with three human heads, which gave her the ability or the power to see in all directions at once including being able to see all parts of the timeline: the past, present, and future. Using this ability, she can communicate with the dead and can search for those who are missing across all planes of existence.
  • Dream Manipulation - She has the ability to use sleep spells in order to manipulate dreams and sleep. As goddess of magic, she was able to see multiple futures, so it was said she could predict prophecies too. However, these will only come to her in her own dreams.

Skills and Talents:

• Intuition - She can use her intuitive abilities to read others futures and fortunes, guide them in life, and protect them from harm by means of tarot, palm reading, and prophecies which come to her in her dreams.
  • Cooking - She is skilled at concocting everything from food for consumption to potions for every imaginable purpose.
  • Man's Best Friend - Packs of dogs are sometimes seen with her, specifically in the wild, as if they wish to protect her.

Immortal Equipment: A wooden staff - It has the ability to turn into any physical thing (a weapon, an animal, etc).

Personality and Motivations: Wise | Introverted | Cunning | Sneaky | Controlling | Jealous | Secretive | Determined | Intense | Bewitching

Weaknesses and Flaws:

• Daytime - In the daylight, her powers and abilities still work, however they are weaker without the presence of the moon.
  • Moon phases - Depending on the phases of the moon, her moods may be influenced. The waxing and waning of the moons directly effect her, emotionally.
  • Magic blocks - There is at least one supernatural creature who can block all forms of magic, which makes him the ultimate enemy of Hecate. Most blocks are ineffective, though.

Ons/Offs: Mel's O/O. Please PM with specifics

Extras:
Lucky Witch

O/O | A/A | MM

Alleron

Behold!  A completed thunder god!

Mortal Identity: Gunnar Sigmund
Pantheon: Norse
Portfolio: Thunder, War, Strength, Fertility, Protection, Wrestling
Apparent Age: 40

Height: 6'6"
Weight: 330 lbs
Hair color: Brown with hints of grey
Eye color: Blue
General Appearance: People joke that Gunnar might as well be the model for the gyms he promotes.   Tall, solidly muscled, with long, wild hair and a thick beard, he looks like some sort of amalgamation of Viking, biker, and friendly grizzly bear...a description that's not entirely wrong.  He has large, rough, callused hands and keen eyes.  He tends to dress in jeans, band t-shirts, and a leather biker's Jacket with a rune-covered design that no one can link to any known Club.
Faceclaim: Ryan Hurst

Origin and Background: Born as one of Odin's sons, Thor was known early on for his immense strength, stubborn attitude, and his talent for rescuing others from Giants, then slaying them (the Giants, that is).  He became a celebrated hero to morals and Gods alike, always willing to take on the next Great Challenge.  Of course, it meant that developing other aspects of his personality took a much longer time.  It was really only through his marriage to the Goddess Sif that Thor was able to undergo some actual emotional growth, and be less of a well-intentioned howling barbarian at the gates and act more as a true hero.

When he and Sif traveled to Midgard, once belief in the Aesir started to wane, Thor was smart enough to stick to what he knew.  Sif, already his far better half, he left the business of, well, business.  He became a sort of wandering hero, riding the road on his bike, helping out where he could, leaving trails of battered bodies and well-deserved lessons in his wake.  During one of those trips, he had the brilliant idea of teaching others how to fight with Lausatok Glima, the ancient bare-handed and weaponed fighting arts of the Vikings.  Considering the example he was able to set for its effectiveness, it was only a few years until he was the quite successful owner of a chain of fighting gyms. 

Godly Gifts:
  • Godly Strength: Even among the Norse Gods, there were strong warriors, mighty warriors, and Thor.  He still posses that same shocking strength that once lifted the World Serpent and nearly wrestled Old Age to a draw.
    Electrokinesis: Thor still possesses his mastery of Thunder and Lightening
Skills and Talents:
  • In proud Aesir tradition, Thor would boast of his accomplishments before a battle.  That habit has made him a skilled public speaker.
  • Thor is a gifted hand-to-hand fighter.
  • Thor is a skilled motorcycle rider.
Immortal Equipment: Thor still possesses his legendary Giant-Smiting, Lightning-calling, ever-returning hammer, Mjolnir.

Personality and Motivations:
Thor will be the first to admit he's a simple man.  Not stupid, simply uncomplicated.  He cares about justice, doing the right thing, and helping those who can't help themselves (and deserve it).  He has a short temper when it comes to rudeness and assholes in general, though thankfully, he can laugh off a joke at his own expense these days.  He is brusque; never rude, but he vastly prefers to get to the point of any matter rather than dragging things out.  He loves a good party, and isn't afraid to burn the candle at both ends, though as a rule, he always makes time for his wife, and no force has yet manifested in any of the Nine Realms to make him give that time up.

Weaknesses and Flaws:
  • Thor's family comes first, always, whether his father, brothers, sisters, cousins, or especially his wife, Sif.
  • Thor cannot turn down a true challenge.  Smack-talk and boasting are one thing, but Thor is pathologically incapable of turning down a genuine challenge, no matter how simple, hard, or unnecessary.
  • Thor still subscribes to ancient tenets of Guest-Right, and must act as a perfect guest or host when invited somewhere.
Ons/Offs: Here!

