A Dynasty of Games - Closed for Recruitment

Started by BruceTheCat, August 06, 2016, 07:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgameshian

Out of curiosity, a "Reborn" character would be a character from the world with the powers passed down to them of a protagonist. In that case would the "Home World Information" be about where the powers came from or something else. Since I'm considering making a Reborn Archer (from Fate/Extra) as my character.

I was thinking maybe he would be from the Fateverse and when Archer died he got pulled into the Dynasty world. But I dunno exactly how you want that to go. Just askin'
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

BruceTheCat

A Reborn character is basically a means for you guys to create OC with the power set of a existing character that you really like. The Home World information would be relatively similar, some interesting information about the video game that your character is from to help inform anyone who isn't familiar with it.

The History section is where you can explain how you ended up getting the powers passed down to you from the original owner. You would need to have been someone important to that person, in most cases, to inherit their abilities. Alternatively (off the top of my head) you could even say that you were a soldier in some Dynasty lab where they were extracting powers from their captives. You ended up being the subject that received the powers from the captured Archer. After that experience you realized how awful the Dynasty is, and decided to make a run for it.

Does that answer your question?
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

la dame en noir

Quote from: Lustful Bride on August 07, 2016, 02:47:03 PM
YAY *so excited* Lets make this a party!

*Crosses fingers for La Dame to join us*
lol, why me?
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Lustful Bride

Quote from: la dame en noir on August 07, 2016, 03:19:23 PM
lol, why me?

Because you are awesome, fun and I would enjoy writing a story alongside you :P

Diesel Heart

Let's see what happens.  Faith may make a return, or I might drop in something random.

You have my interest for now and I am currently working on the character sheet.

Rel Mayer

Not my best sheet, but it's done. I'll spruce it up later, but these are the basics of the powers and history that I want her to have.

Level 1

Current Occupation: Mechanic

Home World Information: The Overwatch world is currently part of the Dynasty. The White Knight resistance is currently not present in the world, as they are heavy supporters of the Dynasty.

Appearance/Style Description: D.va is a petite woman, but she's got a lot of personality packed into her small frame. She has chestnut brown hair that she likes to leave down, and bangs that somehow stay perfectly straight no matter what she's doing. Usually she likes to wear her skin-tight light blue suit that she personalizes with her favorite people, places, and things down the side of her toned thighs. She almost always wears a headset around her ears that she can use to communicate with her armored suit or other members of the crew. She also can almost always be seen with whiskers decorating her checks, and heavy cat-eye eyeliner for make-up.

Other than that, she doesn't change her outfit very often. Maybe for special occasions she may pull out a special dress, but her suit is way too versatile to not use and abuse every single day.

Sexuality: Pansexual. It's rumored that D.va has a thing for robots.

Personality: D.va has a heavy case of sass mouth. She's impulsive and extremely playful. She will play to win at all costs with a chipper and snarky smile on her face. Almost everything is a game to this young woman, and that is a huge driver in her motivations and goals. She loves a challenge, but she also loves being the best. Like no one ever was...

A lot of people would argue that her motivations aren't very deep and rather shallow, but the truth is that D.va hasn't been around long enough to find any drivers that aren't superficial or related to instant gratification. There are still particular traits that lead her toward a more mature personality, including loyalty and the ambition to do something good in the world.

But that is if she can take it seriously for more than a few minutes.

History: D.va worked alongside the Overwatch community to fight against the Dynasty taking over, but once the Dynasty did she felt a bit out of place. They limited the type of experiments that she was allowed to do, and eventually D.va became frustrated with the lack of creation and competition. She also hated how they would no longer let her stream her battles and competitions! With a dwindling fanbase, she became rather upset. Feeling as if she was still very young and could amount to so much more. Eventually she left the Overwatch world to pursue a different community. Something far away from the clutches of the Resistance.

Current Situation: D.va has been doing odd jobs around various communities as a mechanic just to get by. She also participates in anything competitive that she can. Including video game competitions and sports (when she can!) But at the end of the day she loves getting her hands on mechs (or anything robotic) so she can upgrade it and do experiments that the Dynasty would usually frown upon.

Currently she continues to take in odd jobs on random ships to have the ability to travel to a place that is caters toward the person she wants to be, and that gives her the creative freedom to do what she wants to do.

Weapon: D.va has a bright pink MEKA unit that she prefers to fight with, but she can also fight without it! Usually she prefers to use guns that she can modify to do whatever she wants. Currently she takes normal weapons and modifies them to do very different things. Right now she prefers to use a gun, but it may shoot lasers one day, and gum balls the next day. It's endless what sort of modifications she can do.

