Walking Dead Rp (interest thread) CLOSED FOR NOW whist we sort out the new inter

Started by Baalborn87, February 01, 2013, 02:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleKitten

Ideally everyone would be balanced BUT being unbalanced could lead to some fun times

mayovagn

Han and Luke are not at the same level at the start of Star Wars... Frodo and Aragorn are not at the same level in Lord of the Rings...

I don't believe everyone should necessarily be balanced in writing, yet, in group games its vital for everyone to be able to work with each other towards a common goal without causing major issues. *Grins* This takes a certain amount of maturity of thinking. This is partly what I think the intro process in Elliquiy looks for. *Smiles*

So, given that, I have no clue how I made it in here...

*Smiles*
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

LittleKitten

mayovagn

Roight.

*nods*

So I just made an arse of myself? AGAIN? *laughs*

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Odanrav

*Throws hat in interest ring*

I'm really looking foward to this (pending baalborn's approval). And hi everyone =D.

AribethAmkiir

Baalborn87

HI ALL! Thanks for the interest. Everyone who is interested post up a basic character sheet on here (age,gender,orientation if you want, career) then the rest of us could help polish them up.

Also stop me if this is too crazy..........how about the new people are in a secondary group allowing us to join forces and add some interesting character interactions.

Would you all like to be already in a group?

Odanrav

Monica Benson

Appearance: A beautiful woman standing at 5’8” and weighing just under 130 lbs. Her figure is thin, with not much in the way of a large bust or wide hips, but she is in good shape and is very comfortable within her own skin. She has dark brown eyes and stunning raven hair that flows halfway down her back, normally straight as a board. Her skin is fair toned, but what’s on it is normally what draws the most attention. Monica possesses a plethora of tattoos that adorn her body from shoulders to shins. Each of which contains a special meaning to her, and those close to her.

Items: Monica normally wears a charcoal colored leather jacket to ride her Ducati Monster 696 on. As well as a plain white tank top underneath her jacket, and leather pants along with red and black sneakers. As for accessories, she keeps a few rings upon her fingers, and has her ears pierced with black circular studs. For self defense Monica usually carries a Colt 1911, stuffed into the back of her leather jeans. Though she’s never actually had a situation arise where she’s had to use it. And truthfully doesn’t have a clue how to use it properly.

Monica’s Attire and Items

Background: Born the oldest of two daughters to a successful businessman in Seattle, Monica had it all. A good family, education, and a future. But what her parents wanted for her was never what she wanted. She always loved bikes, and fine cars. Working on them and tinkering with them. Enough to the point that two years into college she suddenly decided to drop out of UW, and go to work in a local body shop to her parents dismay. Eventually after a couple years she was able to open up her own shop that specialized in making custom bikes and modifications, with the help of a sizable loan she borrowed from her parents begrudgingly, and it was around this time she began to cover her body in inked artwork. This drastic lifestyle change drove a wedge between her and them that never mended itself as she progressively accepted a “biker chick“ persona. In all that time however she never broke ties with her little sister, Connie, and remained close to her. Connie is a student at UW now herself, as well as a cheerleader and honor student  and all that sappy crap Monica hated. But regardless, she loves her little sister and would do anything for her.

Sexuality: Bisexual

As for a second group: Personally Snorkle and myself have discussed a way for MC to enter the frame and we have some backstory, though they could always meet later. I would be willing to join up with the current group, or be apart of a new one, so either way for me.

mayovagn

Name: Freya Slaine Simmonds
Previous career: Owner and operator of an online business.
Nationality: United Kingdom (Born in Northern Island, lived in Sussex England)
Reason for being in the US: On holiday (Vacation) and caught up in Zday stuff there.
Skills: Very IT literate, fighting re-enactor in Europe for many years and very well versed with medieval armed and unarmed combat techniques from the 10th to the 15th centuries. Well used to living 'rough' due to camping most weekends as a re-enactor.

Would this fit? Should I expand this with history, personality, gear, appearance, cookie preference and stuffs?

xPeachyPuff

If you could find a picture for Freya, that would be awesome (: And specification on her sexuality might be a good thing to add as well. But otherwise I think the information you've provided would be sufficient.

Love the look of Monica by the way (:

Baalborn87

LittleKitten

Monica looks good to me. Well written and seems fun to play with.  *nodnod* Plus-tats are fucking hot

mayovagn

Orientation: Pansexual and Pollyamorous

Appearance: Tall (6'2"), thin, with short mid brown hair and greeny blue eyes with a lot of orange and brown around the iris. Freya has a sharp and flinty look about her a lot of the time. Though when she does smile she lights up like a pinball machine. Long thin fingers are found on her small hands which she is fairly dexterous with. She doesn't have much of any of a chest to talk about, barely requiring a bra and able to go without one most of the time should she wish to without serious incident. Tending to dress in comfortable and simple rather than extravagant and flashy clothes she is often taken for a 'tomboy'.

Reason for being in the US: On holiday (Vacation) and caught up in Zday stuff there.

