Soundtrack to Your Life

Started by Question Mark, October 28, 2012, 07:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question Mark

1. Open your music library
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For the first topic, type the song that's playing
5. Elaborate on the song for bonus points!
6. When you go to the next topic, skip forward two songs
7. Do it... NOW!

Opening Credits
Sholazar Basin Music - WoW
Calm and synth-y, with a distinct jungle vibe.  Interesting.  And ya, ripped WoW tracks makes up a large chunk of my music XD

Waking Up
Legions (War) - Zoe Keating
From cheesy WoW theme music to ultra-talented avant grade cello by Zoe Keating.  This song starts off slow, but picks up a steady beat and feel.  Has a rather dark and anxious tone.  Maybe not the best song to wake up to.

First Day of School
Icecrown Ambience_2 - WoW
Another WoW track!  This one is all atmosphere; tense, creepy, ominous And yet wistful atmosphere.  Well, I never liked public school all that much, but this seems kind of over the top.

Puberty
Ice Planet - Bjorne Lynne
A groovy synth-electronica-trance piece with a sci-fi feel.  Awesome clarinets!  Catchy and esoteric, not sure how well it relates to adolescence though.

High School
Dust and Echoes - Martin O'Donnell
The song that plays during Halo: CE's last cutscene.  Hmmm, synth.

First Date
A Father's Son - Dax Jonson
A mellow and emotional piano piece.  I've always thought of it as mournful, but it could also be taken as naive romance.  I like it!

First Break Up
You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi
That couldn't have worked out better!

First Fight
Isle of Quel'Danas Ambience_2 - WoW
Eerie and ambient, like most blood elf music.  I'll be honest, this is a let down.  Maybe it was a wizard fight?

Prom and First Kiss
ODST - Martin O'Donnell
The song used in Halo 3: ODST's trailer and title.  Adventurous and action-y!  Sounds like a badass prom.  I bet an explosion went off behind us during the kiss.

First Job
Coldplay Drum and Bass Remix - Bashlyplay
Was I an amateur YouTube remixer?

College
Electric Romeo - Immediate Music
Quick paced with an epic feel.  Best years of my life indeed!

Marriage
Player vs. Player Intro_1 - WoW
Guess we're getting divorced ;(

First Child
The Menagerie - Martin O'Donnell
Another ODST track.  Lots of loud bass and rhythmic drums, epic track.  This kid's gonna be a badass.

Mid-Life Crisis
Baptize Me - The Book of Mormon
I guess my crisis is of a religious nature, and involves a latently sexual musical baptism scene?  I don't know which scares me more: becoming religious or the sexual undertones.

Children All Grown Up
For the City - Jin
Looks like my kids are going to become good willed gangstas in Los Angeles.  I guess, as long as they're happy...

Retirement
Jaine's Got a Gun - Aerosmith
The unfortunate implications are nearly limitless.

Bucket List Adventures
Magika - Two Steps From Hell
Proud, adventurous, inspiring, invigorating.  I couldn't have picked a better song for skydiving, climbing mountains, or learning how to play guitar!

Final Battle
The Maker's Fire - Vedrim
A remix of Ignis the Furnace Master from Ulduar in WoW.  I've never wiped on him, and I'm not about to start now!

Death Scene
The Assassin Looms - The Witcher 2
If I'm being assassinated, I suppose that means I must have achieved something in my life.  YAY!

Life Flashing Before Your Eyes
Foreplay/Long Time - Boston
One of my all time favorite songs.  I'm more than okay watching a montage of my life to those sweet riffs.

End Credits
Oratio Sanctus - Immediate Music
Beautiful, solemn, epic.  I couldn't have asked for a better outro.

I think this went well.  Your turn!

Inari

Opening Credits

Child of Eden - Starline

Waking Up

Origa - Inner Universe

First Day of School

Within Temptation - Shot In The Dark

Puberty

Rob Zombie - Dragula

High School

Ghost in The Shell - Stand Alone Complex - Second Gig - I can't be cool

First Date

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni - Full Opening

First Break Up

Kyosuke Himuro - CALLING

First Fight

Robbie Williams - Come Undone

Prom and First Kiss

Assassin's Creed 2 OST  - Venice Rooftops

First Job

My Chemical Romance - The Only Hope For Me Is You

College

Utada Hiraku - Keep Tryin'

Marriage

Lostprophets - Broken Hearts, Torn Up Letters And The Story Of A Lonely Girl.