(What I'm thinking here is that she has a blaster that she can make modifications to. Also that she can kinda create weapons that the crew can use. The same goes with her suit. Basically, since the modifications can be endless, I leave it up to the GM to decide how powerful they may be.)

Special Powers:

I'm good with my hands - D.va quite enjoys working on anything that is robotic. She's quite good in the science field and can create various things to help herself and her crewmates.

I will win! - D.va can go into an overdrive mode that is induced by energy drinks and junk food. These spurts can only last a few minutes, but she gets extra concentration and precision.

Strengths: This can be anything, related or not related to your character's fighting abilities. My recommendation would be to pick 2 things that make you a badass Protagonist, and 2 things that are not related to combat.

Competitive - She wants to win almost anything and everything that she can.

That Meka Tho - She has a lot of stamina when she's in her Meka unit.

Shake it Off - D.va doesn't take things very seriously when they're not related to competition.

Prankster - Any chance she gets, she will take the opportunity to make a playful joke out of it.

Weaknesses:

Useless without technology
Hates losing
Immature

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Diesel Heart

Lustful Bride

BruceTheCat

“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Diesel Heart

Lustful Bride

FarFetched

Scene going on in my head.

XD Seriously though, either that la-dame goes with is fine by me.

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Lustful Bride on August 07, 2016, 04:27:19 PM
What? Wanna Fight about it? :P hehe.

... No.  I don't want to be nursing booboos for another 3 months like last time, you viscous and lustful bride you.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: WardenIce on August 07, 2016, 04:30:05 PM
... No.  I don't want to be nursing booboos for another 3 months like last time, you viscous and lustful bride you.

Yay ^3^ *puts bandaids on all the booboos* :P

Angie

I think I may just reuse Kristen, actually. Just change her situation to be coming to Riften-still cut off from her backup and support, but at least not about to be executed.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

scribus1000

Fun fact: The below sheet was something I already wrote months ago, and was saving as a gpaw reserve, lol

I was thinking about bringing out Haruko, but she might be...eh...too off-kilter for this. Anyway, here we go.

Vi

Vi, The Piltover Enforcer

Level One Enforcer

Current Occupation: Vi serves as an officer of Piltover.

Home World Information: Vi comes from a world known as Runeterra, specifically the super-continent of Valoran. Once plauged by war on a massive, destructive scale, a organization was formed in order to resolve conflicts--for additional wars could have led the world itself to complete instability. This organization is known as the League of Legends. Summoners with differing political allegiances would call upon a champion to compete on their behalf within specific arenas. Vi is one such champion, out of over one hundred to select from, and the number of champions ready to answer the call still grows.

Appearance: Outside of combat, Vi generally dresses casual, much like the people around her. She is not overly committed to any specific fashion sense, however she is fond of clever graphic tees, jeans, other garments of that particular kind. She is very rarely seen without her massive gauntlets, and when she's not wearing them, she's probably working on them. In combat, she usually wears a recognizable, signature mishmash of armor and uniform. Although this may change depending on the variant she chooses.

"VI" is tattooed on her left cheek, and "6" is tattooed on her left breast.

Sexuality: Vi is pansexual; while she leans towards males, her preferences are not set in stone.

Personality: Vi is quite the character--brash, cocky, sometimes abrasive, and never without some crass sense of wisecracking humor, it's fair to say that the charisma isn't exactly befitting of a good cop. Vi isn't even likely to accept direct orders. But as the Piltover Enforcer, she does know about what the job takes, and her heart's in the right place--bashing on criminals and doing her best to protect the innocent. In a sense...she follows rules more like Batman than an actual police officer.

She is also much more intelligent than she'd seem to let on. After all, those Hextech gauntlets had to come from somewhere...and someone has got to be constantly tweaking them, improving them. Being able to heft them and wield them effectively is a whole 'nother ball game...and Vi has it down to a perfect science.

History:

*Excerpt from the League of Legends Wikia:*

As a child growing up in the lawless outskirts of Piltover, Vi learned to rob and cheat to get by. Stealing and stripping hextech hardware gave her the skills of a master mechanic, while life on the streets taught her self-reliance. When she was six, a ragtag group of criminals took a shine to the young delinquent and brought her into their fold. By the time Vi was eleven, she had become a seasoned accomplice, and she relished the thrill of every heist.

Vi's attitude changed when a raid on a mining facility went bad. She was forced to decide between fleeing with her crew or trying to save the innocent mine workers from a collapsed tunnel. Vi chose to play the hero. While searching for a way to free the mine workers from the rubble, she discovered a damaged robotic mining rig. Improvising, she wrenched off its huge fists and modified them into makeshift hextech gauntlets. Fitting the heavy weapons to her tiny hands, the young girl flexed her arm and threw a powered punch at the rubble. The force of the blow blasted away the rock. With the workers free to escape, Vi fled the scene.

