Evil Heroes D&D 5e Interest Check[Closed]

Started by Togashi, April 26, 2016, 05:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Togashi

Oh! Crap, thank you Zaer, I forgot about stats. I am going to give everyone a choice. You can take the 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, and 8(pre-racial boosts) or you can spend 28 points and buy in.

TheHangedOne

Suffering the Tiefling Monk
What the party knows
Suffering is a very worthy name for this Tiefling, for he both accepts and metes it out with equal relish. A follower of Loviatar, The Maiden of Pain, though not a member of her clergy, he espouses most of the common tenets of her faith; that to suffer is to live, that one must endure such suffering and return it to the ones who have bestowed it upon you.

He rarely will kill himself, although followers of Ilmater will almost always be put to death; often through excruciatingly cruel means (burnt at a pyre, dissolved in a vat of acid, drowned in a pool of water, being exsanguinated while forced to drink their own blood, etc), though he has never stopped other members of the party from indulging in killing. He also has shown no qualms about inflicting grievous bodily and mental harm on others, pointing out, again, that suffering is a part of life, and that if his victims were strong enough, A) they would not be victims, or B) they would be able to return the suffering upon him (which he actually encourages).

He prefers to lead the group, yet, he won't bother to butt heads when someone else wants to take the lead role, being willing to follow along in a more subservient role.

Ironically, he is quite good at healing, and doesn't 'charge' anything to patch up other members of the group; all he'll say is that "Get up. You haven't suffered enough yet", without fail, those exact same words.

In combat, he can be a terrifying foe, as he takes rapturous joy in both inflicting and receiving pain, and his maddening cackles may have given a false perception of a man teetering on the brink of madness; yet, for a seeming 'mad man', he is nothing if not consistent, precise, and dedicated.

Suffering's Code

Bring excruciating death to the followers of Ilmater; let the weeping god cry for his fallen followers.
Do not kill those who can learn and grow from the suffering inflicted upon them.
Do not kill those who would rot and decay from the suffering inflicted upon them; to do so is to end their suffering, and this displeases Loviatar.
It is alright to heal others, but only when they have reached the point of senselessness, for once one has lost reasoning, one has lost the capacity to learn from one's suffering.
When suffering has been inflicted on one's self, one should use it as motivation for growth; one should also enjoy the pain, for pain is inescapable.
When suffering has been inflicted on one's self, one should seek to return the favor at the earliest opportunity. After all, one should always repay one's debts.
The strong shall rule over the weak; this is the law of nature, a law that supersedes all of the laws of all races, The One True Law. When one is strong, one shall freely use the weak. When one is weak, one shall accept the lot given to them by the strong.
Challenging the strong is the right of the weak, for the world is not stagnant, and the weak do not always remain so.
For the strong to refuse the challenge of the weak is to admit to weakness themselves.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

RubySlippers

The party needs some kind of goal I think, something evil characters would need each other for, so how about becoming gods well a god or goddess and the rest riding the others coat tails getting a divine wish each which could be almost anything within reason. And even a CE scumbag might like that, NE would be happy to play along and LE it would depend on the deal struck before we run around being all evil. And their is precedence in DnD Canon in the Forgotten Realms didn't Bane ascend that way?

Togashi

The Dead Three, yes. Bane the Tyrant, Bhaal the Assassin and Myrkul the Necromancer. They fought their way to the God of Death, who had grown weary of his life as a god. The three split the portfolio of the god of Death, Bane taking Tyranny so he could rule forever. Myrkul taking Death because all things die even gods. Bhaal took Murder so that both must pay homage to him because by his hand would Bane's Kingdom fall, or he could starve Myrkul's kingdom of death by staying his blade.

I have some ideas. Maybe you're out to capture the powers of the Gods. Maybe you want to found an unbeatable mercenary brigade, or establish a kingdom somewhere and rule it with an iron fist. There are countless things you can all unite for.

RubySlippers

Sculla Nerull
Half-orc Cleric 3/Wizard 2

She is a work in progress but will likely progress equally in both classes.

AndyZ

Ruby, since we already have someone playing a sorceress and someone playing a warlock, any chance you want to plug up some of the other spots instead?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Togashi

Warlock, Monk, Sorceress, so far. The party could use a tank and healer, but make whatever you guys want.

RubySlippers

Oh ,did I put Warlock how silly of me, I meant Cleric 3 / + another class of my choosing. I'm easy going.  ;D

Togashi

Which means you probably want the Cleric to be on your side. I don't know if we should give Ruby such power... She might abuse it and make you all do very naughty things on her whim. Not that it's a bad thing. ^.^

caelcormac

I was also thinking about a cleric, but a full 20 one, but since I was thinking war or tempest I could easily switch to a Pally and go full on tank. Hey Ruby, any thoughts on the kind of God you worship? We could be in the same church, perhaps with me as your guardian.

RubySlippers

I found a Death Domain, it would be good for a solo class, and let her do Necromantic spells as rituals later on very handy for doing very powerful magic later on from the Wizard spell list. I'm not sure if its official however.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetOGtnckFIc1hRYTQ/view?pref=2&pli=1

I still would like to Multiclass though.

I don't min/max but do like builds that are interesting.

She wants to be an undead so likely any church with a focus on undeath and using it to be immortal even if she must serve after becoming one for awhile before she can lead. Not a Lich she likely won't be that good but a vampire could be a nice goal once you kill her master she will ascend to a full vampire in her own right.