First Child

Maplestory Soundtrack - Lith Harbor

Mid-Life Crisis

Oingo Boingo - Little Girls

Children All Grown Up

Lostprophets - Can't Stop, Gotta Date With Hate

Retirement

Breaking Benjamin - Stay Alive Forever

Bucket List Adventures

Robbie Williams - Spred Your Wings

Final Battle

Avenged Sevenfold - Beast And The Harlot

Death Scene

Mirai Nikki - Second Opening - Dead END

Life Flashing Before Your Eyes

Rammstein - Mein Herz Brennt

End Credits

Donna Burke - Heavens Divide

====

My brain isn't working enough to describe them. But you are all welcome to just copy/paste the names into youtube or something. XD

But overall... man... my life is more messed than I thought. o__o

SweetKnickers

Did I type too much? Music is something I always rant a lot about. 0___O Sorry!!![/i]

1. Opening Credits
Vocalise for Violin - Sergei Rachmaninoff

This song just gives me sad feels you know? It's wistful and sounds almost like a love song.... I accompanied on the piano with a friend whom I loved a lot a little while ago and it's just a wonderful song to listen to. I think that after learning and playing a song yourself, you will form a certain attachment to it.
Plus, the sound of a well played violin is absolutely beautiful to me.

I think that it's kind of reflective of the way I think about those beginning times of life. Maybe? Nostalgic, sad, wistful, sometimes hurt...

2. Waking Up
The Swan (Carnival of Animals) - Saint Saens

The lulling of the cello and harp and the soft xylophone (?) in the background is really calming and actually sounds like the scene of someone waking up on a lazy summer day. I enjoy playing this song on my flute whenever I'm in a bad mood... :-)

3. First Day of School
Emperor's Hymn (String Quartet in C) - Franz Haydn

I believe this is the German national anthem? Or at least the third stanza. Personally, I love Germany and I absolute LOVE Haydn, but this is one of his compositions that are not to my taste. I don't even know. But it frustrates me when I listen to all the movements in this one. Meh.

4. Puberty
Polonaise in A Major "Military" - Frederic Chopin

OMG. This song just made me laugh as soon as I heard it and looked at the topic. Yes, puberty was a frigging battle, but the nationalistic and almost pompous sound of this particular Chopin piece just doesn't fit my time as a pubescent teen. XD

Also, just remembering my disastrous music history lessons and my teacher's face when I attempted to explain this particular song is hysterical. Ahem. But yeah, Chopin is fun to play but I tend to lean away from his more nationalistic pieces. I mean, I love Polish food, but their dance songs... mazurkas, polonaises just aren't to my taste. :-)

5. High School
None but the Lonely Hearts - Pyotr Il'yich Tchaikovsky

Such a desolate song. Violin playing its beautiful high notes and a background of lower string repeating the same few sad harmonies. I believe this is actually based on a German poem, probably by Goethe, as the poem it's based on appears in lieder that Romantic composers such as Schubert and Wolf wrote.

6. First Date
I Love You - Edvard Grieg

God, his music is so hard to play. I think that my first date would have been much more impressive had my date played this song to me. Strings players are just impressive to me. >:)

7. First Break Up
Romance (The Gadfly) - Dmitri Shostakovich

I enjoy listening to this song even though I have no idea whatever The Gadfly is and I don't really know Shostakovich's music well either. My piano teacher played a recording of this to me once and I just fell in love with this song. And I think it's actually a nostalgia factor for why I don't want to know anything else about it. Although it's supposed to be a romantic and happy "in love" song, I always feel melancholy when I listen to it...

8. First Fight
Standchen (Serenade) - Franz Schubert

I can't even explain how much this song affects me. But firstly, I'd like to say that it's totally what a 19th/20th century playa would play on a guitar under his beloved's window while serenading his apologies to her.