Extras:

FyreFoxx

Planting an interest flag. This would be my first group game, so be patient with me? I had an interesting concept and wondered who I should PM about it?
 Current Status: CLOSED
 How To Stoke The Fyre (O/O) Updated Aug 19, 2023
 What does the Foxx say? (A/A) Updated Oct 1, 2023
 Den of Iniquity (World Building)

Alleron

As a general rule of thumb, go with the GM, in this case Himawari, unless it’s a concept particular to another character, then feel out that player first.

Swashbuckler

Mortal Identity: Arden Blake
Pantheon: Greek
Portfolio: God of War
Apparent Age: 46

Height: 6’5”
Weight: 235 pounds
Hair color: Black (grey)
Eye color: brown
General Appearance: Arden is a tall, extremely muscular man.  Arden has black, thick hair with grey peppering it throughout, and often sports a short, well trimmed beard.
Faceclaim: Joe Manganiello

Origin and Background: Ares is the son of Zeus and Hera, and the god of war and courage.  Representing the physical valor and bloodlust required for victory (in his opinion), Ares was rarely loved much by the other gods, or indeed many mortals (until they needed him), both finding preference for his sister Athena and her brand of strategic battle.  Unsurprisingly, Ares usually held many of the other gods in return contempt, but loved the brutish and cruel nature of mortals, particularly the Amazons, Spartans and Thracians, all of which paid him his due.

Many of the myths of Ares, spread well and truly by gods he imagined as afraid to face him, were set to humiliate or degrade him, but such things never bothered Ares much.  After all, war never goes away, and so neither would he.  Humans, and Gods, might bemoan his existence, right up until diplomacy failed and then suddenly everyone wants him on their side.  With war only growing larger as the centuries passed, Ares grew strong on the conflicts, even so far as world wars, even if men rarely spoke his name anymore.

It was after the end of WWII that Ares decided to leave Europe.  Things had grown very peaceful, or at least a quiet tension, and his bloodlust was sated for some time indeed.  Curious of the new world, Ares traveled overseas, trying out different lives and roles until at last he settled in New York.  It was the concept of the ‘concrete jungle” that drew him, and discovering the rough and tumble nature of the city, Ares knew he had found a home.

Deciding to blend, Ares joined the police force, finding a place for his outlook on mortals and enjoying their concept of authority.  A good beat cop, Arden as he went by now, fell victim to the peter principle, being promoted to detective after a few years.  Not much of an investigator, see his sister for that kind of thing, Arden nevertheless held his rank because he got results.  Sure, his methods were not something you’d put on a recruiting poster, but he got things done.

Godly Gifts:

Strength:  Ares is incredibly strong, even among the gods, as is fitting to his role.

Stamina:  Ares does not grow tired or fatigued for quite some time, being able to exert himself or put off sleep for days if he wished.

Incite Bloodlust:  A gift, and a curse, when Ares is lost in his own bloodlust, he can draw mortals around him into the same state, often making a bad situation worse.

Skills and Talents:

Personal combat: Ares is a consummate warrior.  When it comes to forms of injuring or killing, Ares is the best.  Sadly, many of his skills like horsemanship, swordsmanship, spear wielding, don’t apply to today's society, but Ares is a crack shot with a gun, and well, punching is still punching.  He is in fact an excellent boxer, and enjoys it as his favorite form of exercise.

Intimidation:  Ares carries a threat of imminent violence with him wherever he goes.  When he lays down a threat, you can tell he means it, and is more than willing to carry it out.

Immortal Equipment: Sword of Ares - Although common pictured with a spear in ancient times, Ares came to prefer the sword and carries a crude but wickedly sharp and flaming version of the weapon, whose burning wounds are exceedingly difficult to heal.  Ares always keeps this on him, disguised as a collapsing baton.

Personality and Motivations:   Arrogant, brutish, temperamental, cold when he isn’t angry, jealous and dismissive.  Ares can also be honorable (he keeps his word), loyal, and courageous. 

Weaknesses and Flaws:

Quick to anger:  Ares has a legendary temper, and it very rarely expresses itself in non-destructive ways.

Bloodlust: Ares has a tight, but wavering control on his violent nature.  He craves challenge and combat, and if he goes too long without it, he will grow more and more irritable until he makes it happen, or finds a release.  When this happens, Ares can lose control, flying into a battle rage with little (to no) difference between friend or foe.

Ons/Offs: Here, PM with questions

Extras:
More Photos

himawari

Swashbuckler, Alleron and Mellific - WELCOME TO GODS OF NYC

You can head over to OOC to make connections, say hi and settle in. :D

Quote from: FyreFoxx on October 07, 2023, 11:16:21 AM
Planting an interest flag. This would be my first group game, so be patient with me? I had an interesting concept and wondered who I should PM about it?
Quote from: Alleron on October 07, 2023, 11:20:09 AM
As a general rule of thumb, go with the GM, in this case Himawari, unless it’s a concept particular to another character, then feel out that player first.

What Alleron said. As long as it doesn't change the RP settings i.e: let's gather the gods to destroy NYC or let's have a giant orgy party... AND as long as it doesn't offend any of the authors in the RP...I would possibly give a green light to it.
You can make connections with characters via PMs.  XD