AndyZ

Considering this picture, though I have no idea who the character is.

Speaking from personal experience, I'd much rather we had a healer who was focused on the single class.  If we get to high enough levels where we need higher level spells to get patched up, we don't want to be at the beck and call of good-aligned temples to make it happen.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Togashi

Probably Orcus, as your god.

The Death Domain is an official domain but that's not the version they ended up using. In the GM's Guide on page 96 it lists

Death Domain.

Domain Spells:
1st: False Life, Ray of Sickness.
3rd: Blindness/Deafness, Ray of enfeeblement
5th: Animate Dead, Vampiric Touch
7th: Blight, Death Ward
9th: Antilife Shell, Cloudkill

Bonus Proficiency: When Clerics chooses this domain at 1st level, they gain proficiency with martial weapons.

Reaper: at 2st level, the cleric learns one necromancy cantrip of his or her choice from any spell list. When the cleric casts a necromancy cantrip that normally targets only one creature, the spell can instead target two creatures within range and within 5 feet of each other.

Channel Divinity: Touch of Death. Starting at 2nd level, the cleric can use Channel Divinity to destroy another creature's life force by touch. When the cleric hits a creature with a melee attack, the cleric can use Channel Divinity to deal extra Necrotic Damage to the target. The extra damage equals 5 + 2xCleric Level

Inescapable Destruction: Starting at 6th level, the Cleric's ability to channel negative energy becomes more potent. Necrotic Damage dealt by the character's cleric spells and Channel Divinity options ignore resistance to Necrotic Damage.

Divine Strike: At 8th level, the Cleric gains the ability to infuse his or her weapon strikes with necrotic energy. Once on each of the Clerics terns when he or she hits a creature with a weapon attack, the cleric can cause the attack to deal an extra 1d8 necrotic damage to the target. This increases to 2d8 at 14th level.

Improved Reaper: Starting at 17th level, when the Cleric casts a Necromancy Spell of 1st through 5th level, that targets only one creature, the spell can instead target two creatures within range and within 5 feet of each other. If the spell consumes its material components, the cleric must provide them for each target.

Chulanowa

Now that I have my books handy, I can start working on a fighter-type. Like it was mentioned, we need a Donk-type character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC6E3j8ddS8

TheHangedOne

Well, at least early on, my monk can do as healer in a pinch (at least between battles). Medicine is actually one of his tagged skills, and does fit in with him being a Loviatan, as mentioned with what he does/says when patching people up. But a combat healer would be a nice investment.

As for goals, I like the idea of forming a mercenary company. I could also see aiming for divinity, especially if there is a chance to kill Ilmater, and for Suffering to ascend... not necessarily as a god, but maybe becoming something far more than what he is, being chosen by his patron goddess.

More on Loviatar can be read here: http://www.nj-pbem.com/data/Gods/humangods/Loviatar.htm

For those who are curious. Suffering doesn't proselytize very much or anything, but if people were curious, he is pretty cut and dry about explaining who he worships. As for why he worships her, his explanation would just be the cryptic "It makes sense". For those wanting to know more, well, Tieflings don't always get treated that well; let's just say Suffering has many reasons to bear that name.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

RubySlippers

Okay decided on a 5th Level Half-orc Cleric of Myrkul and will take logically the Death Domain.

Yes she will have some healing spells after all she is a master of death but that can be stayed at bay for those useful to her and her patrons cause.  >:)

And Suffering, Loviatar serves allies to her divine patron so will be treated favorably as would followers of Bane and his servants after all they gained divine powers largely together and it keeps things simple. So when picking patrons it would help if your on friendly divine terms in such relationships.

Alignment for my character will likely be NE since extremes are bad in life and unlife.

Togashi

Zaer Darkwail

Depending on gaming world the Myrkul is deceased god (it was replaced later on by Kelemvor). Orcus is most ideal and makes you truly evil cleric as you worship a demon lord. Also do keep in mind that if you multiclass you do not get 4th level attribute/feats unless you have class levels to get them.

Edit; AndyZ I think she would fit as fire specialized wizard (evoker) or sorceress with fire spells :)

RubySlippers

5th Edition in the realms he is back and a major divine power, he is the god of the dead not of death (there is a fine distinction) and if another player can oppose Ilmater and have Loviatar I should be able to have the Greater God of the Dead regardless of the setting. Anyway CE isn't an alignment I care to play its easier to be NE they will work with others and prefer more stable allies than ,er, Demon Lords. And I'm just going to be a Cleric.

VenatorBC26

I've started playing D&D 5E a bit ago, and I have ...dark stirrings...

Can I play?

Phaia

Is there still openings?

I do have a couple of questions as well.
Are you allowing the optional Feat feature? For humans at start as well?

I have two concepts in mind. A ranger/beast master/Bounty hunter or an assassin rogue. I am not sure yet which will prevail they may have to fight it out as good evils would.  ;D

Phaia

Togashi

I guess there's enough space for 2 nore. Yes I am allowing the Human Variant of +1 to two stats, an extra skill proficiency, and a feat

VenatorBC26

Tydorei

So what is this? the first two to complete there character get the last two spots? Or should I not try and come out with a character?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I think it's those who get complete sheets done get in or rather are chosen by the GM as he sees complete sheets and makes final choices/decisions. So I advice make the sheets (this is just my speculation though) if you want get into the game. It's not that hard to make the sheet and it took me just a around bit over a hour.