Ress loss on wiki img? SOLVED

Started by Saerrael, September 05, 2012, 10:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saerrael

Is it me or did my signature bar lose ress?

Hosted on photobucket;

Autumn Sativus

You're correct. All images hosted on the wiki are converted to .jpg images. .png images do have a better resolution, so it is lost when you upload it.

You can upload your avatar directly from your computer to avoid the issue, but it can't be helped for the sig images.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Saerrael

Ah, darn it..
Thank you for the answer, though *smiles*

Autumn Sativus

:-) You're welcome. I'm not sure it would help but you might be able to save the image on your computer as a high resolution .jpg and then upload it without the conversion resolution loss.
Us against the world

Saerrael

I'm trying that now :)

I'll post again, here, to show the result.

Edit:
It still looks different, but a lot better than it looked before. *grins*

Wistful Dream

That odd... I upload PNGs all the time and they stay as PNGs. At least I think they do, anything that has a invisible background if it was converted to a JPG would then have a background, no?

Saerrael

The background remained invisible, the image just went very fuzzy.

Avis habilis

Quote from: Wistful Dream on September 05, 2012, 11:34:53 PM
That odd... I upload PNGs all the time and they stay as PNGs. At least I think they do, anything that has a invisible background if it was converted to a JPG would then have a background, no?

It would. There's no transparency in JPGs. Did the extension stay the same when you looked at it afterward?

Wistful Dream

Yup. Just odd. It works for me so I guess that's all that matters in the end :)

Saerrael

I'm still having problems. And I found something odd.

Photobucket;

[img width=500 height=63]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/e/ee/Saerrasignbar09072012.jpg[/img]
I didn't write that resizing code in there, and I can't remove it, either. When I do, it's back after I saved.

Autumn Sativus

If I recall correctly, there's a 500px width maximum restriction in place, so that might be why it's auto-resizing it. (If it's over 500px wide.)

Edit: Yeah, the size is 504x64 on the first one, so it's probably just being automatically adjusted to fit the max.
Us against the world

Saerrael

Quote from: Saffron on September 06, 2012, 05:25:17 PM
If I recall correctly, there's a 500px width maximum restriction in place, so that might be why it's auto-resizing it. (If it's over 500px wide.)

Edit: Yeah, the size is 504x64 on the first one, so it's probably just being automatically adjusted to fit the max.

Why the hight change, though? If just one dimension gets changed, the image wouldn't distort like this.
And I thought I made it smaller. Odd. Will go back to the drawing board, then. *laughs*

Autumn Sativus

I think it's to ensure the image doesn't get stretched one way or the other, the whole thing is readjusted to avoid warping.
Us against the world

Saerrael

Quote from: Saffron on September 06, 2012, 05:28:57 PM
I think it's to ensure the image doesn't get stretched one way or the other, the whole thing is readjusted to avoid warping.

It did, that was the problem.

And it worked! ^^
Stupid program, hiding the dimension changes when working on it...
Thank you, Saffron.