If I were to explain how magical this song is... Uggh. Once again, it's also because it's a violin recording. (lol) Violin players are sexy people. But yeah, its got German lyrics and it's just lovely.

9. Prom and First Kiss
Cradle Song - Johannes Brahms

I didn't go to prom so maybe that's why? I was probably sleeping during prom though. Wasn't in Canada as I was on a student exchange trip out of the country. It's the song that my mom used to hum to me to get me to sleep. :-)

10. First Job
Barcarolle (The Tales of Hoffman) - Jacques Offenbach

Actually the most famous aria from the opera that was played at the Opera-Comique, I'm sure everyone has heard it. And if not, go listen now! It's actually just a wonderful late night song. I always listen on the car. Of course, I play just the instrumental. The opening motive is just wonderful. Of course, the waltzy feel to it is also quite nice. ^-^ My first job was as a lifeguard though, so don't know the relation there.

11. College
Melody in F - Anton Rubinstein

Considering the generally dancy and happy nature to this song, I'm hoping it means that I'll have a lovely time at college, barring the stress and work. XD ..and little sleep. @#$%

12. Marriage

Spring Song - Felix Mendelssohn

The thing with this is that I don't ever want to get married. But I guess a spring wedding sounds nice. Also, Mendelssohn is my favourite composer to play! :-D Although, I basically love all German composers. I think. Except for Bach. But he doesn't count. =___='

13. First Child

Flute Concerto in G Minor "La Notte" - Antonio Vivaldi

I actually played the flute solo for this at school once. Vivaldi stuff is always hard to learn but this just kicked my butt so bad! I don't like his stuff too much, but I guess this song is okay. I guess I'll have a hectic time taking care of my first child?

14. Mid-Life Crisis

Ballet Music in G (from Rosamunde) - Franz Schubert

I hate playing Schubert just because of the sheer difficulty of it, and how beautiful it could sound, and how I'm never quite able to capture the sound I want. This is one of those failures for me. I work on it all the time but it just.. yeah. XD Anyways, lovely composition and lovely dialogue between instruments as always.

15. Children All Grown Up

Con Te Partiro - Andrea Bocelli

Dude's got a lovely voice. And I can just barely make out the meaning of the song with my little knowledge of the Italians language through music and Latin. XD The instrumentals are nice and its got nice simple harmonies throughout. Con Te Partiro literally means I Will Leave With You.

16. Retirement

Song to the Moon (from Rusalka) - Anton Dvorak

Dvorak has some very pretty compositions and they are generally very likeable. This song in particular has very lovely motives... Also, the violin part has the most wonderful contrasts. I hope that's what my retirement will be like. :D

17. Bucket List Adventures

Nocturne in F Sharp - Franz Chopin

I don't know what this is supposed to mean about my bucket list adventures. That there will be high and low parts? Haha. This nocturne is very fun and easy enough to play. Pretty harmonies as usual.

18. Final Battle

Moonlight Sonata - Ludwig von Beethoven

I've accompanied a friend for this song during their violin exam... It's not a song that I like too much, but it's definitely got that Beethoven feel. 0___O Don't play it at my funeral, future family and friends.  :-\

19. Death Scene

I Dreamed a Dream - Les Miserables Version

I don't remember downloading this song? Broadway musicals aren't too enjoyable for me and I also don't really like that such a very important French novel... Yeah. Also, I just think of Susan Boyle every time I hear it.  :P I can see me dying during my sleep? Or feeling regret? I have no idea.

20. Life Flashing Before Your Eyes

Radetzky March - Johann Strauss (Sr.)

The Karajan conducted version of this is so awesome! I wish I'd been older during the 1980's and lived in Europe. Austria, Belgium, France, Germany!!! GAHHH. XD I tend to not like either of the Strauss too much, but this is just a very fun song. I bob my head to it every time I hear it. I can actually imagine a montage of my life with this as background music.

Totally doing that before I die. >:)

21. End Credits

One learns to feel and feels to yearn.