After that job gone wrong, Vi severed her connection to the crew. She returned to a life of solitary crime, but stole only from other criminals. As the years went by, Vi modified and improved her hextech fists, allowing her to bust up heists and snatch loot with ease. Eventually, word of her notoriety reached Caitlyn, the famed Sheriff of Piltover. Rather than seek Vi's arrest, Caitlyn offered the criminal a way to pay her debt to society: work for the law in Piltover. Vi laughed. To her, a job that let her beat up crooks without forcing her to run from the cops sounded perfect. She immediately accepted. Caitlyn now struggles to keep Vi in line, and Vi treats Caitlyn's orders as mere suggestions, but when they work together, they are feared by all lawbreakers in Piltover.

Current Situation:

Vi's interactions with other game worlds have been mild, at best; She's had to track down criminals who world-hop in an attempt to escape Piltover laws. On many of these occasions, Piltover's Police force lacked any jurisdiction to send in units...but what do you know, Vi is never fond of following orders, even with enough brass up her ass for her to start playing the anthem. So all it takes is a bit of roaming, following faint trails, roughing up the populace of the day and disrupting businesses until the shady organizations in power recognize her, come forward and ask what the fuck it was Vi wanted, motherfucker--And sometime after that, she mysteriously ends up with the info to waltz into her perp's supposedly untraceable hideout.

As the Dynasty came to power, Vi was initially in favor of it in the Champions' greatest time of need. But somewhere along the line, that power's purpose became twisted. Demands from the Dynasty came down for the vast magics and weapons that once turned Valoran into a near-apocalypse with the Rune Wars. Naturally, Vi opposed this, even with how little her opinion seemed to matter on the topic. Rather than obey Caitlyn, or her other, higher superiors, or the collective will of her own Homeworld, Vi went and did Vi things on a rebellious impulse.

There is a skinny, maniacal, murderous and hyper-destructive woman constantly visiting Piltover to rain her special brand of fun upon them. That vandal's name was Jinx, and as much as Vi despised her, she made for a convenient cover--when a cache of hextech and other rune magic tools and weapons were set to ship offworld, to the Dynasty, the Enforcer herself came in undetected, set bombs in the crates on board the assigned star-ship, and detonated all of it. Tons of valuable, lethal and powerful weaponry went up in smoke and blue fire, and Vi begrudgingly blamed this on the resident psychotic that no one would think twice about.

Her conscience remained hurt, but satisfied in feeling that justice, real justice, was served, albeit in a dishonest way. This was something she felt most of the others didn't figure out; sometimes the right thing isn't always written in a law somewhere. That small comfort lasted for all of about two weeks, until the next shipment went out unchallenged, and the one after, and the one after... There were only so many moves she could make before someone would catch on, and the fact that every person present on the first cache was miraculously unharmed, or merely knocked unconscious, wasn't a detail the police would overlook.

It was a one-time stunt she told no one about, not even her partner and superior Caitlyn, who likely might have agreed with her. But it wasn't enough to stop this, and she knew that somewhere this technology and magic would be used for pointless slaughter. She needed to take her efforts further.

Weapon(s): Vi's primary source of damage-dealing hurt comes from her heavily-modified pair of Hextech gauntlets. Capable of inflicting bone-breaking blows upon her foes, as well as the selection of abilities that come with the gauntlets themselves, Vi is dangerous to enemies whether in a one-on-one scenario or in a group, and she is never someone to be taken lightly in any case. There is also a module on her back that triggers a shield in tandem with her abilities.

Additionally, there are a multitude of items from her world that are held in a limited, 7-slot hammerspace capacity. These items generally help with modifying her potential, whether for damage, attack speed, health regeneration, max health, etc. Depending on the setup, Vi can either function as a tanky sort that soaks damage, or more bruiser-sort that dishes it out, and so on. (Vi currently does not have any items)

However, despite this, Vi doesn't always choose her tools solely for her own preference--often times, her choice can and will depend on the composition of her own team.

"I'll let my hands do the talking..."

Special Powers: Vi's abilities from her world are the below. Notably, she is aware that the effectiveness of her kit can or will vary when compared to other worlds.

Blast Shield (Passive): Any activated ability that strikes an opponent will trigger this--Vi temporarily gains a shield that absorbs a minor amount of damage. The shield will not last long even if it's not fully expended (i.e. drained by enemy attacks), but it also has a short recharge time.

Vault Breaker: Upon first cast, Vi begins channeling in order to power up this attack. She can still move, but cannot attack or use other abilities, and she is slightly slower than usual.

