Personal Message question...

Started by Miss Lilly, July 10, 2012, 10:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Lilly

If you're trying to reply to a pm sent to you by another member, and after you hit send you get an error message saying that no member of that name can be found...does that mean they're blocking you? Or is it a bug?
Want to get wild in the west?
Visit Lola's!

Beguile's Mistress

I'm not sure about those reasons but I get that message if I've accidentally changed the name in the To: field.

Miss Lilly

All I did was hit reply. I even tried exiting out of my pm screen and going back in. It still did it.
Visit Lola's!

Mithlomwen

You might check to see if they've changed their screen name. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Miss Lilly

*checks*

Nope....and it was a message that I'd received less than an hour before trying to respond to it.
Visit Lola's!

Trieste

If someone has you on ignore, it will say "so and so doesn't want to receive PMs from you". If it says no such user and you hit reply, it might be something you want to PM Veks about.

Miss Lilly

Ah, okay. Veks pm'd me last night...thanks Trieste!
Visit Lola's!

Trieste

Is Vekseid the one that the error is happening with?

Miss Lilly

No...but it was a member of staff.
Visit Lola's!

Trieste

I'm sorry. That's extremely strange and should be reported to Veks. In the meantime, the staff page should have email contacts for all of us. I think most of us have staffname@elliquiy.com emails but I'm not sure if all do, so best to double check.

Miss Lilly

No problems...thanks Trieste. I've let Veks know, so hopefully he'll be able to fix whatever gremlin it was
Visit Lola's!

Ty

I have had oddities with non alphanumeric characters in member names causing troubles in the to field in the distant past. I think it was thought to be some kind of script error browser side