Skills: Very IT literate, fighting re-enactor in Europe for many years and very well versed with medieval armed and unarmed combat techniques from the 10th to the 15th centuries. Well used to living 'rough' due to camping most weekends as a re-enactor. Good on and off road with a motorbike and or a standard bicycle. Very fit.

Shiny Kit: Biker Leathers and boots. Full face motorcycle helmet. Kawasaki ZZR1200 with paniers and top box containing clothes, personal basics and laptop along with small tool kit, tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat, and small amount of supplies. (Freya was riding across the country on vacation having hired the bike and gear).

Background: Freya grew up in the south of England one of three daughters of a reasonably well off family. She always had an interest in strange un-girly things like computers, movies, motorbikes and managed to fall into a group of friends who pulled her, in her late teens, into medieval re-enactment. Her love of comptuers and movies lead to her starting up her own movie review site online 'IdiotLantern.com' which grew rapidly till she was selling, mostly through dropshipping, large amounts of merchandise, as well as raking in ad revenue from the site. She has a number of part time reviewers she pays as well as writing a lot of the reviews herself and encouraging her user base to become involved in the process. All of this bring run out of the attic of the large family home in West Wittering.
Having set her sights on riding around the US, Freya recently took a month and a half off of work and was part way through her vacation when the world decided to come to an end. She now finds herself on the wrong side of the planet unable to contact her family and fighting for her life against the dead with a group of strangers.

(Looks like we have a pair of biker girls, so a group is making some good sense all of a sudden...)

LittleKitten

Quote from: mayovagn on March 15, 2013, 04:14:01 PM
Skills: Very IT literate, fighting re-enactor in Europe for many years and very well versed with medieval armed and unarmed combat techniques from the 10th to the 15th centuries. Well used to living 'rough' due to camping most weekends as a re-enactor.

Would this fit? Should I expand this with history, personality, gear, appearance, cookie preference and stuffs?

I would like to know more about her. Basic history, personality and gear would be great for me. I also had some questions about the re-enactments that she does. Is she a part of an organized group like SCA or the ECS? Or is it more of a get together like Dagorhir?

Baalborn87

mayovagn

Added history.

The re-enactment scene in Europe is not like SCA. I am not familiar with ECS at all, so can't comment on that.

In Europe fighting re-enactors dress in reproduction period costume, armour (steel, leather, all the good stuff) and take up stage grade (blunted) steel weapons and perform mass combat displays for the public. Since mass combat displays cannot be choreographed, all combatants must meet a certain required standard of competency before being allowed on the field. You are swinging around and poking folks with steel bars, you have to know that if your people are encountering unarmored opponents they are going to be pulling their blows correctly!

There are various living history displays most of often off the field, with period food and tents.

I was a member in the UK for years of these folks who do this sort of thing most weekends in the summer and some in the spring and autumn.

I have fought all over Europe in full armour and had a hell of a lot of fun doing it before moving to Canada.

This is the sort of thing I envisage Freya has having been doing on weekends.

LittleKitten

Like the SCA then, expect they do it privately.

Very fun. Would Freya have her gear with her?

mayovagn

Not like the SCA! *Laughs*

Well, not the ones I ever met. I have heard there are some groups who are not so bad though.

The SCA tend to be multi-period and in the old country folks tend to stick to one time frame and be as authentic as possible. There is little of the lords and lady stuff I have heard about with a lot of SCA stuff too. Generally people are there to have a laugh, enjoy themselves and not cause harm. Not pretend to have airs and graces and be all high and mighty. Those sorts don't tend to last long as everyone else tends to laugh at them till they either get a clue and stop it or go away.

I will say again, I have heard that there are SCA groups that are not like that, but I have heard a lot of stories about ones that are.

Freya would not have her gear with her no. She was intending to go biking not fighting. *Grins* But she does have a very good idea of how to fight and use a lot of strange fun toys.

Of course its not hard to come by machete's these days, which are sort of like small falchions.

LittleKitten

There's a few bad apples in every group and somehow they manage to ruin the reps of everyone else.

Should be interesting to see what you come up with in game

Odanrav

Thanks Kitten and Rainbow for the kind words! And Freya looks like someone Moni could become fast friends with. =D

mayovagn

Changed Freya's height. Nobody that short is going to have much fun with a ZZR12...

*Winces*

LittleKitten

I had had that thought but....one of my fav video game characters is a TEENY TINY asian chick with what appears to be a 6 foot short.

mayovagn

Yeah, I suddenly though, "Well, its nice to write someone short given I am tall and all... But a ZZR12? Nope."

*Dances*

I am very much up for being part of a second group if I didn't make that clear already.

LittleKitten

But isn't it every guys dream to have a little girl on a big bike?

Lets see:
Rain, may, odan and me are the girls so far
and
Baal, Zanly and chreest are the boys.

4 girls to 3 boys.....unless I missed someone

xPeachyPuff

Would be nice to have a couple more men, but that's just me >>