When the ability is executed, Vi dashes forward, knocking aside smaller enemies and damaging them, but stopping upon impact with any significant foe (in League context, this would be another champion). This foe may get knocked backwards, off their feet. All opponents struck will gain a stack of the Denting Blows debuff.

Denting Blows: This ability is passive--every blow inflicts a stack of this debuff. Vi's gauntlets are notorious in the League for ruining the armor of her opponents; On an enemy that receives three stacks, that enemy will suffer additional damage, while Vi's attack speed increases for a short time.

This will not trigger Blast Shield.

Excessive Force: Passively, Vi stores a charge in her gauntlets every few seconds, though she only can store a max of 2 at once.

When actively triggered, Vi spends a charge to add range to her next attack. Upon hitting a target, she will deal extra damage and send out a shockwave that harms other foes in a cone behind the original target. The first target will gain a stack of Denting Blows--the enemies behind him will not. It's useful for damaging larger enemies who dawdle behind smaller ones.

Assault and Battery (Once per fight limit): When cast, Vi will target a specific enemy within range and chase it down--very few things will stop this charge, as during it, Vi is mostly immune to any ability that would stun, paralyze, slow, or otherwise affect her odds of landing the attack. She will also knock aside other enemies in her way and deal partial damage to them, although she can still be targeted and killed, and shields can block the attack from landing. Also, enemies with an ability that grants invulnerability, or prevents them from being targeted, can avoid the attack entirely (fuck you, Fizz).

Upon reaching her target, Vi launches it airborne with a powerful uppercut, pursues and slams it back into the ground, leaving it vulnerable to follow-up attacks and skills.

This ability does not apply Denting Blows.

Strengths:

• Deceptively skilled/intelligent: Putting aside the appearance that might have you think otherwise, there is a clear reason for those gauntlets to exist. She is an excellent mechanic, self-sufficient and hasn't yet forgotten what the time spent in her childhood has taught her.

• Has a heart: She may be eager to bring down the hurt at the drop of a hat, but she is still more friendly than she lets on. Given a choice between greed and saving lives, she chose people the first time, and has been doing so ever since. The only person she feels like killing is a certain scrawny-ass, blue-haired maniac...

• Raw strength: She's not skin and bones, and somehow those gauntlets have to be lifted, even if Hextech and rune magic take out most of the hard work. They make the rest of her frame look tiny by comparison.

Weaknesses:

• Close-combat focused: as much as she is aware of the weakness against ranged attack, and the countermeasures for it, she's still a pair of giant fists versus whatever gun is aimed her way.

• Mana dependent: Her active abilities require a common magic resource known as mana, as a sort of fuel for each of her powers. Run too low, and she cannot use those abilities. However, mana does regenerate over time.

• Disobedient: She's not 100% guaranteed to follow the orders given to her. If it's something she doesn't agree with, there's likely to be some conflict.

• Blunt: Vi likes to handle most problems head on. Where others might skirt around issues, or beat around the bush, you can expect to see Vi hammering away at the front. Unless the solution is clearly to approach from the side, it's the first tactic she'll think of using.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

BruceTheCat

Your sheet looks great Scrib! Can you add a bit in to the history that explains her feelings and opinion toward the Dynasty? Since the beginning of the game will have characters seeking out an agent of the White Knights.
- scribus1000

scribus1000

Quote from: Red Lobster on August 07, 2016, 05:41:52 PM
Your sheet looks great Scrib! Can you add a bit in to the history that explains her feelings and opinion toward the Dynasty? Since the beginning of the game will have characters seeking out an agent of the White Knights.

I'll add it later today and shall holla at you when I do

Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

la dame en noir

I want to join, but it looks like it might be over run with female characters. If thats the case, I'll drop out. I don't want to make things awkward lol.
A&A | FxF |

Rel Mayer

We can always recruit more d00ds.

Edit: and lots of us enjoy fxf scenes, but I understand now having the whole squad full of women and harem theme going on.

scribus1000

I have a male character prewritten too, if I had been aware of the female-male ratio I would have picked him first. I just picked Vi because I like punching things lol

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Rel Mayer on August 07, 2016, 06:12:40 PM
We can always recruit more d00ds.

Edit: and lots of us enjoy fxf scenes, but I understand now having the whole squad full of women and harem theme going on.

^^^^^
This. :P

Rel Mayer

Quote from: scribus1000 on August 07, 2016, 06:14:21 PM
I have a male character prewritten too, if I had been aware of the female-male ratio I would have picked him first. I just picked Vi because I like punching things lol

I have honestly never seen you play a male and I'm intrigued. But people should play what they wanna play.

la dame en noir

Well, it doesn't matter to me either way. My character will most likely being a lesbian lol

I just didn't want to make things awkward.
A&A | FxF |