Kip's M/M Game Ideas

Started by Kip, April 07, 2010, 07:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip

Firstly, please read my On/Offs before contacting me regarding one of my ideas.

I have only 2 spots available for roleplay at the moment - no more.  This is not first come, first served.  Please send me a PM if you are interested in one of the ideas and are happy with all elements of my O/Os (or if you have any questions) and we can discuss the idea you are interested in and see we go from there.

Thanks for reading!  I hope you like them ;D

Idea 1 :

This is based off the concept of the movie Mulligans - I saw it, I loved it and I really wanted to RP the concept.

Steven and Joel are best friends and college students.  One summer, they return back to Joel's hometown to stay with his mother, father and younger sibling. The product of a teen romance, Joel is part of a youthful seemingly close-knit family.  The revelation of Steven's closely held secret, that he is gay, threatens to disrupt these bonds as they have to question their beliefs and themselves.  Struggling since his youth, Joel's father takes the first steps towards accepting his own sexuality and hooks up with Steven when they are alone one day.  Later discovery threatens to split the family asunder as they come to terms with a new understanding of each other. 

You would play Steven and I would play Joel's father, Gabe.  Gabe is 36 and Steven would be somewhere between 18-23.

Idea 2 :

Trian is the heir prince of the Avariel (winged elves).  Only males avariel children are born - females are always stillborn.  It is unknown why but it has been so as long ago as the race could remember.  As a result, it is a ritual that each male Avariel ventures into the human world at the age of 25.  Their wings and true beauty hidden by magic, their task is to find a woman to bring back with them to the Avariel city - a woman to marry and magically transform into an adult Avariel.  This is the only way that adult female avariel exists and the only way that the race continues.

Trian ventures into the human world and is entranced by the difference between the old world magical existence of the Avariel and the contemporary, rough and grungy world of the humans.  More surprising to him is the intense attraction he feels to a teacher he meets in the world, an attraction surprising because the teacher is male.  How can he return to his people with a man and how can he make the man fall in love with him?

I would play Trian (25 years) and you would play the teacher (27-30 years old).

Idea 3 :

Two superheroes in a world where such powers are rare but not unheard of.  Rare and not particularly well accepted.  Two men meet at a social gathering and feel a close and immediate bond for reasons unknown.  Unknown that is until they high five each other in response to a joke and the resulting flash of light stuns and blinds everyone else in the room.  Looking at each other in shock, they escape the party and struggle to come to terms with what has happened.  Their touch has awoken powers within them - giving one the power of light and the other the power of shadow.  Is their only connection the power that intensifies when they work in tandem or is it something more?

My character would be Riley, a 31 year old travel agent and yours would be between 25-35.

Idea 4 :

This idea is a narrowed down version of another RP I'm doing - focusing in on only two characters.  Brad and Ian only know each other at a basic level - Ian is the cousin of Brad's best friend of 25 years, Thomas.  The world is falling apart around them,  People are being surrounded by green aura, enduring minutes of excruciating pain and then disappearing.  At an extended family gathering, Brad and Ian watch those they love disappear around them and soon realise that it is not a localised event but a global occurence.  About 0.02% of the world's population survive and many of these die as a result of accidents during the time of the disappearance as cars crash together, planes fall out of the sky, hospital staff disappear and many other horrible results of absence occur.  Others die soon after of starvation and disease.

Those that remain start to exhibit special abilities - abilities that previously were considered the realm of superhero fiction.  Brad and Ian come to terms with their losses - Brad lost his partner of five years, Roland.  Ian lost his family and his sister, the only person he had come out to.  As they struggle to survive in a world that suddenly appears against them, can Ian come out of the closet that he is so firmly entrenched in?  Does their growing yet unspoken attraction threaten their survival - an unnecessary distraction in an unforgiving world?

You would play Brad and I would play Ian - they would be between 23-30 years in age.

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Major Major

Curiously enough, Idea Three is not dissimilar to one of my own.

Kip

I just came up with it while sitting here trying to think of more to add in last night - I hadn't looked into any other idea threads so I apologise if it looks like I have... but I haven't :)

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Trieste

Number three is not dissimilar to the X-men universe, which is fun to play in. :)

Ghostly

Might be interested in idea #2  ;D

Bishrook aka Fate sisters

For that matter I use much the same idea in my Century city super heroes game as an origin story for a female pair. That story line was started some six months ago.
Look at it on the bright side
Great Minds Think Alike
Steph
Weaver of threads
 Clotho who spins,Lachesis who weaves Atopos who cuts
We are the fate sisters, the Moerae, who apportion your destiny.
ons and offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7310.0